Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sex Tape Leaked; September 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 11:41 AM (2,186 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Molly Burnett.

This week, Philip proposes to Stephanie, and Melanie and Nathan arrive and hear her say yes. Molly Burnett says that Melanie "is heartbroken... but on some level, she knows that Philip loves Stephanie." Burnett says that Melanie also realizes that what she and Philip had was a "rebound thing" on some level.

However, then the motel manager puts the sex tape (of Melanie and Philip) on the internet. Burnett says that this is "horrifying" to Melanie: "She's trying to be a better person and if it gets out, everything she has tried to do to change her reputation goes to hell."

Melanie asks Brady and Arianna to help her, and they go to the motel manager, but as SOD says, "the damage is done." Burnett explains that not only is Melanie worried about what people in Salem will think, but "on top of that, she thinks Philip is going to think that she put it online on purpose."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like the focus on Melanie worrying about her reputation after working so hard to be a better person. They really are focusing a great deal on developing her.

As for Philip and Stephanie, so much for taking it slow! I hope their next breakup lasts a long time because the pacing for them is all over the place. One minute they want to take it slow and the next he is proposing.

I love this sex tape angle though. It's soapy and fun.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Aug 26 2009, 11:41 AM

However, then the motel manager puts the sex tape (of Melanie and Philip) on the internet. Burnett says that this is "horrifying" to Melanie
Not nearly as horrifying to her as it is to me. Worst Sex Tape Ever.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

jane1978

Ellie
Please link to DR.

This week, Philip proposes to Stephanie, and Melanie and Nathan arrive and hear her say yes. Molly Burnett says that Melanie "is heartbroken... but on some level, she knows that Philip loves Stephanie." Burnett says that Melanie also realizes that what she and Philip had was a "rebound thing" on some level.

However, then the motel manager puts the sex tape (of Melanie and Philip) on the internet. Burnett says that this is "horrifying" to Melanie: "She's trying to be a better person and if it gets out, everything she has tried to do to change her reputation goes to hell."

Melanie asks Brady and Arianna to help her, and they go to the motel manager, but as SOD says, "the damage is done." Burnett explains that not only is Melanie worried about what people in Salem will think, but "on top of that, she thinks Philip is going to think that she put it online on purpose."

Interesting. I quess the hotel manager didnīt recognize Phillip after all, otherwise Iīm sure he would try to blackmail him first. I like this twist and I like anything with Mel so I look forward to this story. Things will certainly get complicated.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie!! :puke:

MrsDimera

jane1978
Aug 26 2009, 11:59 AM
Ellie
Please link to DR.

Interesting. I quess the hotel manager didnīt recognize Phillip after all, otherwise Iīm sure he would try to blackmail him first. I like this twist and I like anything with Mel so I look forward to this story. Things will certainly get complicated.
That would have been a better twist, imo. Considering, Phillip wants to be a good boy now and has turned his back on his family/job.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Could care less about Melanie.

evilD
Member Avatar

Honestly, what's left to be done with Shelley Hennig's character after Stephanie breaks up with Phillip? Given the fact that he and Nathan will be apparently competing for Melanie's affection, she'll be left basically getting the Lucas treatment and just pop up when a storyline requires it.

Maybe she should think about doing what Rachel Melvin did and leave ASAP.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply