Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/24 - 8/28
Topic Started: Aug 24 2009, 01:28 PM (5,387 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 27 2009, 10:46 PM
Oh, and I never watched Passions and don't know Lindsey Hartely at all, but was that really her in the preview for tomorrow? In the attractive department, Felisha won. But I guess LH is a better actress from what I have heard?
She just wasn't what I was expecting.
GASP!!! Blasphemy!! Ok, just kidding but LH is BEAUTIFUL! FT had that weird thing going on with her nose and what looked like a scar on her upper lip. Yes, FT had sexier eyes and maybe a more vavavoom body (could not work it) but as for everything else LH wins hands down with her doe eyes and talent, she's just a more innocent type of sexy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I think Lindasy Hartely is easily one of the sexiest women in daytime....hands down!!! You have to really see her in action to appreciate her. Give her a week....she is going to do just fine, I think.

sungrey

My first impression of Lindsay? Meh. Nothing spectacular. But it's just one day. Let's see how she does over time. The first Arianna looked a bit like Rafe so it was easy to see the brother and sister combination.

Given the right material, I think Taylor could become a pretty good actress. She stood her own against Ari earlier this year when Mia and Nicole had scenes. Sadly, I'm beginning to think the show needs a new writing team for this to happen. I'll reserve judgment on whether Corday needs to regain control (God, I NEVER thought I'd say that!)

Overall I guess I'm more excited for Carly, Vivian, Lawrence, etc. to return.
Edited by sungrey, Aug 28 2009, 01:16 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I can never get over how gorgeous Lindsay is.She is by far a WAY better Arianna,Felisha was just dry with her acting alot of the time,Lindsay is more loose,its only her first day she'll get better and better as she goes,I'm glade once again she's not playing a goody goody,she's good at playing a naughty girl with a heart.

I thought the rest of todays show was BORING though.

Tori

The acting, the writing, the plots, the sets on Passions were so second rate it's a shame to have Days associated with such a failure of a show. It's just my opinion but I was surprised that Passions lasted as long as it did.
Edited by Tori, Aug 28 2009, 01:32 PM.

LiZa
Member Avatar

The motel that Philip took Mel to, is that the same motel Kyle/Brenda stayed at?
Edited by LiZa, Aug 28 2009, 02:30 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

First impression of Hartley as Arianna: I like it! I didn't catch the whole episode, just the last 20 minutes, but in her scenes with the drug dealer and Brady, she wasn't bad at all. She seemed like a natural.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

It really was weird seeing LH, EM and GG all in the same scene, talk about deja vu. There's really not too much for me to judge LH on her scenes alone but I was getting really sick of seeing FT's Ari. FT had a coldness to her that didn't translate like Chloe's goul girl had, FT just made Ari unecessarily rude and unfriendly. I do have mixed feeling about the Brianna pairing but I will keep an open mind.

LOL at Dr. Dan having to get drunk before trying to seduce Kate. He looks like he's been sleeping under a park bench with how dirty looking he's gotten. Nice abs, though! Kate makes Dan and Danloe enjoyable for me.

I would think Dr Wesley would have more of an opinion about what to do with Chloe and would want Lucas to turn over his next of kin status to them.

While I really enjoy Nicole and Sami as friends, the writers went too too fast with their newfound relationship. So first thing Sami does after getting the Dr. Baker call is to confide in her new bff Nicole? I guess it was because Nicole had Baker as a dr too so she wanted more info but it seemed too forced and a bit jarring. I do like how it made Nicole's plight even more prominent. Nicole feels so badly that her new friend is going through this pain but she's really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I liked it better when EJ and Lexie weren't siblings.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i was also surprised that craig didn't pitch a fit over lucas considering pulling the plug. i know he's a doctor, andi know this is chloe's decision what with the living will, but i guess i was suprised how calm craig was about the whole thing. i know a lot of people have trouble letting go, especially in the case of a parent doing so with a child, but it seems as if he had already made up his mind about it before he even showed up. i don't know, it was kind of odd for me.

as much as i complained about the decision to hire hartley, i really liked her today. i totally agree with the above that terell had a coldness about her that hartley doesn't. also, for me, hartley is just a better actress. she's more at ease than terell was, and says her lines in a more believeable manner. i definitely think i can get into the character now, but truth be known, i was always a teresa fan, so it's not too shocking.

loved LK's scenes at the end of the show. i totally bought that she's torn--on the one hand, she's too smart to fall for daniel's tricks, but the on the other her pride and ego doesn't want to let her admit that he's playing her for a fool.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I would think that Craig would be more suspicious of Lucas. My understanding is that he doesn't know Lucas at all so how is he suppose to know for sure that Lucas isn't the one who tried to kill his daughter and even if he thinks Lucas is innocent wouldn't he be harboring ill feelings for Chloe since she cheated on him. If I were Dr. Craig, I wouldnt back whatever decision Lucas makes. I would be very nervous, but I guess they dont want to creat a Terry Shivo s/l out of it.

I didn't think FT was a bad actress but she didn't give too much to make you want to connect to the character. She was doing fine for a while and then maybe because they put Ari in so many ackward situations she got stuck in the playing it cold mode. I wonder if something happened backstage to make her even more uncomfortable because I would think a model would be more comfortable with her body but that wasn't the case during the bikini scene. the poor girl looked like she had body image issues and looked uneasy to be around a half naked man.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I didn't watch Passions so I had never seen Hartley before. I thought Terrell was OK but Hartley is definitely an improvement. It was good to see Craig on screen again.
Edited by dc cubs, Aug 28 2009, 10:06 PM.

Nicole Walker

I thought LIndsay did good for her first day. I can't wait to see her in scenes with JKJ, JS, John Aniston and Joe Mascolo.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Alligato
Aug 27 2009, 10:44 PM
Catching up a bit...

While I don't mind someone being on Nicole's case for how weird she has been acting, it really pisses me off that it is Rafe. Who da hell is this guy? All of this shit is none of his business! He is all crazy about exposing this secret...well, what about his own damn secret! Hypocracy really pisses me off, and Rafe is a lying, manipulating thief who needs to shut the fuck up. His little superior attitude is really making me hate him!

Loved the sweet Lumi scene, but Lucas reminding Sami how evil Nicole is is another case of hypocracy. Sami is just as much as an evil friend as Nicole, so it is killing me how anti-Nicole everyone is. Other than EJ, she has really stayed out of everyone's life and kept quiet for the past year. Very plot point here. Tell Sami not to trust evil EJ, or lying, nontrustworthy Rafe, not Nicole who has been helping her out recently.

Anyways...

Chad is just looking way too old and mature for sleepyMia, imo. And funny how Melanie is looking way to young for her story. The teen story isn't doing much for me.

Anything with Dr. Dan just entertains me in such a cheesy way. Kate looked different today...was it the lips? She has been looking all kinds of hot lately, but today something was off.

I'll NEVER buy Princess Stephanie as someone who sits in a smokey bar drinking beer. She just doesn't look like the type. Cut your hair, Philly!

I have enjoyed the Bope/Ciara storyline, and how it has wrapped up for now. Hope this is the end of the visions, but was secretly hoping that Bo needed therapy to help stop his visions and went to Carly for some psychiatric evaluations or something. Wasn't expecting Dean to shoot his chick before killing her. He just creeps me out.

Pretty good week so far!
No joke--I tuned in yesterday and saw Melanie, and until they said her name, I TOTALLY thought that was the chelsea recast. Girl's got EVERY mannerism of Melvin down pat. They should just recast the role so that "Melanie" dies and becomes Chelsea. It was actually jarring to hear her called Melanie. THAT IS SO CHELSEA!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Aug 27 2009, 01:42 AM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 26 2009, 11:24 PM
Well, guys, it's been a year or so but I finally saw a full Days episode.

I have to say, I get the "RIP Days" discussions. I like Rafe and Nicole and the regular players, but to see, today, Nic, Rafe, Bope and Lumi offset, if not overwhelmed, by all those newbies. New Will, Chad, Mia, etc, Brenda, Dean, guywhogotkilled, etc... it was pretty shocking, to say the least.

My first impulse of the teen scene was "Mia" is NO Kirsten Storms, and I was immediately hooked on the Shelle, Phloe, Brady, Jan, etc. of yore. I thought these new kids had NO 'It' factor like the old teens. But, surprisingly, Mia and Chad became sort of watchable, and now, I think I might warm up to them after seeing the full episode. but that bitch in the hospital bed... I don't know about her. I'm not sure if it's bad acting or I just hate stuck-up bitches like that one.

Meanwhile, what was with the blinkandyoumissed it Lucas/New will bumper? It went nowhere! Is this something new they're doing that I don't get? Did it continue later on and I missed it? Ugh.

I like the baby-switch storyline with Nic and can't wait for that bitch to be outed. Rafe was smart to nab the phone but he seemed way too suspicious of just a damn phone call. It's like "MIND YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, ASSWIPE! what's what the all the questions?"

The "Days" theme is HORRIBLE. Why do they shorten it and speed it up like that? Doesn't Ken corday know it cheapens the show and screams "Let's just get this over with so we can stay productive and cut costs?" It's in his control to change the theme or make it FIT the fucking time allotted! Not NBC's.

I don't get why Dean's ultimate revenge on Hope - and I missed why he hates her so much - is now out the window. Why is he NOT killing Bope and ciara all in one fell swoop? Why is he playing the good guy? He can take them all out! They're not expecting it! SOME revenge. rolleyes.
Well, the kidnapping plot is over so Brenda, Kyle, and (shortly) Dean will be gone. The others aren't really newbies (I hate that term). Yes, there are new faces but you haven't watched the show awhile and, to be honest, most of them were slowly brought on. They weren't on every day to start out. Only Molly Burnett's Melanie was last Fall. Most are already used to them so you need to allow time to adjust because the show is a different show now. It can be jarring, especially not having watched in that long. The show has gone back to it's old story-telling style (JER-like) but the canvas has changed, thankfully.

I assume the Lucas/Will thing you are mentioning is the trivia segment (I didn't get one today for some reason so I'm guessing the segment was Lucas and Will today). We've been getting those since June and, while annoying at first, they are pretty fun now. It seems many fans have warmed up to them. The downside is the opening got cut back in June to make room for it. I hate that. It is very choppy now and I would rather keep the opening as is, keep the trivia, and take away the daily previews at the end. That would be great IMO.

Good to see you back, JSF. Hope to see you around more. You should keep watching Days because I think you will like it once you get used to how different things are. Being a JER fan, I think you will enjoy it since Tomlin and co seem to tap into JER's style quite a bit.
Thanks for the response, Phoenix.

I just can't believe that the producers couldn't find SOME way to shorten the theme to fit the new time, so that it doesn't sound shitty and forced to FIT the time. There is a way. And it can't cost much money just to shave off a few seconds and record a new, shorter version.

I guess it's good if they're going the JER route. I'm going to give it a shot again, particularly now that I can catch the show online.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm watching Friday's US episode now. First Craig's return and now the new Arianna. WOW! This Arianna feels weird but will work out well quick times.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Aug 27 2009, 11:17 PM
Alligato
Aug 27 2009, 10:46 PM
Oh, and I never watched Passions and don't know Lindsey Hartely at all, but was that really her in the preview for tomorrow? In the attractive department, Felisha won. But I guess LH is a better actress from what I have heard?
She just wasn't what I was expecting.
GASP!!! Blasphemy!! Ok, just kidding but LH is BEAUTIFUL! FT had that weird thing going on with her nose and what looked like a scar on her upper lip. Yes, FT had sexier eyes and maybe a more vavavoom body (could not work it) but as for everything else LH wins hands down with her doe eyes and talent, she's just a more innocent type of sexy.
:) I figured I might get some crap from that comment, but I must say that I watched yesterday's show and LH wasn't too bad. She did come off a bit more natural than FT, and maybe the promo was just a bad angle of her (something with her eyes/brows) because she was rather pretty on the show. I found FT gorgeous, but when she did that bikini scene, it was awkward all around, and it seems that LH comes off a bit more comfortable.
I'm willing to give her a chance. I just feel that there are too many Passions people around my show now. I didn't like Passions.

I don't know why they bought Dr. Craig back for this minor silly role, but it was so good to see him. I missed him and Nancy.

I am just not feeling the Sami/Nicole relationship. I want it to work for them - they both need good friends who get them - but I can just hear Sami's screaming fit when she does her "I thought you were my friend" speech in a few weeks when the truth comes out. Oh, don't forget the "I'll NEVER forgive you." Ugh. I hope I'm wrong.

Dr. Dan IS getting oranger while his hair gets yellower. Still lovin' his story.

It was an okay week. :)

sungrey

And I guess that's why I'm not too crazy about Tomlin catching JER's style. I didn't care for it the second time around, so don't force it. Chris Whitesell isn't Jim Reilly. Let him write naturally.

On an unrelated note, yes yes yes! Do something. Shorten a scene here and there. Don't get rid of the trivia, because that's a good feature. But BRING BACK THE LONGER OPENING!!!

Mason
Member Avatar

Lindsay Hartley is so much better than Felisha Terrell. For the first time, I can actually see myself potentially coming to like Arianna, instead of just being bored whenever she's onscreen.

Cupcake06

Mason
Aug 29 2009, 02:00 PM
Lindsay Hartley is so much better than Felisha Terrell. For the first time, I can actually see myself potentially coming to like Arianna, instead of just being bored whenever she's onscreen.
Same here. And I tried to like Arianna, and Brady with Arianna. Just couldn't.

Well I thought she (LH) was great, especially considering it was only her first day and hasn't really acted at all in the past year and a half. Like that she never just memorizes and reads her lines, no matter how basic they are. It's little things she does that just make me love her so much! So i'm looking forward to seeing what happens next, and hope she gets even better with time. And that's my lovefest for the day. :wub:

Oh. Didn't think of Passions, Theresa, or Theresa/Ethan one bit while watching, either.

Kenny
Member Avatar

OMG. What happened to the Days opening? I'm watching Friday's episode right now and it's been hacked all to hell!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply