Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Fall Preview (Corday interview); September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 10:59 AM (9,158 Views)
shawndbrady1981

shawndbrady1981
Aug 26 2009, 12:31 PM
Has anyone heard the rumor that Chad may turn out to be Stefano's son or perhaps even EJ's son?

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HE COULD BE EJ'S SON.EJ SHOULD ONLY BE 11 YEARS OLD..SINCE SUSAN GAVE BIRTH IN THE MID 90'S (97 I THINK IT WAS) I THINK HES JUSTINS SON...DIDNT THEY MENTION THAT BEFORE...IF HE WAS A DIMERA THEN THAT MEANS A DIMERA BABY DIED AFTER ALL...UGH OH FOR NICOLE..AND ALSO SHE WOULDVE TRADED THE BABY FOR NOTHING AFTER ALL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Things are ramping up from a simmer to a slow burn. By the time we get to the end of September, boy is the pot going to be boiling over," says Ken Corday. "Too many things happen at one time. You can't miss a day."

Sigh... :shame:

Quote:

Rafe/Sami/Nicole/EJ: Corday says this is "the story that drives the show": Rafe begins to figure out things about whose baby Sydney is. "That lights the fuse and the bomb will blow up once we get to the end of October/beginning of November". However, when Rafe "gets all of the goods", Meredith returns to town, and something happens to Rafe where he cannot tell Sami. Meredith is a "completely loose cannon".

I can't wait for this storyline to be over. It's good to see the writers didn't just forget about Meredith. I'm glad she'll be back. At least she was interested, and made me start to like Rafe and Sami as a couple. I predict that Rafe is going to find out the truth about the baby switch, but Meredith is going to do something to him, probably lure him to Stefano, who will lock him up for a few months until Arianne Zucker returs from her maternity leave.

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Justin/Carly: "The fallout of the kidnapping is big." Hope turns to Justin and "leans on him" while things deteriorate between Bo and Hope. Hope leaves Bo, bringing Ciara with her. Justin doesn't want to get in the way of Bo and Hope's marriage, "but he is a friend". "And then Carly returns to town."

I'm all for a Justin and Hope pairing. Bo and Hope need a break. And Justin is no Patrick Lockhart, so it works. There is at least history there and the family connection to Bo. It adds great conflict. I am so excited for Carly's return.

Quote:

Chloe/Daniel/Kate: "Chloe wakes up, finally." Daniel proposes to Chloe, and they reunite, though Victor tries to stop it. "They will overcome the odds and cut to: happy couple." However, Kate has attempted murder, so she goes to Stefano for help. Will Stefano "rig the jury" to gain her acquittal?

And Lucas is just left out in the cold, like he never had any part in this storyline. Oh, that's right, he didn't! UGH! The only thing that makes this story sound like something I would watch through is Victor's involvement.

Quote:

Will/Mia/Chad: Mia tells Will that she had a baby. "It's a bump in the road in their relationship", but what will Chad do when he finds out?

I'm glad the truth is coming out. I'm rooting for Chad and Mia in the end.

Quote:

Philip/Stephanie/Melanie/Nathan: Stephanie finds out that Melanie and Philip made love. "It's a very embarrassing time for both Philip and Melanie." Melanie tries to explain things to Stephanie, but she's not interested. She breaks up with Philip, because she's been tricked too many times. "Nathan and Melanie will bond after they're arrested for helping Daniel." One of them must move out of Maggie's house.

Don't worry Philip and Stephanie fans. They'll be back together, engaged and ready to be married by November, only to break off the engagement and break up with each other by New Year's Eve. It's an endless cycle with these two.

Quote:

Arianna/Brady: "Victor is on to what Arianna is up to." However, Victor and the viewers don't know that Arianna has a "surprising" connection to someone else in Salem. Victor blackmails Arianna which upsets her greatly.

I can't wait to see Lindsey Hartley as Arianna.

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Aug 26 2009, 12:35 PM
Quote:

"Things are ramping up from a simmer to a slow burn. By the time we get to the end of September, boy is the pot going to be boiling over," says Ken Corday. "Too many things happen at one time. You can't miss a day."
Sigh... :shame:
lol, I laughed when I saw that quote. I think he alternates among these metaphors every few years.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What is the history between Justin and Hope? I thought she wasn't on the show during the time he was, except her brief return in 1990.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kate must be desperate if she's gonna seak help from a guy who tried to have her son murdered.

Kailyn

I am so glad that Bo and Hope seperate because Bo needs a mature woman to spend the rest of his life with not this little gamer he's married to..."when things don't go my way I'm taking my toys and going home"bye Hope don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out she deserves that snake in the grass Justin so she can look back and appreciate what she once had although she never does. lets see did all those marriages and reneweing of vows not say "for better or worse" I guess I was mistaken Hope's vows should read for MY better not worse.
well I for one am so excited for carly's return. I always like that Bo and Carly were much more connected then Bo and Hope in the sense that Bo needs a grown up relationship now and Carly porvided that before.

darraholic
Member Avatar

shawndbrady1981
Aug 26 2009, 12:34 PM
shawndbrady1981
Aug 26 2009, 12:31 PM
Has anyone heard the rumor that Chad may turn out to be Stefano's son or perhaps even EJ's son?

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HE COULD BE EJ'S SON.EJ SHOULD ONLY BE 11 YEARS OLD..SINCE SUSAN GAVE BIRTH IN THE MID 90'S (97 I THINK IT WAS) I THINK HES JUSTINS SON...DIDNT THEY MENTION THAT BEFORE...IF HE WAS A DIMERA THEN THAT MEANS A DIMERA BABY DIED AFTER ALL...UGH OH FOR NICOLE..AND ALSO SHE WOULDVE TRADED THE BABY FOR NOTHING AFTER ALL
Lol why ask a question when you'll answer it yourself.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The Bope stuff sucks. She is leaving and taking Ciara AGAIN?? I am ready for the baby switch stuff to come out!

Thanks, Ellie!

King
Member Avatar

I am not going to lie, I am really excited for this fall. :)

Days4Life

I think some of this sounds pretty good. I knew the Bo and Hope break-up was inevitable because it's a pattern for Hope to leave when she disagrees with the way Bo handles things, but unlike previous hook-ups (Franco, Patrick) I could get interested in a Justin/Hope match. They definitely have chemistry together, and I'd much prefer Justin in whatever the Bo/Carly/Hope storyline will be, rather than Daniel. He and Chloe need to ride off into the sunset together. Unfortunately for Bryan Datillo, I kind of get the impression he may be a goner, too. He's been completely marginalized, not even a player in the story of his wife's affair. Not a good sign for him.

I'm excited for the baby switch reveal. That could have all kinds of interesting fallout. Right now I'm kind of bored with Rafe's investigation since he doesn't seem to be discovering anything all that shocking, but it's hard to remember what we know that he doesn't know.

It's hard to come up with a reason why either Melanie or Nathan needs to leave Maggie's house since this is the same show that sent Lucas home from prison to live with the man he tried to murder, but this is DAYS so good sense always goes out the window!

Arianna--I'm looking forward to Lindsey Hartley taking over the role. I rarely watched PASSIONS, but whenever I did, she was definitely the highlight of the show for me. I'm assuming she's undercover, working with someone on the Salem PD, but maybe the show is going to take a chance and make her a bad girl. It will be interesting to see her with Victor. He's a strong, powerful character, but I think LH is an actress that can hold her own against him.

Harmony233

Kailyn
Aug 26 2009, 12:59 PM
I am so glad that Bo and Hope seperate because Bo needs a mature woman to spend the rest of his life with not this little gamer he's married to..."when things don't go my way I'm taking my toys and going home"bye Hope don't let the door hit ya in the arse on the way out she deserves that snake in the grass Justin so she can look back and appreciate what she once had although she never does. lets see did all those marriages and reneweing of vows not say "for better or worse" I guess I was mistaken Hope's vows should read for MY better not worse.
well I for one am so excited for carly's return. I always like that Bo and Carly were much more connected then Bo and Hope in the sense that Bo needs a grown up relationship now and Carly porvided that before.
I have always been pretty indiffernt to Hope I didn't love her.I didn't hate her.But I didn't start watching until 91 so I didn't see the classic Hope years.But shes really annoying me.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

OMG is Terry back? :ermmmm: LOL

Quote:

"And then Carly returns to town."

That's it? That's the preview for Carly's return?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Days4Life
Aug 26 2009, 01:59 PM
I think some of this sounds pretty good. I knew the Bo and Hope break-up was inevitable because it's a pattern for Hope to leave when she disagrees with the way Bo handles things, but unlike previous hook-ups (Franco, Patrick) I could get interested in a Justin/Hope match. They definitely have chemistry together, and I'd much prefer Justin in whatever the Bo/Carly/Hope storyline will be, rather than Daniel.
I completely agree with this. I had been dreading a Hope/Daniel potential hookup, but I'm already seeing nice chemistry between Hope and Justin and if we just have to have a quad, this one isn't so bad.

Ellie

downwhtone
Aug 26 2009, 02:16 PM
OMG is Terry back? :ermmmm:
Close! The quote's from Ken Corday. :smile:

downwhtone
Member Avatar

^That's not what I meant, but LMAO!!!!!!!! That was a good one!

Ellie

downwhtone
Aug 26 2009, 02:50 PM
^That's not what I meant, but LMAO!!!!!!!! That was a good one!
Haha thanks. Sometimes when I read these interviews, it's just... let's say I need another coffee.

angmc
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 02:29 PM
downwhtone
Aug 26 2009, 02:16 PM
OMG is Terry back? :ermmmm:
Close! The quote's from Ken Corday. :smile:

:lol: Well Terry has said they are friends. Maybe Corday lets him do these interviews while he's on the golf course.

jane1978

Interesting preview. Things are definitely picking up and there is a lot of unexpecting twists. I never expected Meredith to return. And Arianna being related to someone in Salem is surprising as well. I really want to know who it is.

I think the someone who will have to leave Maggie´s house is Mel, simply because she wil disappoint her, first with the sextape and motel sex with Phillip and next with involving Nathan in helping Chloe. I think Maggie will see her as the bad influence and ask her to move out.

The Bope story is predictable but it´s hard to create something new. It just shows how it´s good there is only one supercouple anymore. I wouldn´t rule Daniel out yet either because the previews are for the story up to Carly´s arrival. CC confirmed there will be no Carly/Bo revisiting anytime soon and I read a rumor she and Daniel supposedly have a common past.

Kate and Stefano sounds interesting and logical, beside Victor he is the only one who has enough power to save her from prison. Nice there is no temporary insanity or another pilk addiction out for her.

Seems Chad will be involved much more than I thought which is good because Casey is the strongest actor from the teen group. I like Mia but she really needs to show a little more energy. Sometime she is so melancholic.

Maybe we will have a big Daniel/Chloe wedding in November? With the newlyweds leaving short time after? Either that, or Carly´s arrival will quickly change things. And maybe he will finally have that affair with Lexie. He is a horndog and I think the writers like thim that way. Maybe he could get involved with Stephanie?

sungrey

Sindacco
Aug 26 2009, 12:41 PM
What is the history between Justin and Hope? I thought she wasn't on the show during the time he was, except her brief return in 1990.
That was my question exactly. Hope and Bo left the show in April 1987 and Justin came on around that time, if not a little earlier. There is NO history between Justin and Hope. The families, yes. And that could be what creates the conflict.

I'll look forward to the story, although I can't help but think another "The Plan to Save Days" article is coming when the hardcore Bope fans revolt. :D

MrsDimera

Quote:

Maybe we will have a big Daniel/Chloe wedding in November? With the newlyweds leaving short time after? Either that, or Carly´s arrival will quickly change things. And maybe he will finally have that affair with Lexie. He is a horndog and I think the writers like thim that way. Maybe he could get involved with Stephanie?

No, thank you. We don't need another Dan/Chelsea part 2. Once was more than enough for me. :puke:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply