Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: September Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 31 2009, 01:19 AM (6,038 Views)
MEK
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 1 2009, 12:37 PM
Guys, let's admit it, this show is every bit as bad as it was during the Latham era.

Things don't have a chance of getting better unless Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and a few staff writers are fired.
I think it is in some ways even worse than during LML's tenure. MAB has proven herself to be a hack and needs to be fired along with her co-horts.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't think the show is as bad as it was during LML's reign, but it's far from great right now.

MEK
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
Oct 1 2009, 03:46 PM
The only reason why more people are giving up on the show, is because they stuck through with Latham. They found hope with MAB; evidently they weren't going to be played twice.
I think that is exactly right. There was so much hope when MAB came on and she has been such a mega disappointment.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

As far as I'm concerned the show is definitely better than the Latham run. Atleast the show is telling human stories, not playing relic hunter. its far from great right now, but its hardly the worst thing in daytime either. MAB had a great 6 months, and a not so good 6 months. I dont get why we want her fired and not to just get back to what she was writing before?!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I disagree, I think most, if not all the stories have some outrageous element that isn't human. Like Mary Jane, Adam in general, and this ridiculous baby switch story.

But how many times have we used the "give it time" excuse with all the other hacks in daytime and it never gets any better? As far as I'm concerned, the first 6 months of this year when she started out with Sheffer was her honeymoon period, they were just starting with stories they planned for a while and resolving some old stories. The honeymoon period is over, and they're flopping badly. The show has REALLY gone off the rails and shows no signs of getting better anytime soon.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Oct 1 2009, 08:28 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply