Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Dr. Baker dies; September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 11:32 AM (3,654 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with Joe Mascolo, Galen Gering and Ari Zucker.

Rafe finds Dr. Baker, dead, in the Dominican Republic; Dr. Baker has been strangled. Rafe gets knocked out by someone, and a rope is put in Rafe's hand so that it will seem that he has committed the murder. Sami finds him there, and Rafe realizes he's being framed. Sami and Rafe get rid of the evidence and leave, but Sami finds a business card with Dr. Baker's lawyer's name on it. She takes the business card with her.

Meanwhile, in Salem, "Nicole starts bugging Stefano about that sleazy worm and asks Stefano to be blunt," Joe Mascolo says. Stefano tells Nicole that he'd be happy to be blunt: he tells her Dr. Baker is dead. Stefano coordinated the entire plot. Mascolo says, "[Stefano] put the word out, and it was taken care of."

Nicole remembers that Dr. Baker's lawyer has a "tell-all letter" which details the baby switch, and the letter is going to be sent to the authorities if Dr. Baker dies. Stefano asks Nicole if she can find out who Dr. Baker's lawyer is. Mascolo says that "[Stefano] invites the lawyer to the DiMera mansion and does a little number on him." The lawyer gives the letter to Stefano, and Stefano gives the letter to Nicole. Stefano threatens the lawyer and offers to pay him off if the lawyer leaves town. Stefano and Nicole think everything's all set.

However, Stefano leaves the room and the lawyer tells Nicole that two more letters are also in existence. One has already been mailed to Mia, and the other to Sami. Ari Zucker says, "It never goes Nicole's way. Something always goes wrong."

Nicole goes to visit Sami so that she can try to get the letter before Sami does. Sami takes Sydney outside while Nicole waits inside and gets the mail. Nicole does get the letter, but then Rafe comes in.

Meanwhile, Lexie is worried about Stefano. Mascolo explains that Stefano is betraying his son, "which is to me the biggest sin of all". Mascolo says that Stefano goes along with it because "he wants to see his son happy", and he feels they have everything taken care of.

However, at the end of the week, Chad goes into Mia's room to read her diary, and he sees the letter she received...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Not sad at all to see the annoying walrus kick the bucket. If only they offed Rafe, as well.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 11:32 AM
Nicole goes to visit Sami so that she can try to get the letter before Sami does. Sami takes Sydney outside while Nicole waits inside and gets the mail. Nicole does get the letter, but then Rafe comes in.

ROFL. How contrived. And while in general I have nothing against new characters, I find it a bit eye-rolling that Chad will have such an apparently large role to play. Oh well, as I keep repeating to myself, who cares if it's stupid, as long as the switch is out eventually.

Thanks for posting, Ellie! This sounds like a complicated one to summarize, with three interviews and an, um, detailed plot. And aw, Dr. Baker, I'll miss ya!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

And the buildup to the big reveal begins.

I LOVE seeing Stefano back in form. I figured he would kill Baker but I just love the way it seems he admits to doing it. I also like how he seems to handle the lawyer.

I figured Baker would do something like sending out multiple letters. That seems like something he would. Mia's letter is what I believe will be the catalyst.

I also had no idea that Rafe would be framed for the murder and that Sami would be with him and involved. Nice twist there.

Things are heating up. I just wish Baker didn't have to die. I will miss him and his scenes with Nicole.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
Ineffable!

Poor Dr B, he was such a good addition to this cast, it's too bad they never gave him a chance beyond being the blackmailer. I'm disappointed in Stefano's deteriorating ability to take care of things properly but always love hearing from JM!

Rafe blowing the top off of the baby switch is the least dramatic and story wrecking device used yet. Talk about taking the wind out of the sails; this takes the slight breeze out of that stagnant storyline we've suffered for over a year.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Aug 26 2009, 11:39 AM
I LOVE seeing Stefano back in form. I figured he would kill Baker but I just love the way it seems he admits to doing it. I also like how he seems to handle the lawyer.
I didn't think it was worth its own thread, but Thaao had a chat last weekend and said that Joe M and he had talked and that Joe was very upset about how things were going at Days. They're probably taping a few weeks after what's in this article, but just thought it was interesting to note.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 11:43 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 26 2009, 11:39 AM
I didn't think it was worth its own thread, but Thaao had a chat last weekend and said that Joe M and he had talked and that Joe was very upset about how things were going at Days. They're probably taping a few weeks after what's in this article, but just thought it was interesting to note.

Eh. Joe is up and down. One minute he's upset, the next minute he loves things. He's always been that way.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

I knew Stefano would kill Baker. It was inevitable once he started the blackmail again. I hate to see JC go but at least he was there for a few laughs.

I almost choked over AZ saying "nothing ever goes right for Nicole". Huh? How 'bout everything since November? It is inconceivable that EJ DiMera would ever be dumb enough to have been fooled about so much for this long.

Manda1

I'm glad that Rafe and Sami are together again :wub: ...even if under murderous circumstances :tounge: And it makes sense to me for Chad to be involved in finding the truth as there would have been no real point to bringing his character on the show at all IMO. The Dimera's are still plotting murders....now there's as surprise. :sleep:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 26 2009, 11:38 AM
Not sad at all to see the annoying walrus kick the bucket. If only they offed Rafe, as well.
OMG,,I SO agree...someone do it!!Cannot stand him! :frustration:

MrsDimera

While I am gonna miss his and Ari's scenes together, I'll sacrifice him to move this story along.

Now, I see why they shipped the twins off to Marlena so early. So she could run off and be Rafe's hero. I wish she would have left him there. Being locked away in another country's prison is a good spot for him. On second thought, if that happened we would still be on pause with this story.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

:o NOOOOO! I LOVE Dr. Baker!

kitkat
Member Avatar

I am a Sami & Rafe fan, that is a fact.

But, I don't despise EJ to the point that I want him killed. I would like to see him with someone just not Sami, to me that relationship will always be doomed. He, however, has potential. But, not with Nicole, he needs someone that will love him enough to trust him with anything, attention my fellow fan members-- it could happen.

So I will never understand why fans of EJ & Sami, despise Rafe so much. Are they afraid that Rafe & Sami's love is too strong for EJ to fight? Don't they believe in their couple? And if they do, why not give new cast members a try.

Rafe is a very complicated man, with a secret past. Sorta like John, matter of fact, a lot like John. He is nice, loving, cunning, strong, fearless, & smart, which to the DiMeras makes him a force to be recogned with. I know what EJ & Sami fans maybe thinking :blah:, but I'm serious.

Rafe being framed for murder didn't see that coming, but once again it's Sami to the rescue, he's said it before she's his hero. :hail: I wonder if she'll ice his head for him, Nurse Nightingale to the rescue.

Stefano, I knew he was the killer. The man is a murderer, everybody needs to wake up and smell the coffee burning on the stove. Nicole you're so naughty, bad girl- bad girl, whatcha goin' do- whatcha goin' do when Rafe comes for you.

You don't have to love Safe to Love Rafe.
Edited by kitkat, Aug 27 2009, 12:26 AM.

MrsDimera

But that's the point, I utterly, totaly, and completely can not stand Rafe. He is as boring as you can get. I can't get invested in Safe because I fall asleep due to Rafe.

Taelyn

kitkat
Aug 27 2009, 12:15 AM

But, I don't despise EJ to the point that I want him killed. I would like to see him with someone just not Sami, to me that relationship will always be doomed. He, however, has potential. But, not with Nicole, he needs someone that will love him enough to trust him with anything, attention my fellow fan members-- it could happen.

So I will never understand why fans of EJ & Sami, despise Rafe so much. Are they afraid that Rafe & Sami's love is too strong for EJ to fight? Don't they believe in their couple? And if they do, why not give new cast members a try.

Rafe is a very complicated man, with a secret past. Sorta like John, matter of fact, a lot like John. He is nice, loving, cunning, strong, fearless, & smart, which to the DiMeras makes him a force to be recogned with. I know what EJ & Sami fans maybe thinking :blah:, but I'm serious.

Rafe being framed for murder didn't see that coming, but once again it's Sami to the rescue, he's said it before she's his hero. :hail: I wonder if she'll ice his head for him, Nurse Nightingale to the rescue.

Stefano, I knew he was the killer. The man is a murderer, everybody needs to wake up and smell the coffee burning on the stove. Nicole you're so naughty, bad girl- bad girl, whatcha goin' do- whatcha goin' do when Rafe comes for you.

Im right there with you... I love this coupe together, and Im excited about Sami helping Rafe, Its exactly what Marlena would do and has done for John and Roman. Those couples were always saving eachother.

I dont ever see Sami and EJ together, There is too much water under the bridge, and they never had a mutual love story going anyway.. at best Sami had grown fond of EJ as a father/figure to the twins.. and grew comfortable in their sudo family unit, But thats about it.
She has never hinted that she wishes things were different or that she longs for him in any way.. She has been very clear about who she loves and wants to be with, and considers Rafe her soul mate, If Rafe has any competition for her heart it would only be with Lucas IMO.. Because they have such a rich history together.

So I am glad they are together again though I dont expect it to be all perfect just yet.
All good love stories need angst and that longing to be together through misfortune.. But the love between SAFE is clearly the story...

As for your question to Ej Sami fans.. In my opinion Ejami's for the most part hate Rafe for the reason you gave, Ofcourse most say its because he is boring not because he is roadblocking Ejami.. But clearly that is his worst offense. Ejami has been a "Non couple for years" without even a glimmer of prospect but somehow for many all of that nothingness is a "back story" and build up for something ..Eventually..LOL
I dunno call me crazy but I dont see it.

I also didnt see the murder frame up but it sounds good...
Ill miss good ole Dr Baker he was funny

Not into the Chad/ Mia/Will story , cuz I think Mia is like a stepford child.. but Im liking Chad.

Im sick of Hope leaving Bo, and Im sick of Stephanie breaking up with Philip, I think its been 6-8 times already just this year.

Dont know who Arianna is tied to, but Im looking forward to Viviene coming back.
Edited by Taelyn, Aug 27 2009, 02:07 AM.

MrsDimera

When the same actor can put me to sleep on a show every day, I'd call him boring. But you can call him whatever you'd like.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

MrsDimera
Aug 27 2009, 01:10 AM
But that's the point, I utterly, totaly, and completely can not stand Rafe. He is as boring as you can get. I can't get invested in Safe because I fall asleep due to Rafe.
Umm...Word.

I am not a Rafe fan. I think it's the actor, frankly, because I didn't like Luis on Passions either after a while. I think comparing him to John is apt- relatively interesting on paper but the character doesn't fully come alive for me.

And in terms of relationships- EJ/Sami lost me with Santo/Colleen and the story that made Stefano suck ass with the secret Sister sister and all that crap. Rafe/Sami seems designed mostly to resemble Roman/Marlena. Which is really more about pushing Sami into that role than anything else. So, I guess I hate them both equally.

As far as the storyline- meh. I like the idea of the letters because it reminds me of Marlena's letter to John way back in the day, in a way. Just don't really care about the context.

Taelyn

Different strokes .. What Ya'll see as Boring I find sexy and strong and even at times funny..
The only person who would come close to putting me to sleep is Mia, because she never changes her expression or her voice.. But the girl is beautiful.

MrsDimera

I think you just nailed it head on. Mia and Rafe are 2 peas in a pod. They never change their expression and have no personalities.

Manda1

Taelyn
Aug 27 2009, 02:01 AM
kitkat
Aug 27 2009, 12:15 AM

Im right there with you... I love this coupe together, and Im excited about Sami helping Rafe, Its exactly what Marlena would do and has done for John and Roman. Those couples were always saving eachother.

I dont ever see Sami and EJ together, There is too much water under the bridge, and they never had a mutual love story going anyway.. at best Sami had grown fond of EJ as a father/figure to the twins.. and grew comfortable in their sudo family unit, But thats about it.
She has never hinted that she wishes things were different or that she longs for him in any way.. She has been very clear about who she loves and wants to be with, and considers Rafe her soul mate, If Rafe has any competition for her heart it would only be with Lucas IMO.. Because they have such a rich history together.

So I am glad they are together again though I dont expect it to be all perfect just yet.
All good love stories need angst and that longing to be together through misfortune.. But the love between SAFE is clearly the story...

As for your question to Ej Sami fans.. In my opinion Ejami's for the most part hate Rafe for the reason you gave, Ofcourse most say its because he is boring not because he is roadblocking Ejami.. But clearly that is his worst offense. Ejami has been a "Non couple for years" without even a glimmer of prospect but somehow for many all of that nothingness is a "back story" and build up for something ..Eventually..LOL
I dunno call me crazy but I dont see it.

I also didnt see the murder frame up but it sounds good...
Ill miss good ole Dr Baker he was funny

Not into the Chad/ Mia/Will story , cuz I think Mia is like a stepford child.. but Im liking Chad.

Im sick of Hope leaving Bo, and Im sick of Stephanie breaking up with Philip, I think its been 6-8 times already just this year.

Dont know who Arianna is tied to, but Im looking forward to Viviene coming back.
I agree with my posters here about Sami, Rafe and Safe as a couple. Love them and I do not find them boring at all!!!!! They are the real reason that I tune into the show at all. Glad to see them both front and centre of the baby switch storyline. Because despite what some say Rafe is a key part of this story and has been since he joined the show in October as he was one of the only 2 confidants Sami had with the Grace secret. The other was Lucas, so he's in the middle of this stuff whether some find him boring or not, tough I say, each to his own and I am enjoying Rafe and Sami tremendously. I enjoy them best together on screen! :wub: Looking forward to her finding him passed out...should be good scenes with some funny in there too. :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply