Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Fall Preview (Corday interview); September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 10:59 AM (9,206 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Ken Corday. [All quotes below are from Corday.]

"Things are ramping up from a simmer to a slow burn. By the time we get to the end of September, boy is the pot going to be boiling over," says Ken Corday. "Too many things happen at one time. You can't miss a day."

Rafe/Sami/Nicole/EJ: Corday says this is "the story that drives the show": Rafe begins to figure out things about whose baby Sydney is. "That lights the fuse and the bomb will blow up once we get to the end of October/beginning of November". However, when Rafe "gets all of the goods", Meredith returns to town, and something happens to Rafe where he cannot tell Sami. Meredith is a "completely loose cannon".

Bo/Hope/Justin/Carly: "The fallout of the kidnapping is big." Hope turns to Justin and "leans on him" while things deteriorate between Bo and Hope. Hope leaves Bo, bringing Ciara with her. Justin doesn't want to get in the way of Bo and Hope's marriage, "but he is a friend". "And then Carly returns to town."

Chloe/Daniel/Kate: "Chloe wakes up, finally." Daniel proposes to Chloe, and they reunite, though Victor tries to stop it. "They will overcome the odds and cut to: happy couple." However, Kate has attempted murder, so she goes to Stefano for help. Will Stefano "rig the jury" to gain her acquittal?

Will/Mia/Chad: Mia tells Will that she had a baby. "It's a bump in the road in their relationship", but what will Chad do when he finds out?

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan: Stephanie finds out that Melanie and Philip made love. "It's a very embarrassing time for both Philip and Melanie." Melanie tries to explain things to Stephanie, but she's not interested. She breaks up with Philip, because she's been tricked too many times. "Nathan and Melanie will bond after they're arrested for helping Daniel." One of them must move out of Maggie's house.

Arianna/Brady: "Victor is on to what Arianna is up to." However, Victor and the viewers don't know that Arianna has a "surprising" connection to someone else in Salem. Victor blackmails Arianna which upsets her greatly.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 10:59 AM
Bo/Hope/Justin/Carly: "The fallout of the kidnapping is big." Hope turns to Justin and "leans on him" while things deteriorate between Bo and Hope. Hope leaves Bo, bringing Ciara with her. Justin doesn't want to get in the way of Bo and Hope's marriage, "but he is a friend". "And then Carly returns to town."
How convenient.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Rafe/Sami/Nicole/EJ: Corday says this is "the story that drives the show": Rafe begins to figure out things about whose baby Sydney is. "That lights the fuse and the bomb will blow up once we get to the end of October/beginning of November". However, when Rafe "gets all of the goods", Meredith returns to town, and something happens to Rafe where he cannot tell Sami. Meredith is a "completely loose cannon".

Not looking forward to Rachel Kimsey returning, but whatever, at least the reveal will be out. I'm assuming the "bomb blow[ing]" means everything's out, so Meredith must return before end of October/beginning of November. Or maybe I just don't speak Corday.

Quote:

No surprises here. Well, at least I'll be glad to see Carly, hopefully anyway.

Quote:

Chloe/Daniel/Kate: "Chloe wakes up, finally." Daniel proposes to Chloe, and they reunite, though Victor tries to stop it. "They will overcome the odds and cut to: happy couple." However, Kate has attempted murder, so she goes to Stefano for help. Will Stefano "rig the jury" to gain her acquittal?

Well . . . I guess the Kate/Stefano stuff sounds interesting and at least Lucas and Chloe are over, that's the good news.

Quote:

Will/Mia/Chad: Mia tells Will that she had a baby. "It's a bump in the road in their relationship", but what will Chad do when he finds out?

Wow, don't care.

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan: Stephanie finds out that Melanie and Philip made love. "It's a very embarrassing time for both Philip and Melanie." Melanie tries to explain things to Stephanie, but she's not interested. She breaks up with Philip, because she's been tricked too many times. "Nathan and Melanie will bond after they're arrested for helping Daniel." One of them must move out of Maggie's house.

Every mention of Phelony sex nauseates me, but at least there's no mention here like there was in SOW of Philip and Nathan "competing" for Melanie.

Quote:

Arianna/Brady: "Victor is on to what Arianna is up to." However, Victor and the viewers don't know that Arianna has a "surprising" connection to someone else in Salem. Victor blackmails Arianna which upsets her greatly.

I think the viewers have been guessing that Arianna has some other connection, lol. I hope the surprise is also interesting, but then, I'm the optimistic type.

Thanks for posting, Ellie! Nothing too provocative from Corday this time!

oldschoolfan

I would love it if Maggie was Arianna's other connection.

angmc
Member Avatar

I love how Corday says so little but speaks so much. Where are DH and co. when these interviews are done??

Thanks for posting Ellie!
Edited by angmc, Aug 26 2009, 11:20 AM.

Tori

What about Lucas? Is Lucas' rehab story off screen or does it just not warrant a mention? UGH!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thanks for these. some of them sound good and the others I could careless about.

The Bo/Hope/Justin/Carly one definitely has my interest.

Edited by Mirage75, Aug 26 2009, 11:28 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

I think Corday was pretty vague and is trying to keep interest while saving some surprises. I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I didn't comment on the SOW Fall previews because they were vague and not worth it. I always prefer SOD because they are a little more focused and give you a bit more. I'm happy that Corday was rather vague about things but provided enough to make people want to watch. They really are keeping information about the returns under wraps.

Quote:

I figured Rafe would disappear after learning the WHOLE truth. I just thought that Stefano would have him kidnapped but I prefer this since the whole Meredith thing has to be dealt with. I know some will say Meredith is another "villain of the week" but she is tied into Rafe's past so she was needed. I just cringe thinking about Rachel Kimsey playing a psycho because her acting was not very good as Meredith. I always felt the baby switch should reach it's explosive climax in November and it sounds like that happens. I'm glad.

Quote:

I'm beginning to think that the show changed it's plans and replaced Daniel in this story with Justin. Corday said back in a June interview that Daniel would be involved with Bo, Hope, and Carly and that Justin was going to be simply a "talk to." Sounds to me like that has changed. I like it though because Justin and Hope look great together and it's not forced. There is history there. Can't wait for Carly.

Quote:

Good to see it's true that Kate becomes involved with Stefano again. That should be good. My guess is that the marriage proposal is revisited and that Stefano will force her to marry him for his help or something like that. Glad Kate at least doesn't get off the hook so easily. Glad we will see Chloe and Daniel together. I know I'm in the minority on this board but I like them and it will be nice to see what they are like as a happy couple that isn't merely lusting after each other. I do have to wonder if we will even get the chance to see them happy. Nadia's contract is up in November so I can see them riding off into the sunset now that it seems Daniel is not moving into the Hope/Bo/Carly stuff. I've always felt the plan was for at least someone from this story to leave at the end of it. I hate that there is no mention of Lucas but, then again, they mentioned him in SOW's previews. I still have this feeling him going off to rehab maybe an exit for him but we'll see.

Quote:

This should be good. I could care less about the triangle but I can't wait to see how the truth about the baby plays here. It should add some spark to the dynamic between all three.

Quote:

Why must one move out of Maggie's house? I don't really get that but whatever. Guess it allows for one of them to get it in with Philip or Stephanie behind the other's back. I like this quad though so I look forward to all this. I like Philip and Stephanie but I hope this breakup lasts a significant amount of time like the last one should've. I know they are technically not together and are moving slow but I feel they should've dragged that out longer. Nonetheless, excited about this.

Quote:

I'm going to guess and say she is connected to Roman or Abe since it seems she could be undercover. We'll see. It would be shocking as hell if she ends up tied to Lawrence or Stefano. That would be cool. One thing I like is that with Lindsey Hartley in the role it seems we will be seeing her mix it up with Victor and Lindsey always worked well with the older, veteran actors on Passions. She was always fierce in those scenes so she and John Aniston should be great together. Look forward to this.

All in all, not too bad. I like the vagueness and it looks like things will really get good as we move through September. I do also like how Corday basically admitted the summer was rather slow but his "simmer" comment LOL.

MrsDimera

Quote:

Right off a cliff, imho.

Quote:

This does sound interesting. Isn't Justin still married to Adrienne? Even though I do like Bo/Hope together they seem to have better drama apart. I can't wait for Carly's return!!!

Quote:

I hope Chloe/Daniel ride into the sunset like Carrie/Mike. As for Kate and Stefano, am I supposed to forget not that long ago she was beyond pissed at Stefano for putting a hit on Phillip?

Quote:

Who cares?

Quote:

Stephanie needs to go live with her parents. She's so irritating. Why would Nathan or Melanie have to move out? Sounds interesting.

Quote:

Let me guess, is she one of Kate's long lost daughters?

Thanks, Ellie!

Mason
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Aug 26 2009, 11:44 AM
As for Kate and Stefano, am I supposed to forget not that long ago she was beyond pissed at Stefano for putting a hit on Phillip?
Why not? Apparently, Kate has. :hmmph:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Aug 26 2009, 11:45 AM
MrsDimera
Aug 26 2009, 11:44 AM
As for Kate and Stefano, am I supposed to forget not that long ago she was beyond pissed at Stefano for putting a hit on Phillip?
Why not? Apparently, Kate has. :hmmph:
It doesn't mean she forgot. They aren't going to spoil that here. I'm sure it will be addressed but Kate is worried about saving her own ass. If Stefano is the best option, then so be it. It's not like she hasn't put aside shit like that before and Kate can relate to Stefano in that she's done things just as bad and had Victor and her children put all that aside.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Hope is so freaking predictable. Not interested. What a waste of Justin. And Carly.

Daniel and Chloe ... so does "cut to happy couple" mean that they get to sail off into the sunset? Pretty Please with self-tanner on top??

Couldn't care less about Mia/Chad/Will ... which bumms me out because I had such high hopes for Will's return. I really should know better by now.

Stephanie can leave town now. Seems like a good time to go visit mom and papa.

I'm looking forward to Ari's performances in the reveal, but that's about it. I still couldn't care less about Rafe, Meredith, the secret, Arianna, her secert ... none of it. Just don't care.

Where's Lucas? Where's Vivian? Lawrence?
Seems like there is a lot missing here, and what is here is a lot of who-gives-a-shit. Or maybe I'm just jaded.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks
Hmm,,Bope,Carly and Justin interested
Ej/Sami/Nicole interested
Will/Mia/Chad slightly interested
Kate/Stefano/Danloe interested
NOT interested RAFE<ARIANNA...Nathan,Stefanie.Phil.,Melanie in fact,with the exception of Phillip..I do not care about any of these...I do not give a damn about Rafe and his lameass secret,,nor his looney toons,would be sister in law..I just do not care...Brady..if anything should be with Nicole..EM has blazing chemistry with her.Hopefully when Ari returns we will get it.Sorry I do not buy Ethan/Theresa.2.0 oh and I bet Arianna is probably Stefano's daughter..PUKE,,and where IS Lucas??I am not a Lucas fan,by far,,but BD can act circles around GG...I guess its good to be buddies with the ep..huh?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Hope leaves Bo,well theres a shock,how many times has she done this same thing now?Bo deserves better.

lastDays
Member Avatar

All of this stuff sounds so predictable and boring as hell. Sure doesn't sound like a game changer as far as Days getting canned next March. A far as Danloe go,KC does sound like they are riding off into the sunset together since they are a "happy couple".NB's contract is up in November so thats probably when they leave.I will be sad to see Shawn Christian go,but I never did care for the way Days made use of him.I know he will land a job somewhere else quickly :cheers:

Tori

Has anyone heard the rumor that Chad may turn out to be Stefano's son or perhaps even EJ's son?

Harmony233

aimees76
Aug 26 2009, 11:51 AM
Hope is so freaking predictable. Not interested. What a waste of Justin. And Carly.

Daniel and Chloe ... so does "cut to happy couple" mean that they get to sail off into the sunset? Pretty Please with self-tanner on top??

Couldn't care less about Mia/Chad/Will ... which bumms me out because I had such high hopes for Will's return. I really should know better by now.

Stephanie can leave town now. Seems like a good time to go visit mom and papa.

I'm looking forward to Ari's performances in the reveal, but that's about it. I still couldn't care less about Rafe, Meredith, the secret, Arianna, her secert ... none of it. Just don't care.

Where's Lucas? Where's Vivian? Lawrence?
Seems like there is a lot missing here, and what is here is a lot of who-gives-a-shit. Or maybe I'm just jaded.
I'm wondering where Lawrence is too.I wonder if MS return is just short term and we see what happened between Carly and Lawrence in flashbacks.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I think these actually sound pretty good..Obivously we know big stuff is coming up...I would much rather see Justin comfort Hope, than Daniel...

shawndbrady1981

wha about vivians return what everyone is waiting forb ring the viewers in with news on her return..uggg.now that lindsay hartley is arianna..i bet scenes with her and victor (or anyone for that matter) are gonna be soooo good...my fav character on the show is now arianna with lindsay as the role...cant wait for carly too..
am i the only one sensing a JOPE PAIRING..(JUSTIN AND HOPE) PLEEEEEEASE LET THAT BE

HOW BOUT WHEN STEFANO HELPS KATE AND THE JURY HE PUTS CHIPS IN THERE BRAIN LIKE VIVIAN TO CONTROL THE VERDICT LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply