Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 8/31 - 9/4
Topic Started: Aug 31 2009, 01:18 PM (5,012 Views)
Notime
Member Avatar

I didn't watch today's eppy yet, but have to agree with everyone about LH. Even though it's only been two days she has brought some life/spunk to the character. Iím looking forward to see how all this drug business plays out.

I'm not a Danole fan, so wrap this s/l already.
Edited by Notime, Sep 2 2009, 02:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't believe I forgot to mention Melanie's new scrubs. Hallelujah! Someone finally listened to us.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Sep 2 2009, 02:52 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 2 2009, 02:44 PM
I firmly believe Daniel and Chloe are his brainchild as their coupling started shortly after he came on and there wasn't a hint of it before his arrival. Chloe was gravitating back toward Philip but Tomlin came on and all of a sudden Philip was tossed toward Steph and Melanie and Chloe was tossed toward Daniel.
What's curious about this is that when the news came out that Philip and Morgan were breaking up and Philip was acknowledging still loving Chloe, JKJ was quoted as saying Gary Tomlin told him he loved his chemistry with Nadia and he wanted to explore the Phloe history. But after the Phorgan breakup scene, there was one scene with Philip and Nicole where they talked about his feelings for Chloe and then, as we all know, nothing happened. It was like that never happened. I've always wondered what happened, and why Tomlin told Jay that if he had plans for Danloe and Philip/Stephanie.
I remember that. Clearly, it was either BS or he had a change of heart. Maybe it had something to do with Shelley and Jay's rumored real life relationship. Maybe Gary saw them together and liked what he saw. Who knows. Something changed, I guess.

Personally, I see why they paired Philip/Stephanie and Chloe/Daniel. I just wish they hadn't rushed with Chloe and Daniel. It came off like it was all sex in the beginning and then the show seemed to commit to them being a "destined" couple. It was clear they weren't thinking long-term with them in the beginning and somewhere along the way that changed.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Uh oh, Brady and Ari are starting to remind me of Danloe with all the sex and flashbacks. LH is 100% the right choice for the role but I am not ready to jump on the Brianna ship yet, while I see chemistry I am not seeing fire. Brianna might fall in the Danloe-is-only-interesting-with-Kate bracket now that Victor is weaved into their story.

Gardening Gloves! I smell an OJ moment coming. Lucas was good especially his last line today!!! Kate is going to get herself busted. I wonder if Kate and Dan get it on tomorrow since he's in her room and took a good swig of booze.

The best part of today's show was Phillip's OH SHIT look.

Casting is doing a great job of finding creepy perverts.

Ariel

SocRMum1
Sep 2 2009, 09:37 AM

And at this point, why don't they just dress Lauren Koslow in black and put her up on wires so she can circle over Chloe's hospital bed like a proper vulture? :eyeroll:

:applause: :lol: LMAO, and it would be so Passions like!

Days4Life

Loved the look on Victor's face when he invited Arianna over for dinner. Will we be getting another famously uncomfortable Kiriakis dinner party? I'm really looking forward to Victor versus Arianna now that LH is in the role. Should be good! I still don't really understand how Victor could run a drug ring and yet care so much that Brady is an addict, but I think that's more because of my moral code than the storyline. I guess it's like the Mafia and how they are so protective of their families and yet will gun down anyone else that crosses them. Anyway, it should be a good story, and I'm looking forward to it.

Kate is doing a great job poisoning Lucas's mind, but it's getting to be pretty obvious that she has no interest in Chloe recovering. It's good to see Lucas developing a backbone and refusing to play the fool any more, but he picked a bad time to do it. He really doesn't want to get tangled in Kate's web!

Loved the look on Melanie's face and her line delivery when Stephanie showed off her ring...again. This on/off stuff with Stephanie and Philip is doing nothing to endear me to a couple I'm already not crazy about. I will have to say that Stephanie is looking gorgeous lately. That mature, businesswoman look they gave her when she was at Titan was terrible; the casual look is much better, and her hairstyle is lovely.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 2 2009, 06:06 PM
I still don't really understand how Victor could run a drug ring and yet care so much that Brady is an addict, but I think that's more because of my moral code than the storyline. I guess it's like the Mafia and how they are so protective of their families and yet will gun down anyone else that crosses them.
Victor has been giving off such a Godfather vibe lately with all his "The Family" talk and such. I remember a scene from that movie (or another mobster movie) where they decide to sell drugs but they put limitations on it like no selling to kids, etc. There's also been other movies, I want to say Blow, where the dealers dont do drugs to keep a clear mind. At any rate, I totally buy the hipocracy.

shaw
Member Avatar

Tori
Aug 31 2009, 05:54 PM
There is a reason why Passions had the lowest ratings and was cancelled. Today just reminded us! Way to go KC! Today was the biggest bunch of contrived crap!
ITA. I had pain in body parts I did not know I had. Good thing i watch ion youtube where i can just either fast forward or next clip.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I've tried watching the last few episodes and the show is just... ugh.

Melanie and Nathan are boring. Stephanie and Philip are boring. Kate and Daniel are boring. Sami and Rafe are boring. The Nicole plot has dragged on forever. I don't care about Lucas and Chloe. It's all so "meh." Nothing interests me.

Why is Lucas so upset that Chloe wants Daniel? Actually, why does Lucas care about that boring bitch to begin with? They were a mismatched pair from day one. I don't buy that he has feelings for her. The same goes for Kate and Daniel. What the fuck is that?

I hate the pacing of the show. Every episode teases and foreshadows the next... but then you tune in the next day and it's just another fluff tease with no real progression. Very rarely do things actually happen. The "big" story beat never comes, and if it does, it simply fails to deliver. The daily episodes are so slow. What I watched today felt like a rerun of yesterday... and what I watched yesterday felt like a rerun of the day before that. Compare that to ATWT, which felt vibrant and alive when I watched it this afternoon. Things actually happened. Characters shifted around and stories progressed. Then I watched Days and I wanted to fall asleep.

The pacing wouldn't be so bad if the stories were at least entertaining, but they're not. Mind you, I've only watched the last four episodes... but the show appears to be spinning its wheels and going nowhere at the same time. The usual for Days. It looks like things are happening, but at the end of the day, the foundation of the plot remains untouched while everything else is either inconsequential or flat out boring. Filler and trickery. It's like the writers are afraid to actually wrap up a story and brainstorm a new idea, so they play the "two steps forward and three steps back" game instead.

Then we've got the shitty production values. I just can't get over how ugly the show is. It's very jarring. So cheap looking. Whoever does the lighting should be shot. Why are all the characters soooooo PINK!? I watch the show and all I can think is "vagina." This is a soap opera, for God's sake. Light it as such! What ever happened to "setting the mood?" I mean, I don't mind the Brady Pub being lit like a vagina, but the DiMera mansion? Dim that bitch!

Carly and Vivian can't get here fast enough. Hopefully they'll take some airtime away from these dumbass tweens.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

vagina :laugh:

sungrey

Ariel
Sep 2 2009, 05:26 PM
SocRMum1
Sep 2 2009, 09:37 AM

And at this point, why don't they just dress Lauren Koslow in black and put her up on wires so she can circle over Chloe's hospital bed like a proper vulture? :eyeroll:

:applause: :lol: LMAO, and it would be so Passions like!

LMAO... the minute THAT happened I'd be in Pine Valley. :laugh:

Vagina??
Edited by sungrey, Sep 3 2009, 12:57 AM.

sungrey

What in God's name is a Cheerios commercial doing on Days IN THE MIDDLE OF A SCENE????

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

sungrey
Sep 3 2009, 12:12 PM
What in God's name is a Cheerios commercial doing on Days IN THE MIDDLE OF A SCENE????
If soaps are to survive, they have to do it. I'm surprised you've never seen it on other soaps before. Product placement is all over the soaps, most of it pretty damn blatant (meaning annoying LOL).

I actually give Days major kudos. It was much better then the one Bo and Hope had in June that got cut from the actual US airing of the show and much better then most of the other product placements they've done. They actually worked it into the scene quite well and Molly and Mark really sold it well. It didn't come off as forced.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

victor really couldn't have made it more obvious that something is going on with kate. i have to wonder where they are taking this story in regards to lucas. he's been privy to most of the imcriminating things kate has said in the past few days, and given that he has already heard daniel's side of the story, i wonder how much he suspects kate. is he really just a clueless idiot that doesn't want to believe kate capable of this? or does he know deep down she did it and feels chloe deserved it?

this bo/hope bullshit is so contrived. if the truth is that dean can't legally accept the award money(and i can't imagine bo is making that up) then why is hope so pissed about it? why did she get into law enforcement if she has no interest in enforcing laws? don't even get me started on her whiny line about how she is sure bo would tattle on her.

i actually thought today's product placement was more successful than the last one, that awful tyson's chicken fingers scene with max and chelsea. nathan and melanie pulled off the cheerios spot with much less awkwardness, but to be fair, all product placements are somewhat awkward. it is what it is.

i wonder why the hotel clerk leaked the phil/melanie video onto the internet. i was under the impression that his aim was to blackmail them, not humiliate them.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

sungrey
More cheerios promotions,geeze,though I still think the Midol plug was much worse last year.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I liked Hope and Justin today. Kristian and Wally have nice chemistry.

Even though I can't see Bo and Hope being apart forever, I think it would be nice to break 'em up for a while and pair Hope with Justin and Bo with Carly. That quad could actually work since Justin and Carly have a real history on the show.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm all for a Justin, Hope, Bo and Carly quad...i think this could be very successful..

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loved loved loved Lucas declaring his hatred for Chloe at the start of the episode. Bring on evil Lucas!

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
Sep 3 2009, 12:36 PM
sungrey
If soaps are to survive, they have to do it. I'm surprised you've never seen it on other soaps before. Product placement is all over the soaps, most of it pretty damn blatant (meaning annoying LOL).

I actually give Days major kudos. It was much better then the one Bo and Hope had in June that got cut from the actual US airing of the show and much better then most of the other product placements they've done. They actually worked it into the scene quite well and Molly and Mark really sold it well. It didn't come off as forced.
As a writer, if a network came to me and said do this product placement, I'd walk. There is no way I'd allow a script to be tarnished like that. But that's just me. For the record, I didn't care for the blatant product placement on GL.

If they're so intent on product placement, have it be one of the actual commercials. I saw something on YouTube last night where Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore were raving about the cleaning power of Joy, all the while in character as Rob and Laura. That I could take.
Edited by sungrey, Sep 3 2009, 04:48 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply