Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of September 14th; *UPDATED 9/12*
Topic Started: Sep 1 2009, 03:33 PM (11,469 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Kate as queen of the DiMeras would be delish!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

desertgal
Sep 8 2009, 06:09 PM
kitkat
Sep 5 2009, 02:16 AM
:hail: Thank you bambamm! This is all I was saying.

If people don't like Rafe fine-- but the whole I like Rafe, I don't , I do, I don't, is getting irritating.

To the people who don't like Rafe, you're entitled to your opinion; but those of us that do are too.

As notice to further arguments about this, those of you who don't care for Rafe are not going to make us Rafe likers, hate him too. No arguments are going to do it. And to those on the fence, they're going to make up their own mind.

Can Rafe be a bit flat, maybe sometimes, if I recall correctly I believe Allison Sweeney once gave a possible explation for problems with the bedroom scenes. If my memory holds true, she said everytime they turn the cameras away he makes a joke. There have been many that say Galen is very funny. Flat in other scenes, maybe, but then there are other scenes that make me feel like saying, OMG Rafe you bad boy, and then others that make me laugh and intrigue me.

This is my opinion, and I realize it's not shared by everyone. But everyone is entitled to feel the way they do.

Back to the spoilers, first I think Rafe figures out the miscarriage by overhearing Brady & Nicole. I kinda like them together, he's kind of her conscience. Rafe, you bad boy, see I told you.

But he's always been a lurker, even when he worked for the FBI, I think it's in his blood and maybe his genes-- that remains to be scene.

Sami spends time at the convent, I think this will be good for her-- she needs to recenter herself. So many people have been wispering in her ear, it is now time for her to listen to that internal Sami and rediscover herself.

Melanie :cheer: what can I say I love love love that red headed spitfire, scenes with her again are the tops in my book.

So getting off the Sami/Rafe, argument, for a moment at least-- shout it out what do you think about Mel.
Very well said kitkat. There are a lot of viewers who like GG and the character of Rafe. He has a different style of acting, but he really does the emotional scenes well - just watch his eyes.

I love the fact that Galen is playing Rafe and think he is doing an excellent job. I'll never be convienced that EJ is a better man than Rafe - EVER.
I agree, I think Galen is doing a wonderful job and says so much with just his eyes. In today's scenes when Sami asked for her keys you could see Rafe's pain in his eyes. Even the scenes with Arianna I could see that Rafe felt defeated, but when he received the phone call from St. Teresa his eyes reflected his determination. Some like him some don't but I love what I see on screen from Galen.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mia telling Will about her baby shocks me. I didn't think she would ever tell anyone. Considering how Will reacted when she revealed she isn't a virgin was dramatic enough. The truth is bound to leak through soon, and I can't wait for it to happen.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

esp13
Sep 8 2009, 06:53 PM
So, Kate's going to go to the man who tried to kill her son twice to save her own butt. Figures. I guess we know where Philip ranks on her list.
Great point. Not that I'd have ever nominated Kate for mother of the year...but that's pretty crappy. :unsure:

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

desertgal
Sep 3 2009, 05:03 PM
Tori
Sep 3 2009, 01:24 PM
No matter how much Tomlin and Higley pimp GG/Rafe it isn't going to fly. This character is just flat and not interesting. I don't like him with Sami, I don't like him with anyone for that matter. If he is going to be the hero many people are going to be rooting for the villain!
Thank goodness everyone has the right to their own opinion. I love Galen Gering and I think he is doing a great job as Rafe.
I, too, like GG. And I like the character he plays. I lke Safe, if I can't have Lumi, then Safe will do. But I am waiting on the moment that Sami and Lucas eye one another and remember they are soulmates!!

I am still hoping, since all the blood types are switched around so much, that ALL of Sami's kids are Lucas's. Even tho EJ is supposed to be father to 2 of them!

suzipawhuska
Member Avatar

Chelikins
Sep 8 2009, 12:11 PM
Hate to seem newbish.. but what is ITA and ICAM mean? Thanks
I am not that new, and I didn't know what it meant, ether!! ?Thanks

Chelikins
Member Avatar

Thanks Amello and SocRMum1 ;-)

MrsDimera

If Kate accepts Stephano's proposal, I wonder how Phillip is gonna feel about that?

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Very well said kitkat. There are a lot of viewers who like GG and the character of Rafe. He has a different style of acting, but he really does the emotional scenes well - just watch his eyes.

I love the fact that Galen is playing Rafe and think he is doing an excellent job. I'll never be convienced that EJ is a better man than Rafe - EVER.

Well said, both of you. I think Galen/Rafe showed a great deal of emotion when Grace died and in the days after. I also thought he showed a lot of spunk with Nicole yesterday. I loved the scenes where they were bantering back and forth. The expressions on his face and in his eyes were great; his dry wit is super. He is forcing her into a corner and she is beginning to see he is totally on to her. His emotions also came through when Sami asked for her keys back and when he was talking to Ari at the pub about Sami.
Can't wait for Sami and Rafe to get back together!!!How sweet it will be.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW Spoilers
-Arianna is torn between her undercover work and Brady.
-Mia tells Will about her pregnancy.
-Melanie and Nathan are arrested.
-Kate turns to Stefano for help.

Can't Miss:Tuesday, September 15th
Daniel elicits a confession from Kate.

esp13
Member Avatar

MrsDimera
Sep 9 2009, 06:46 AM
If Kate accepts Stephano's proposal, I wonder how Phillip is gonna feel about that?
I'm sure he won't say a word because that whole assassination attempt thing was the previous plot. It's over and, in today's Days, that means it never really happened.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Rafe has been called a flat character. Did you ever think he is written that way? Let me give a look at four different men... These are all IMO, but I think I am spot on.

EJ

Is very emotionally high strung, he hates strong, he gets sad strong, he gets hurt strong, and he loves strangely. I don't think showing love is his strong point and he feels the need to control the situation and that means controlling those he loves with lies and other. His weakest point is what his father has installed in him the gene to make him think a woman should be controlled and not interfere in business, he fights it though unsuccessfully. HIs emotions are not realty based to most men.

Lucas

He too is very emotionally high strung, he hates strong, he gets sad-- then boozes, he gets hurt-- then boozes and comes out swinging, and he loves completely. The problem is sometimes too completely and sometimes he puts his girls on pedastals and dares then too fall off. His weakest point is him seeing things only in black & white. His emotions are somewhat based to some men.

Brady

He keeps his emotions in check for the most part-- but when he flies of the handles he really goes, he hates hardly anyone at all-- he tends to give everyone plenty of room for mistakes, he gets hurt-- pushes people away and them gives space to reconsider, and he loves completely. The problem is sometimes he doesn't see people for who they really are, and can be easily used, namely Nicole (sometimes). His weakest point is the blind eye he cast to grandpa Vic (sometimes). This guy sounds like my husband.

Rafe

Keeps his emotions almost completely in check-- exceptions are intense love & intense sadness, he hates strongly--- but doesn't express it very strongly, he gets hurt-- and swallows it like it was a pill, and he loves whole heartly-- but still lets his mind control the relationship not his heart. I think this emotionally shortage is caused by a very horrific past and training from the FBI. On this guy I'm changing it arond, his weakest point is he keeps his emotions in too much of a check and his other weakest point in his obsessive need to protect those he loves and hold dear, who are on a very short list --Sami, her kids including Grace and her memory, Arianna, & sister Agnes. The problem is the need is so obsessive he sometimes over reacts to protect his loves and keeps things from them he considers dangerous or hurtful to them. He is like most men when it comes to his emotions, almost cold, except in intense circumstances.

I think his protectiveness, is what cause Emily's death.

He is mostly a flat character, because he keeps his anger and his emotions in check. He doesn't let things show on the outside. But people around him that know him can read him like a book, Sami-- somewhat, Sister Agnes more than Sami, & Ari more than all.

I think this week will show us more and more my summarizatiion of these three men will become more evident.

Edited by kitkat, Sep 9 2009, 10:29 PM.

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

Wow Kitkat- excellent summarization. I agree completely! We'll have to se ehow it turns out.

:popcorn:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

kitkat
Sep 9 2009, 10:14 PM
Rafe has been called a flat character. Did you ever think he is written that way? Let me give a look at four different men... These are all IMO, but I think I am spot on.

EJ

Is very emotionally high strung, he hates strong, he gets sad strong, he gets hurt strong, and he loves strangely. I don't think showing love is his strong point and he feels the need to control the situation and that means controlling those he loves with lies and other. His weakest point is what his father has installed in him the gene to make him think a woman should be controlled and not interfere in business, he fights it though unsuccessfully. HIs emotions are not realty based to most men.

Lucas

He too is very emotionally high strung, he hates strong, he gets sad-- then boozes, he gets hurt-- then boozes and comes out swinging, and he loves completely. The problem is sometimes too completely and sometimes he puts his girls on pedastals and dares then too fall off. His weakest point is him seeing things only in black & white. His emotions are somewhat based to some men.

Brady

He keeps his emotions in check for the most part-- but when he flies of the handles he really goes, he hates hardly anyone at all-- he tends to give everyone plenty of room for mistakes, he gets hurt-- pushes people away and them gives space to reconsider, and he loves completely. The problem is sometimes he doesn't see people for who they really are, and can be easily used, namely Nicole (sometimes). His weakest point is the blind eye he cast to grandpa Vic (sometimes). This guy sounds like my husband.

Rafe

Keeps his emotions almost completely in check-- exceptions are intense love & intense sadness, he hates strongly--- but doesn't express it very strongly, he gets hurt-- and swallows it like it was a pill, and he loves whole heartly-- but still lets his mind control the relationship not his heart. I think this emotionally shortage is caused by a very horrific past and training from the FBI. On this guy I'm changing it arond, his weakest point is he keeps his emotions in too much of a check and his other weakest point in his obsessive need to protect those he loves and hold dear, who are on a very short list --Sami, her kids including Grace and her memory, Arianna, & sister Agnes. The problem is the need is so obsessive he sometimes over reacts to protect his loves and keeps things from them he considers dangerous or hurtful to them. He is like most men when it comes to his emotions, almost cold, except in intense circumstances.

I think his protectiveness, is what cause Emily's death.

He is mostly a flat character, because he keeps his anger and his emotions in check. He doesn't let things show on the outside. But people around him that know him can read him like a book, Sami-- somewhat, Sister Agnes more than Sami, & Ari more than all.

I think this week will show us more and more my summarizatiion of these three men will become more evident.

What a fantastict post!!!
ITA with all you have said.
You have described Rafe and the others perfectly. :smile: :smile:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

OMG.,,I am so fuckin sick of that wooden robotic Rafe!!!Stefano KILL HIM>..geez.PLEASE

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

More Daily Spoilers

Monday, September 14th
Nicole goes to Brady to ensure he keeps her secret; Rafe receives a restraining order from Nicole; Nathan and Melanie give Chloe another dose of medicine; Roman reminds Arianna her job is nonnegotiable; Daniel is offered a plea bargain.

Tuesday, September 15th
Mia tells Will that she was pregnant, not in rehab; Daniel asks Kate to meet with him again; Nicole tells EJ about Rafe's accusations against her; Arianna grills Brady about Nicole's secret; Lexie realizes that Chloe received another dose of the toxin.

Wednesday, September 16th
Mia assures Nicole she didn't tell Will the whole truth; Rafe spies on Brady and Nicole; Kate tries to make a deal with Daniel; an upset Will runs into EJ and Sydney and reveals that Mia lied to him; Chloe starts to wake up.

Thursday, September 17th
Melanie and Nathan are arrested; Will reconciles with Mia; Rafe gets info from the clinic nurse; EJ tells Nicole he feels fortunate to have her, and she suggests they leave town; Lucas informs Kate that Chloe is waking up.

Friday, September 18th
Chloe admits that she loves Daniel; Stefano tells Kate that any help from him comes at a price; EJ and Nicole finally decide to honeymoon in Paris, but Nicole has bigger plans; Rafe contacts a former FBI buddy, who advises him to collect DNA samples.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!!

kitkat
Member Avatar

So EJ does go with Nicole huh?

Okay-- I think him & Lucas need to join a club for duped men, or maybe a twelve step program. I am not an EJAMI fan, and know soon he'll wake up and smell the coffee burning on the stove. But EJ makes a great villian, so therefore a good actor-- and I certainly don't want to see him portrayed as stupid...

For those who like my summarizations here are those men's point of destruction-- becoming very evident this week.

EJ

He is so mad at Sami and though he has 'feelings' for Sami he sees her also as the devil incarnate, isn't that the pot thinking the kettle is black. This makes him pull a stupid, wanting to embrace who he thinks is the better woman, I mean she is very similar to him a woman lying to the man she loves to keep him, sounds like the female version of EJ. And this week will see more of the same---

Lucas

He takes everything so strongly then he reacts like a crazy person, I mean what she did was horrific, but even in bad times he needs to keep grounded, but he doesn't-- glug glug.

Brady

He cares for the women in his life so much that when he is hurt by them he over reacts. Like going off of Melanie (it is her life) & cutting Ari off at the past (let a girl get a word edgewise).

Rafe

It's best summed up in two words... Grace died. Sami admits to he's not handling it very well, I think she thinks, how could he? and Sami tells a nun Monday he won't let her in.

Hey wait a second, isn't she the one that shut the door when she gave him that ultimatium.

Edited by kitkat, Sep 13 2009, 01:16 AM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

kitkat
Sep 13 2009, 01:14 AM
So EJ does go with Nicole huh?

Okay-- I think him & Lucas need to join a club for duped men, or maybe a twelve step program. I am not an EJAMI fan, and know soon he'll wake up and smell the coffee burning on the stove. But EJ makes a great villian, so therefore a good actor-- and I certainly don't want to see him portrayed as stupid...

For those who like my summarizations here are those men's point of destruction-- becoming very evident this week.

EJ

He is so mad at Sami and though he has 'feelings' for Sami he sees her also as the devil incarnate, isn't that the pot thinking the kettle is black. This makes him pull a stupid, wanting to embrace who he thinks is the better woman, I mean she is very similar to him a woman lying to the man she loves to keep him, sounds like the female version of EJ. And this week will see more of the same---

Lucas

He takes everything so strongly then he reacts like a crazy person, I mean what she did was horrific, but even in bad times he needs to keep grounded, but he doesn't-- glug glug.

Brady

He cares for the women in his life so much that when he is hurt by them he over reacts. Like going off of Melanie (it is her life) & cutting Ari off at the past (let a girl get a word edgewise).

Rafe

It's best summed up in two words... Grace died. Sami admits to he's not handling it very well, I think she thinks, how could he? and Sami tells a nun Monday he won't let her in.

Hey wait a second, isn't she the one that shut the door when she gave him that ultimatium.

Yep, she is and I think she now regrets her decision to do that. IMO, when she has time to think and pray over this situation, she will come to the realization that maybe this whole Emily thing wasn't so important-- not that she should not know about his past and what happened with Emily-- but that it wasn't worth the relationship ending over it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply