Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of September 14th; *UPDATED 9/12*
Topic Started: Sep 1 2009, 03:33 PM (11,451 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

kitkat
Sep 4 2009, 12:55 AM
How much acting have you ever done to be a judge?
Since when do you have to be an actor to criticize someone who's on your screen almost everyday? That's absurd. I don't need to be an actor to know what I like in a performance or to know that Gering sucks. When the only a response an actor illicits from me is snoring, I certainly don't take that as a sign of good acting skills.
Edited by Mason, Sep 4 2009, 12:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 4 2009, 10:01 AM
mirabella
Sep 4 2009, 12:13 AM
Tori
Sep 3 2009, 01:24 PM
No matter how much Tomlin and Higley pimp GG/Rafe it isn't going to fly. This character is just flat and not interesting. I don't like him with Sami, I don't like him with anyone for that matter. If he is going to be the hero many people are going to be rooting for the villain!
You are entitled to your opinion but there are many of us who do like Galen Gering/Rafe and love him with Sami. He is being written and played as the hero, no question about that.
I don't find it heroic when he inserts himself in to people's lives, demanding to know things that have nothing to do with him, stealing their personal property (cell phones, Doc Baker's wallet, etc) and as has been spoiled, later
Spoiler: click to toggle
Seriously? WTF does this guy think he is?

And don't even get me started on the illegal adoption, forged birth certificate, breaking and entering the DiMera mansion, etc.

The guy is a failed FBI reject that can't hold a job. Some hero. :eyeroll:
Should EJ then be locked up for 2 attempted murders of Philip, a kidnapping of Stephanie, and having Brady beaten up? Gosh, if Rafe should be locked up for taking a cell phone, and breaking and entering, then I sure think EJ ought to be right there beside him for all the crimes he has committed. let's face it, rafe's "crimes" pale in comparison to Ej's.

And let's not forget to get Nicole now, too. She stole someone's baby and now stole Sami's mail-- i think that's a federal offense.

And once again, if Rafe is a flat character, then that is how he is being written and directed to be. GG doesn't write his own scripts, he is not the director or producer of the show. He, like anyother actor on the show, is given a script to memorize and plays the part the way he is being told to do it. If they didn't think he was being successful at it, then I am sure TPTB would change the character and the way it is played.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 4 2009, 03:09 PM
And once again, if Rafe is a flat character, then that is how he is being written and directed to be. GG doesn't write his own scripts, he is not the director or producer of the show. He, like anyother actor on the show, is given a script to memorize and plays the part the way he is being told to do it. If they didn't think he was being successful at it, then I am sure TPTB would change the character and the way it is played.
Somehow I doubt that Alison Sweeney's love interest is being told to be boring and lifeless. But if he is, Gering certainly has that down pat.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
SocRMum1
Sep 4 2009, 10:01 AM
mirabella
Sep 4 2009, 12:13 AM
Tori
Sep 3 2009, 01:24 PM
No matter how much Tomlin and Higley pimp GG/Rafe it isn't going to fly. This character is just flat and not interesting. I don't like him with Sami, I don't like him with anyone for that matter. If he is going to be the hero many people are going to be rooting for the villain!
You are entitled to your opinion but there are many of us who do like Galen Gering/Rafe and love him with Sami. He is being written and played as the hero, no question about that.
I don't find it heroic when he inserts himself in to people's lives, demanding to know things that have nothing to do with him, stealing their personal property (cell phones, Doc Baker's wallet, etc) and as has been spoiled, later
Spoiler: click to toggle
Seriously? WTF does this guy think he is?

And don't even get me started on the illegal adoption, forged birth certificate, breaking and entering the DiMera mansion, etc.

The guy is a failed FBI reject that can't hold a job. Some hero. :eyeroll:
Should EJ then be locked up for 2 attempted murders of Philip, a kidnapping of Stephanie, and having Brady beaten up? Gosh, if Rafe should be locked up for taking a cell phone, and breaking and entering, then I sure think EJ ought to be right there beside him for all the crimes he has committed. let's face it, rafe's "crimes" pale in comparison to Ej's.

And let's not forget to get Nicole now, too. She stole someone's baby and now stole Sami's mail-- i think that's a federal offense.

I wasn't talking about EJ or Nicole or anyone other than Rafe. And I never said he should be locked up. I simply said I don't find him to be a hero.

I'm a firm believer that the writers/directors work within the actor's range. GG's character is being written/directed as he can play him - not the other way around. I didn't watch Passions, but I've heard many others say Rafe is not very different from the character (Luis?) he played on that show. I think there's a reason for that. It's all he can play.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 4 2009, 03:41 PM
magicsteacher
Somehow I doubt that Alison Sweeney's love interest is being told to be boring and lifeless. But if he is, Gering certainly has that down pat.
Perhaps the writers want Rafe to be a flat character at this point. He is IMO, supposed to be the strong, silent type and the complete opposite of EJ. If they were written with the same personality, then that would defeat the purpose of the character. When Sister Agnes told Sami about Rafe, she told her that he was a quiet person, a good man with a good heart. GG said in his one interview that Rafe has had a lot of tragedies in his life, and doesn't deal well with personal conflict. I don't think he is supposed to be flamboyant at this point. When his whole back story comes out, I think we will find out why.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

He doesn't have to be flamboyant. I don't want him to be Elton John, LoL! Just some kind of personality would be nice.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 4 2009, 08:33 PM
He doesn't have to be flamboyant. I don't want him to be Elton John, LoL! Just some kind of personality would be nice.
Exactly! We can go through a long list of characters from this show - past and present - who weren't 'flamboyant' but who still were engaging and enjoyable to watch. Brady, Nathan, Nick, Max, Philip...none of these guys are what I would call 'flamboyant' but I don't have the urge to nap every time they show up on screen.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

CDN TV Guide Spoilers

Monday
Justin is released from the hospital and is called to the DA's office; Arianna wants to quit her undercover operation.

Tuesday
Mia decides to tell Will the truth about her pregnancy; Sami stays at the convent in hopes of finding direction in her life.

Wednesday
Rafe spies on Brady and Nicole; Melanie and Nathan are arrested by Roman

Thursday
Arianna and Rafe discuss Nicole's miscarriage; Will reconciles with Mia and assures her that he'll keep quiet.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Oh boy...Arianna is working undercover. SHOCKER...not. :eyeroll:

Thanks for posting, Angie!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Whoa! Next week is the Nicole miscarriage reveal? How the hell did Rafe find that out? Dude just needs to mind his own damn business...I can't tell you how pissed I am that he is figuring all of this out when it should be EJ...or really ANYONE else other than Rafe with his own big ass secret that he'll rip you a new one if you even try to find out about it! Ugh!

Thanks for sharing, Angie!

pixiedust

He's not flat, he's just drawn that way ;) (lol this thread reminds me of the Jessica Rabbit line!)

ntsh69

I did watch Passions from beginning to end, and I too always thought that Galen was a mediocre actor. He seemed to struggle when it came to really showing emotion. When he first started to air on Days, I felt his acting had come a long way. He does seem to have lapses into his boring persona, but he has improved. I remember a day when a very young Alison Sweeny came onto the scene...I thought she was an awful actress at the time, but look what she has blossomed into now. She is one of the best, and one of my favorites!!!

bambamm

I don't think GG is a "shitty" actor at all, and believe me I know what true "shitty" actors are like. While I don't think GG is the most polished actor, he is definitely improving. I will say that he is certainly very inconsistent in his acting. There is definitely potential and room for growth. One of his best scenes yet was when Grace died. Thus, that is enough evidence to demonstrate that he is a capable and competent actor. I think GG is doing a fine job. I thought he was quite good during the safe house scenes. Now, he falls a bit flat and sometimes, when he talks, he does makes this "tuh" sound which kind of annoys me, actually. But all in all, he is playing character a lot better than he played Luis from Passions. That's for sure. He has come a long way. After all, it hasn't even been a year since he's played the character. Give the guy a chance before your start scrutinizing people, especially if there are worse actors on the show than him.

kitkat
Member Avatar

:hail: Thank you bambamm! This is all I was saying.

If people don't like Rafe fine-- but the whole I like Rafe, I don't , I do, I don't, is getting irritating.

To the people who don't like Rafe, you're entitled to your opinion; but those of us that do are too.

As notice to further arguments about this, those of you who don't care for Rafe are not going to make us Rafe likers, hate him too. No arguments are going to do it. And to those on the fence, they're going to make up their own mind.

Can Rafe be a bit flat, maybe sometimes, if I recall correctly I believe Allison Sweeney once gave a possible explation for problems with the bedroom scenes. If my memory holds true, she said everytime they turn the cameras away he makes a joke. There have been many that say Galen is very funny. Flat in other scenes, maybe, but then there are other scenes that make me feel like saying, OMG Rafe you bad boy, and then others that make me laugh and intrigue me.

This is my opinion, and I realize it's not shared by everyone. But everyone is entitled to feel the way they do.

Back to the spoilers, first I think Rafe figures out the miscarriage by overhearing Brady & Nicole. I kinda like them together, he's kind of her conscience. Rafe, you bad boy, see I told you.

But he's always been a lurker, even when he worked for the FBI, I think it's in his blood and maybe his genes-- that remains to be scene.

Sami spends time at the convent, I think this will be good for her-- she needs to recenter herself. So many people have been wispering in her ear, it is now time for her to listen to that internal Sami and rediscover herself.

Melanie :cheer: what can I say I love love love that red headed spitfire, scenes with her again are the tops in my book.

So getting off the Sami/Rafe, argument, for a moment at least-- shout it out what do you think about Mel.

ges
Member Avatar

I've gotta agree with Alligato on that one. It seems very unfair to those of us that have been watching this baby story for what seems like forever, to have Robotic Rafe making all the discoveries and not E.J. The same thing happens with E.J. and nicole ad nauseum. He asks her a tough question. She gives him a bullshit story. He apologizes for not seeing things properly. Can we at least make him a little suspicious at this point? I mean, really.

Also, I can see this coming from a mile away. Brady thinks that Arianna used him to get closer to bringing down Victor. But she really was in love with him. How freaking original.

Nicole Walker

I agree about Rafe finding out about the baby switch before anybody else. I just can't believe that EJ isn't the one to figure it out. I think it would have had more punch to it but I guess Rafe had to be the hero here so that's why the writers did what they did.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Friday
Kate asks Stefano for help in silencing Daniel, but Stefano's assistance comes with a price

MrsDimera

Stefano's assistance comes with a price

Could this be his marriage proposal to Kate coming back into the story?

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Okay Tomlin I'm enraged but with Rafe all over this babyswitch reveal I am NOT engaged.

Can Meredith come on down today and take the sleepwalker with her ...forever? I really would like to watch this story but not with Mr. Roboto.

thanks for all the adds Angie.
Edited by pspcindy, Sep 5 2009, 08:14 PM.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Why is Rafe the one to find out the story of the switch first?

This is an easy question, other than that's the way it's written...

Rafe & EJ, two very intelligent men, both are vorceful, in their own ways-- and as such they have their personal strengths and weakness. These are not needed to be listed, they are obvious and would only be argued.

Rafe has lots of time on his hands specially since, dumb dumb, Stefano broke him & Sami up. Sami could have actually encouraged him to stop digging if she were with him. But now he feels he got nothing to loose, EJ, on the other hand, is being played by Nicole and Stefano. Nicole, will be seen for what she is a lyer, but Stefano is a control freak. EJ is gonna have problems there. The two men also grieve differently,

EJ just walks around full of angst, which may be the product of poor writing but it also is natual. Rafe, can't handle the grief, so he puts his mind completely off the subject. Whether Rafe would have desired to adopt Grace or not, it would have changed the grief is his heart. He may also be suspicious of Meridith's initial visit, he may think it's all tied up together, but we've yet to see any evidence of that. Rafe did say however, What is she doing in Salem, I wonder why she came back?

EJ's mind is being toyed with, and is also dwelling on the grief. So he hasn't had the time to completely question everything, but I think his time is coming.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply