Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Fall Preview (Corday interview); September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 10:59 AM (9,066 Views)
MrsDimera

Quote:

I totally agree!! Maybe they will change their mind and see what happens with Hope/ Justin. If they are going to put her with someone else, I just want it to be someone decent...not a thug.

And not Daniel. :hail:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kailyn

fancyface78
Aug 26 2009, 08:30 PM
Kailyn
Aug 26 2009, 08:28 PM
fancyface78
Aug 26 2009, 08:15 PM
They are probably too worried that Justin may actually pose a threat to Bo. That's why they have always paired Hope up with losers like Franco and Patrick...criminals. God forbid they ever let Hope have interest from decent, non-criminals. It would be great to see Justin/Hope if they are so intent on splitting up Bo and Hope. But from what Corday has said, it sounds like Bo will be in the middle.
I agree this could be such an intersting relationship Bo and Hope have pretty much grown stale so I for one would welcome a Hope Justin pairing.if the days big wigs would be brave enough to step out of the box and do a ittle something on the edge maybe the show would be fun to watch.
I totally agree!! Maybe they will change their mind and see what happens with Hope/ Justin. If they are going to put her with someone else, I just want it to be someone decent...not a thug.
why is that Hope always gets thug weirdos and Bo gets his ex wives that always come back looking great lol. I am so teird of Bo and Hope for now so lets hope they spice things up for Hope this time. give Bo something to really worry about and not have any dirt on. but Justin is acting sort of suspcious so not sure that he's going to on the up and up.bummer

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Aug 26 2009, 08:46 PM
fancyface78
Kailyn

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
why is that Hope always gets thug weirdos and Bo gets his ex wives that always come back looking great lol. I am so teird of Bo and Hope for now so lets hope they spice things up for Hope this time. give Bo something to really worry about and not have any dirt on. but Justin is acting sort of suspcious so not sure that he's going to on the up and up.bummer
Oh without a doubt, if the Justin/Hope pairing takes off you can bet they'll make him a bad guy just so Bo can be the hero!!!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Kailyn
fancyface78
Aug 26 2009, 08:15 PM
They are probably too worried that Justin may actually pose a threat to Bo. That's why they have always paired Hope up with losers like Franco and Patrick...criminals. God forbid they ever let Hope have interest from decent, non-criminals. It would be great to see Justin/Hope if they are so intent on splitting up Bo and Hope. But from what Corday has said, it sounds like Bo will be in the middle.
I agree this could be such an intersting relationship Bo and Hope have pretty much grown stale so I for one would welcome a Hope Justin pairing.if the days big wigs would be brave enough to step out of the box and do a ittle something on the edge maybe the show would be fun to watch.
ITA with you guys. I wouldn't mind them giving Justin/Hope a chance. I think they would be interesting to see. And Wally and Kristian have some pretty good chemistry going on. I hope TPTB will change their minds and got this route for a little while. :)

Mirage75
Member Avatar

fancyface78
Aug 26 2009, 08:48 PM
Kailyn
fancyface78

Oh without a doubt, if the Justin/Hope pairing takes off you can bet they'll make him a bad guy just so Bo can be the hero!!!
As a Justin fan, that would be my biggest fear about it all. Don't get me wrong, I adore Bo, but I don't want my Justin ruined for Bo to be the hero.

They can go the Justin/Hope route for some angst for Bo/Hope and Justin/Adrienne(if she ever comes back). In the end the two supercouples can be reunited again. For now, I just want to see Justin in a story with some romance in it.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Aug 26 2009, 08:56 PM
fancyface78
Kailyn

As a Justin fan, that would be my biggest fear about it all. Don't get me wrong, I adore Bo, but I don't want my Justin ruined for Bo to be the hero.

They can go the Justin/Hope route for some angst for Bo/Hope and Justin/Adrienne(if she ever comes back). In the end the two supercouples can be reunited again. For now, I just want to see Justin in a story with some romance in it.

I totally agree. I love Bo as well and I wouldn't mind for him to have a little competition. I get tired of seeing all of Bo's past women come back on the canvas and see Hope get all insecure and Bo confused about his feelings. Its time for a change!!

Ellie

KathyRon
Aug 26 2009, 06:23 PM
Well, the word from the DC Podcast is that Justin is NOT going to be romantically involved with Hope! Justing is reportedly involved in another story, and this so called "quad" is just about creating a bigger story for Bope! I'm starting to think that the "quad" just might be Justin & Carly! :sheep: Even Crystal just tweeted that this story is about creating some angst for all the Bo & Hope fans! Sorry to all those anti Bope and Hope non-fans! :whistle:

I just listened to the podcast and didn't hear anything like that. Also, I highly doubt that if DC had access to an exclusive Days spoiler like that, they'd hide it in the middle of a podcast. They were discussing and speculating on the stories just as we do here.

However if you are talking about a podcast other than the Wally Kurth one (the one I just listened to), or if I missed something, feel free to post the link or the quote here! :)

Kailyn

Mirage75
Aug 26 2009, 08:56 PM
fancyface78
Kailyn

unfortunltly the writers are too chicken to chance that Hope could have another man besides Bo. so they always have to end up making them a bad guy and Bo be Hope's hero. but yet we can have Billie stick around and they never make her the bad guy. days is too afaid to step out and be creative they stay with whats safe and it just continues to grow stale.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 09:01 PM
KathyRon
Aug 26 2009, 06:23 PM
Well, the word from the DC Podcast is that Justin is NOT going to be romantically involved with Hope! Justing is reportedly involved in another story, and this so called "quad" is just about creating a bigger story for Bope! I'm starting to think that the "quad" just might be Justin & Carly! :sheep: Even Crystal just tweeted that this story is about creating some angst for all the Bo & Hope fans! Sorry to all those anti Bope and Hope non-fans! :whistle:

I just listened to the podcast and didn't hear anything like that. Also, I highly doubt that if DC had access to an exclusive Days spoiler like that, they'd hide it in the middle of a podcast. They were discussing and speculating on the stories just as we do here.

However if you are talking about a podcast other than the Wally Kurth one (the one I just listened to), or if I missed something, feel free to post the link or the quote here! :)

Did Wally say anything about Carly coming in to save Bo and Hope's marriage or was that from another interview?
Edited by fancyface78, Aug 26 2009, 09:15 PM.

Ellie

fancyface78
Aug 26 2009, 09:15 PM
Did Wally say anything about Carly coming in to save Bo and Hope's marriage or was that from another interview?
Hi, the DC podcast wasn't an interview with Wally; it was just the DC people discussing his return to Days.

Dr. Chip

Why does Corday love to use these metaphors?

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 10:01 PM
fancyface78
Aug 26 2009, 09:15 PM
Hi, the DC podcast wasn't an interview with Wally; it was just the DC people discussing his return to Days.
Ok cool, thanks!

Mason

Dr. Chip
Aug 26 2009, 06:36 PM
I don't buy the Justin/Hope stuff. Justin was never this chummy with Bo and Hope back in the day; they didn't get along all that well, because Justin was a Kiriakis and Bo and Hope didn't want to be.
It doesn't really bother me because, when Adrienne was back in Salem in 2007-2008, supposedly Justin was there with her - we just never saw him. So, theoretically, Bo/Hope/Justin/Adrienne could have spent time together offscreen, perhaps with Steve and Kayla.
Edited by Mason, Aug 26 2009, 10:57 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

I can go for the story as long as it's three tortured souls and no real bad guy in the mix. The minute you change Justin and make him more villainous, the story fails because Justin has never been a villain. That would force me to send an "oh sweetheart, get me rewrite!" e-mail to NBC.

As long as the end game is Bo and Hope, put them through some conflict! Losing Zack was supposed to be a well-done story, but when it turned into her boinking Patrick it lost a lot of steam. On that I blame the writing. Let's see what happens here.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Aug 26 2009, 10:57 PM
Dr. Chip
I don't buy the Justin/Hope stuff. Justin was never this chummy with Bo and Hope back in the day; they didn't get along all that well, because Justin was a Kiriakis and Bo and Hope didn't want to be.
It doesn't really bother me because, when Adrienne was back in Salem in 2007-2008, supposedly Justin was there with her - we just never saw him. So, theoretically, Bo/Hope/Justin/Adrienne could have spent time together offscreen, perhaps with Steve and Kayla.
Exactly. Plus, Justin was a changed man when he left Salem with Adrienne in 1991. Bo was still around then and there didn't seem to be as many issues as there was between Bo and Justin when he first arrived. It's been years and they could've seen each other offscreen (like Kate seems to have since she knows Justin).

Besides, Bo and Justin don't seem very chummy this time around. They are civil with each other but the tension is already making itself known again. We saw this during the disagreement over the ransom and when Bo caught Justin holding Hope. Justin does seem to have something going on. They hinted at problems with Adrienne but he is being shifty and he did hang around Bo and Hope an awful lot. Maybe he is back to his womanizing ways and has set his sights on Hope or maybe he never intended to and finds himself attracted to her all while he has issues with Adrienne. Lots of angles here.

I agree with sungrey. They need to avoid making Justin a bad guy. He can have an edge like he has in the past though. They should go about this the way Jack/Jennifer/Frankie was in the stories final few months. There was no bad guy in that triangle. Of course, we knew J&J were endgame but Frankie was still a good guy and we need that here too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
And now Victor is blackmailing Arianna about the drugs in Salem? Funny, since Victor brought drugs to Salem when he first arrived back in 1985.
It has nothing to do with Victor but everything to do with Brady, who is a recovering addict. It originates with Victor not trusting her and then he learns about her and doesn't want Brady to be hurt or badly influenced.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I haven't watched but maybe one episode this month since I can't help watching OLTL instead of DAYS during that hour, but I thought Vivian was supposed to join the scene this fall? In the back of my mind I've been thinking I'll get back into DAYS when Carly returns, but aside from the Bope drama this just sounds like a whole bunch of filler for the next couple months to me.

And I *hate* that the preview EJ/Nicole/Sami/Rafe story is all about RAFE. As if there could be any legitimate reason this douchebag should not tell Sami the truth. Oh and I bet the whole story will be about how poor old Rafe is so conflicted and tormented at not being able to make Sami happy with that news. :rolleyes: Way to get me not to tune in, Corday.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I can't wait to see Theresa vs. Alistair. And I wonder what's going to happen to Luis that takes him out- if Chloe wakes up they'll have an open hospital bed, right? Coma!

Hope Theresa is connected to EJ somehow. Don't know why I think that would be interesting, but I do.

Hope/Justin/Bo/Carly sounds...bad. I understand the vagueness (it's a tease and, y'know, they're probably still writing the story, picking from message board suggestions as desired) but it also seems to be something they're seriously banking on to increase the audience. I don't see how you can do that without a bit more actual information. Some of us are curious yet beyond the point where we can just trust that it'll all be cool.

Best part is that it seems like it's time for Chloe/Daniel to disappear. They're so distant from everything else going on and there's no hint that they'll be integrated, sort of like Max/Chelsea were before they left.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

px780
Aug 27 2009, 01:59 AM
I can't wait to see Theresa vs. Alistair. And I wonder what's going to happen to Luis that takes him out- if Chloe wakes up they'll have an open hospital bed, right? Coma!
LOL at Alistair.

Who's their Gwen? Too bad Ari's going on maternity leave.

Nicole Walker

I'm still wondering how this baby story is about Rafe. I mean EJ/Sami/Nicole will be the main ones affected and the story is more about Rafe than anybody. How the hell did that happen? LOL. Anyways, I think before Rafe can tell Sami the truth, crazy azz Meredith will probably lock him up so Sami won't probably know the truth about Sydney until Rafe is found.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply