Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: September Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 31 2009, 01:19 AM (6,039 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ugh, i'm so disapointed by tomorrow's show.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Looks like Traci cares more about Victor than her daughter. Hell, looks like everyone else does. Victor's redemption arc is pathetic.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

For all the years I have been on soap boards(late 90's), I can't recall a time when I saw so much negativity towards Y&R. Has the show really fallen off in such a short period of time?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Im not liking it as much as I was, i still would say its better than half of whats being produced by other shows. I think the issue is that Y&R sets a high standard for itself usually, and when they're not meeting it we get the reaction we're getting.

I still think the LML run was worse.

curlygirl
Member Avatar

I am with Kenny, I miss the first few months of this years shows. :hail: I have no idea what whammy came along (around when Summer got sick) and sucked the smart and creativeness out of these writers :moon: , but it is a complete wreck. :shame: It's not even a trainwreck that I can't seem to look away from, I have no desire to spend my free time trying to like this show anymore. :shame:

The actors don't even seem to know how to act with what they are given :shrug: It is truly falling apart and I have never seen so many posters on so many different message boards so outraged and turning off Y&R. :sheep:

Edited by curlygirl, Sep 30 2009, 09:25 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wish Braeden's contract dispute would've happened a little sooner and they could've written Victor's death as the end of Patty's reign of terror. That would've been much better and more of an impact than Colleen's death.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

That girl playing Abby needs to GOOOOO! Thursday US is the last bloody straw. They find out Victor's getting Colleen's heart and that stupid girl is practically laughing!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Y&R needs a complete behind the scenes and in front of the camera overhaul.

This show is a bloody mess,

Lisbeth Salander
Member Avatar

I never would have thought in a million years that y&r would go so far south. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The writing and production is horrible. It's a crying shame really. :embarrassed:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Sep 21 2009, 09:36 PM
Where have I seen Colleen's doctor from?
I'm not sure but she looks really familiar to me too....

The beginning of today's show was like watching someone on an acid trip.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Guys, let's admit it, this show is every bit as bad as it was during the Latham era.

Things don't have a chance of getting better unless Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and a few staff writers are fired.
Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, Oct 1 2009, 03:21 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 1 2009, 12:37 PM
Guys, let's admit it, this show is every bit as bad as it was during the Latham era.
Disagree 100%!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 1 2009, 12:37 PM

Things don't have a chance of getting better unless Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and a few staff writers are fired.
I agree 100%!!! I hated a lot of LML's run but I didn't give up on the show! When MAB first took over, I was SO GRATEFUL to have Y&R at least RESEMBLE it's former self, that I gave her a LOT of leeway! I was horrified at the news of Sheffer's hiring and, of course, MORE horrified at the thought of cigar smoking megalomaniac RAUCH being allowed to put his pudgy old paws on my favorite soap! But this mess is just UNWATCHABLE for too many reasons to get into! I still want Rauch gone but the others, INCLUDING MA Bell ought to be canned with him!

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

The only reason why more people are giving up on the show, is because they stuck through with Latham. They found hope with MAB; evidently they weren't going to be played twice.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

MTSRocks
Oct 1 2009, 03:46 PM
The only reason why more people are giving up on the show, is because they stuck through with Latham. They found hope with MAB; evidently they weren't going to be played twice.
VERY well said and that's exactly why I'm considering checking out of GC for good! And THAT truly breaks my heart!

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

I've semi-checked out. This Colleen/Victor story has upset me on so many levels. However, I'm watching right now, and I did love Phyllis not showing much compassion for Victor. Wonder how long that will last...

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Aww Beth Maitland was divine today in that chapel scene. I hope TPTB don't just entirely write her out. I'd love to seem them refocus on business, and have Tracey stay in GC (I'm sure BM would be up for recurring too).

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I hear next week is when Traci leaves town.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I'm about to give up on this show too. The characters are so unappealing and the storylines are horrible.

Today's show was so ridic. Adam is psycho but Nick and Vicki are such brats.

MEK
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 1 2009, 12:58 AM
That girl playing Abby needs to GOOOOO! Thursday US is the last bloody straw. They find out Victor's getting Colleen's heart and that stupid girl is practically laughing!
I agree. That girl not only can't act but she is so grating with her airhead self.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply