Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards!; FULL LIST OF WINNERS
Topic Started: Aug 30 2009, 03:13 PM (26,015 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Aug 30 2009, 04:21 PM
Mason - you really think Darin Brooks will win? Or are you maybe trying to jinx it so he won't? :wink: The only thing Darin Brooks should get an award for is leaving Days.

if Brooks wins, then there will be absolute 100% proof the awards ceremony is the utter joke it should be. He should never have been nominated last year or this year. And given all the other talented actors who got overlooked because they were in different and harder categories, it must be mind numbing to think the guy who's levels of acting of "Mad" and "Non mad" will forever be remembered as being nominated.

And as much as I'm rooting for Blake to win (and make it some small consolation the way my beloved Nick was written out of the show), I am hoping against hope DB doesn't win even more.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I think AMC is the favourite going in, since they won the most technical Emmy's. Obviously the industry was impressed with their craptastic tornado stunt.

Though, I'd love it for B&B to win Outstanding Drama Series, since it would be their first ever win, and I thought they submitted the best reel.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mason - you really think Darin Brooks will win?
I really do, unfortunately. That's what my gut's telling me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Aug 30 2009, 04:42 PM
Ellie
Just to piss you off, I hope he wins ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Ellie

Then I suggest you :puke: to get it out of your gut! It's dangerous to hold crap like that in!
Edited by Tripp, Aug 30 2009, 04:46 PM.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Is there a Live Stream for the show tonight?

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Aug 30 2009, 04:43 PM
Mason
Ellie
Just to piss you off, I hope he wins ;)
Well, to be honest, I'd rather Brooks win than either Bonilla or McClure.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

My predictions:

Outstanding Drama Series
amc

Outstanding Writing
One Life to Live

Outstanding Directing
Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Lead Actress
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, Y&R)

Outstanding Lead Actor
Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)

Outstanding Supporting Actress
Melissa Egan

Outstanding Supporting Actor
Van Hansis (Luke, ATWT)

Outstanding Younger Actress
Kirsten Storms

Outstanding Younger Actor
Blake Berris
Edited by Charmqn, Aug 30 2009, 05:02 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

My final predictions:

Outstanding Drama Series
Days of our Lives

Outstanding Writing Team
One Life to Live

Outstanding Directing Team
One Life to Live

Outstanding Lead Actress
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine/Marge, Y&R)

Outstanding Lead Actor
Anthony Geary (Luke, GH)

Tamara Braun (ex-Ava, DAYS)

Bradford Anderson (Spinelli, GH)

Rachel Melvin (ex-Chelsea, DAYS)

Bryton McClure (Devon, Y&R)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

My predictions:

Outstanding Drama Series

All My Children *The tornado stuff already seems to have gone over well. B&B or Days should win this depending on preference but I just feel AMC will take it.

Outstanding Writing

One Life to Live

Outstanding Directing

One Life to Live *Should be Days but the reel they submitted here is the kind of junk that goes over well in this category usually)

Outstanding Lead Actress

Jeanne Cooper (Katherine, Y&R) *Should be Debbi Morgan or Susan Haskell

Outstanding Lead Actor

Christian LeBlanc (Micheal, Y&R) *Should be Peter Reckell

Tamara Braun (Ava, Days) *Could easily see it being Pinson or Egan though.

Van Hansis (Luke, ATWT)

Rachel Melvin (Chelsea, DAYS) *She left her show and should've won last year so it's a makeup emmy. Plus, the two GH girls may cancel each other out.

Blake Berris *There is a risk of Darin and Blake canceling each other out and Cornelius winning but I don't think so. I think a Days actor will win. Both left their shows and that can help sometimes. Blake had the best reel but I've heard people in the industry point out Darin's work before so it could easily be him.

I wish I could watch and post but I'm going to be watching with some friends. I will be back with my comments later. I just hope Days wins something. I have no issue with either B&B or Days winning best drama. Anything but AMC. Reckell, Braun, Melvin, Berris, and Days for directing are what I want to see. Then let Debbi Morgan or Susan Haskell win lead actress and let OLTL win writing and I will be pleased.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 30 2009, 05:45 PM.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

SUCCESS! I get the CW on my Rogers box!

You guys are too kind in predicting Jeanne Cooper for Lead Actress. I bet you that Emmy is going straight to Flannery. I'd love to see Morgan win, and deliver a great speech.

I'd also love to see DAYS, Reckell, and Berris win.

Mason
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
Aug 30 2009, 05:49 PM
You guys are too kind in predicting Jeanne Cooper for Lead Actress.
The Emmys love giving awards to actors who play dual roles, which is why I see it going to Cooper.

If Flannery wins, I will be pissed. Let's just say that.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Susan Flannery did have a strong tape and she's back at the forefront on B&B. I'd say her, Susan Haskell, Debbi Morgan and Jeanne Cooper are all deserving based on their work all year. They were all lead actresses who did strong work. Maura West is the only one who I'd go insane over if she won. I LOVE ATWT and I love Maura, but her tape was piss poor and she didn't deserve that nomination.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

AHH I just saw Na'Vell!!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

As long as Anthony Geary, Bryton "I haven't used my last name in a long time but have recently adopted a different one recently" McClure/James, Darin Brooks or Dr. Philmass don't win I'm ok with whoever else does.

:smile:

DanielRand

"Phyllis Diller is not Susan Lucci's mother" LOL

Kenny
Member Avatar

OMG. It's Nelson! LoL!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Damint I just turned it on and saw Jamey from DC for a second....I missed Navvy...... :-/

miche

Kristin Storms should not win for her 3 minute tape and Bradford Anderson should not win for his 5 minute tape when everyone else has 10 minute.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

into_the_skyline
Aug 30 2009, 05:58 PM
Susan Flannery did have a strong tape and she's back at the forefront on B&B. I'd say her, Susan Haskell, Debbi Morgan and Jeanne Cooper are all deserving based on their work all year. They were all lead actresses who did strong work. Maura West is the only one who I'd go insane over if she won. I LOVE ATWT and I love Maura, but her tape was piss poor and she didn't deserve that nomination.
Flannery's tape was average at best. It sucked.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply