Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Dr. Baker dies; September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 11:32 AM (3,683 Views)
EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Aug 27 2009, 02:28 AM
I think you just nailed it head on. Mia and Rafe are 2 peas in a pod. They never change their expression and have no personalities.
If they insist on forcing Sami onto that boring ass twit,,I just wish they would move to switzerland..I cannot stand Rafe anymore.GG is a horrible actor,and being pretty does not cut it with me.He is not John,or Roman or anyone..he is a bore.The only character I can conjure,that reminds me of him is Austin..and quite frankly at least AP,could show some emotion.Not so here... :x
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

kitkat
Aug 27 2009, 12:15 AM
I am a Sami & Rafe fan, that is a fact.

But, I don't despise EJ to the point that I want him killed. I would like to see him with someone just not Sami, to me that relationship will always be doomed. He, however, has potential. But, not with Nicole, he needs someone that will love him enough to trust him with anything, attention my fellow fan members-- it could happen.

So I will never understand why fans of EJ & Sami, despise Rafe so much. Are they afraid that Rafe & Sami's love is too strong for EJ to fight? Don't they believe in their couple? And if they do, why not give new cast members a try.

Rafe is a very complicated man, with a secret past. Sorta like John, matter of fact, a lot like John. He is nice, loving, cunning, strong, fearless, & smart, which to the DiMeras makes him a force to be recogned with. I know what EJ & Sami fans maybe thinking :blah:, but I'm serious.

Rafe being framed for murder didn't see that coming, but once again it's Sami to the rescue, he's said it before she's his hero. :hail: I wonder if she'll ice his head for him, Nurse Nightingale to the rescue.

Stefano, I knew he was the killer. The man is a murderer, everybody needs to wake up and smell the coffee burning on the stove. Nicole you're so naughty, bad girl- bad girl, whatcha goin' do- whatcha goin' do when Rafe comes for you.

You don't have to love Safe to Love Rafe.
kitkat--- I so agree with you!!!
Great post!!!
SAFE is for real and that is scaring the heck out of everyone!! :scared:
Finally, for Sami, a love that is real and genuine-- no blackmail, kidnapping, or attempted murders here. Just sweet, caring, and romantic love for each other. Rafe is caring, quiet, strong, and loyal, unlike EJ. He and Sami may go through some more ups and downs before they are together for good, but they will be together.

I am thinking that Sami is Rafe's hero now, but he will be hers when Meredith comes back to town!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Manda1
Aug 27 2009, 02:36 AM
Taelyn
Aug 27 2009, 02:01 AM
kitkat
Aug 27 2009, 12:15 AM
I am a Sami & Rafe fan, that is a fact.

But, I don't despise EJ to the point that I want him killed. I would like to see him with someone just not Sami, to me that relationship will always be doomed. He, however, has potential. But, not with Nicole, he needs someone that will love him enough to trust him with anything, attention my fellow fan members-- it could happen.

So I will never understand why fans of EJ & Sami, despise Rafe so much. Are they afraid that Rafe & Sami's love is too strong for EJ to fight? Don't they believe in their couple? And if they do, why not give new cast members a try.

Rafe is a very complicated man, with a secret past. Sorta like John, matter of fact, a lot like John. He is nice, loving, cunning, strong, fearless, & smart, which to the DiMeras makes him a force to be recogned with. I know what EJ & Sami fans maybe thinking :blah:, but I'm serious.

Rafe being framed for murder didn't see that coming, but once again it's Sami to the rescue, he's said it before she's his hero. :hail: I wonder if she'll ice his head for him, Nurse Nightingale to the rescue.

Stefano, I knew he was the killer. The man is a murderer, everybody needs to wake up and smell the coffee burning on the stove. Nicole you're so naughty, bad girl- bad girl, whatcha goin' do- whatcha goin' do when Rafe comes for you.

You don't have to love Safe to Love Rafe.
Im right there with you... I love this coupe together, and Im excited about Sami helping Rafe, Its exactly what Marlena would do and has done for John and Roman. Those couples were always saving eachother.

I dont ever see Sami and EJ together, There is too much water under the bridge, and they never had a mutual love story going anyway.. at best Sami had grown fond of EJ as a father/figure to the twins.. and grew comfortable in their sudo family unit, But thats about it.
She has never hinted that she wishes things were different or that she longs for him in any way.. She has been very clear about who she loves and wants to be with, and considers Rafe her soul mate, If Rafe has any competition for her heart it would only be with Lucas IMO.. Because they have such a rich history together.

So I am glad they are together again though I dont expect it to be all perfect just yet.
All good love stories need angst and that longing to be together through misfortune.. But the love between SAFE is clearly the story...

As for your question to Ej Sami fans.. In my opinion Ejami's for the most part hate Rafe for the reason you gave, Ofcourse most say its because he is boring not because he is roadblocking Ejami.. But clearly that is his worst offense. Ejami has been a "Non couple for years" without even a glimmer of prospect but somehow for many all of that nothingness is a "back story" and build up for something ..Eventually..LOL
I dunno call me crazy but I dont see it.

I also didnt see the murder frame up but it sounds good...
Ill miss good ole Dr Baker he was funny

Not into the Chad/ Mia/Will story , cuz I think Mia is like a stepford child.. but Im liking Chad.

Im sick of Hope leaving Bo, and Im sick of Stephanie breaking up with Philip, I think its been 6-8 times already just this year.

Dont know who Arianna is tied to, but Im looking forward to Viviene coming back.
I agree with my posters here about Sami, Rafe and Safe as a couple. Love them and I do not find them boring at all!!!!! They are the real reason that I tune into the show at all. Glad to see them both front and centre of the baby switch storyline. Because despite what some say Rafe is a key part of this story and has been since he joined the show in October as he was one of the only 2 confidants Sami had with the Grace secret. The other was Lucas, so he's in the middle of this stuff whether some find him boring or not, tough I say, each to his own and I am enjoying Rafe and Sami tremendously. I enjoy them best together on screen! :wub: Looking forward to her finding him passed out...should be good scenes with some funny in there too. :popcorn: :popcorn:
SUPER POST AND ITA WITH ALL OF IT!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better-- Rafe is road-blocking EJ. He is certainly not boring and since when do you have to rant and rave and whine to show emotions? We all show them in different ways. Rafe is quiet, calm, controlled, and classy--- doesn't mean he isn't emotional. His emotions are running rampant right now for both Sami and Grace!! He just isn't yelling about it to everyone.

Mason
Member Avatar

I see yet another thread has deteriorated into an E.J. vs. Rafe debate. Awesome.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW has an article on this too. It has a bit more info about the letter sent to Sami:

Rafe visits the attorney and learns about the letter to Sami. The attorney explains that he doesn't know what is in it, he was told to mail it if the event of Dr. Baker's death. Rafe knows there is something in that letter that defines the connection between Sami, Nicole, Grace, and Dr. Baker. Rafe heads to Sami's place to intercept it, but Nicole is there and she gets it before Rafe arrives.

Rafe shows up and doesn't know that Nicole has the letter. He starts going through the mail and it is not there. He notices that Nicole is acting funny. Then she takes off to the bathroom and Rafe is like, 'Oh, my God! She's got it.'"

Rafe goes after her. "This is just more confirmation that something serious is really going down here," insists Gering. "Rafe's determined to find out what that is. He won't be deterred."

Marian

Of COURSE Chad should be involved! He's Grace's father for goodness sakes - has everyone forgotten this!! And what's more, he'll THINK he's Sydney's father and either kidnap her (something Nicole was scared about weeks ago) or do SOMETHING to out that his daughter is with Nicole so that he can get Mia back. It's perfect. Nicole's out busy dealing with the adults Rafe, Dr Baker, etc., while it's the kids (including Will) that will work it all out. Perfect.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 27 2009, 06:26 PM
SOW has an article on this too. It has a bit more info about the letter sent to Sami:

Rafe visits the attorney and learns about the letter to Sami. The attorney explains that he doesn't know what is in it, he was told to mail it if the event of Dr. Baker's death. Rafe knows there is something in that letter that defines the connection between Sami, Nicole, Grace, and Dr. Baker. Rafe heads to Sami's place to intercept it, but Nicole is there and she gets it before Rafe arrives.

Rafe shows up and doesn't know that Nicole has the letter. He starts going through the mail and it is not there. He notices that Nicole is acting funny. Then she takes off to the bathroom and Rafe is like, 'Oh, my God! She's got it.'"

Rafe goes after her. "This is just more confirmation that something serious is really going down here," insists Gering. "Rafe's determined to find out what that is. He won't be deterred."
thanks Angie..SUPERRAFE :puke:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Aug 27 2009, 04:41 PM
I see yet another thread has deteriorated into an E.J. vs. Rafe debate. Awesome.
I love it! The more things change, the more they stay the same. back when I last frequented here, it was an Ejami/Lumi war.
Quote Post Goto Top

charliexvx
Member Avatar

well when and if this switch ever comes to light, id sure like to know how ej dimera is going to get anyone to believe he wasnt in on this from the beginning. he of course is and always has been convinced of nicoles pregnancy, even if he never noticed it was fake, no one would believe that one, that being said it stands to reason no one would believe he was not aware of the switch, even if, truth be told he is and always has been totally clueless about it...however he is a dimera, and they arent the clueless types. so i see the whole dimera gang at the mansion going down for something in this switch deal, nicole of course bging the ring leader, stefano, well its stefano...he knew, at least recently he knew thats enough right there lol , ej...also a dimera so he had to know...and the only other ones, mia whos baby it was that was switched, and brady, who knew when nicole lost her own baby, and who was with her thru out the whole thing from finding mia to hiding the fact that " mia's" baby was sydney...he knew that much, not about the switch, wonder what he would have done if he knew...

i also hope that roman and the police get involved in this also, or maybe just roman since bo and hope are still dealing with ciara's kidnapping and that resulting trauma there

daniel i dearly hope saves chloes life and they get together, kate needs to be hung out to dry for this, although lucas and phillip should be very much outraged by her latest attempt to "save her sons from the evils of any woman but mommy" scheme, victor eh i dont know how they should react to him he is victor lol unlike the suddenly clueless dimera clan he tends to be all knowing and has a mind like a steel trap...cold never put one over on old victor thats for sure.

i think things are finally starting to move toward some serious good shows soon...oh and about sami and rafe, lucas, and ej....i think she and lucas will eventually find their way abck to each other, i dont ever see her forgiving ej for the switch even if he never had clue one, sami will never buy that .

anyway those are my thoughts :)

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Angie79

let me guess...rafe knocks nicole out with one punch or otherwise assaults her to get the letter? wouldn't surprise me given his track record.

i have to admit, i'm sad they're killing off baker. i get that his death is the catalyst for the baby switch finally coming out, but the guy afforded some of the only funny lines we've had on the show the past few months, so it's hard to see him go for that reason. i LOVE that baker sent mia one of the letters. i've wanted her to be involved in this s/l again, and this is the perfect way to do so.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 29 2009, 07:39 AM.

MrsDimera

luvpumpkns
Aug 29 2009, 07:25 AM
Angie79

let me guess...rafe knocks nicole out with one punch or otherwise assaults her to get the letter? wouldn't surprise me given his track record.

i have to admit, i'm sad they're killing off baker. i get that his death is the catalyst for the baby switch finally coming out, but the guy afforded some of the only funny lines we've had on the show the past few months, so it's hard to see him go for that reason. i LOVE that baker sent mia one of the letters. i've wanted her to be involved in this s/l again, and this is the perfect way to do so.
I can see Nicole knocking out Rafe with one punch, lol!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Rafe is going to knock out Nicole or assault her given his track record??? What track record?? When has Rafe ever hit a woman or assaulted one? :shrug: :shrug:
Never that I can remember. On the other hand, he has done what he has needed to do to protect women.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I do not think Dr Baker is dead,,yall see his finger twitch...hmm..and did we ever get official word John Callahan was gone from the show>>

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 30 2009, 08:48 AM
Rafe is going to knock out Nicole or assault her given his track record??? What track record?? When has Rafe ever hit a woman or assaulted one? :shrug: :shrug:
Never that I can remember. On the other hand, he has done what he has needed to do to protect women.

rafe is a thief. he stole nicole's cell phone, and illegally accessed her medical records, along with all the other women who went to baker's clinic. he had grace's birth certificate forged, effectively making sure that according to the united states, she doesn't exist as a human being. at this point, assault would be the least of his many many transgressions of the law he is supposed to be committed to upholding.

shall i go on? he's a criminal, plain and simple. nothing that he does would surprise me. he's committed like ten felonies and he's been on the show for what, six months? i'm sure it wouldn't bother rafe to commit yet another crime, just as long as it gets him back into sami's good graces and gets her to stop questioning him about emily's death.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 30 2009, 10:33 AM.

Livie

I do find Rafe to be boring, but I find EJ to now be stupid and boring. All in all, just boring is better. However, none of it all really matters as the ratings have put Days head on the chopping block.

The utter ruination of the character of EJ with his involvement with Nicole, who outsmarts him at every turn has totally emasculated him for me. I look at him, and find myself longing to have onscreen a scene with Lucas. As a former Ejami fan who loved the couple to death, seeing what this writing and production team have done to them makes me ill.

I would hope for EJ to be killed off as there is just no way to bring him back now and if they could at least off him in a glorious send off, there might be something of him to remember. Rafe? Yeah, he is John redux, but then John without Isabella was nothing to write home about either.

And while I do not find Rafe to be exciting, at least he seems to have a brain cell or two working. Calling him a thief is sort of funny, his crimes pale in comparison to EJ's, but heck, I liked EJ when he was being a criminal, I just hate him being a dunce.
Edited by Livie, Aug 30 2009, 11:47 AM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Livie
Aug 30 2009, 11:45 AM
And while I do not find Rafe to be exciting, at least he seems to have a brain cell or two working. Calling him a thief is sort of funny, his crimes pale in comparison to EJ's, but heck, I liked EJ when he was being a criminal, I just hate him being a dunce.
i like criminals, too. what i don't like is hypocritical law enforcement officials who justify every crime they commit by arguing that they're commiting a crime to oust a bad guy, so it isn't so bad. my feeling on it is basically this: be bad if you want, but for heaven's sake, embrace that badness. don't pretend to be a good guy when you're breaking every law inthe book to get your way.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 30 2009, 03:29 PM.

Marian

I saw Dr. Baker's finger twitch too... And I also heard that Nicole flushes the letter down the toilet when Rafe corners her in Sami's bathroom. So I guess the only thing left is the letter to Mia and Mia's diary...

Livie

I think that Rafe does embrace his "Bo" side. He has never said anything to indicate that he thinks what he is doing is law abiding, it just is what he finds effective. I can go for that. He knows Nicole and Baker have done something, and he is going to find out what. Meanwhile, EJ cannot pull his nose out of his fathers rear end or Nicoles hoo ha long enough to zero in on the fact that he has been had. My mother used to laugh that EJ and his clue from Tony with the letter "B" was going to send him out alongside O.J. Simpson to find the "real killer".

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 30 2009, 10:30 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 30 2009, 08:48 AM

rafe is a thief. he stole nicole's cell phone, and illegally accessed her medical records, along with all the other women who went to baker's clinic. he had grace's birth certificate forged, effectively making sure that according to the united states, she doesn't exist as a human being. at this point, assault would be the least of his many many transgressions of the law he is supposed to be committed to upholding.

shall i go on? he's a criminal, plain and simple. nothing that he does would surprise me. he's committed like ten felonies and he's been on the show for what, six months? i'm sure it wouldn't bother rafe to commit yet another crime, just as long as it gets him back into sami's good graces and gets her to stop questioning him about emily's death.
OK, Rafe took Nicole's cell phone, but that is hardly a felony. He did not access her medical files-- they were all deleted. Even the nurse at the clinic told him that, and he said "why am I not surprised". If he had accessed them, then he would have known that she had a miscarriage and he doesn't know that. I don't recall him accessing any other women's medical records at the clinic. He wasn't interested in their records-- only Nicole's and the nurse couldn't find hers.

Rafe had Sami's permission to get the birth certificate. He didn't do it on his own. So why blame Rafe for the whole thing.

And Bo and Roman-- they always play by the book when they are investigating a case? Don't think so. Even Bo said-- Rafe doesn't always play by the book and then he and Roman laughed about it and said well, that's not uncommon is it? Who else do we know that operates like that? So, it is OK for other members of the Salem PD to do illegal things and not play by the book, but not for Rafe to do it???

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Livie
Aug 30 2009, 07:18 PM
I think that Rafe does embrace his "Bo" side. He has never said anything to indicate that he thinks what he is doing is law abiding, it just is what he finds effective. I can go for that. He knows Nicole and Baker have done something, and he is going to find out what. Meanwhile, EJ cannot pull his nose out of his fathers rear end or Nicoles hoo ha long enough to zero in on the fact that he has been had. My mother used to laugh that EJ and his clue from Tony with the letter "B" was going to send him out alongside O.J. Simpson to find the "real killer".
So true and besides, as far as we know, Rafe is not in law enforcement anymore. He does what he feels he has to do to get to the truth. He is not the only law enforcement person on the show or in real life that does that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply