Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of September 14th; *UPDATED 9/12*
Topic Started: Sep 1 2009, 03:33 PM (11,448 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

ITA with the Cedeno comment. Although, I did like Brandon when he shared scenes with Renee Jones as well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 2 2009, 08:32 AM
I can't stand Rafe either as a character. Galen sucks and the character is so damn bland.
That seems to be the opinion of most Days fans-me included :cheer:

michelle
Member Avatar

I loved Sami and Brandon together.

BongoBonkers
Member Avatar

Wow Rafe is big pimping go figure. I'm sick of Rafe.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW Spoilers
-Sami decides to stay at the convent.
-Rafe spies on Brady and Nicole.
-Kate turns to Stefano.
-Chad offers Mia support.

PHELLE FOREVER

Angie79
Sep 3 2009, 01:07 PM
SOW Spoilers
-Rafe spies on Brady and Nicole.
-Kate turns to Stefano.
-Chad offers Mia support.
Wow, aside from the Chad and Mia,thing, aren't these the SAME spoilers we got last year. Too funny,lmao. :lol: Thanks for posting, Angie!

Tori

No matter how much Tomlin and Higley pimp GG/Rafe it isn't going to fly. This character is just flat and not interesting. I don't like him with Sami, I don't like him with anyone for that matter. If he is going to be the hero many people are going to be rooting for the villain!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Sep 3 2009, 01:07 PM
Is she taking the veil? Why does she need to stay at the convent? Didn't she just pack her kids off to Europe, well, except for Will who doesn't need much supervision? Should be nice and quiet at her mom's townhouse.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

desertgal

Tori
Sep 3 2009, 01:24 PM
No matter how much Tomlin and Higley pimp GG/Rafe it isn't going to fly. This character is just flat and not interesting. I don't like him with Sami, I don't like him with anyone for that matter. If he is going to be the hero many people are going to be rooting for the villain!
Thank goodness everyone has the right to their own opinion. I love Galen Gering and I think he is doing a great job as Rafe.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kirk
Sep 2 2009, 08:44 AM
I don't need to be told I can like Rafe even if I despise Safe. I think GG is one of the most boring actors in all of daytime and wish he were never cast on DAYS.
Thank you!!! ITA!!

mirabella

Tori
You are entitled to your opinion but there are many of us who do like Galen Gering/Rafe and love him with Sami. He is being written and played as the hero, no question about that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kitkat
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 2 2009, 05:34 AM
kitkat
Sep 1 2009, 06:21 PM
I know about this last statement tons of Rafe haters will make their nasty comments, but remember YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE SAFE TO LIKE RAFE.
So you think people dislike Rafe because they don't like the couple? That they are Ejami or Lumi fans?

Well that's not true, I hate Rafe because he is played by a shitty actor.
I never said that, but I know one thing, you have a fulgar mouth. And this is not a personal thing, it's just a comment I always make. A lot of people down Rafe, because they don't like Sami & Rafe together. So you don't, who cares? How much acting have you ever done to be a judge? I have acted, have you? But either way, opinions are everybody's personal right, even mine! I like Rafe figuring it out, but EJ might discover it on his own, don't think he'll tell Sami though.

kitkat
Member Avatar

desertgal
Sep 3 2009, 05:03 PM
Tori
Thank goodness everyone has the right to their own opinion. I love Galen Gering and I think he is doing a great job as Rafe.
I do like Rafe, and usually better when he's not with Sami. I liked Galen Gering on Passions but not with Sheridan, liked him with Fancy. Did you ever think that they have wrote him as flat, Allison Sweeney has commented several times that he's very funny. I love when he questions someone and bats his eyes, and keeps changing & repeating the question like he's saying "okay, you're lying." I like them together in the safe house, and some after they got back, but now their starting to irritate. Sami at the covent sounds very interesting, maybe she'll question sister Agnes about Rafe's past. I think it's gonna be pretty interesting. No matter what I can't hate the Rafe.

Nicole Walker

I also like Rafe. So nice to be able to root for the good guy for a change. He's not dumbed down for the bad guys it's so refreshing.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

desertgal
Tori
I agree. Galen is doing a great job! And he is playing the character exactly as he is being directed to do. He has stated that TPTB like the way he is portraying Rafe. If they didn't, I am sure they would have him play the character differently. The actors can only do what they are given to do and do that the way they are told to.

CapeSafe

magicsteacher
Sep 4 2009, 06:03 AM
desertgal
Tori
I agree. Galen is doing a great job! And he is playing the character exactly as he is being directed to do. He has stated that TPTB like the way he is portraying Rafe. If they didn't, I am sure they would have him play the character differently. The actors can only do what they are given to do and do that the way they are told to.
ITA.... Never watched Passions, but have gone back to catch the earlier episodes on Youtube. His acting has greatly improved and he has developed the character of Rafe that makes you want to root for him. It is easy to see how comfortable he and Ali work together, so let's hope TPTB get them back together SOON !! :wub:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie.

I hate Rafe and I hated the Luis character as well. Boring is just about the worst thing an actor can be. Moreover GG has made me cringe watching AS trying to make up for the vacuum in the ridiculous Safe scenes. It is painful watching him act like a automaton and watching her bounce off the walls trying to fill the scene with some emotion. Personally I wish Hilda had come out of WP to be Sami's friend and the bodyguard never had.

Finally, Tomlin is screwing up the babyswitch storyline, which is nothing new, but this final segment is maddening. It has been drug out for far too long. That is not unusual with this type of story but the lazy writers did not make the interim before the reveal even a bit interesting. The audience has been teased with no payoff since April. It has been like Groundhog Day for four months!!!!!!!! And now, to prop the Passions Pet, Doofus is the one to be in the center of the reveal. This storyline is about EJ, Sami and Nicole-not boring Rafe. I cannot wait for Rafe to go missing. Hopefully he will never return.
Edited by pspcindy, Sep 4 2009, 11:34 AM.

Tori

kitkat
Sep 4 2009, 12:55 AM
Sindacco
Sep 2 2009, 05:34 AM
kitkat
Sep 1 2009, 06:21 PM
I know about this last statement tons of Rafe haters will make their nasty comments, but remember YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE SAFE TO LIKE RAFE.
So you think people dislike Rafe because they don't like the couple? That they are Ejami or Lumi fans?

Well that's not true, I hate Rafe because he is played by a shitty actor.
I never said that, but I know one thing, you have a fulgar mouth. And this is not a personal thing, it's just a comment I always make. A lot of people down Rafe, because they don't like Sami & Rafe together. So you don't, who cares? How much acting have you ever done to be a judge? I have acted, have you? But either way, opinions are everybody's personal right, even mine! I like Rafe figuring it out, but EJ might discover it on his own, don't think he'll tell Sami though.
Well I have acted, judged and directed and I think that Galen is a so so actor and one of the weakest actors on Days and Daytime! Nice guy but he isn't the best. But he isn't the worst either.

michelle
Member Avatar

Rafe is a nosy perv who should be locked up due to his peeping tom ways and breaking and entering into homes and posing as repairmen.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mirabella
Sep 4 2009, 12:13 AM
Tori
You are entitled to your opinion but there are many of us who do like Galen Gering/Rafe and love him with Sami. He is being written and played as the hero, no question about that.
I don't find it heroic when he inserts himself in to people's lives, demanding to know things that have nothing to do with him, stealing their personal property (cell phones, Doc Baker's wallet, etc) and as has been spoiled, later
Spoiler: click to toggle
Seriously? WTF does this guy think he is?

And don't even get me started on the illegal adoption, forged birth certificate, breaking and entering the DiMera mansion, etc.

The guy is a failed FBI reject that can't hold a job. Some hero. :eyeroll:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply