Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Fall Preview (Corday interview); September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 10:59 AM (9,236 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Aug 27 2009, 02:05 AM
px780
Aug 27 2009, 01:59 AM
I can't wait to see Theresa vs. Alistair. And I wonder what's going to happen to Luis that takes him out- if Chloe wakes up they'll have an open hospital bed, right? Coma!
LOL at Alistair.

Who's their Gwen? Too bad Ari's going on maternity leave.

Liza Huber may be available to sub for Ari. Can't you hear the soapy announcer as she enters the frame: "the role of Nicole is being portrayed by Liza Huber.":)

GWEN AND THERESA REDUX, BABY!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Dammit, i wanted the baby switch to end sooner. Its freaking awful.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrsDimera

Dragonish1
Aug 27 2009, 05:43 AM
I agree, the sooner, the better. But they're gonna milk this story to death and shove Rafe down our throats every second they can get. Because with no Safe and no baby switch story, they don't know what to do with Rafe.

Tori

MrsDimera
Aug 27 2009, 07:11 AM
Dragonish1
I agree, the sooner, the better. But they're gonna milk this story to death and shove Rafe down our throats every second they can get. Because with no Safe and no baby switch story, they don't know what to do with Rafe.
Not a Rafe fan, not a Safe fan and I hate that Days is leading with Passion People - the PP's are not my cup of tea!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Aug 27 2009, 07:11 AM
Dragonish1
I have a good idea,,send him away..far,far away.I too would like to know,how this baby switch became about the robot??It should be Ej/Sami/Nicole/Mia/Chad and possibly Brady,cause he knows about the miscarriage//bringin that bore,into it,takes away ALL excitement for me,and I would warrant to guess,many others,sufferin through this shit.I do not care about him,,nor will I EVER

Dr. Chip

PhoenixRising05
Aug 27 2009, 01:25 AM
Dr. Chip
Aug 26 2009, 06:36 PM
And now Victor is blackmailing Arianna about the drugs in Salem? Funny, since Victor brought drugs to Salem when he first arrived back in 1985.
It has nothing to do with Victor but everything to do with Brady, who is a recovering addict. It originates with Victor not trusting her and then he learns about her and doesn't want Brady to be hurt or badly influenced.
It's still ironic.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
I can't wait to see Theresa vs. Alistair. And I wonder what's going to happen to Luis that takes him out- if Chloe wakes up they'll have an open hospital bed, right? Coma!

Hope Theresa is connected to EJ somehow. Don't know why I think that would be interesting, but I do.

Hope/Justin/Bo/Carly sounds...bad. I understand the vagueness (it's a tease and, y'know, they're probably still writing the story, picking from message board suggestions as desired) but it also seems to be something they're seriously banking on to increase the audience. I don't see how you can do that without a bit more actual information. Some of us are curious yet beyond the point where we can just trust that it'll all be cool.

Best part is that it seems like it's time for Chloe/Daniel to disappear. They're so distant from everything else going on and there's no hint that they'll be integrated, sort of like Max/Chelsea were before they left.
LOL to Alistair.

Seriously, though, people complain when the show gives out too much. Why watch if they give out enough details to basically tell us the way the returns come about? There is no fun in that. This is the way your supposed to do them. People know Carly and Vivian are coming back. Corday already said they both get huge entrances. It's clear there is going to be an element of shock here so to just come out and spoil the details in an article like this (which has always been intended to be merely an overview of what we are getting anyway only Corday always spilled details because he thought it helped the audience to tune in, which it didn't because they knew too much beforehand). We already know they shot promos and interviews for Carly's return. There will no doubt be countless magazine articles about it. We will still have some more details to come beforehand but to spill them now would be dumb so points to Days here. As for still writing the story, considering CC is already taping and has been for more then a week, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case since Corday (who I know lies but still) said the story was being written back in June when he did an SOD interview back then and CC seems to have an idea of what the story is because she's hinted in her tweets. Days is better planned under Tomlin so they aren't just flailing about in the writing department.

As for the baby switch, it's not all about Rafe but Rafe/Sami is a component of it. Rafe is simply the vehicle by which alot of it comes out. Once the shit hits the fan, the focus will primarily be on EJ, Sami, and Nicole.

esp13
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 27 2009, 01:25 AM
Dr. Chip
Aug 26 2009, 06:36 PM
And now Victor is blackmailing Arianna about the drugs in Salem? Funny, since Victor brought drugs to Salem when he first arrived back in 1985.
It has nothing to do with Victor but everything to do with Brady, who is a recovering addict. It originates with Victor not trusting her and then he learns about her and doesn't want Brady to be hurt or badly influenced.
It has everything to do with Victor in a couple of ways. First, it shows that they have returned Victor to his roots, rather than the softened up version who didn't do anything really "bad." Second, I find it highly ironic that Victor kidnapped his grandson to get him into rehab while also being the head of a drug cartel. I don't think it's that Victor doesn't want Brady to "badly influenced" as much as he doesn't want his recovering addict grandson to learn that Victor is peddling drugs.

Dr. Chip

Wouldn't that be something if Victor were the "big boss" Arianna wants to meet? I don't want Victor to be that bad.

We've been told that Arianna will have a surprising connection to someone in Salem. Any chance that Mr. Big could be Lawrence Alamain?

mirabella

Dr. Chip
Aug 27 2009, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't that be something if Victor were the "big boss" Arianna wants to meet? I don't want Victor to be that bad.

We've been told that Arianna will have a surprising connection to someone in Salem. Any chance that Mr. Big could be Lawrence Alamain?
You are correct about Victor being the "big drug boss". Here is a spoiler about that for next week from SoapOperaSource.
http://www.soapoperasource.com/days/spoilers/days-spoilers-week-of-august-31.html

Victor catches Brady & Arianna about to make love before the two slip off into his room. Arianna is then pleased to have landed a meeting with the head of the drug cartel. When she arrives, we find out that man is Victor, who ducks out of the meeting unsure of what to do next. Later, when he comes upon her and Brady he invites her over for dinner wanting to learn more.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, I actually really like that it's Victor. I would have liked it even better if it was Lawrence, but oh well.

angelatil
Member Avatar

Ok the previews don't really interest me at all. The only one maybe I will watch is Bope storyline. I don't understand why they are going for the Nathan and Melanie pairing...so...yucky. Nathan to me looks like a little boy dressing up to play doctor. Philip and Melanie have wayyyyyyyyyy more chemistry and their love scene was hot!! God...why Days?

Also...why do Melanie and Nathan get arrested for helping Daniel??? I haven't watched the show a whole lot lately but do Nathan and Melanie even know Daniel that well??? To me that makes no sense whatsoever. If it was Philip and Melanie helping that would make more sense since Philip knows Daniel better and then Melanie is just along for the ride so to speak. But Nathan and Melanie helping make no sense to me....especially to the extent they get arrested. God I hope Daniel bails them out and gives them a big thank you!! Geeeeezzz

Ooooh and Daniel proposing to Chloe??? Um...isn't she still married?? So what all of a sudden she is getting divorced or annulment?? WTF???? I guess Nadia is leaving in November and I guess they will ride off into the sunset :( God...I hate this. I love Daniel but I HATE this storyline with Chloe...so utterly utterly ridiculous. I am praying praying praying that like something will stop them from walking down the aisle and Daniel stays and gets a better storyline. I just can't believe he is proposing....their whole freaking "relationship" is nothing but a fantasy!! Hell he could not even keep it his pants when she was in a coma!! Days is suuuuuchhhh a dumb*ss!!

I don't know why I even bother watching this show anymore...I really don't. They have done nothing but disappoint this past year and this is not even the Days I grew up watching. So so so so sad Corday let his show gets this way. And I am sorry but staying in third place?? Honestly, I would not be surprised one bit if someone was sleeping with someone to get higher ratings. What a joke this soap has become!! :(
Edited by angelatil, Aug 27 2009, 10:24 PM.

Kailyn

the thing is they always make the fall spoilers or summer spoilers or whatever spoilers sound much more interesting then they actually end up being. so I assume they bring Carly back with great intensions but they said the same thing when they bring back any old characters look at Kayla and Steve. they got a bum rap right from day one. so I really am not banking much on the return of any of these characters. if Carly comes back to mainly focus on reuniting Bo and Hope then whats the fun of that?. I think they get a bug up there bum to bring someone back and get so caught up in the fact that this person is available to come back then the scramble is on the find them a storyline and most of the time it appears that it's written on toilet paper from the previous day and handed to that actor the next morning and cross there fingers hoping they got something worth taping.lol. how has Days stayed on the air the last five years is beyond me.

FanODays

The Bo and Hope stuff is silly and a blatant repeat of the storyline surround Chelsea killing Zack only this time Hope turns to Justin and Bo, Carly AND they aren't killing Ciera.

Bo needs to tell Hope that if since she so easily finds ways to blame him for all of their misfortunes, then he's moving on instead of groveling to get her to forgive him.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 27 2009, 09:50 AM
px780

Hope Theresa is connected to EJ somehow. Don't know why I think that would be interesting, but I do.

Hope/Justin/Bo/Carly sounds...bad. I understand the vagueness (it's a tease and, y'know, they're probably still writing the story, picking from message board suggestions as desired) but it also seems to be something they're seriously banking on to increase the audience. I don't see how you can do that without a bit more actual information. Some of us are curious yet beyond the point where we can just trust that it'll all be cool.

Best part is that it seems like it's time for Chloe/Daniel to disappear. They're so distant from everything else going on and there's no hint that they'll be integrated, sort of like Max/Chelsea were before they left.
LOL to Alistair.

Seriously, though, people complain when the show gives out too much. Why watch if they give out enough details to basically tell us the way the returns come about? There is no fun in that. This is the way your supposed to do them. People know Carly and Vivian are coming back. Corday already said they both get huge entrances. It's clear there is going to be an element of shock here so to just come out and spoil the details in an article like this (which has always been intended to be merely an overview of what we are getting anyway only Corday always spilled details because he thought it helped the audience to tune in, which it didn't because they knew too much beforehand). We already know they shot promos and interviews for Carly's return. There will no doubt be countless magazine articles about it. We will still have some more details to come beforehand but to spill them now would be dumb so points to Days here. As for still writing the story, considering CC is already taping and has been for more then a week, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case since Corday (who I know lies but still) said the story was being written back in June when he did an SOD interview back then and CC seems to have an idea of what the story is because she's hinted in her tweets. Days is better planned under Tomlin so they aren't just flailing about in the writing department.

As for the baby switch, it's not all about Rafe but Rafe/Sami is a component of it. Rafe is simply the vehicle by which alot of it comes out. Once the shit hits the fan, the focus will primarily be on EJ, Sami, and Nicole.
I hope you are right about Rafe being out of this whole thing...I have had an assful,of that boring idiot.

Kailyn

FanODays
Aug 28 2009, 11:33 AM
The Bo and Hope stuff is silly and a blatant repeat of the storyline surround Chelsea killing Zack only this time Hope turns to Justin and Bo, Carly AND they aren't killing Ciera.

Bo needs to tell Hope that if since she so easily finds ways to blame him for all of their misfortunes, then he's moving on instead of groveling to get her to forgive him.
I for once would like to see Hope have to beg and grovel for a crumb of forgivness from Bo. shes a spoiled rotten brat and needs Bo to call her bluff and he move out on her with Ciarra. I think it would shock her of Bo actaully said "ya know what Hope until you can act like an adult and not a cry baby when things don't go your way I'm moving out and don't contact me for at least a week then maybe I will think about us." and then Carly comes to town and thats all Bo needs a real woman with an adult attitude.

shellybean77
Member Avatar

I think the Stefano/Kate involvement will be something like, Stefano having Kate help him in tormenting Sami if or when she discovers the truth about the babies, in exchange for helping Kate cover her butt in her crimes. I know it's the old Sami/Kate war we have had for years but in the the end it should direct Sami to the man she is supposed to be with, E.J., LUCAS, OR RAFE. Or maybe not.

tabiscola1

Danloe together again :dance: It's about time :cheer: . I am so hapy

lastDays
Member Avatar

tabiscola1
Aug 29 2009, 08:05 PM
Daloe are looking like the most normal couple on Days compared to the STD 3some Steph/Phillip/Melanie

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

lastDays
Aug 29 2009, 08:30 PM
tabiscola1
Aug 29 2009, 08:05 PM
Daloe are looking like the most normal couple on Days compared to the STD 3some Steph/Phillip/Melanie
Uh,WORD!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply