Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards!; FULL LIST OF WINNERS
Topic Started: Aug 30 2009, 03:13 PM (25,827 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Drew
Sep 1 2009, 12:27 AM
Ava was a disaster, as was most of the show last year. Kidnapping a bunch of people to her bedroom, wtf.
She really came into her own after that though. She made a great friend to Nicole and really lit up the screen everytime she was on. There is alot of things that can be done with Ava, especially given her mob ties and the fact that the show is so focused on families like the Kiriakis' and Dimera's.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

There were definitley more people that should have been featured in that montage, other than famous celebrities in forgettable roles. The HP shot was overkill, she was a child actor that spent more time being sent to the kitchen for ice cream while adults talked.

I'd have liked to have seen Charita Bauer (esp during the social issues bit when she lost her leg), Bev McKinsey, Ver Dorn, maybe Sherry Stringfield or Joie Lenz for the celeb bit.
Edited by Drew, Sep 1 2009, 12:37 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The reason I wanted someone to speak for GL on stage is because I feel like it was the right thing to do for the fans. A thank you to the fans and a few words about the show would've been nice. I know there may be better options then Kim Zimmer but she's one of the show's most popular stars ever and probably the most known actor or actress on that stage and, therefore, she qualifies IMO considering it's been rumored some past stars chose not to come or chose not to participate.

If not that, then something should've been said in the clip montage. There should've been a message to the fans and some words of closure somewhere in the tribute. There was none and that was the biggest problem for me along with the length and scope of focus.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

R!ck
Aug 30 2009, 06:01 PM
AHH I just saw Na'Vell!!!
Where? LMAO
Edited by NavJLee8785, Sep 1 2009, 10:06 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Amello
Aug 30 2009, 04:23 PM
Ellie
Aug 30 2009, 04:21 PM
Mason - you really think Darin Brooks will win? Or are you maybe trying to jinx it so he won't? :wink: The only thing Darin Brooks should get an award for is leaving Days.

He was better than both Bryton and E.J Bonilla!
Talk about damning with faint praise! :drunk:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Michael Fairman created the GL tribute video. Check out this link to see the full video and why it was shortened during the Emmy telecast. The video is embedded into the page and doesn't work well with Firefox. Its best to view it in IE.

http://www.michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/newsItem.cfm?cms_news_id=595

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

I still cannot believe that Brenda Dickson attended the Emmys!

Deleted User
Deleted User

NavJLee8785
Sep 1 2009, 01:45 PM
I still cannot believe that Brenda Dickson attended the Emmys!
Her face is MELTING!
Quote Post Goto Top

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

I guess I can post them here instead of making a new thread. I am currently uploading the interviews I did on the red carpet to Facebook..which you should still be able to see since it is on my fan page.

Cameron Mathison:

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Stacy Haiduk at the Y&R Dinner:

Kenny
Member Avatar

OMG! You got to pet Kitty!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

How awesome is that, Navell got to pet some pussy in L.A.

Seriously, I am so jealous of ya Navvy and can't wait to meet ya on that cruise in January!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

How sick is this?! Don't blame Michael Fairman, a true GL fan, his GL tribute was cut at the Emmys. Here's the full thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW8yKKn9JUM

Such a shame they had time to cut the GL tribute down so much but didn't think to cut Vanessa Williams' second number or the fashion show. It bothers me that the idiot producer who claimed to love daytime so much won't acknowledge any mistakes. It's all "Yes! We did great it was fabulous!" He claims that the complaints he's getting is about who won. Bullshit. It worries me for next year that he can't say "We had a ton of success in our first Daytime Emmy show, but there are a few things I hope we can improve upon next year." And then go into detail about why certain things happened the way they did.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

^^^Damn, I cannot believe Vanessa Williams had to be so vain that she couldn't cut one of her dance numbers, or that stupid fashion show. That tribute was much better (in its entirety) than the one that aired.

Ellie

"Pundit Scorecard" from We Love Soaps. (Congrats Roger for the win!)

Posted Image

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Michael Fairman's red carpet interviews:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/emmys2009/redCarpet.html

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Fairman is too fuckin hilarious!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Those Fairman interviews are great. But man, did no one interview Rachel Melvin :(
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply