Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Dr. Baker dies; September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 11:32 AM (3,660 Views)
MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Who didn't see this coming?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Aug 31 2009, 09:16 AM
luvpumpkns
Aug 30 2009, 10:30 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 30 2009, 08:48 AM
Rafe is going to knock out Nicole or assault her given his track record??? What track record?? When has Rafe ever hit a woman or assaulted one? :shrug: :shrug:
Never that I can remember. On the other hand, he has done what he has needed to do to protect women.

rafe is a thief. he stole nicole's cell phone, and illegally accessed her medical records, along with all the other women who went to baker's clinic. he had grace's birth certificate forged, effectively making sure that according to the united states, she doesn't exist as a human being. at this point, assault would be the least of his many many transgressions of the law he is supposed to be committed to upholding.

shall i go on? he's a criminal, plain and simple. nothing that he does would surprise me. he's committed like ten felonies and he's been on the show for what, six months? i'm sure it wouldn't bother rafe to commit yet another crime, just as long as it gets him back into sami's good graces and gets her to stop questioning him about emily's death.
OK, Rafe took Nicole's cell phone, but that is hardly a felony. He did not access her medical files-- they were all deleted. Even the nurse at the clinic told him that, and he said "why am I not surprised". If he had accessed them, then he would have known that she had a miscarriage and he doesn't know that. I don't recall him accessing any other women's medical records at the clinic. He wasn't interested in their records-- only Nicole's and the nurse couldn't find hers.

Rafe had Sami's permission to get the birth certificate. He didn't do it on his own. So why blame Rafe for the whole thing.

And Bo and Roman-- they always play by the book when they are investigating a case? Don't think so. Even Bo said-- Rafe doesn't always play by the book and then he and Roman laughed about it and said well, that's not uncommon is it? Who else do we know that operates like that? So, it is OK for other members of the Salem PD to do illegal things and not play by the book, but not for Rafe to do it???
Well...first of all, Rafe isn't a member of the Salem PD. He's a construction worker. Part time, it would seem - particularly given that he's able to jet off to the Dominican Republic (on his sis's borrowed credit card) without mentioning anything to his boss.

Secondly, he didn' t access Nicole's medical files BECAUSE they were deleted - not for lack of trying. :lol:

And forging birth certificates...regardless of who's 'permission' he had...is still criminal. And I won't bother to go back and look through Safe clips for obvious reasons...but I seem to remember that he got all of that taken care of without Sami's knowledge and then sprung it on her in bed as a 'surprise'. *sigh* He's so romantic. :wub: :eyeroll:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

as was mentioned in the episode, each patient's name had codes next to indicating what procedure they had done in the clinic, so technically, sarah and rafe were acessing medical records. additionally, both he and sarah are guilty of breaking into the clinic. sarah is no longer an employee at the clinic. she is not legally allowed to break in, give rafe the password, and look up records of former patients. even the act of the two looking to see who had visited the clinic is a crime in and of itself. if rafe doesn't like the laws that protect patient confidentiality, then perhaps he should talk to his congressman about it.

as for sami giving rafe 'permission' to forge a birth certificate, GMAB. he's a former law enforcement official, and he knows darn well that sami giving him permission to commit a crime means nothing to the justice system. it's not as if any judge or jury would say, 'i guess it's alright since rafe's girlfriend asked him so nicely.' what he did in forging that paperwork was a serious, serious crime, as anyone knows who has tried to get their kid a social security number or a driver's license, passport, etc. trust me on this one--it wasn't in grace's best interest to have a fake birth certificate, and rafe of all people should have known that.

i also couldn't care less if bo, hope, roman and abe have all broken laws in order to find a short-cut to expose a criminal. when they do it, it's wrong too, so arguing that 'everyone else does it' doesn't fly with me. rafe is still a criminal.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 31 2009, 11:58 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I am not saying that just b/c anyone else in Salem does not play by the rules it makes it OK. What I am saying is when they do something like this, no one seems to ream them out over it. It's like they are the heros b/c they solved the crime. Because it is Rafe doing these things, he is a criminal. No one mentions the felonies EJ has committed---- rape, kidnapping, 2 attempted murders. Far worse than Rafe breaking into a clinic and a computer and taking someone's cell.

I think we all are aware here that this is a soap and that they are going to take liberties with what the characters do. Rafe is the hero in this babyswitch story and they are letting him get the clues he needs to put it all together.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

why would i mention a bunch of things ej, bo, hope, etc did years ago that have no relevance in regards to the current storyline? i don't feel the need to add a postcript to every critique i write of a character saying 'oh by the way, all these other characters are just as bad as the above.' it's not necessary, and has no bearing whatsoever on rafe or his criminal acitivities.

that being said, i do agree with you that people are hard on rafe, but people felt even more strongly about ej. people also complain when bo and hope break the law in the line of duty. it's just that rafe is currently the one breaking the law, not ej or bo or hope or roman. i promise you, i'd be the first one bitching if bo and hope were pulling the kind of crap rafe is to expose nicole(or any other criminal).
Edited by luvpumpkns, Aug 31 2009, 01:29 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Aug 31 2009, 01:13 PM
I am not saying that just b/c anyone else in Salem does not play by the rules it makes it OK. What I am saying is when they do something like this, no one seems to ream them out over it. It's like they are the heros b/c they solved the crime. Because it is Rafe doing these things, he is a criminal. No one mentions the felonies EJ has committed

*shakes head and blinks rapidly* :blink: Did you really just say that no one mentions the felonies that EJ commited? :unsure: I can say with confidence there are thousands of EJami and just EJ fans who would strongly disagree with that statement. :lol:

Ellie

Guys - please respect other posters and their opinions. It seems like every week, one of the EJ/Sami article threads deteriorates into the exact same debate between the same people.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marian

Why say that EJ and Sami can't work because too many people are still hung up about the rape? Sami raped Austin - have people forgotten about that? Ok, so EJ raped Sami. That balances their characters out. They're made for each other.

As for the only way they can be together is if EJ turns his back on his father. They've kind of started setting up that scene already by having Stefano involved with the whole cover-up. Once EJ finds out Dad was involved, there's the grounds for him to turn his back on Stefano. Done.

And they can drag it ALLLLLLLLLLLL out for another eternity by not letting Sami believe that EJ didn't know and having Nicole run off to Europe with Sydney and having EJ and Sami travel the world together trying to find their child, bonding in spite of Sami's feelings, yadda, yadda.... the writing's on the wall. DOOLs has been predictable for too long.

dmj

Here's a question. If Dr. Baker was dead....why did his fingers move when Sami & Rafe went out the window?
What was up with that?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

dmj
Sep 2 2009, 07:33 AM
Here's a question. If Dr. Baker was dead....why did his fingers move when Sami & Rafe went out the window?
What was up with that?
well, i figured he wasn't really dead at that time, tho he might have died later. i don't think rafe and sami ever actually checked the man's pulse. i know rafe was going to, but then he got wrapped up in looking for info on the guy's phone and in his wallet, so i don't think he got around to making sure baker was dead before the cops showed up.

michelle
Member Avatar

Nicole will probably steal both of Doc Baker's letters, so just when it seems the truth will never come out - Doc Baker will turn up alive and tell all. Sadly, this will drag out another 3 months.

Marian

I agree. I think maybe a friend of Dr Baker's tended to him when he got rushed to hospital by the police and he begged his friend to pretend that he died because his life is in danger. When he's recovered, he'll show up and tell all. It's the best way for the reveal to come out. Unexpected and best of all... it won't be coming from RAFE!

Oh, and there wont be any question about whether it's all heresay because he was involved. Perfect.
Edited by Marian, Sep 6 2009, 06:38 PM.

dooldooldool

michelle
Sep 3 2009, 09:26 AM
Nicole will probably steal both of Doc Baker's letters, so just when it seems the truth will never come out - Doc Baker will turn up alive and tell all. Sadly, this will drag out another 3 months.
Three months in our lives is roughly 8-10 days in Salem.

It seems that it either has to be resolved before AZ begins maternity leave or after. Given the sudden jerk-forward in storyline activity, maybe they will resolve it by November Sweeps, or at least 80% of it.

I tend to think there will be partial resolution, sending Nicole racing away from Salem for 3-4 months in real-time, which translates into about two weeks of DOOL time.

Samantha and EJ cuddling their toddler Sydney: May 2010.
Edited by dooldooldool, Sep 7 2009, 06:19 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

"Samantha and EJ cuddling their toddler Sydney: May 2010

Thats assuming Days will still be on the air by then

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply