Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Crystal Chappell's first airdate
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 03:29 PM (1,666 Views)
Ellie

Judie Henninger who does the Days promos just tweeted that Crystal Chappell's first airdate is Friday, October 2nd.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So excited!

King
Member Avatar

Woohoo!

Her return is really rejuvenating my interest in DAYS.
Edited by King, Aug 26 2009, 03:32 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DUN DUN DUN!!!

Got to see how this turns out.
Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I can't wait to see Carly again. I'm excited about her return.

Mason
Member Avatar

It can't get here soon enough!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AWESOME!!

The fact that it's on a Friday is a good sign. In recent years, we've seen many returns happen in the early or middle part of the week. I hate that. Big returns should happen on Friday and there should be some sort of cliffhanger. I think we will get that here and I can't wait.

I hope they start promoting now or, at the latest, next week. The show needs to build these returns up big time.

ETA: I just looked at the producer's tweets and she indicated the promos would be up on several web sites (which is a good idea) and that the promos will be up the week of 9/14 and the interviews up the week of 9/28. I wish they would change that a bit and start promoting maybe a week or two ahead of their plan but I suppose it's better then the last few years where they promoted big stuff merely a week ahead.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 26 2009, 04:43 PM.

Kailyn

YAHOO!!!! I can't wait for Carly and I wish she was coming for Bo her man. maybe the chemestry will burn a hole through the screen of our tv's and the writers will pair them together after all.

MrsDimera

I can't wait! It should be a very good cliffhanger for the weekend.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Bring on Carly!!! :D

darraholic
Member Avatar

My guess is we won't see her until the very end. Will be a great cliffhanger.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

You mean we're getting an actual promo for Carly's return?! Remember the one they did for Lisa Rinna when she returned as Billie in 2002? I loved it. I loved at the end, when she said "There's no place like home." They did one for Melissa Reeves and Matthew Ashford when they returned in 2000 and 2001. I want to see something like that again. It needs to solely focus on Crystal Chappell and Carly, no one else.

Dr. Chip

DrewHamilton
Aug 27 2009, 12:16 PM
You mean we're getting an actual promo for Carly's return?! Remember the one they did for Lisa Rinna when she returned as Billie in 2002? I loved it. I loved at the end, when she said "There's no place like home." They did one for Melissa Reeves and Matthew Ashford when they returned in 2000 and 2001. I want to see something like that again. It needs to solely focus on Crystal Chappell and Carly, no one else.
Not even Melanie? :D

mirabella

Dr. Chip
Aug 27 2009, 03:42 PM
DrewHamilton
Not even Melanie? :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Those were awesome and I love that they promoted the returns well in advance. I hated how recent returns weren't until last minute.

The producer tweeted and the promos that were shot involve CC and KA in gowns and PR in a tux. They also shot interviews. She said the promo should be up around the week of 9/14 (three weeks prior to CC's return) and the interviews should be up for the week of 9/28 to build up to her return. I just hope they actually show the promos on more then the internet consistently and maybe even show snippets of the interviews at the end of the show during the credits during the week leading to her return. That would be cool.

ETA: The producer just responded to mu questions. I will post what I asked below and her answers under them.

@heyjude14 I think the promos for Carly's return should air earlier then that. This is one return that deserves major buildup, Vivian's too.

@PXRising05 First promos for Carly Bo & Hope will roll out Sept. 25th

@heyjude14 Do you know anything about Micheal Sabatino's return? There really hasn't been confirmation but it seems true and CC said it was.

@PXRising05 Yes he will be on Days.

By promos, I assume she means promos featuring actual show clips since she already said the week of 9/14 we would see the first promos of Carly's return, which is the stuff they shot with KA, PR, and CC all dressed up.

She also posted this:

"We did another fun shoot on Tues. with about 12 Days actors for our new NBC rebranding...and for our promos specifically...these will roll out Mon. 9/14."

Since it's the Fall, NBC always changes up it's promo style so it sounds like Days will be taking on the new NBC style for promos, bumpers, etc. We'll see how it looks but it sounds like we will be seeing lots of new stuff promotion-wise in the weeks ahead. We'll see how it all turns out.

Also good that she gave us confirmation on Micheal Sabatino since the mags never really came out and confirmed it and neither did the show.

I will post anything more that I find out.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 28 2009, 01:37 AM.

nml1808

Is it just me or has Carly's return been one of the most drawn out returns in history??? Just get it over with already!!! Its still a month til October and we have been hearing about this forever!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply