Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: A Closer Look -- Nick; SOD Article
Topic Started: Aug 27 2009, 06:31 PM (27,225 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Please link to DR only. Thank you! :)

A Closer Look -- Nick

The cat is out of the bag this week when Nick finally learns that he, not Jack, is the father of Sharon's baby. Joshua Morrow details the stunning revelation -- and the fallout.

WEEKLY: So how and where does the big reveal come about?

MORROW: They're inside Sharon's room at the psychiatric facility. Nick's just coming by to talk to her about Noah, and he overhears Sharon speaking to her mother, and he hears that the child is his and not Jack's. He is floored, because he wanted for so long for that baby to be his, and to hear it in that setting and realize that he had been lied to, it's pretty difficult for him to accept.

WEEKLY: And he confronts her?

MORROW: He walks in and says, "Is this baby mine?" and "Why would you do this?" He cannot understand why she would do this. Then, later on, he realizes that she lied to him for him, to help him go back to Phyllis and Summer and put all his energy and focus on them, because they need him at this time. It's truly a selfless act on Sharon's part, but he is still like, "I don't know how you could do this to me. You know how badly I wanted this baby." It is kind of a crazy situation.

WEEKLY: Poor Nick. It's an impossible situation.

MORROW: It's hard to say "poor Nick," because the guy has kind of been a donkey lately. It could be "poor Nick" in the sense that of all the things that have gone down, the thing he wanted most in this world was to have another little girl with Sharon. He's not trying to replace Cassie in any way, but he wants to try and do this over the right way. I find it sad, because it's a beautiful thing that Nick wanted to do. He wanted to have another little girl. Nick hasn't made things easy on himself lately. He's made some very difficult decisions.

WEEKLY: Does Nick think about telling Phyllis the truth before she leaves for Switzerland?

MORROW: Nick is talking out loud, trying to figure out how he can do this, and Sharon brings up that maybe they should try to keep it a secret. But Nick doesn't want that. He is pretty hell-bent on telling Phyllis about it. He feels like he owes it to her, and he feels like they had enough secrets and stuff go on between them. He really does genuinely believe that he's trying to be open and forthright with her from this point forward. But when he gets to the airport, he realizes that it's not the right time to tell her. He wants to tell her in the best possible way. Phyllis is going across the world trying to get their daughter healthy, and she's going to be gone for a few weeks. It's not the best time to tell her, because all Phyllis is going to do is sit over there and worry about Nick and Sharon being together and bonding over this baby.

WEEKLY: Is the viewer feedback that you get very split on who Nick should be with, in terms of Sharon and Phyllis?

MORROW: It is. If anything, I think it leans more toward Phyllis. I would say it is probably 65/35 Phyllis. They really like what Nick and Phyllis have done, but you've also got the stalwart fans who will never let go of that Romeo and Juliet story of Nick and Sharon.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mason

Poor Nick, my ass...
Offline Profile Goto Top

JaiJai
Member Avatar

So this means Sharon won't be stuck with his b!tch a$$? I say bring that love interest on for Sharon and let her do the damn thing. Finally, Sharon is free from Phick's orbit and being used to make them somewhat interesting. I just have to not that the polls may say one thing, but the ratings don't reflect it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sab980

JaiJai
Aug 27 2009, 07:41 PM
So this means Sharon won't be stuck with his b!tch a$$? I say bring that love interest on for Sharon and let her do the damn thing. Finally, Sharon is free from Phick's orbit and being used to make them somewhat interesting. I just have to not that the polls may say one thing, but the ratings don't reflect it.
I hope this mean my girl gets away from this nutcase and move on to new and better things. Let Phyllis keep the head ache and see how long Phick last. I do not know what poll he is talking about because the rating do not show it. Oh....well I do not care if they do or not because my girll deserves better than being Nick doormat, I will let Phyllis keep that title for now.

Thanks Kenny :smile:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I wish after reading that I was completely convinced that Sharon was going to move on but I'm still not. I really wish they would bring a new love interest on for Sharon and get her away from the deadly dull duo known as Phick.

Quote:

I do not know what poll he is talking about because the rating do not show it.

It's just the poll inside Joshua Morrows head! He's always wearing his "I love Michelle" t-shirt whenever he gives interviews. He's not stupid like his character, if he wasn't paired up with MS he wouldn't be given half the attention in the soap magazines as he is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

Crazygirl
Aug 27 2009, 10:58 PM
I wish after reading that I was completely convinced that Sharon was going to move on but I'm still not. I really wish they would bring a new love interest on for Sharon and get her away from the deadly dull duo known as Phick.

Quote:

I do not know what poll he is talking about because the rating do not show it.

It's just the poll inside Joshua Morrows head! He's always wearing his "I love Michelle" t-shirt whenever he gives interviews. He's not stupid like his character, if he wasn't paired up with MS he wouldn't be given half the attention in the soap magazines as he is.
Thank you for the interview. I am really hoping that Sharon Collins moves on from Nick with that new man coming to town. I think that Sharon would have sufficed without Nick after they divorced. I am stunned to hear that 65/35 ratio for Phyllis, the ratings donot reflect this at all? I really am hoping Sharon can move on from him, especially it sounds like JM likes his pairing over his than with Sharon from that ratio he cooked up. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

mll1206
Member Avatar

JM does now what happened to Romeo and Juliet right???? their love for each other was the death of them....I always LMAO whenever someone compares Nick and Sharon to Romeo and Juliet...it was not a love story...it was a TRAGEDY!!

JM knows that being paired with MS is what has given Nick his "sex appeal", with SC he was just the pretty prep boy wallpaper!

65/35 is about right! thanks JM for keep it real!
Edited by mll1206, Aug 28 2009, 08:11 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbert04

I wish that Sharon would get a new love interest, and Nick realizes that he loves and wants to be with Sharon. Then Nick can fight for Sharon while she is with someone else. Nick can watch her be in love with someone other than him.
Edited by talbert04, Aug 31 2009, 06:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Fuck this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KaiceM3

he wears an "I love michelle" t-shirt? youv'e got to be kidding!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

celine12

sab980
Aug 27 2009, 10:29 PM
JaiJai
I hope this mean my girl gets away from this nutcase and move on to new and better things. Let Phyllis keep the head ache and see how long Phick last. I do not know what poll he is talking about because the rating do not show it. Oh....well I do not care if they do or not because my girll deserves better than being Nick doormat, I will let Phyllis keep that title for now.

The ratings show the number of PHICK fans that quit watching Y&R because they broke them up. LML always enjoyed ratings that were 3.7 and 3.9. During sweeps the ratings were 4.0 to 4.3.
But MAB had the bright idea to break up one of the most popular couples in daytime (Phick) for the one of the most BORING, played out couples (shick) and fans especially the younger fans bolted.

Offline Profile Goto Top

celine12

talbert04
Aug 31 2009, 06:24 PM
I wish that Sharon would get a new love interest, and Nick realizes that he loves and wants to be with Sharon. Then Nick can fight for Sharon while she is with someone else. Nick can watch her be in love with someone other than him.
Why would Nick fight for that USELESS, serial cheating airhead? Why so she can go after his father again? Or maybe she will try to sex up JT. We know Sharon always has sex with her brother-in-laws and with Vicky's men.
Offline Profile Goto Top

scotsgirl813

celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:12 AM
talbert04
Why would Nick fight for that USELESS, serial cheating airhead? Why so she can go after his father again? Or maybe she will try to sex up JT. We know Sharon always has sex with her brother-in-laws and with Vicky's men.
Everytime someone brings up all of the deeds that Phyllis did, Paternity switches, blackmail, attempted murder and even MS said she thinks Phyllis killed Sacha, we are told that is the past. Yet Sharon is held to the fire for things she did years ago.

Sharon is no saint by far however, if I have to pick a better person based on PAST history...it sure isn't going to be a blackmailing, murderer thats for sure. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

celine12

scotsgirl813
Sep 3 2009, 09:27 AM
celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:12 AM
talbert04
Everytime someone brings up all of the deeds that Phyllis did, Paternity switches, blackmail, attempted murder and even MS said she thinks Phyllis killed Sacha, we are told that is the past. Yet Sharon is held to the fire for things she did years ago.

Sharon is no saint by far however, if I have to pick a better person based on PAST history...it sure isn't going to be a blackmailing, murderer thats for sure. :P
Please explain to me how a "paternity switch" works? Even for a soap this is incredibly stupid.

Are we to believe that overnight Phylis gained enought medical knowledge and training to alter complex DNA markers? lawd! The choice has already been made. MAB was asked about Phylis and Kevn's past misdeeds and her answer was and I quote " Phyllis and Kevin are both compelling characters so their past are overlooked." In other words who the heck cares! That's a big part of the problem for Sharon/Shick fans. You are stuck in the past. If Y&R is going to survive they have, as MAB said move into the 21st Century.

If it ever comes down to a choice at Y&R between Sharon and Phyllis, I have no doubt whatsoever how that vote would go.
Edited by celine12, Sep 3 2009, 12:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapcoach

talbert04
I've always thought that Nick was "okay" with Sharon & Jack, because he knew Sharon still loved him. Like you, I don't think Nick would do well if Sharon was truly in love with another person. His ego is way too big.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JaiJai
Member Avatar

Soapcoach
Sep 4 2009, 09:11 AM
talbert04
I've always thought that Nick was "okay" with Sharon & Jack, because he knew Sharon still loved him. Like you, I don't think Nick would do well if Sharon was truly in love with another person. His ego is way too big.
Nick didn't like Sharon and Jack, but he could tolerate it. The one he couldn't tolerate was Brad. If Brad and Sharon had actually gotten together Nick would've had a fit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mll1206
Member Avatar

Nick did not give a rat's ASS about Sharon and who ever she was spreading her legs for!!! he was a little "freaked" upon first hearing about Sharon and Jack, it was during Victor's "epilepsy" arc, but Nick was not upset at all, HELL we was not even UPSET about Sharon sharing her "wares" with BILLY!!! He knows Sharon is a habitural adulteress, HELL she may even be a bit of a sex addict, her addiction is having adulterous sex with FAMILY MEMBERS....and let's just say, I don't think Billy will be the last "FAMILY" member that Sharon Collins Newman Abbott DOES!
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:09 AM
sab980
JaiJai

The ratings show the number of PHICK fans that quit watching Y&R because they broke them up. LML always enjoyed ratings that were 3.7 and 3.9. During sweeps the ratings were 4.0 to 4.3.
But MAB had the bright idea to break up one of the most popular couples in daytime (Phick) for the one of the most BORING, played out couples (shick) and fans especially the younger fans bolted.

But, hasn't Phick re-committed, and have been together since Shick broke things off so he could be with his family for a good 2 months or so? Phick are still together and married, which says that Phick together or not does not bring in the ratings as you claim. I know if Shick were together, us Shick fans would not bolt at the sight of our beloved couple on our screen. Phick is boring and no one cares, that is why the ratings tanked the day they re-committed. :D
Edited by sassychic, Sep 4 2009, 11:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raspberry

celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:09 AM
sab980
JaiJai

Phick isn't bringing in any ratings, it's almost sickening to still read that some Phick fans, are still trying to give credit to a single pairing as the reasons for the former high ratings. What's the problem now, if Phick is the ratings grabber, the ratings have been at an all time low now for awhile with Phick being together. Their re re re re re re re commit redo only gander a 3.4, same as their po-dunk anniversary, only generated a 3.4, so that's not saying so much for them being a ratings getter.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Raspberry

mll1206
Sep 4 2009, 07:10 PM
Nick did not give a rat's ASS about Sharon and who ever she was spreading her legs for!!! he was a little "freaked" upon first hearing about Sharon and Jack, it was during Victor's "epilepsy" arc, but Nick was not upset at all, HELL we was not even UPSET about Sharon sharing her "wares" with BILLY!!! He knows Sharon is a habitural adulteress, HELL she may even be a bit of a sex addict, her addiction is having adulterous sex with FAMILY MEMBERS....and let's just say, I don't think Billy will be the last "FAMILY" member that Sharon Collins Newman Abbott DOES!
Quite the contrary, Nick did and does give a chit about Sharon, that's why he hasn't been able to let her go, the entire time he's been married to Phyllis. While you try knocking Sharon, let's not forget that whore monger that you love so much. Despite all the fake protest of Nick not caring, Sharon's the woman that he's been constantly after, dumped Phyllis after her ultimatum, choosing Sharon. Started divorce proceeding, planning a life with Sharon, until Summer fell ill due to Mary Jane poisoning her. With Nick only returning out of obligation for his child, as Sharon had set him free, sending him back to the default woman. So there's no great love story with Phick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic