Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]



Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: SOD Fall Preview; "A life-shattering event!"
Topic Started: Aug 26 2009, 04:06 PM (6,602 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar


Please link to DR only. Thank you! :)

Fall Preview

"There are a lot of stories that are going to converge and a life-shattering event," teases Co-Head Writer Scott Hamner. "Numerous stories are going to interconnect."

Nick/Phyllis/Sharon: "Consequences are going to be very, very extreme for Sharon. She's reunited with Nick and it seems as if they are finally going to get back together and realize the dream they had when they were high school sweethearts. And it's going to completely fall apart. There are going to be some manipulations by the people around her, which ends up creating a series of events that is going to ultimately make her a different, stronger character. When the truth comes out eventually about why she has made the decisions that she's made, she's going to be seen in a very, very different light. It's going to cost her emotionally and physically and it's going to dramatically alter her love interests. Things are going to get switched around with some very surprising new love interests."

Victor/Jack/Mary Jane and the Life-Shattering Event: "As Mary Jane continues to come unglued, she's going to become more and more dangerous: the unpredictability of her moods and her actions are going to escalate. It's going to be taking us back to the epic feud and rivalry between Jack and Victor. The fights between the two giants, between Victor and Jack which is so central to the show, is going to be taken to kind of a new place. The consequences of Victor bringing her to town will impact everybody on the canvas in a way that I believe is as dramatic as you can get. It's not just going to change the circumstances of people's lives. It's really going to change people on a very internal and elemental level."

Adam/Ashley: "He's going to do some more really terrible things. But even as he's doing them, we're going to see how this bothers him because he attacks the people that he cares about the most. He is out to really injure Victor as badly as he possibly can and at the same time, he craves his approval and wants his love. So, we're going to see him struggle with that. As for Adam and Rafe, "I don't see a future for them," says Hamner. "We were never actually doing a gay story. We were playing the lengths to which he will go to accomplish his goals."

Billy/Chloe/Chance/Mac/The Chancellors: "Chloe is now using Chance to get Billy to be jealous. And Chance is just as opposite to the kind of guy that Chloe could ever imagine she would be interested in. Chloe is going to discover that her plan is backfiring because she is starting to fall for Chance."

Gloria/Jeff/Kevin/Michael: "Jeff and Gloria are going to outdo themselves, if that's even possible. It's going to appear to them that they have found a way to win their fortune back. It's going to be a lot of fun to see what they bring on themselves as a result of their own sneakiness and conniving. They are their own worst enemies. But I think people are going to enjoy seeing them suffer the consequences of their actions."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
kabre
Member Avatar


Thanks Kenny.

I guess Nick leaves Phyllis once again for Sharon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Oh god, sounds like the same shit we've been seeing all damn year!

This show sucks ass so much....

Thanks for posting, Kenny!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MichaelGL
Sexy Jew

What exactly was the point of reuniting Phyllis and Nick?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Crazygirl
Member Avatar


WTF are the spoilers with Nick and Sharon? I thought we had it on great authority here by some posters that Nick wouldn't leave Phyllis again for Sharon. He'd better not. I don't want that dog anywhere near her! Let Phyllis have the loser and let Sharon finally be able to move on.

Thanks Kenny
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar


Quote:
 
"There are a lot of stories that are going to converge and a life-shattering event," teases Co-Head Writer Scott Hamner. "Numerous stories are going to interconnect."

I really wish they would let Hogan Sheffer do preview interviews once in a while. The couple he did as DAYS head writer were great.

Quote:
 
Nick/Phyllis/Sharon: "Consequences are going to be very, very extreme for Sharon. She's reunited with Nick and it seems as if they are finally going to get back together and realize the dream they had when they were high school sweethearts. And it's going to completely fall apart. There are going to be some manipulations by the people around her, which ends up creating a series of events that is going to ultimately make her a different, stronger character. When the truth comes out eventually about why she has made the decisions that she's made, she's going to be seen in a very, very different light. It's going to cost her emotionally and physically and it's going to dramatically alter her love interests. Things are going to get switched around with some very surprising new love interests."

I'll always be a Nick and Sharon fan, so even if they're going to be reunited for just a short time, I'll be fine with that. It seems like they're end game, so I can handle the continuing make up and beak ups. They have the history there, unlike other couples that constantly make up and break up (DAYS' Philip and Stephanie). I'm interested in the possible new love interests. I don't want to see anyone new for Sharon. Phyllis needs a new man, however.

Quote:
 
Victor/Jack/Mary Jane and the Life-Shattering Event: "As Mary Jane continues to come unglued, she's going to become more and more dangerous: the unpredictability of her moods and her actions are going to escalate. It's going to be taking us back to the epic feud and rivalry between Jack and Victor. The fights between the two giants, between Victor and Jack which is so central to the show, is going to be taken to kind of a new place. The consequences of Victor bringing her to town will impact everybody on the canvas in a way that I believe is as dramatic as you can get. It's not just going to change the circumstances of people's lives. It's really going to change people on a very internal and elemental level."

I really hope Mary Jane remains on the show after this storyline ends.

Quote:
 
Adam/Ashley: "He's going to do some more really terrible things. But even as he's doing them, we're going to see how this bothers him because he attacks the people that he cares about the most. He is out to really injure Victor as badly as he possibly can and at the same time, he craves his approval and wants his love. So, we're going to see him struggle with that. As for Adam and Rafe, "I don't see a future for them," says Hamner. "We were never actually doing a gay story. We were playing the lengths to which he will go to accomplish his goals."

I'm looking forward to Adam's inner struggle after hurting Ashley so much, just to stick it to Victor.

Quote:
 
Billy/Chloe/Chance/Mac/The Chancellors: "Chloe is now using Chance to get Billy to be jealous. And Chance is just as opposite to the kind of guy that Chloe could ever imagine she would be interested in. Chloe is going to discover that her plan is backfiring because she is starting to fall for Chance."

I like Chloe and Chance together. I see nothing in Billy and Chloe. Billy needs to stick with Mac because I'm finally starting to fall for them as a couple.

Quote:
 
Gloria/Jeff/Kevin/Michael: "Jeff and Gloria are going to outdo themselves, if that's even possible. It's going to appear to them that they have found a way to win their fortune back. It's going to be a lot of fun to see what they bring on themselves as a result of their own sneakiness and conniving. They are their own worst enemies. But I think people are going to enjoy seeing them suffer the consequences of their actions."

We've had a huge break from Gloria and Jeff, so I really don't mind them getting a storyline now.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Crazygirl
Member Avatar


Quote:
 
I'll always be a Nick and Sharon fan, so even if they're going to be reunited for just a short time, I'll be fine with that. It seems like they're end game, so I can handle the continuing make up and beak ups


Honestly so will I. As much as I fight it deep down I've always been a Nick and Sharon fan but what they have done to both characters is a crime. It's to the point where I can barely look at Nick and having him flip flop once again back to Sharon is only going to make it worse. They really need to have Nick make a decision and stick to it longer then a few weeks. I would love to see Sharon and Nick reunited if it was done right and it lasted, sadly I don't think these writers have a good story in them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
sassychic


I agree with the poster above me, I was a die hard Nick and Sharon fan, but the writers have demolished my favorite pairing, and I just am not enjoying the show as much :shame: I am still confused, why does Nick make the decisions for what happens? At this point I have given up all hope now, I have not liked Nick since his pairing with Phyllis :puke: I was pulling for Nick and Sharon, but not only do the writers seem to hate Shick fans, but I also think that JM does not want to return to the supercouple pairing either from interviews I often read with him regarding the Phick/Shick pairings. It is hard to want to root for a couple, when only 50% of the pairing is for it. I would have liked Sharon and Brad pairing, they seemed more real. SC even mentioned she like her pairing with DD, that they could have been a MR. & Mrs. Smith supercouple. I could have dealt with change from Shick, if the writers had of went there, now I feel as a Shick fan we are stuck in limbo of support, because the s/ls are not equalizing with Shick in a good way, and sadly enough JM does not want to be apart of the pairing.... :shame:
Edited by sassychic, Aug 28 2009, 12:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
JaiJai
Member Avatar


"Consequences are going to be very, very extreme for Sharon. She's reunited with Nick and it seems as if they are finally going to get back together and realize the dream they had when they were high school sweethearts. And it's going to completely fall apart. There are going to be some manipulations by the people around her, which ends up creating a series of events that is going to ultimately make her a different, stronger character. When the truth comes out eventually about why she has made the decisions that she's made, she's going to be seen in a very, very different light. It's going to cost her emotionally and physically and it's going to dramatically alter her love interests. Things are going to get switched around with some very surprising new love interests."

The first part sounds like a recap of what already happened. Nick and Sharon did get back together and MJ's manipulations messed that up. There's no point in repeating that scenario. Now we're on to the part of her suffering the consequences which is her being arrested and going to the mental institution. Tomorrow Nick will find out the truth about Sharon's lie and Sharon will tell him why she did it. However, my main concern is her paying a price physically, what does that mean? I fear that Sharon could miscarry her baby for real and there will be no baby Faith.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
cassie1013


Why are they putting Nick and Sharon back together again, only to break them up...AGAIN? This all seems like such a waste of time. It's also coming off like the writers have no clue what they're doing, and are writing on a whim.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
BKCHIC
Member Avatar


Please let Sharon love a man other the Nick! I used to be a Shick fan but now I don't want them to ever reunite. Phyllis can have Nick's sorry ass. I would like to see Sharon & JT together or maybe even with Paul. Could be interesting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Soapcoach


bkglam
Aug 30 2009, 06:31 PM
Please let Sharon love a man other the Nick! I used to be a Shick fan but now I don't want them to ever reunite. Phyllis can have Nick's sorry ass. I would like to see Sharon & JT together or maybe even with Paul. Could be interesting.
I am a Shick fan. I started watching the show post his affair with Phyllis and I for one never got the fascination with the Phick couple or with Phyllis as an individual character.

That being said, I want Sharon to move on from Nick too! The guy isn't worth it. She can do better and as a Sharon fan more than anything else, I'd love to see her get her life together and involved in a storyline outside of Nick and Phyllis.

I think Paul would be interesting, but I have to tell you...I wouldn't mind seeing her with Jack if they could both get it together!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Raspberry


I'm a Shick fan that is riding the waves on the bumpy road to getting back together as a solid couple. The writing of late for them sucks. But in the end, I think they are the couple that will come out of this stronger, putting their family back together, raising their daughter Faith. Thanks for article Kenny.
Edited by Raspberry, Sep 5 2009, 07:03 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
extvgal


JaiJai
Aug 28 2009, 12:47 AM
"Consequences are going to be very, very extreme for Sharon. She's reunited with Nick and it seems as if they are finally going to get back together and realize the dream they had when they were high school sweethearts. And it's going to completely fall apart. There are going to be some manipulations by the people around her, which ends up creating a series of events that is going to ultimately make her a different, stronger character. When the truth comes out eventually about why she has made the decisions that she's made, she's going to be seen in a very, very different light. It's going to cost her emotionally and physically and it's going to dramatically alter her love interests. Things are going to get switched around with some very surprising new love interests."

The first part sounds like a recap of what already happened. Nick and Sharon did get back together and MJ's manipulations messed that up. There's no point in repeating that scenario. Now we're on to the part of her suffering the consequences which is her being arrested and going to the mental institution. Tomorrow Nick will find out the truth about Sharon's lie and Sharon will tell him why she did it. However, my main concern is her paying a price physically, what does that mean? I fear that Sharon could miscarry her baby for real and there will be no baby Faith.
I understand the first part has already happened too. We are now in the consequences part of the story with Phick being reunited, and MJ is about to take her baby.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
extvgal


Crazygirl
Aug 26 2009, 10:17 PM
WTF are the spoilers with Nick and Sharon? I thought we had it on great authority here by some posters that Nick wouldn't leave Phyllis again for Sharon. He'd better not. I don't want that dog anywhere near her! Let Phyllis have the loser and let Sharon finally be able to move on.

Thanks Kenny
Don't worry, Nick's not leaving Phyllis for Sharon again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
sassychic


extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 03:11 PM
Crazygirl
Aug 26 2009, 10:17 PM
WTF are the spoilers with Nick and Sharon? I thought we had it on great authority here by some posters that Nick wouldn't leave Phyllis again for Sharon. He'd better not. I don't want that dog anywhere near her! Let Phyllis have the loser and let Sharon finally be able to move on.

Thanks Kenny
Don't worry, Nick's not leaving Phyllis for Sharon again.
Nick reconciles with Sharon sometime this month or next I hear, that is not a strong form of committment to Phyllis, and does not sound like a strong marriage. :hail:
Edited by sassychic, Sep 7 2009, 05:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
extvgal


sassychic
Sep 7 2009, 05:21 PM
extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 03:11 PM
Crazygirl
Aug 26 2009, 10:17 PM
WTF are the spoilers with Nick and Sharon? I thought we had it on great authority here by some posters that Nick wouldn't leave Phyllis again for Sharon. He'd better not. I don't want that dog anywhere near her! Let Phyllis have the loser and let Sharon finally be able to move on.

Thanks Kenny
Don't worry, Nick's not leaving Phyllis for Sharon again.
Nick reconciles with Sharon sometime this month or next I hear, that is not a strong form of committment to Phyllis, and does not sound like a strong marriage. :hail:
Believe me, Nick is not reuniting with Sharon this month or next. I am 100 percent sure this spoiler from SH is a spoiler of stories already in progress not stories upcoming.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
mll1206
Member Avatar


Sharon is her own worst enemy, does she know how to read????
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
sassychic


extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 11:48 PM
sassychic
Sep 7 2009, 05:21 PM
extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 03:11 PM
Crazygirl
Aug 26 2009, 10:17 PM
WTF are the spoilers with Nick and Sharon? I thought we had it on great authority here by some posters that Nick wouldn't leave Phyllis again for Sharon. He'd better not. I don't want that dog anywhere near her! Let Phyllis have the loser and let Sharon finally be able to move on.

Thanks Kenny
Don't worry, Nick's not leaving Phyllis for Sharon again.
Nick reconciles with Sharon sometime this month or next I hear, that is not a strong form of committment to Phyllis, and does not sound like a strong marriage. :hail:
Believe me, Nick is not reuniting with Sharon this month or next. I am 100 percent sure this spoiler from SH is a spoiler of stories already in progress not stories upcoming.
Visit soap central, it will explain that Nick and Sharon reunite briefly and due to factors (Phyllis or others) Shick parts again. That being said, Nick and Phyllis donot have a sound or strong marriage, since Nick reunites with Sharon this month or next, with love child and Nick has not told Phyllis or tells Phyllis of his child he made with Sharon before he reunites again with her before those factors seperates them.... ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Raspberry


extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 03:11 PM
Crazygirl
Aug 26 2009, 10:17 PM
WTF are the spoilers with Nick and Sharon? I thought we had it on great authority here by some posters that Nick wouldn't leave Phyllis again for Sharon. He'd better not. I don't want that dog anywhere near her! Let Phyllis have the loser and let Sharon finally be able to move on.

Thanks Kenny
Don't worry, Nick's not leaving Phyllis for Sharon again.
Not for a lack of trying to, he will leave her again, although it will be short lived. Maybe a Summer card being played?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply