Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of September 14th; *UPDATED 9/12*
Topic Started: Sep 1 2009, 03:33 PM (11,524 Views)
Chelikins
Member Avatar

I can't wait to see what happens when EJ finds out.. I mean the crap is gonna hit the fan.

Nicole has lied to him all these months. She didn't let him grieve over his actual daughter that she lost, she let him grieve over a child that isn't really his, and she is still keeping his real daughter's identity a secret.

Stefano has known all this and let it play out. How many more times is EJ gonna let him do it? And doesn't this just prove even more why Sami wanted to hide her pregnancy. She is afraid of Stefano... not EJ.

I truly like EJ with Nicole and with Sami both. I would be happy with a story line that would give EJ his due.. not write him as a stupid controlled puppet. He needs to get out from under Stefano and become his own man. I don't care with which woman as long as there are sparks... and I have seen it with both women.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marian

The shit SHOULD hit the fan... but with THESE writers, who knows what's going to happen. EJ may listen to Stefano's lies... Nicole may talk him round... who knows... I'm tired of waiting for what I know SHOULD happen and then seeing something else unfold that makes the whole story last longer.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

bambamm
Sep 5 2009, 12:15 AM
I don't think GG is a "shitty" actor at all, and believe me I know what true "shitty" actors are like. While I don't think GG is the most polished actor, he is definitely improving. I will say that he is certainly very inconsistent in his acting. There is definitely potential and room for growth. One of his best scenes yet was when Grace died. Thus, that is enough evidence to demonstrate that he is a capable and competent actor. I think GG is doing a fine job. I thought he was quite good during the safe house scenes. Now, he falls a bit flat and sometimes, when he talks, he does makes this "tuh" sound which kind of annoys me, actually. But all in all, he is playing character a lot better than he played Luis from Passions. That's for sure. He has come a long way. After all, it hasn't even been a year since he's played the character. Give the guy a chance before your start scrutinizing people, especially if there are worse actors on the show than him.
ITA with you. He hasn't been on the show a year , and his character hasn't been totally developed yet. I,too, think that people are judging him prematurely and he needs to be given a chance.

I still feel that if Rafe were not with Sami and they were not in love, people wouldn't be so concerned with Rafe and his acting ability and his finding out about the baby switch story.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Sami has nothing to do with why I don't like Rafe. I have never liked characters shoved down my throat (didn't like EJ shoved either). Don't like the fact that the writers blatantly tell me which character or couple to root for by pairing couples together before we get to know any of them as individuals.

Mason
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 8 2009, 07:26 AM
ITA with you. He hasn't been on the show a year , and his character hasn't been totally developed yet. I,too, think that people are judging him prematurely and he needs to be given a chance.
He's been on the show a little over 10 months now. How much longer do we need to wait before judging him?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Exactly. And prior to that he was on Passions for what? 9 years?

The man has been at this for a decade or so. If he hasn't 'improved' to the point to sell a character in 10 months then I won't hold my breath.

You've either got the talent or you don't.

He doesn't. :shrug:

lili
Member Avatar

Tori
Sep 3 2009, 01:24 PM
No matter how much Tomlin and Higley pimp GG/Rafe it isn't going to fly. This character is just flat and not interesting. I don't like him with Sami, I don't like him with anyone for that matter. If he is going to be the hero many people are going to be rooting for the villain!
ICAM.... Rafe is so bland and there is NO HEAT whatsoever with him and Sami.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 8 2009, 10:58 AM

The man has been at this for a decade or so. If he hasn't 'improved' to the point to sell a character in 10 months then I won't hold my breath.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 8 2009, 11:56 AM
SocRMum1
Sep 8 2009, 10:58 AM

And what storyline have they given him to sell him as a character? First, he was an FBI agent, now he is a construction worker (?) and Sami's significant other. I don't think the writers settled on what his character and s/l was going to be until lately.
They have done the same thing with Brady? What exactly is his role? His character hasn't been developed very well yet either. This is the fault of the writers, not the actors.

Chelikins
Member Avatar

Hate to seem newbish.. but what is ITA and ICAM mean? Thanks

Deleted User
Deleted User

Chelikins
Sep 8 2009, 12:11 PM
Hate to seem newbish.. but what is ITA and ICAM mean? Thanks
ITA = I totally agree.

ICAM - I couldn't agree more.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 8 2009, 11:59 AM
And what storyline have they given him to sell him as a character? First, he was an FBI agent, now he is a construction worker (?) and Sami's significant other. I don't think the writers settled on what his character and s/l was going to be until lately.
They have done the same thing with Brady? What exactly is his role? His character hasn't been developed very well yet either. This is the fault of the writers, not the actors.
I disagree that everything wrong with the characters is the fault of the writers. Granted, I don't think much of this writing team, but I think the actor has a lot to do with how successful a character is. Case in point: Arianna. The writing for that character hasn't changed, but since Lindsay Hartley has been in the role, the character has gone from being dull as dishwater to actually having a personality and someone people could actually be interested in. The job of an actor is to take what's on the page and bring life and depth to it, not just memorize the lines. Unfortunately, it seems Gering merely does the latter.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

No problem at all, Chelikins...
ICAM = I couldn't agree more
ITA = I totally agree

And Magic, you basically just made my next point.

Eric Martsolf, at least in my opinion, has done a great job of coming in to a ridiculously poorly written character. Brady has been all over the map since EM took on the role - but I enjoy seeing him on screen and I find myself rooting for him because the actor is selling the role. He's engaging and fun to watch - even in painfully awkward scenes. I mean, Brady and Daniel commiserating during their 'run' over Daniel's lost mistress/Brady's ex wife. Seriously?? A ridiculous scene...but Eric M still makes me like Brady and want to see more of him.

Galen Gering hasn't done a thing for me as Rafe and it has nothing to do with who he shares scenes with or the way the character is written. The actor is dull as dishwater...no matter what the situation is, GG makes it impossible for me to care about what Rafe thinks, says or does. He's had just the opposite effect on me that Eric Martsolf has had...and I knew nothing about either actor before they joined the show. And I don't think it's just me. Say what you will about the fan wars...but I've seen very few negative comments about Eric M on this site or any other...because he's a competent actor doing quality work with the little they've given him.

Tori

Mason
Sep 8 2009, 12:19 PM
magicsteacher
Sep 8 2009, 11:59 AM
I disagree that everything wrong with the characters is the fault of the writers. Granted, I don't think much of this writing team, but I think the actor has a lot to do with how successful a character is. Case in point: Arianna. The writing for that character hasn't changed, but since Lindsay Hartley has been in the role, the character has gone from being dull as dishwater to actually having a personality and someone people could actually be interested in. The job of an actor is to take what's on the page and bring life and depth to it, not just memorize the lines. Unfortunately, it seems Gering merely does the latter.
I agree the actor is paid to bring the character to life. If that were not the case they could hire anyone off the streets to be the actor. Galen's delivery is so even sort of like JT's - not a lot of thought goes into that performance imo. I actually think the writers have given Galen a lot to play but he just hasn't delivered.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Soaps.com Spoilers

Week of September 14:

Nicole goes to Brady to ensure he keeps her secret.

Rafe receives a restraining order from Nicole!

Mia decides to tell Will the truth about her giving birth to a baby.

Nathan and Melanie give Chloe another dose of medicine that seems to help.

Stefano tells Kate that any help from him comes at a price. Marriage!

Thursday September 17:
Nathan and Melanie wind up in jail when they're arrested for giving Chloe the medication!

Friday September 18:
Chloe admits that she loves Daniel.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/

desertgal

kitkat
Sep 5 2009, 02:16 AM
:hail: Thank you bambamm! This is all I was saying.

If people don't like Rafe fine-- but the whole I like Rafe, I don't , I do, I don't, is getting irritating.

To the people who don't like Rafe, you're entitled to your opinion; but those of us that do are too.

As notice to further arguments about this, those of you who don't care for Rafe are not going to make us Rafe likers, hate him too. No arguments are going to do it. And to those on the fence, they're going to make up their own mind.

Can Rafe be a bit flat, maybe sometimes, if I recall correctly I believe Allison Sweeney once gave a possible explation for problems with the bedroom scenes. If my memory holds true, she said everytime they turn the cameras away he makes a joke. There have been many that say Galen is very funny. Flat in other scenes, maybe, but then there are other scenes that make me feel like saying, OMG Rafe you bad boy, and then others that make me laugh and intrigue me.

This is my opinion, and I realize it's not shared by everyone. But everyone is entitled to feel the way they do.

Back to the spoilers, first I think Rafe figures out the miscarriage by overhearing Brady & Nicole. I kinda like them together, he's kind of her conscience. Rafe, you bad boy, see I told you.

But he's always been a lurker, even when he worked for the FBI, I think it's in his blood and maybe his genes-- that remains to be scene.

Sami spends time at the convent, I think this will be good for her-- she needs to recenter herself. So many people have been wispering in her ear, it is now time for her to listen to that internal Sami and rediscover herself.

Melanie :cheer: what can I say I love love love that red headed spitfire, scenes with her again are the tops in my book.

So getting off the Sami/Rafe, argument, for a moment at least-- shout it out what do you think about Mel.
Very well said kitkat. There are a lot of viewers who like GG and the character of Rafe. He has a different style of acting, but he really does the emotional scenes well - just watch his eyes.

I love the fact that Galen is playing Rafe and think he is doing an excellent job. I'll never be convienced that EJ is a better man than Rafe - EVER.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm loving the Stefano and Kate spoiler..I really hope they do get married..

Tori

desertgal
Sep 8 2009, 06:09 PM
kitkat
Sep 5 2009, 02:16 AM
:hail: Thank you bambamm! This is all I was saying.

If people don't like Rafe fine-- but the whole I like Rafe, I don't , I do, I don't, is getting irritating.

To the people who don't like Rafe, you're entitled to your opinion; but those of us that do are too.

As notice to further arguments about this, those of you who don't care for Rafe are not going to make us Rafe likers, hate him too. No arguments are going to do it. And to those on the fence, they're going to make up their own mind.

Can Rafe be a bit flat, maybe sometimes, if I recall correctly I believe Allison Sweeney once gave a possible explation for problems with the bedroom scenes. If my memory holds true, she said everytime they turn the cameras away he makes a joke. There have been many that say Galen is very funny. Flat in other scenes, maybe, but then there are other scenes that make me feel like saying, OMG Rafe you bad boy, and then others that make me laugh and intrigue me.

This is my opinion, and I realize it's not shared by everyone. But everyone is entitled to feel the way they do.

Back to the spoilers, first I think Rafe figures out the miscarriage by overhearing Brady & Nicole. I kinda like them together, he's kind of her conscience. Rafe, you bad boy, see I told you.

But he's always been a lurker, even when he worked for the FBI, I think it's in his blood and maybe his genes-- that remains to be scene.

Sami spends time at the convent, I think this will be good for her-- she needs to recenter herself. So many people have been wispering in her ear, it is now time for her to listen to that internal Sami and rediscover herself.

Melanie :cheer: what can I say I love love love that red headed spitfire, scenes with her again are the tops in my book.

So getting off the Sami/Rafe, argument, for a moment at least-- shout it out what do you think about Mel.
Very well said kitkat. There are a lot of viewers who like GG and the character of Rafe. He has a different style of acting, but he really does the emotional scenes well - just watch his eyes.

I love the fact that Galen is playing Rafe and think he is doing an excellent job. I'll never be convienced that EJ is a better man than Rafe - EVER.
I don't think EJ is the better man for Sami, I think the character of EJ is way more interesting and James Scott the actor that plays EJ is a pretty good actor. The character of Rafe could also be an interesting character I think the writers are trying to write him interesting but GG is not pulling it off. As far as the emotional scenes. GG has failed to pull off these emotional scene and his eyes in my opinion are dead and not expressive at all.
Edited by Tori, Sep 8 2009, 09:25 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

So, Kate's going to go to the man who tried to kill her son twice to save her own butt. Figures. I guess we know where Philip ranks on her list.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Rafe receives a restraining order from Nicole!

Stefano tells Kate that any help from him comes at a price. Marriage!

Thanks for the spoilers. That restraining order is just going to make Rafe more curious. ;)

Ah Stefano, such a romantic. I also like that Mia is telling Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply