Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/31 - 9/4
Topic Started: Aug 31 2009, 01:18 PM (5,022 Views)
Nicole Walker

Brady has the best body on the show IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That Chloe and Daniel scene was nice. SC was really good there with the hand shaking and the tears in his eyes.

Good show today. Lindsey Hartley has been just as good as I expected and her and Eric definitely have the chemistry.

Tomorrow's show sounds very good, with a shocking ending for the unspoiled. Hell, some spoiled people may be shocked as what happened was only mentioned in one set of spoilers.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 31 2009, 08:04 PM
So Sami and Rafe both packed up their stuff and headed to the Dominican Republic within minutes from each other? Just a small plane ride from Salem, I suppose, and a small enough town for Sami to just walk right in on him?

EJ just comes off as a total idiot...a surprise birthday party? Really Stefano? Aside from that stupid shit, I think Nicole and Stefano can take shit on a plate and make creme brulee. They just play so well off of each other and look like they are having fun. I am just surprised that JS shrinks in their presence. He used to command all of his scenes, so either AS sucks so much that JS shined, or JS can't handle scenes with AZ and JM. Or JS is just really off recently.

Brady and Arianna still don't do it for me...just no spark, but LH is really handling her scenes well. It took her coming on for me to realize how poor of an actress FT was...or maybe how good of an actress LH is. She just brings subtle nuances to Arianna.

Still love me some shirtless Dr. Dan! Could be the best body on the show...if it weren't so orange.
When it comes to Sami & Rafe and the realism of their arrival in the Dominican Republic, it's a show, it's fiction. It's not real, just kidding. And Sami walking right in on Rafe, was not Sami walking in on Rafe it was Sami coming to see Dr. Baker. They were in the bad ole' Doc Baker's room.

I like the acting skill of James Scott, I think he plays a great villian, maybe that's why I don't like his character, though either way he's been really lame lately. But to all you Sami & EJ lovers, for them to be together you only have two options-- EJ becomes a good guy like Rafe and they change his persona, not to mention getting rid of Stefano or Sami becomes evil, which I don't think their gonna do, and loosing one to two of her children. IMO, Not many options there, FYI. I happen to love AS, EM, AZ, the girl that plays Melanie, & GG, though maybe his script sometimes was a tad boring when he was living with Sami. I usually love to hate JS, but he's been coming off pretty dumb lately.

I like Lisa Hartley better than the other woman, but their gonna have to really sell her to me to make like her more than Nicole or Melanie with Brady.

Edited by kitkat, Sep 1 2009, 12:46 AM.

jane1978

Alligato
Aug 31 2009, 08:48 PM
luvpumpkns
Aug 31 2009, 08:30 PM
i have to say, i was a little thrown off by melanie's jubilant reaction to nathan agreeing to help daniel. i know melanie is doing this to help brady, but her shrieking joy was a bit over the top, considering that she doesn't know chloe or daniel at all.
I was a little confused about that too. How da hell does Melanie know Daniel...was she just helping Brady by suggesting Nathan help Daniel? Huh?

I think they have a game to see what writer can get Melanie in every scene and involved with every character on the show...next thing you know, she'll be talking to Lucas about how to pull the plug and helping Will get back Mia as a part of her match making skills. She has literally had scenes wtih 99% of the cast.

I bet if they paired Rafe and Melanie, the writers would pass out in escasty. :puke:
I would love if Melanie had some scenes with Mia. I hoped we will see them bond when they are living together at Maggieīs and donīt have any real girl friends, but it seems itīs not in the card yet. I think Mel would work perfectly as the older experienced sister for Mia and it would help a lot if Mia had someone she can confide to. Thatīs the reason why they made Nicol and Chloe best friends and it worked for them too.

Melanie knows and met Daniel her first day at the hospital. She even jokingly asked Maggie if he is single and how fat his paycheck is. She tried to charm him, but he had that "Iīm the world renowned surgeon and you are some poor candy stripper, so please donīt bother me with your existance" attitude. It was a fun scene.

I think there was a lot of ways Daniel could get into the room himself, or Brady could just open the sidedoor and let him enter (Daniel already had the drug prepared when he tried to convince Lexie), but I think itīs good when the show uses one story to move another. They needed Melanie and Nathan to bond over something and this was a good opportunity. I donīt see where is the problem.

Tori

GG, BD and EM lets face it they need to have the BODS because they aren't known for their acting abilities. GG well he has let his Bod go. SC and JS must cringe when they have to do those shallow shirtless scenes. The ones that make no purpose other than to have a shallow shirtless scene. I think BD and EM thrive on them.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i get what you guys are saying--yes, melanie knows who daniel is, and she probably knows who chloe is. but for a girl that wasn't at all convinced of daniel's innocence last week, it seemed odd to me that she literally shrieked with joy and threw her arms around nathan's neck when he agreed to help daniel. a passing acquaintance(which is the extent of her and daniel's relationship) doesn't warrant her over-the-top reaction.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Sep 1 2009, 07:19 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

kitkat
Sep 1 2009, 12:43 AM

I like the acting skill of James Scott, I think he plays a great villian, maybe that's why I don't like his character, though either way he's been really lame lately. But to all you Sami & EJ lovers, for them to be together you only have two options-- EJ becomes a good guy like Rafe and they change his persona, not to mention getting rid of Stefano or Sami becomes evil, which I don't think their gonna do, and loosing one to two of her children. IMO, Not many options there, FYI. I happen to love AS, EM, AZ, the girl that plays Melanie, & GG, though maybe his script sometimes was a tad boring when he was living with Sami. I usually love to hate JS, but he's been coming off pretty dumb lately.

Actually there is another option for EJami - the one I would much prefer. I'd like to see Sami and EJ united, but still hold on to their edginess. I want EJ to be wise to his father and turn his back on him, but have the intelligence and savvyness to stay ahead of him in order to protect their family. I want Sami to embrace her love for EJ and be able to stand up to the scorn that will undoubtedly follow from her family. They don't need to be 'evil' - but neither one of them need to be doormats, either. EJ can be sweet and loving with Sami and their children but ruthless in his determination to protect them from Stefano and anyone else who dares to threaten their happiness. I long to see Sami's spark back - the woman who would fight for what she wanted and didn't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it. They can certainly be those things together...the shame is, neither of them are those things apart.

As for yesterday's show...I have to say I'm really enjoying Melanie and Nathan together. I hope they don't screw them up - I see a lot of potential for their pairing. Both actors are completely engaging and I find myself just enjoying whatever time they have on screen - put them together and the enjoyment increases. :)
Kate is absolutely killing me these days. She is so utterly obvious and it's just ridiculous that she continues to slink around with no one but Daniel paying a bit of attention.
Daniel and Chloe were sweet. Well...Daniel was sweet...Chloe was just sort of there. But SC did a great job with the scene...I totally buy the fact that he is head over heels in love and desperate to save her.
I'm sick to death of Super Rafe. Has the guy ever won a fight? Ever??
RIP Dr. Baker...I think. :(
Loved Nicole and Stefano - but the redundant dialogue is just getting...redundant. :shame:
And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Lindsay Hartley thus far. I was not a Passions viewer so I have no 'history' to draw on...and I wasn't too happy with the way they tossed FT aside so coldly to hire yet another Passions alum...but I can definitely see the difference in the two actresses and there is no question that LH is much more enjoyable and far more likable. FT always came across as a cold fish...with Brady, with Rafe, with Melanie...it never varied. Already LH has added a lightness to the character that was sorely needed. Still not sure I'm sold on the Brady/Arianna pairing as I think Brady and Nicole could sizzle together...but I'll sit back and see where it goes.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Tori
Aug 31 2009, 06:37 PM
Cupcake06
Aug 31 2009, 06:06 PM
Which part? Brady and Arianna? Well, I dunno. Wouldn't the same scenes have been done with FT there?
The whole episode. Start to finish. LH and EM as Brady and Arianna proves that lightning does not strike twice. Sami following Rafe looked more like an episode of I love Lucy or Luverne and Shirley or perhaps Weekend at Bernies. How many times does EJ have to act stupid? And my favorite Lucas meets Kate in a BAR to discuss unplugging Chloe. Geez this show was so badly written, directed and acted!
I want to know how Sami knew where to find Dr. Baker. We know Rafe found out from tracking the phone call, but Sami? She doesn't work, so how did she afford the trip? At least Rafe asked his sister for help. The writers leave so many holes in stories, that they end up not even making sense half the time.

I also wanted to yell out-- wipe your prints off the door knobs!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Sep 1 2009, 10:18 AM
Tori
Aug 31 2009, 06:37 PM
Cupcake06
Aug 31 2009, 06:06 PM
Which part? Brady and Arianna? Well, I dunno. Wouldn't the same scenes have been done with FT there?
The whole episode. Start to finish. LH and EM as Brady and Arianna proves that lightning does not strike twice. Sami following Rafe looked more like an episode of I love Lucy or Luverne and Shirley or perhaps Weekend at Bernies. How many times does EJ have to act stupid? And my favorite Lucas meets Kate in a BAR to discuss unplugging Chloe. Geez this show was so badly written, directed and acted!
I want to know how Sami knew where to find Dr. Baker. We know Rafe found out from tracking the phone call, but Sami? She doesn't work, so how did she afford the trip? At least Rafe asked his sister for help. The writers leave so many holes in stories, that they end up not even making sense half the time.

I also wanted to yell out-- wipe your prints off the door knobs!!!
All good points. Not to mention, how many people knock and just walk in the room like Sami did - particularly when you know the person isn't expecting to see you.

The craters they leave in all of the stories are enough to start an entire new thread about. And don't even get me started on the ever-changing birthdays on the show. :eyeroll:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 1 2009, 10:15 AM
kitkat

Actually there is another option for EJami - the one I would much prefer. I'd like to see Sami and EJ united, but still hold on to their edginess. I want EJ to be wise to his father and turn his back on him, but have the intelligence and savvyness to stay ahead of him in order to protect their family. I want Sami to embrace her love for EJ and be able to stand up to the scorn that will undoubtedly follow from her family. They don't need to be 'evil' - but neither one of them need to be doormats, either. EJ can be sweet and loving with Sami and their children but ruthless in his determination to protect them from Stefano and anyone else who dares to threaten their happiness. I long to see Sami's spark back - the woman who would fight for what she wanted and didn't give a damn what anyone else thinks about it. They can certainly be those things together...the shame is, neither of them are those things apart.

As for yesterday's show...I have to say I'm really enjoying Melanie and Nathan together. I hope they don't screw them up - I see a lot of potential for their pairing. Both actors are completely engaging and I find myself just enjoying whatever time they have on screen - put them together and the enjoyment increases. :)
Kate is absolutely killing me these days. She is so utterly obvious and it's just ridiculous that she continues to slink around with no one but Daniel paying a bit of attention.
Daniel and Chloe were sweet. Well...Daniel was sweet...Chloe was just sort of there. But SC did a great job with the scene...I totally buy the fact that he is head over heels in love and desperate to save her.
Loved Nicole and Stefano - but the redundant dialogue is just getting...redundant. :shame:
And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Lindsay Hartley thus far. I was not a Passions viewer so I have no 'history' to draw on...and I wasn't too happy with the way they tossed FT aside so coldly to hire yet another Passions alum...but I can definitely see the difference in the two actresses and there is no question that LH is much more enjoyable and far more likable. FT always came across as a cold fish...with Brady, with Rafe, with Melanie...it never varied. Already LH has added a lightness to the character that was sorely needed. Still not sure I'm sold on the Brady/Arianna pairing as I think Brady and Nicole could sizzle together...but I'll sit back and see where it goes.
He did when he beat up the goons who were after Dr. Baker and saved his ass. If he would have won this fight, then there would have been noone to frame for the doc's murder.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato
luvpumpkns
i have to say, i was a little thrown off by melanie's jubilant reaction to nathan agreeing to help daniel. i know melanie is doing this to help brady, but her shrieking joy was a bit over the top, considering that she doesn't know chloe or daniel at all.
I was a little confused about that too. How da hell does Melanie know Daniel...was she just helping Brady by suggesting Nathan help Daniel? Huh?

I'd be jubilent too knowing I'd just scored some points with Brady.

Just had to add my two cents to the Who Has the Hottest Bod Debate. When James Scott was at his prime in 06 and 07, he wins hands down, no contest. the scene where Ejami went on a real date and Lucas/Will set off the stink bomb causing the sprinklers to go off, so EJ walks over to Sami's apt with no shirt on all soaked and threw Lucas into a chicken wing wins him THE Best Body Award.Posted Image

I saw 10 mins of an old Cold Case episdoe with Shawn C., muuuuuch better look for him. No orange skin and no yellow hair. He's not a pale guy so IDK why they insist on making him something that doesn't occur in nature unless you eat a Costco size bag of carrots and dark hair is much more suitable for him. He also wasn't so breathless when he delivered his lines.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 1 2009, 10:15 AM
kitkat

I'll second that SocR!! Now THAT's a story worth watching!!

I'll also add that I liked LH better than the previous actress, but I'm still not seeing some kind of "magical" chemistry with Brady. I don't think lightening ever strikes twice, and besides that, I don't want Days to be Passions Part Deux. I much prefer the chemistry between Brady and Nicole.

Also, I agree with those that think Melanie and Rafe would be the writer's dream come true!! Can you imagine, they'd be interjected into every scene.............oh wait..........that's happening now..........but wouldn't it be cute if they could do it together, as a couple??? :laugh:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 1 2009, 11:30 AM
Alligato
luvpumpkns

I'd be jubilent too knowing I'd just scored some points with Brady.

Just had to add my two cents to the Who Has the Hottest Bod Debate. When James Scott was at his prime in 06 and 07, he wins hands down, no contest. the scene where Ejami went on a real date and Lucas/Will set off the stink bomb causing the sprinklers to go off, so EJ walks over to Sami's apt with no shirt on all soaked and threw Lucas into a chicken wing wins him THE Best Body Award.Posted Image

I saw 10 mins of an old Cold Case episdoe with Shawn C., muuuuuch better look for him. No orange skin and no yellow hair. He's not a pale guy so IDK why they insist on making him something that doesn't occur in nature unless you eat a Costco size bag of carrots and dark hair is much more suitable for him. He also wasn't so breathless when he delivered his lines.
You are so right!!! I think my screen just melted!!! :$ :wub2:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Brady and Ari,FINALLY I can totally get on board with these two,they were hot yestarday and even hotter today,SAFE just became my second fave pairing.

Does Kate have anything else to do other than stalk Chloe in her hospital room?

I actually liked that TRIVIA thing they did today,I usually find them irritating,but I liked it when Joseph snuck up behind Molly.

jane1978

LOVE new Arianna and Brady. I never watched Passions (except some ep. here and there) so I donīt know how much LH plays Ari as her previous character, but the chemistry with EM is definitely still there. Love the flirty banter, which finally works and her sexiness. I think FT had a better body, but she seemed very afraid and reluctant in any romantic scene with Brady. There was no real desire. LH is natural and she gives these little seductive looks and smiles. I really like her.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I liked the end with Victor showing up...Haven't really been watching so i was surprised..

Cupcake06

Previews weren't shown for the next episode. Sux.

sungrey

Kevc1980
Sep 1 2009, 04:03 PM
I liked the end with Victor showing up...Haven't really been watching so i was surprised..
There had better be some sort of good explanation for Victor being involved in drugs. It's true to the character (he came into Salem running a drug ring all those years ago) and it does fit the mob story, but Victor's made far too much progress to relapse. I wonder if he's working with someone on the inside...

Still not sold on Arianna and Brady, but Lindsay's warming into the role. Her acting has definitely improved from Passions. Wish I could say the same for Galen.
Edited by sungrey, Sep 1 2009, 05:03 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Did I really just watch Brady and Arianna sucking face through four fucking segments? Lazy writing!

daysfan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 1 2009, 06:24 PM
Did I really just watch Brady and Arianna sucking face through four fucking segments? Lazy writing!
Kenny watched Days at all?! :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply