Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: A Closer Look -- Nick; SOD Article
Topic Started: Aug 27 2009, 06:31 PM (27,597 Views)
extvgal

Raspberry
Sep 5 2009, 06:44 AM
celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:09 AM
sab980
Aug 27 2009, 10:29 PM
JaiJai
Aug 27 2009, 07:41 PM
So this means Sharon won't be stuck with his b!tch a$$? I say bring that love interest on for Sharon and let her do the damn thing. Finally, Sharon is free from Phick's orbit and being used to make them somewhat interesting. I just have to not that the polls may say one thing, but the ratings don't reflect it.
I hope this mean my girl gets away from this nutcase and move on to new and better things. Let Phyllis keep the head ache and see how long Phick last. I do not know what poll he is talking about because the rating do not show it. Oh....well I do not care if they do or not because my girll deserves better than being Nick doormat, I will let Phyllis keep that title for now.

Thanks Kenny :smile:
The ratings show the number of PHICK fans that quit watching Y&R because they broke them up. LML always enjoyed ratings that were 3.7 and 3.9. During sweeps the ratings were 4.0 to 4.3.
But MAB had the bright idea to break up one of the most popular couples in daytime (Phick) for the one of the most BORING, played out couples (shick) and fans especially the younger fans bolted.

Phick isn't bringing in any ratings, it's almost sickening to still read that some Phick fans, are still trying to give credit to a single pairing as the reasons for the former high ratings. What's the problem now, if Phick is the ratings grabber, the ratings have been at an all time low now for awhile with Phick being together. Their re re re re re re re commit redo only gander a 3.4, same as their po-dunk anniversary, only generated a 3.4, so that's not saying so much for them being a ratings getter.

The recommitting got a 3.5 and it was practically the only Friday all summer not only to sustain an audience but to gain one.

Nick did return for Summer but stayed for Phyllis. He is not even a little bit torn about returning to Sharon now that the baby news is out. It's all about Phyllis and how she will feel once she gets the news.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JaiJai
Member Avatar

Well Shick getting it on in the cabin garnered a 4.1, but that's neither here nor there. This is a great opportunity for SC, especially if they bring a new man on the scene for her. That was the problem, JM was the only man available in Sharon's age group. Other than Victoria Sharon is the only other woman in her 30s on the show. So Nick was really a leading man by default, because for some reason TIIC don't think they need more men on the show. The only other man that gave Nick a run for his money was Brad, but they wrote Brad into a corner and instead of just going for a Shad pairing they decided to get rid of him, BIG MISTAKE. It's time to give Sharon someone hot to work with, hell I can go for Billy, that was HOT. It doesn't matter if Nick and Sharon reunite, Sharon's already had the best of Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

JaiJai
Sep 7 2009, 04:17 PM
Well Shick getting it on in the cabin garnered a 4.1, but that's neither here nor there. This is a great opportunity for SC, especially if they bring a new man on the scene for her. That was the problem, JM was the only man available in Sharon's age group. Other than Victoria Sharon is the only other woman in her 30s on the show. So Nick was really a leading man by default, because for some reason TIIC don't think they need more men on the show. The only other man that gave Nick a run for his money was Brad, but they wrote Brad into a corner and instead of just going for a Shad pairing they decided to get rid of him, BIG MISTAKE. It's time to give Sharon someone hot to work with, hell I can go for Billy, that was HOT. It doesn't matter if Nick and Sharon reunite, Sharon's already had the best of Nick.
Shick garned a 4.0 on their first love romp in February and a 4.1 on their 2nd in April, Phick cannot NOR has that coupling matched those ratings of Shick! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

celine12
Sep 3 2009, 12:10 PM
scotsgirl813
Sep 3 2009, 09:27 AM
celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:12 AM
talbert04
Aug 31 2009, 06:24 PM
I wish that Sharon would get a new love interest, and Nick realizes that he loves and wants to be with Sharon. Then Nick can fight for Sharon while she is with someone else. Nick can watch her be in love with someone other than him.
Why would Nick fight for that USELESS, serial cheating airhead? Why so she can go after his father again? Or maybe she will try to sex up JT. We know Sharon always has sex with her brother-in-laws and with Vicky's men.
Everytime someone brings up all of the deeds that Phyllis did, Paternity switches, blackmail, attempted murder and even MS said she thinks Phyllis killed Sacha, we are told that is the past. Yet Sharon is held to the fire for things she did years ago.

Sharon is no saint by far however, if I have to pick a better person based on PAST history...it sure isn't going to be a blackmailing, murderer thats for sure. :P
Please explain to me how a "paternity switch" works? Even for a soap this is incredibly stupid.

Are we to believe that overnight Phylis gained enought medical knowledge and training to alter complex DNA markers? lawd! The choice has already been made. MAB was asked about Phylis and Kevn's past misdeeds and her answer was and I quote " Phyllis and Kevin are both compelling characters so their past are overlooked." In other words who the heck cares! That's a big part of the problem for Sharon/Shick fans. You are stuck in the past. If Y&R is going to survive they have, as MAB said move into the 21st Century.

If it ever comes down to a choice at Y&R between Sharon and Phyllis, I have no doubt whatsoever how that vote would go.
Like I have stated on another thread:

Believe it or not "STALWARTS" are the largest fanbase of a show! LOL So, when JM slammed the stalwarts he slammed the majority of the Y&R viewership that holds the show up. JM basically is saying that Nick and Sharon has the largest fanbase based on his remark. STALWART is defined a someone who is loyal, committed and everlasting (viewers) YOUNG AND OLD, I AM YOUNG so JM slammed this young STALWART. Many others who are fans of Nick and Sharon actually took a liking after Nick lost his memory, that is not a stalwart! So, he defined his credibility and his affirmations of 65/35 in a wrong light to many of us fans out here who are not as vocal of a fanbase. JM dissed the Phick fans back in late 06' (after Shick's divorce), 07' (before vault kiss) and early 08' (before Paris kiss), now the man is changing tunes and he rings his bells for Phicks! lol JM is not truthful on any counts, he even says in a latest interview that being married, and knocking up his ex-wife is not being a player! lol He is hilarious beyond words! I am confused by him as I know many are. But, his rooting and tooting for Phick is not here nor there, because Shick's fanbase is larger of the majority cut of stalwarts and newcomers, and people who tune varyingly and just happen to like Shick, he does not know of! Also, JM is not writing the show, if he wants to leave, so be it, he is not an all-around actor, NO offense. Sharon Case is, and she can be paired with other men on the program, and writers just seem to want to place SC WITH JM for some reason. And SC even had said that she enjoyed the sexy love scenes between her and Billy Miller and would have like to take Brad and Sharon's relationship to new heights as a Mr. & Ms. Smith Supercouple. JM can say anything he wants. but the truth is his words mean nothing at all..... :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

extvgal

sassychic
Sep 7 2009, 05:19 PM
JaiJai
Shick garned a 4.0 on their first love romp in February and a 4.1 on their 2nd in April, Phick cannot NOR has that coupling matched those ratings of Shick! :D
The show was also one, garnering much better stories. Brad went missing and died, Katherine was in the midst of her storyline. People were watching. The show did not spike. I saw this on another board and saved it because I thought it was an awesome accounting of how at least how two stories have affected or *not* affected the show to some extent. As you can see, IF people did tune in for Sharon and Nick, they certainly didn't stay around for the reunion that came in June. Nor did they come back for it. The show is a mess. But bragging about any one couple doing anything great for the show, is not really saying much.

Y&R
Monday: 4.1/5,746,000 - second cabin/Phyllis going to town on the Sharon's room (promo'd on Friday)
Tuesday: 3.9/5,492,000 - Phyllis throws Nick out/he leaves her
Wednesday: 3.8/5,211,000 - Nick at RS asks about the room trashing
Thursday: 3.6/5,035,000
Friday: 3.5/4,917,000

April 20th -24th

Y&R
Monday: 3.9/5,583,000
Tuesday: 3.9/5,436,000 - Phyllis asks Nick to come home, Lauren smackdown of Sharon
Wednesday: 3.6/5,155,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,780,000
Friday: 3.3/4,589,000 - Shack day

April 27th - May 1

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/4,977,000
Tuesday: 3.7/5,333,000 - Nick asks to come home
Wednesday: 3.6/5,082,000 - Phyllis is arrested, Nick asks Sharon to drop charges
Thursday: 3.7/5,025,000 -
Friday: 3.6/5,134,000 - Phick anniversary, Sharon pees on a stick and is pregnant (less TV's tuned in but more people watching)

May 4 -8

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/5,089,000 -
Tuesday: 3.8/5,220,000 Post anniversary Phick, Sharon pregnant
Wednesday: 4.0/5,337,000 - Phick argue about Nick leaving RS
Thursday: 3.8/4,962,000 - Phick at hospital with Summer after the fall, Sharon tries to tell Nick
Friday: 3.7/5,246,000

May 18th - 22nd (Cassie death week)

Ratings

Y&R
Monday: 3.8/5,485,000 - Lane Wedding/Phick canoodling in office
Tuesday: 3.6/4,897,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,520,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,527,000
Friday: 3.5/4,943,000 - Sharon tells Nick she is pregnant

May 25th - 29th

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/5,004,000 - Shick talk continues
Tuesday: 3.7/5,297,000
Wednesday: 3.7/4,970,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,838,000
Friday: 3.5/4,860,000 - Nick wants Sharon back/kisses her at office

June 1 - 5th

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,815,000 -Shick still talking, Nick wants to be with her
Tuesday: 3.5/4,847,000
Wednesday: 3.6/4,961,000
Thursday: 3.6/4,788,000
Friday: 3.4/4,812,000 - Nick leaves Phyllis, Nikki knocking at door while Adam cleans up Ashley falling down stairs

June 8th - 12th

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/5,166,000 - Shick/Nikki continue
Tuesday: 3.3/4,634,000 - Shick reunited, first day in bed
Wednesday: 3.4/4,703,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,730,000
Friday: 3.4/4,636,000 - Nick helps Sharon move out of the Abbott House

June 15- 19

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,904,000 - MJ watches Summer
Tuesday: 3.4/4,706,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,776,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,626,000 - Shick goes househunting, day in the suite
Friday: 3.5/4,831,000 -Phillips empty casket

June 22nd - 26th

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,858,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,664,000 (President Obama pre-emption; only aired for 1 min on the east coast)
Wednesday: 3.5/5,041,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,927,000 - Sharon gets results of paternity test
Friday: 3.6/5,120,000 - Summer goes into a coma, Sharon has results, it's Nick's

June 29th - July 3rd

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/5,342,000 - Phick with Summer
Tuesday: 3.7/5,046,000 Phick with Summer, Sharon lies to Nick
Wednesday: 3.5/4,899,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,972,000
Friday: 3.5/5,026,000 (did not count)

July 13th - 17th

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,757,000
Tuesday: 3.4/4,614,000 - Phick and Shick at hospital.
Wednesday: 3.3/4,582,000
Thursday: 3.3/4,499,000 - Shick and the wallet
Friday: 3.3/4,560,000

July 20th -24th

Big Lily cancer week - People watched most of week

Y&R
Monday: 3.7/5,113,000
Tuesday: 3.7/5,062,000
Wednesday: 3.7/4,968,000 - Summer comes home, Phick family day
Thursday: 3.4/4,776,000
Friday: 3.5/4,758,000

July 27th - 31st

Monday: 3.6/4,863,000
Tuesday: 3.8/5,245,000 - Phyllis attacks MJ lookalike, Summer watches wedding video
Wednesday: 3.6/4,925,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,843,000
Friday: 3.5/4,814,000 - Phick wedding
Offline Profile Goto Top

extvgal

sassychic
Sep 7 2009, 05:42 PM
celine12
scotsgirl813
celine12
Sep 3 2009, 09:12 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Everytime someone brings up all of the deeds that Phyllis did, Paternity switches, blackmail, attempted murder and even MS said she thinks Phyllis killed Sacha, we are told that is the past. Yet Sharon is held to the fire for things she did years ago.

Sharon is no saint by far however, if I have to pick a better person based on PAST history...it sure isn't going to be a blackmailing, murderer thats for sure. :P
Please explain to me how a "paternity switch" works? Even for a soap this is incredibly stupid.

Are we to believe that overnight Phylis gained enought medical knowledge and training to alter complex DNA markers? lawd! The choice has already been made. MAB was asked about Phylis and Kevn's past misdeeds and her answer was and I quote " Phyllis and Kevin are both compelling characters so their past are overlooked." In other words who the heck cares! That's a big part of the problem for Sharon/Shick fans. You are stuck in the past. If Y&R is going to survive they have, as MAB said move into the 21st Century.

If it ever comes down to a choice at Y&R between Sharon and Phyllis, I have no doubt whatsoever how that vote would go.

Believe it or not "STALWARTS" are the largest fanbase of a show! LOL So, when JM slammed the stalwarts he slammed the majority of the Y&R viewership that holds the show up. JM basically is saying that Nick and Sharon has the largest fanbase based on his remark. STALWART is defined a someone who is loyal, committed and everlasting (viewers) YOUNG AND OLD, I AM YOUNG so JM slammed this young STALWART. Many others who are fans of Nick and Sharon actually took a liking after Nick lost his memory, that is not a stalwart! So, he defined his credibility and his affirmations of 65/35 in a wrong light to many of us fans out here who are not as vocal of a fanbase. JM dissed the Phick fans back in late 06' (after Shick's divorce), 07' (before vault kiss) and early 08' (before Paris kiss), now the man is changing tunes and he rings his bells for Phicks! lol JM is not truthful on any counts, he even says in a latest interview that being married, and knocking up his ex-wife is not being a player! lol He is hilarious beyond words! I am confused by him as I know many are. But, his rooting and tooting for Phick is not here nor there, because Shick's fanbase is larger of the majority cut of stalwarts and newcomers, and people who tune varyingly and just happen to like Shick, he does not know of! Also, JM is not writing the show, if he wants to leave, so be it, he is not an all-around actor, NO offense. Sharon Case is, and she can be paired with other men on the program, and writers just seem to want to place SC WITH JM for some reason. And SC even had said that she enjoyed the sexy love scenes between her and Billy Miller and would have like to take Brad and Sharon's relationship to new heights as a Mr. & Ms. Smith Supercouple. JM can say anything he wants. but the truth is his words mean nothing at all..... :)
Exactly what did JM say to "diss" fans of Phick in the instances you mentioned? I don't remember anything.

JM got his percentages from fan mail, phone calls, and focus groups the show employ to determine fan response.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 11:40 PM
sassychic
Sep 7 2009, 05:42 PM
celine12
scotsgirl813

Exactly what did JM say to "diss" fans of Phick in the instances you mentioned? I don't remember anything.

JM got his percentages from fan mail, phone calls, and focus groups the show employ to determine fan response.
If you visit an online interview it is in two parts of JM stated if he were the beting man he would be back with Sharon, and that she is his true love. Phick fans were not pleased. Other back interviews around the time of before the Paris kiss in late 08' JM said that he knew he was going back to Sharon and could not wait. There are other interviews that have gone out after Shick divorced, before the vault and before Paris. Again, JM changes his mind like the wind from interview to interview, his ratio was a through of what he sees at the fan dinners that 300 or less so people show up to that crawel in front of him in support of the Phick pairing. The fanclub dinner contains about 300 or less people, that is not the entire Y&R fanbase and nor does the entire Y&R fanbase like Phick. My above post sheds light on that... ;)
Edited by sassychic, Sep 8 2009, 02:41 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 11:35 PM
sassychic
Sep 7 2009, 05:19 PM
JaiJai
The show was also one, garnering much better stories. Brad went missing and died, Katherine was in the midst of her storyline. People were watching. The show did not spike. I saw this on another board and saved it because I thought it was an awesome accounting of how at least how two stories have affected or *not* affected the show to some extent. As you can see, IF people did tune in for Sharon and Nick, they certainly didn't stay around for the reunion that came in June. Nor did they come back for it. The show is a mess. But bragging about any one couple doing anything great for the show, is not really saying much.

Y&R
Monday: 4.1/5,746,000 - second cabin/Phyllis going to town on the Sharon's room (promo'd on Friday)
Tuesday: 3.9/5,492,000 - Phyllis throws Nick out/he leaves her
Wednesday: 3.8/5,211,000 - Nick at RS asks about the room trashing
Thursday: 3.6/5,035,000
Friday: 3.5/4,917,000

April 20th -24th

Y&R
Monday: 3.9/5,583,000
Tuesday: 3.9/5,436,000 - Phyllis asks Nick to come home, Lauren smackdown of Sharon
Wednesday: 3.6/5,155,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,780,000
Friday: 3.3/4,589,000 - Shack day

April 27th - May 1

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/4,977,000
Tuesday: 3.7/5,333,000 - Nick asks to come home
Wednesday: 3.6/5,082,000 - Phyllis is arrested, Nick asks Sharon to drop charges
Thursday: 3.7/5,025,000 -
Friday: 3.6/5,134,000 - Phick anniversary, Sharon pees on a stick and is pregnant (less TV's tuned in but more people watching)

May 4 -8

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/5,089,000 -
Tuesday: 3.8/5,220,000 Post anniversary Phick, Sharon pregnant
Wednesday: 4.0/5,337,000 - Phick argue about Nick leaving RS
Thursday: 3.8/4,962,000 - Phick at hospital with Summer after the fall, Sharon tries to tell Nick
Friday: 3.7/5,246,000

May 18th - 22nd (Cassie death week)

Ratings

Y&R
Monday: 3.8/5,485,000 - Lane Wedding/Phick canoodling in office
Tuesday: 3.6/4,897,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,520,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,527,000
Friday: 3.5/4,943,000 - Sharon tells Nick she is pregnant

May 25th - 29th

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/5,004,000 - Shick talk continues
Tuesday: 3.7/5,297,000
Wednesday: 3.7/4,970,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,838,000
Friday: 3.5/4,860,000 - Nick wants Sharon back/kisses her at office

June 1 - 5th

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,815,000 -Shick still talking, Nick wants to be with her
Tuesday: 3.5/4,847,000
Wednesday: 3.6/4,961,000
Thursday: 3.6/4,788,000
Friday: 3.4/4,812,000 - Nick leaves Phyllis, Nikki knocking at door while Adam cleans up Ashley falling down stairs

June 8th - 12th

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/5,166,000 - Shick/Nikki continue
Tuesday: 3.3/4,634,000 - Shick reunited, first day in bed
Wednesday: 3.4/4,703,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,730,000
Friday: 3.4/4,636,000 - Nick helps Sharon move out of the Abbott House

June 15- 19

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,904,000 - MJ watches Summer
Tuesday: 3.4/4,706,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,776,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,626,000 - Shick goes househunting, day in the suite
Friday: 3.5/4,831,000 -Phillips empty casket

June 22nd - 26th

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,858,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,664,000 (President Obama pre-emption; only aired for 1 min on the east coast)
Wednesday: 3.5/5,041,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,927,000 - Sharon gets results of paternity test
Friday: 3.6/5,120,000 - Summer goes into a coma, Sharon has results, it's Nick's

June 29th - July 3rd

Y&R
Monday: 3.6/5,342,000 - Phick with Summer
Tuesday: 3.7/5,046,000 Phick with Summer, Sharon lies to Nick
Wednesday: 3.5/4,899,000
Thursday: 3.5/4,972,000
Friday: 3.5/5,026,000 (did not count)

July 13th - 17th

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,757,000
Tuesday: 3.4/4,614,000 - Phick and Shick at hospital.
Wednesday: 3.3/4,582,000
Thursday: 3.3/4,499,000 - Shick and the wallet
Friday: 3.3/4,560,000

July 20th -24th

Big Lily cancer week - People watched most of week

Y&R
Monday: 3.7/5,113,000
Tuesday: 3.7/5,062,000
Wednesday: 3.7/4,968,000 - Summer comes home, Phick family day
Thursday: 3.4/4,776,000
Friday: 3.5/4,758,000

July 27th - 31st

Monday: 3.6/4,863,000
Tuesday: 3.8/5,245,000 - Phyllis attacks MJ lookalike, Summer watches wedding video
Wednesday: 3.6/4,925,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,843,000
Friday: 3.5/4,814,000 - Phick wedding
I donot like to argue FACTS, but these ratings reports could have been easily ALTERED! LOL Not only that these reports does not change the ratings standings once Shick reunited in the cabin in Feb this year at a 4.0 NOR do those ratings you have brought change the fact that Shick's reuniting ratings standings in April of this year was at a 4.1 as well. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raspberry

extvgal
Sep 7 2009, 02:58 PM
Raspberry
celine12
sab980
Aug 27 2009, 10:29 PM

The ratings show the number of PHICK fans that quit watching Y&R because they broke them up. LML always enjoyed ratings that were 3.7 and 3.9. During sweeps the ratings were 4.0 to 4.3.
But MAB had the bright idea to break up one of the most popular couples in daytime (Phick) for the one of the most BORING, played out couples (shick) and fans especially the younger fans bolted.

Phick isn't bringing in any ratings, it's almost sickening to still read that some Phick fans, are still trying to give credit to a single pairing as the reasons for the former high ratings. What's the problem now, if Phick is the ratings grabber, the ratings have been at an all time low now for awhile with Phick being together. Their re re re re re re re commit redo only gander a 3.4, same as their po-dunk anniversary, only generated a 3.4, so that's not saying so much for them being a ratings getter.

The recommitting got a 3.5 and it was practically the only Friday all summer not only to sustain an audience but to gain one.

Nick did return for Summer but stayed for Phyllis. He is not even a little bit torn about returning to Sharon now that the baby news is out. It's all about Phyllis and how she will feel once she gets the news.
The recommit was on a Thursday, bringing in a 3.4, which did nothing in the way of sustaining the audience. So you say that he isn't, but the actor has said differently. As I think we will see that Nick does try to reunite with Sharon, but with the outside force of someone's machination, it prevents it from happening.
Offline Profile Goto Top

extvgal

Raspberry
Sep 8 2009, 01:15 PM
extvgal
Raspberry
celine12

The recommit was on a Thursday, bringing in a 3.4, which did nothing in the way of sustaining the audience. So you say that he isn't, but the actor has said differently. As I think we will see that Nick does try to reunite with Sharon, but with the outside force of someone's machination, it prevents it from happening.
No, it was Friday. That following Monday, Nick had to tell Sharon.

I can totally back it up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

extvgal

Raspberry
extvgal
Raspberry
celine12

All of this info is taken from Soap Opera Network. If you doubt anything, check it out.

Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

extvgal
Sep 8 2009, 05:01 PM
Raspberry
extvgal
Raspberry

All of this info is taken from Soap Opera Network. If you doubt anything, check it out.

I am sorry, but I think the poster that you have addressed was referring to the Canadian ratings which Phick's re-committment did garner receive a 3.4. The US reflects a 3.5, but it was a drop in viewership but the ratings stayed the same as they were in the US. In Canada, or other countries that view the program before the US, actually account for the ratings on the Neilson. So, the 3.4 that person referrred to was indeed the actual ratings on Phick's magical day.. ;)
Edited by sassychic, Sep 8 2009, 08:16 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

extvgal

Double post.
Edited by extvgal, Sep 8 2009, 11:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

extvgal

extvgal
Sep 8 2009, 10:58 PM
sassychic
Sep 8 2009, 08:15 PM

I am sorry, but I think the poster that you have addressed was referring to the Canadian ratings which Phick's re-committment did garner receive a 3.4. The US reflects a 3.5, but it was a drop in viewership but the ratings stayed the same as they were in the US. In Canada, or other countries that view the program before the US, actually account for the ratings on the Neilson. So, the 3.4 that person referrred to was indeed the actual ratings on Phick's magical day.. ;)
[/quote
What are you talking about? Canada does not figure into the US ratings system.I worked in TV for 15 years. There is nothing difficult about this.

The show brought in a 3.5. Not that it matters as that's not a great number either.

Sheesh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sassychic

extvgal
Sep 8 2009, 10:59 PM
extvgal
sassychic

[/quote
What are you talking about? Canada does not figure into the US ratings system.I worked in TV for 15 years. There is nothing difficult about this.

The show brought in a 3.5. Not that it matters as that's not a great number either.

Sheesh.
Visit the Neilson ratings website, it explains that Canadian viewers for example, are the first to see ahead before the US. Meaning, that the Canadian viewers who watch the program solidify the ratings. So, on Phick's special day, the Neilson reflected a 3.4, however the US ratings reflected a 3.5, but Canada and other countries who view the show first are the ACTUAL ratings figures of the program....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raspberry

extvgal
Sep 8 2009, 05:01 PM
Raspberry
extvgal
Raspberry

The recommit was on 7/30 Thurs, the first air date, which is used for the ratings, taken from SON. The recommit ceremony only received a 3.4.

http://tvmegasite.net/day/yr/transcripts/older/2009/yr-trans-07-30-09.shtml
Edited by Raspberry, Sep 9 2009, 07:20 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Raspberry

extvgal
extvgal
sassychic

[/quote

Sheesh.
The Nielsen ratings uses the first air date to calculate the ratings. It has nothing to do with the market shares.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rosey

extvgal
extvgal
sassychic

[/quote

Sheesh.
Just so you know everyone agrees with your info but a few that for some reason go to different boards when Phick gets a good rating. They got a rating of 3.5 which has been the highest number for summer on a Friday.

It doesn't matter if some don't want to recongize it because I'm sure the show sees it. :P
Edited by rosey, Sep 9 2009, 07:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mll1206
Member Avatar

according to a real good friend of mine that works in the 'business' in Canada, Toronto to be exact, ALL SHOWS in Canada are in their ratings, daytime and prime time are not seperated, their ratings have nothing to do with our Nielsen ratings whatsoever. Here is his quote to me when I asked him "Our ratings system doesn't release daytime numbers but Y&R is in the top 20 shows of all of daytime and prime time. They usually rank around 15-18!"

PHICK remarriage was a 3.5 not a 3.4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

All this ratings talk is exciting. LOL. I doubt the Shick fanbase is the majority of Y&R viewers. I don't like them or Phick. Nick can drop dead and then maybe we'll get some good story telling for Sharon and Phyllis that don't involve that idiot waffler.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic