Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/31 - 9/4
Topic Started: Aug 31 2009, 01:18 PM (5,005 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
Sep 1 2009, 06:25 PM
Kenny
Sep 1 2009, 06:24 PM
Did I really just watch Brady and Arianna sucking face through four fucking segments? Lazy writing!
Kenny watched Days at all?! :P
LoL. Shocking, isn't it?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Arianna is an undercover narc. (zzzzzzzzzzzzz) Sammi shipped her tots off to Europe for a little R & R, somehow I don't see E.J. agreeing to that. And somebody tackle Lucas to the ground and give him a shot of botox between his eyes. I can't take this anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Lindsey Hartley and Eric Martsolf do share some fine chemistry! This is one time where a soap trying to steal a couple's chemistry from another show actually works. I had my doubts, but they're all gone now. I'm becoming a Brady and Arianna fan, and it's about Martsolf and Hartley's chemistry becaues their actual story isn't that interesting...yet, that is. And I totally didn't mind their four segments of love making. It's a soap opera! Love in the afternoon? I say bring on the love scenes. After that year and a half of Hogan, and absolutely no love scenes, I'm glad to see people fucking in Salem again. :lol:

I'm a little annoyed by EVERY henchman Victor has having a Greek name. Nico, Carlo, Constantine. I'm sure I am missing someone. Is that really necessary? What happened to Robert? Alan? David? Every Kiriakis employee can't be Greek. That's starting to get annoying to me, but it's only minor.

Victor's back as a top kingpin. I love it! I can't wait to see where this takes Brady, Arianna and Victor.

Nathan and Melanie helping Daniel keep Kate and Lucas out of Chloe's room was actually funny. Molly Burnett does very well in comedic scenes. I truly believe Lucas really loved Chloe because she was different than any woman he ever had. So I can see why he's so conflicted. He still loves her, even though she cheated on him and he should hate her guts. But after she said Daniel's name today, I want to see that be the icebreaker for Lucas. I want him to be pissed and lose all of his love for Chloe. The conflict needs to be over after the man she asks for first upon waking up is Daniel and not her husband.

Stefano handled Dr. Baker's attorney like only he would. He brought fear to the attorney. I loved it. Nicole was even scared and she's just as wicked and evil as the DiMera patriarch.

Rafe and Sami continue to grow on me. I love them on these little adventures. I hope these continue.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Loved Sami and Rafe's adventure. :wub: :wub:

I missed the trivia today because of a phone call, and I like them. I read that Joe and Molly were in it, but what was it about?

Days4Life

Loved Stefano in full on Dimera mode today. And Victor is a drug kingpin? I have mixed feelings about that after the way they have semi-reformed his character over the years, but it's better than awhile back when he was too goody goody. One problem for me is the Brady connection. Victor was the one that kidnapped him into rehab and lambasted Chloe for being responsible for Brady's drug habit. I guess we're supposed to forget about that now.

I like Melanie and Nathan together and hope the show has long-term plans for them. I've (almost) always been a fan of Melanie's, and I'm growing to like Nathan a lot, too. She's wonderful comic relief, and I don't mind her showing up so much in other stories. She works at the hospital and lives with Maggie, so it makes sense that she knows everybody; plus, she has the type of personality that likes to butt into everyone's business.

james0479
Member Avatar

I loved today's show......way to fuck, Arianna and Brady!!! lol I'm looooooving Lindsay as Arianna. She actually has fun in the role and brings the character to life. I can't imagine Terrell as Arianna on todays show. I think TPTB put Lindsay in the role just in time. Also, loved the end with Victor...I didn't see that coming. That should be interesting. Today's show was fun and I think things are finally getting interesting! Bout time. :)

sungrey

Days4Life
Sep 1 2009, 08:03 PM
Loved Stefano in full on Dimera mode today. And Victor is a drug kingpin? I have mixed feelings about that after the way they have semi-reformed his character over the years, but it's better than awhile back when he was too goody goody. One problem for me is the Brady connection. Victor was the one that kidnapped him into rehab and lambasted Chloe for being responsible for Brady's drug habit. I guess we're supposed to forget about that now.

I like Melanie and Nathan together and hope the show has long-term plans for them. I've (almost) always been a fan of Melanie's, and I'm growing to like Nathan a lot, too. She's wonderful comic relief, and I don't mind her showing up so much in other stories. She works at the hospital and lives with Maggie, so it makes sense that she knows everybody; plus, she has the type of personality that likes to butt into everyone's business.

That's why I suspect there's something the viewers aren't being told about. If Victor becomes a full-fledged unredeemable villain once again I'm going to be mighty pissed at Dena, Chris and Gary.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 1 2009, 08:03 PM
I don't think we're supposed to forget Victor's part in Brady's rehab stay. Him as a kingpin is business. Brady is his grandson and family. No matter how much money Victor receives from the drug cartel, he's not going to want to see his grandson hooked on drugs, so of course Victor's going to put him rehab. Victor has no problem being responsible for others getting hooked on drugs, just as long as it's no one in his family. That's very believable for me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

sungrey
Sep 1 2009, 08:20 PM
That's why I suspect there's something the viewers aren't being told about. If Victor becomes a full-fledged unredeemable villain once again I'm going to be mighty pissed at Dena, Chris and Gary.
He's just in the drug cartel business again. That's what he was in before. Of course he can be redeemed in the future. If Victor can be redeemed after the way he treated Nicole while they were first married, and everything he put Shane and Kimberly through in the 80s, he can surely be redeemed for this.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

It just goes to show how little Nicole knows about the Dimera's. She's a bumbling idiot next to Stefano. I kept cheering Stefano on with his little outbursts of anger towards Nicole's ineptness.

I almost believe Danloe might have a future once they are done humping, I have had my doubts that they could hold a 10 min conversation but Dan sold me today that he does love her.

Nathan and Melanie are another pair of do-dos, they were on the suckey side.

LH has added almost too much warmth to the character because I was really surprised that they had the marathon sex session. I need to forget about FT I guess. I will say when Brady told Ari that she was beautiful I believed him as opposed to when he said it to FT's Ari. One of my worries about the Brianna pairing is that EM will be swallowed up by LH and I am seeing a few signs of that already, keeping my fingers crossed.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I really enjoyed today's episode. I love seeing Victor returning to his old roots. I'm excited for this Victor/Arianna/Brady stuff. I'm guessing though Arianna will probably end up being an FBI agent or something.

I wish the producers would actually try making Chloe look like she's on life support though. I'm guessing that's the producers choice since Nadia's had no problems in the past grunging down.

sungrey

DrewHamilton
Sep 1 2009, 08:27 PM
sungrey
Sep 1 2009, 08:20 PM
He's just in the drug cartel business again. That's what he was in before. Of course he can be redeemed in the future. If Victor can be redeemed after the way he treated Nicole while they were first married, and everything he put Shane and Kimberly through in the 80s, he can surely be redeemed for this.
The nice thing about the 80s was his past love for Caroline was a redeeming quality Victor had... now it's almost like Caroline's disappeared off the canvas once again, which is what I feared might happen. And you're right. He can always be redeemed or come out smelling like a rose. I still think something's going on. :)

Alligato
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 1 2009, 11:38 PM
LH has added almost too much warmth to the character because I was really surprised that they had the marathon sex session. I need to forget about FT I guess. I will say when Brady told Ari that she was beautiful I believed him as opposed to when he said it to FT's Ari. One of my worries about the Brianna pairing is that EM will be swallowed up by LH and I am seeing a few signs of that already, keeping my fingers crossed.
I agree. It's almost like a different character. LH is gorgeous, warm, almost silly and smiles often. FT barely broke a smile, was stiff, standoffish, etc. LH defintely commands the scene over EM, where he was dominant in FT scenes.
I still don't feel this awesome chemistry between the two. Granted, they seem way more comfortable with each other, but their sex was just too easy. Sex on an outdoor lounger? Romantic. I would prefer Bricole over Brianna. Still waiting for Arianna and EJ.
But I must admit...LH is such an improvement.

Rafe is still coming off as this pissy little bitch. It just kills me that Sami stopped with the Emily badgering, but let's him dig away into her life. I have been okay with Rafe up until recently, and now I find him as a presumtuous, selfcentered asshat. And Sami just rolls over when he is around. I hate it.
AS looked beautiful today.

SC/Dr. Dan keeps giving Melanie these little eye rolling looks. Its amusing

Lucas' intent on taking Chloe off life support is crazy...doesn't anyone question why he isn't happy his wife is getting better?

Love that Victor and Stefano are given the chance to be big bad asses again. Those two just really make the show for me sometimes.

Tori

I used to feel bad for the Vets that got fired but I don't anymore at least they don't have to deliver and be associated with this awful material.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I thought Joe Mascolo absolutely rocked his scenes yesterday. It was so nice to see Stefano pull out that threatening, menacing side to his character - we see it so rarely these days. And his utter frustration with Nicole was well done - it's about time he unload on her. I was pleasantly surprised to see real fear when he talked about what would happen if EJ finds out he has been helping her deceive him - it was nice to see just that little touch of vulnerability. He was great, throughout. And I do have to say that I'm glad they didn't have Nicole react in horror that Doc Baker is dead - she was all about covering her own ass and couldn't have cared less the guy was killed. THAT is the Nicole we've always known...but lately I've felt the writers were trying too hard to make her sympathetic and killing some of the core qualities that define the character. So again...well done.

Safe...I got nothin'.

Brady and Arianna...I guess I was expecting to feel more. I absolutely adore Eric Martsolf, and I've been pleasantly surprised by Lindsay Hartley thus far - but I just am not seeing any of this great chemistry the two are reported to have. And in a way, it pisses me off. I know Eric M can be a very hot, very convincing leading man - and in the few scenes he had with Ari Z where it looked like they were heading in that direction I could definitely see their potential - so why am I getting a big, fat zero from EM and LH? As someone else said, maybe it's because LH is actually overwhelming EM in their scenes. I'm not quite sure what it is...but I hope they fix it.

Loved Nathan and Melanie working together to help Daniel out! The two of them just make me smile. I will say I'm getting a little tired of hearing Daniel say "You will come back to me, Chloe" every other line. And at this point, why don't they just dress Lauren Koslow in black and put her up on wires so she can circle over Chloe's hospital bed like a proper vulture? :eyeroll: I'm not sure what the deal was, but Bryan D was looking a little worse for the wear in yesterday's episode. I suppose it fits with the story...but he just looked to me like he didn't feel good or something.

And I don't know where they are going with Victor and this drug thing...but me likey. :) More John Aniston, and in an intriguing story, makes me a happy girl. ;)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

From the trivia today, Renee Jones and Shawn Christian look so good together. Why couldn't we have gone with Daniel and Lexie rather than Daniel and Chelsea, Daniel and Kate and now Daniel and Chloe.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2009, 02:22 PM
From the trivia today, Renee Jones and Shawn Christian look so good together. Why couldn't we have gone with Daniel and Lexie rather than Daniel and Chelsea, Daniel and Kate and now Daniel and Chloe.
Because that would have been the smart thing to do.

Cupcake06

Oh, that would make me a happy camper! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2009, 02:22 PM
For once they didn't want to go the predictable route LOL.

I honestly have no idea why they didn't. When SC first joined, they did hint at potentially going there. They even had Abe suspicious for awhile. Perhaps we may have gotten it had Tomlin not came in. I firmly believe Daniel and Chloe are his brainchild as their coupling started shortly after he came on and there wasn't a hint of it before his arrival. Chloe was gravitating back toward Philip but Tomlin came on and all of a sudden Philip was tossed toward Steph and Melanie and Chloe was tossed toward Daniel.

I also have to agree with you about Victor. He's not just going to give up aspects of his business because of what happened with Brady. Even when Victor was softened in the 90's (and it wasn't so much softened as it was the writers choosing to ignore the shady/dark side to Victor's character and the Kiriakis family), he was never truly redeemed. He was no longer a main character and when he did appear the show simply focused on Titan and the side of the Kiriakis business that was on the up and up. No redemption is necessary with Victor unless they have him harm one of his children or something. I really like that they are returning Victor to his roots.

I can't say enough how much I love Lindsey Hartley as Arianna. I just love how the show seemed to time the recast just in time with Arianna's story beginning to heat up. Eric and Lindsey still have chemistry. I'm not sure if I want them together long-term but they are great for now.

I also have to say I loved Nicole and Stefano yesterday. Classic Stefano, especially with the lawyer. Loved Sami and Rafe.

I also love that this Chloe stuff is finally moving and I love how Chloe saying "Daniel" signaled a major change in Lucas. Good seeing Maggie too. Involving Melanie and Nathan in this was smart. It brought them closer and I also love the new pink scrubs on Melanie. Better then her old uniform.

Shelley Hennig looked great today. She's been looking great all summer. The show has been doing a much better job with hairstyles and wardrobe lately.

I loved the trivia this week too. The Ali, Lauren, and Ari one was hysterical, as was the Molly, Mark, and Joe one where Joe scared the hell out of Molly LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 2 2009, 02:46 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Sep 2 2009, 02:44 PM
I firmly believe Daniel and Chloe are his brainchild as their coupling started shortly after he came on and there wasn't a hint of it before his arrival. Chloe was gravitating back toward Philip but Tomlin came on and all of a sudden Philip was tossed toward Steph and Melanie and Chloe was tossed toward Daniel.
What's curious about this is that when the news came out that Philip and Morgan were breaking up and Philip was acknowledging still loving Chloe, JKJ was quoted as saying Gary Tomlin told him he loved his chemistry with Nadia and he wanted to explore the Phloe history. But after the Phorgan breakup scene, there was one scene with Philip and Nicole where they talked about his feelings for Chloe and then, as we all know, nothing happened. It was like that never happened. I've always wondered what happened, and why Tomlin told Jay that if he had plans for Danloe and Philip/Stephanie.
Edited by Paxton, Sep 2 2009, 02:53 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply