Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/31 - 9/4
Topic Started: Aug 31 2009, 01:18 PM (4,985 Views)
Ellie

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
8/31 - 9/4

Discuss. :smile:

Classic clip: 2002 Baby Switch: Hope vs. Lexie

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

LK was great on today's trivia!

When Brady and Ari kissed it was like putting two puzzle pieces together that fit perfectly. I'm still not crazy about these two mainly because I am worried about EM but LH is doing great. I just cant picture FT juggling the expensive vase and not coming off like a total bitch.

I'm no Danloe fan but Dr. Dan got to me today when he was giving Chloe the medication at her bedside. The dialogue was meh but the misty eye gaze that he had and the way his hand shook I believed Dan was an emotional wreck.

Cupcake06

Halloween Family
Aug 31 2009, 04:36 PM
I just cant picture FT juggling the expensive vase and not coming off like a total bitch.

:wave:

james0479
Member Avatar

I thought Lindasy did a phenominal job today. They actually gave Arianna some good stuff today......I really can't imagine Terrell giving today's scenes any sort of life. I started watching today's show totally forgetting that Lindsay was in the role and when I started watching I was like......OHHHHH...So THIS is what Arianna was supposed to be. She brought some much needed life to the character and made her interesting, where before, it was like watching a scarecrow awaiting birds. YAWN. I'm thrilled with Lindsay Hartley so far and it doesn't feel like a Passions reunion like I was afraid would happen. LOVED Stefano and Nicole today. Ari Zuker's expressions are priceless. Kate's braclets rattling got on my nerves. It reminded me of Tabitha on Passions. LOL I missed the last segment due to storms in the area......But from what I saw, I enjoyed today's show. Looks interesting....especially the death of Dr. Baker.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I loooooove the clip!!!! I always enjoyed evil Lexie.....especially evil Lexie in the red cape (for those who remember that lol)....It's so funny that they would just push everything under the rug and now Lexie is this compassionate doctor and everyone's friend. I wish they would delve deeper into Lexie's darker Dimera side.....at least THAT was interesting! :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

james0479
Aug 31 2009, 05:07 PM
Ari Zuker's expressions are priceless.
I like this girl! :)

Tori

There is a reason why Passions had the lowest ratings and was cancelled. Today just reminded us! Way to go KC! Today was the biggest bunch of contrived crap!

Cupcake06

Which part? Brady and Arianna? Well, I dunno. Wouldn't the same scenes have been done with FT there?

Tori

Cupcake06
Aug 31 2009, 06:06 PM
Which part? Brady and Arianna? Well, I dunno. Wouldn't the same scenes have been done with FT there?
The whole episode. Start to finish. LH and EM as Brady and Arianna proves that lightning does not strike twice. Sami following Rafe looked more like an episode of I love Lucy or Luverne and Shirley or perhaps Weekend at Bernies. How many times does EJ have to act stupid? And my favorite Lucas meets Kate in a BAR to discuss unplugging Chloe. Geez this show was so badly written, directed and acted!
Edited by Tori, Aug 31 2009, 06:38 PM.

Cupcake06

Oh.

Well as far as the chemistry thing goes...some people love them, some hate them. Some think they are just ok, some don't care either way. I've seen a variety of opinions.

Alligato
Member Avatar

So Sami and Rafe both packed up their stuff and headed to the Dominican Republic within minutes from each other? Just a small plane ride from Salem, I suppose, and a small enough town for Sami to just walk right in on him?

EJ just comes off as a total idiot...a surprise birthday party? Really Stefano? Aside from that stupid shit, I think Nicole and Stefano can take shit on a plate and make creme brulee. They just play so well off of each other and look like they are having fun. I am just surprised that JS shrinks in their presence. He used to command all of his scenes, so either AS sucks so much that JS shined, or JS can't handle scenes with AZ and JM. Or JS is just really off recently.

Brady and Arianna still don't do it for me...just no spark, but LH is really handling her scenes well. It took her coming on for me to realize how poor of an actress FT was...or maybe how good of an actress LH is. She just brings subtle nuances to Arianna.

Still love me some shirtless Dr. Dan! Could be the best body on the show...if it weren't so orange.

Tori

Alligato
Aug 31 2009, 08:04 PM

EJ just comes off as a total idiot...a surprise birthday party? Really Stefano? Aside from that stupid shit, I think Nicole and Stefano can take shit on a plate and make creme brulee. They just play so well off of each other and look like they are having fun. I am just surprised that JS shrinks in their presence. He used to command all of his scenes, so either AS sucks so much that JS shined, or JS can't handle scenes with AZ and JM. Or JS is just really off recently.
I think James can act circles around just about everyone. But they are writing EJ so stupid. There is just so much an actor can do when the writing SUCKS!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

man... poor baker. stefano called him every name in the book, a clueless nicole couldn't care less when she finally figured out he was dead, and sami and rafe were more concerned with lifting the guy's wallet and phone than seeing if he was alive and needed medical attention. LOL

lindsay hartley was great. she and brady have ok chemistry. i actually think he sizzled more with nicole, but i'm willing to give ari and brady a chance. within two days of taking over the role LH has improved the character by leaps and bounds.

i can't believe lucas bought kate's lame 'i'm just happy you're out of limbo' excuse. that coupled with daniel's warning should be more than enough to make lucas suspicious. daniel's scenes with chloe were well-played. i have to say, i was a little thrown off by melanie's jubilant reaction to nathan agreeing to help daniel. i know melanie is doing this to help brady, but her shrieking joy was a bit over the top, considering that she doesn't know chloe or daniel at all.

Cupcake06

Alligato
So Sami and Rafe both packed up their stuff and headed to the Dominican Republic within minutes from each other? Just a small plane ride from Salem, I suppose, and a small enough town for Sami to just walk right in on him?

This was hilarious to me... :laugh:

Dan is right behind Brady, for me, when it comes to bods. Agree he's too orange. And I wanna fix his hair sooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Aug 31 2009, 08:30 PM
i have to say, i was a little thrown off by melanie's jubilant reaction to nathan agreeing to help daniel. i know melanie is doing this to help brady, but her shrieking joy was a bit over the top, considering that she doesn't know chloe or daniel at all.
I was a little confused about that too. How da hell does Melanie know Daniel...was she just helping Brady by suggesting Nathan help Daniel? Huh?

I think they have a game to see what writer can get Melanie in every scene and involved with every character on the show...next thing you know, she'll be talking to Lucas about how to pull the plug and helping Will get back Mia as a part of her match making skills. She has literally had scenes wtih 99% of the cast.

I bet if they paired Rafe and Melanie, the writers would pass out in escasty. :puke:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

It wouldnt be Rafe and Melanie..it would be a triangle with Sami, Rafe and Melanie! LOL
Liz

peaches179

Alligato
Still love me some shirtless Dr. Dan! Could be the best body on the show...if it weren't so orange.

:roflol:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Aug 31 2009, 08:48 PM
luvpumpkns
i have to say, i was a little thrown off by melanie's jubilant reaction to nathan agreeing to help daniel. i know melanie is doing this to help brady, but her shrieking joy was a bit over the top, considering that she doesn't know chloe or daniel at all.
I was a little confused about that too. How da hell does Melanie know Daniel...was she just helping Brady by suggesting Nathan help Daniel? Huh?

I think they have a game to see what writer can get Melanie in every scene and involved with every character on the show...next thing you know, she'll be talking to Lucas about how to pull the plug and helping Will get back Mia as a part of her match making skills. She has literally had scenes wtih 99% of the cast.

I bet if they paired Rafe and Melanie, the writers would pass out in escasty. :puke:
Oh my...what would we call them? Mafe? Relanie? Rafanie? Nah...nothing catchy enough. They're doomed. :shame:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Aug 31 2009, 08:48 PM
luvpumpkns

I believe Melanie actually had scenes with Daniel early on when she first began working at the hospital. She even referred to them today when she claimed he was a bit rude to her. Even if she didn't, she's worked there for months so she would know him and Melanie is into trying to make herself look good nowadays to build her reputation up so it works. Plus, she is helping Brady out.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Realize this Melanie is almost or definitely old enough to be Rafe's daughter. And who's got the best body, it's definitely Rafe. I would have to say Rafe, Brady, then it's a tie between Daniel & Lucas. Use to I would have said EJ third or maybe second, but the man is looking awfully skinny lately. Daniel- I wish would get out of the charges already and back into the hospital because he's been looking pretty grungy. But I liked when he cried on Monday, very realistic.

And what happened between Kate & Lucas, yada yada yada-- boring. It's a good thing I was drinking some caffeine.

I think what you'll see between Rafe & Melanie in the future, is her helping him with some surviellance tapes, spoiler possibly, of the night Grace died. You remember she was visited by two women and one was supposed to be her Grace's mother, and neither one was Sami.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply