Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Kidnapping saga ends!; Sept 15th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 2 2009, 01:11 PM (2,771 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Kristian Alfonso, and this week's SOW features an interview with Peter Reckell.

Hope invites Dean over the house so that Ciara can see the man who rescued her. When Dean kidnapped Ciara, he had a cigarette lighter he kept flicking. Ciara comes down the stairs in the house to see Dean, and she hears the clicking of the cigarette lighter. She gets scared and leaps into Hope's arms and says, "It's him!"

Hope looks at Dean and tries to figure out what to do. Dean asks her what she's looking at, and Hope tells him that she wants to give him his reward money ASAP, so they should go to the bank. "Hope is trying to get him out of the house," Alfonso explains to SOD.

Bo calls and Hope goes to answer the phone, but Dean tells her to stop and that he's calling the shots now. Then, he pulls out a gun. Justin then comes to the house to tell Hope that the money has been wired to Dean's account. Hope tries to shut the door on him quickly, but Justin asks what the rush is. Alfonso says, "And I added this because anyone who knows Hope knows she doesn't cook. I said, 'Well, I have something cooking on the stove and I'm trying to get out of here.' So, he knows something is up and then ten minutes later, he comes barreling through the door."

Justin and Dean begin to fight, and Hope is knocked unconscious by Dean. Hope wakes up to the sound of a gunshot: Justin has been shot.

Dean grabs Ciara, then Hope realizes that Justin is alive and trying to use his cell phone. He calls Bo, and as Alfonso says, "Bo hears Hope's voice begging, 'Don't kill us, Dean' and hints of where we are." Alfonso concludes, "Bo comes in to save the day."

As the police are taking Dean away, Dean yells that Bo and Hope's lives are ruined because Bo wouldn't pay the ransom. Reckell explains to SOW that "from [Bo's] experience as a cop... usually kidnappers get the money and kill the kid. Bo feels that's what would have happened if he'd done things Dean's way."

As for Bo and Hope, Reckell says, "The gulf between them has widened." Reckell continues that Ciara has witnessed a lot of violence, and Hope blames Bo for the fact that the violence happened in their home. Bo tells Hope that Dean is responsible, not him. Reckell says that Bo thinks that he and Hope will talk and work things out, but "Hope has a very different view."...

Casting Tidbit:
Nick Stabile's last airdate is September 11th.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This actually sounds pretty good for the most part. Thanks, Ellie!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thank you. Sounds very interesting. But my poor Justin. :( He better be okay.

And I am confused how this is Bo's fault. That is just nuts.
Edited by Mirage75, Sep 2 2009, 01:34 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

WTF Hope?!?! What DOESN'T she blame Bo for? Shit.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 2 2009, 01:11 PM
Reckell continues that Ciara has witnessed a lot of violence, and Hope blames Bo for the fact that the violence happened in their home. Bo tells Hope that Dean is responsible, not him.

I have to agree with Bo here.

LOL at KA having to make the writing better . . . but at least they let her do that. I'm going to kind of miss Dean, actually, assuming he's gone for good.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I just wanted to say that i am really getting tired of hope blame bo for every thing that goes bad in the there relationship and would like for bo to tell hope to take a hike.and one more thing bo deserve better than hope.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

So that's the end for Dean?

peaches179

This is so stupid! Thanks, Ellie! :)

peaches179

CynthiaHaskins1
Sep 2 2009, 01:31 PM
Hi!,I just wanted to say that i am really getting tired of hope blame bo for every thing that goes bad in the there relationship and would like for bo to tell hope to take a hike.and one more thing bo deserve better than hope.

ICAM! I am so sick of Hope! What a Bitch!

KathyRon

Is it just my opinion, or are the writers trying to turn fans against Hope so they can bring in Carly? :scared: Because that's what it's starting to seem like and that is really beginning to tick me off! :redface: :frustration: Stupid writers! :flipoff:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This sounds really good. I hope it plays out on screen as good as it sounds on paper. I love that Alfonso added to the scene the bit about Hope cooking dinner to raise suspicion. This show is famous for having characters make fun of Hope, Marlena and Sami's cooking. I'm glad the actors remember and throw that in every now and then. You can't leave every detail to the writers.

The only part I don't like is Hope blaming Bo. How is Bo responsible? Hope was just as much praising Dean as Bo was, so how isn't she responsible, considering she was the one that invited Dean into their home? I can tell I'm going to hate Hope in those scenes.

Continuing the love Justin and Hope though. :wub2:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 2 2009, 01:37 PM
Of course it is, unless you believe he'll be back like those that believe Owen is still coming back...

lastDays
Member Avatar

So when is the f-ing baby lie story coming to an end.Its been going on relentlessly since last year :drunk:

Mason
Member Avatar

This sounds really good up until Hope blaming Bo. We've been down this road with these two so many times now, and I'm sick of it. It's time for Hope to take some fucking responsibility for once.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2009, 01:53 PM

Continuing the love Justin and Hope though. :wub2:
Me too. :)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From SOD:
Nick Stabile's last airdate is September 11th.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 2 2009, 01:54 PM
Sindacco
Sep 2 2009, 01:37 PM
Of course it is, unless you believe he'll be back like those that believe Owen is still coming back...
I actually liked Kyle and Brenda more.

darraholic
Member Avatar

KathyRon
Sep 2 2009, 01:41 PM
Is it just my opinion, or are the writers trying to turn fans against Hope so they can bring in Carly? :scared: Because that's what it's starting to seem like and that is really beginning to tick me off! :redface: :frustration: Stupid writers! :flipoff:
Hope's been bitchy for the past few years. Way before Crystal Chappel signed back on.

Notime
Member Avatar

Good to know WK will be back on my screen.

Look forward to some Justin/Hope scenes, because I know that's were the writers are headed with Carly coming back.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm glad to see they didn't miss a thing from the Ransom script.

Other than that, it's obvious they are setting up Hope as the bad guy for the upcoming Bo/Hope split. That means Bo can "move on" because it's not his fault.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply