Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Kidnapping saga ends!; Sept 15th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 2 2009, 01:11 PM (2,697 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 2 2009, 02:45 PM
I'm glad to see they didn't miss a thing from the Ransom script.

Other than that, it's obvious they are setting up Hope as the bad guy for the upcoming Bo/Hope split. That means Bo can "move on" because it's not his fault.
Well in the past they always made Bo out to be the "badguy" (if that is the right word) and nothing was Hope's fault. That's why I liked the reveal when Bo found out John was JT's father. It was different because Bo was pissed at Hope, John and Marlena for keeping the truth from him, and Hope was the one that had to beg for forgiveness.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KathyRon

darraholic
Sep 2 2009, 02:39 PM
KathyRon
Sep 2 2009, 01:41 PM
Is it just my opinion, or are the writers trying to turn fans against Hope so they can bring in Carly? :scared: Because that's what it's starting to seem like and that is really beginning to tick me off! :redface: :frustration: Stupid writers! :flipoff:
Hope's been bitchy for the past few years. Way before Crystal Chappel signed back on.
Being as I am a Bo & Hope fan and like them equally, I respectfully disagree. :cheers: However, like I said I do respect your opinion and know there are plenty of fans that like either Bo or Hope more than the other! :)

esp13
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 2 2009, 02:51 PM
esp13
Sep 2 2009, 02:45 PM
I'm glad to see they didn't miss a thing from the Ransom script.

Other than that, it's obvious they are setting up Hope as the bad guy for the upcoming Bo/Hope split. That means Bo can "move on" because it's not his fault.
Well in the past they always made Bo out to be the "badguy" (if that is the right word) and nothing was Hope's fault. That's why I liked the reveal when Bo found out John was JT's father. It was different because Bo was pissed at Hope, John and Marlena for keeping the truth from him, and Hope was the one that had to beg for forgiveness.
I honestly don't care if they make the Hope the bad guy or make Bo the bad guy. I was just pointing out that it was obvious why they were going this direction. Then when Bo grows close to Carly, it's not his fault because Hope is the one that walked out or whatever. That means Hope has to fight for Bo, which puts Bo in the middle of the triangle, just like Corday wanted.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yes!

Another random-ass villain putting players in non-dangerous dangerous situations. Another shooting where everyone will ultimately be ok. Another opportunity for Hope to be an ass (which is in character- so I'm kind of ok with that) because she's apparently believing the random-ass villain as he gets dragged off ranting about meddling kids and whatnot.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Glad the first phase is over. Sounds like an exciting finish.

I'm excited to move on from this to the real story. I enjoyed the kidnapping saga but it was clear it was just a means to an end.

As for Hope, I still think it's in character for her to act this way. One thing I wish they would do is have a scene with Hope and Justin where Hope admits to him she feels she is just as much to blame for everything but is taking her own guilt out on Bo. That would help things, I think.

Whatever the case, looking forward to this and what is to come. I also adore Hope and Justin so add me to the bandwagon too LOL.

Kailyn

well I for one am looking forward to carly more and more after reading how Hope the high and mighty one is still mad with Bo and blaming him for everything. after all these years being a Hope and Bo fan I am over them all because the writers are continuing to turn Hope into a holier then thou character that chooses to always find comfort in the arms of any man that comes along as opposed to trusting and standing beside her husband. shes a spoiled rotten brat.that turns on Bo everytime something goes a little wrong in her perfect little world and I thought Hope loved Bo so much but I am clearly wrong.so come on back Carly and give Bo lovin that he deserves from a woman not a child game player.

Kailyn

darraholic
Sep 2 2009, 02:39 PM
KathyRon
Sep 2 2009, 01:41 PM
Is it just my opinion, or are the writers trying to turn fans against Hope so they can bring in Carly? :scared: Because that's what it's starting to seem like and that is really beginning to tick me off! :redface: :frustration: Stupid writers! :flipoff:
Hope's been bitchy for the past few years. Way before Crystal Chappel signed back on.
I could not agree more shes become a shrew more and more . shes only proving that when things get hard or tough shes not in it for the long haul like she claims. she bales the minute she can and starts pointing that stubby little finger at Bo everytime she gets the chance.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i have to agree with the above posts. how hard is it to write a stroy where hope has a legitimate reason to be upset with bo? they did a great job of that with the zach storyline. it looks like they want to recreate that kind of split here, but this makes hope look really bad. instead of being happy that her daughter is safe and out of harm's way, she wants to toss blame around, which doesnt do anyone any good. like others have pointed out, she was the one that insisted dean have the reward money and invited him over to her home. so she was just as clueless as bo when it came right down to it. i am also a bo and hope fan, but the writers can only erode hope's character so much before people are totally turned off. the last few years, she has really been an illogical bitch. her taking the word of an ex-cop turned vengeful kidnapper really takes the cake, tho.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Sep 3 2009, 07:32 AM.

Kailyn

luvpumpkns
Sep 3 2009, 07:32 AM
i have to agree with the above posts. how hard is it to write a stroy where hope has a legitimate reason to be upset with bo? they did a great job of that with the zach storyline. it looks like they want to recreate that kind of split here, but this makes hope look really bad. instead of being happy that her daughter is safe and out of harm's way, she wants to toss blame around, which doesnt do anyone any good. like others have pointed out, she was the one that insisted dean have the reward money and invited him over to her home. so she was just as clueless as bo when it came right down to it. i am also a bo and hope fan, but the writers can only erode hope's character so much before people are totally turned off. the last few years, she has really been an illogical bitch. her taking the word of an ex-cop turned vengeful kidnapper really takes the cake, tho.
it seems like Hope always takes the word of other men over her Bo every time. she would never believe that Patrick was a criminal she would trust him over Bo every chance she got and now shes trusting this dimwit bad cop over her husband. Hope has become very disloyal to her husband and thats the Hope I don't recognize anymore. she hunkers down with men holding and comforting her even if she never sleeps with them. shes ridiculous. I'm an old Bo Hope fan from the 80's watched and loved them and taped them everytime they were on but in the last few years I can't stand Hope. shes manipulative in the sense that she blackmails Bo's love she tells him if this or that happens then I will never forgive you. well who could live with can kind of threat day in and day out and who would want to? I am hoping Carly comes back and Bo can have a grown up relationship and Hope can just go do whatever with who ever and find comfort from them. I see where some fans call this angst I call it emotional blackmail and it's isn't cute or funny or anything even remotly interesting to watch.

Win

I really appreciate you posting these spoilers every week! Thanks so much. It sounds like things are heating up for Carly's return. I have a feeling that, no matter what happens between Bo & Hope, that they will always be the endgame for Days, though.

KathyRon

Win
Sep 3 2009, 10:36 AM
I really appreciate you posting these spoilers every week! Thanks so much. It sounds like things are heating up for Carly's return. I have a feeling that, no matter what happens between Bo & Hope, that they will always be the endgame for Days, though.
I totally agree with you! :rockon: I know alot of people don't like Hope very much right now, and I'm not happy with the way the writers have written for her for quite awhile! :soapbox: However, I am still a Bo & Hope fan from way back and when they shut the lights out at Days, it will be with BO & HOPE (Peter & Kristian) TOGETHER! Of course that's if they survive the next budget cuts! :shame: Heck, unless they can still get Francis to show up on set, it will be Peter & Kristian that turn off the lights! :smooch: However, Corday has always said that no matter who these two are paired with throughout Days history, at the end of the day Bo & Hope are the endgame! I just wish the audience didn't have to go through this crappy storyline yet again! :shithitfan:

Kailyn

KathyRon
Sep 3 2009, 03:27 PM
Win
I totally agree with you! :rockon: I know alot of people don't like Hope very much right now, and I'm not happy with the way the writers have written for her for quite awhile! :soapbox: However, I am still a Bo & Hope fan from way back and when they shut the lights out at Days, it will be with BO & HOPE (Peter & Kristian) TOGETHER! Of course that's if they survive the next budget cuts! :shame: Heck, unless they can still get Francis to show up on set, it will be Peter & Kristian that turn off the lights! :smooch: However, Corday has always said that no matter who these two are paired with throughout Days history, at the end of the day Bo & Hope are the endgame! I just wish the audience didn't have to go through this crappy storyline yet again! :shithitfan:
I agree they will be end game at the end but mean time the characters are runied so whats the good of that?big deal Bo and Hope are together but shes a frigid b#@ch and he's an exwife chaser. I would rather see them work togeher at this point Bo and Hope have not been the same since the Zack/Patrick/Billie/Chelsea train wreck can they really afford to continue to ruin these two for the sake of storyline and I use that title lightly. and on the heals of it all we are supposed to buy into Carly coming to Salem to help save there marriage. well then I guess shes going to be the Brady's hero and it's a good thing that Bo hooked up with her after Hope's supposed death because shes coming to town to save the day. I don't buy into this crapola and I would rather see Bo and Hope split for good then be in waiting for another excuse to split them up and tag a storyline title on it. why does Hope always choose the bad guys side over Bo's? why does Hope hang her head on the shoulders of men other then Bo every time then play innocent? why couldn't once Hope stand and trust her husbands decsions and back him and be loyal? if the writers want to disect this couple I say get to the root of Hope's behavior and patterns. they are not becoming on her at all and actually doing her character alot of damage to the point that most people hate her and wish Bo would move on. who wants to watch a man grovel and a woman play her little games with his emotions everytime something goes wrong?this is supposed to be a loving couple that have stood the test of time but it seems one sided to me now Bo trys and Hope throws him away first chance she gets. and hangs her pouty little head on someones shoulder other then her own man.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I have never been a BOPE fan and the reason is Hope. I can't stand how she treats Bo. He used to be this rebel, fuck the rules guy. Now, he's Mr. "by the book," and any little line he crosses, Hope automatically sends him to the "other room" for the night?!

I just think its the writers been lazy with writing for them. They think, "oh shit" I'm stuck with Bope as "endgame," create a "conflict of the week" and thats it.

What could have been a much more detailed SL of maybe a marriage losing its spark, is just a catalyst in creating a situation where Bope would break up. I would have liked seeing a gradual "falling out of love" SL...then insta-bitch Hope choosing insta-villain over the husband of 20+ years?!

I always liked PR and CC's chemistry, so if this facilitates a re-kindling of feelings, I'm all for Bo acting on them!

I'm also open for a Justin/Hope pairing. I think they have a nice chemistry too. Maybe its just that both actors would like a break from carrying the burden of being the last "supercouple" in Salem?

sungrey

Win
And rightly so. That doesn't mean you can't mess around with them a bit. If the story's good I'll be there. If it's not (Patrick) I'll be one of the first to shout it down. As long as Bo and Hope are together IN THE END, I'm looking forward to the story.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Sep 4 2009, 09:58 AM
KathyRon
Sep 3 2009, 03:27 PM
Win
I agree they will be end game at the end but mean time the characters are runied so whats the good of that?big deal Bo and Hope are together but shes a frigid b#@ch and he's an exwife chaser. I would rather see them work togeher at this point Bo and Hope have not been the same since the Zack/Patrick/Billie/Chelsea train wreck can they really afford to continue to ruin these two for the sake of storyline and I use that title lightly. and on the heals of it all we are supposed to buy into Carly coming to Salem to help save there marriage. well then I guess shes going to be the Brady's hero and it's a good thing that Bo hooked up with her after Hope's supposed death because shes coming to town to save the day. I don't buy into this crapola and I would rather see Bo and Hope split for good then be in waiting for another excuse to split them up and tag a storyline title on it. why does Hope always choose the bad guys side over Bo's? why does Hope hang her head on the shoulders of men other then Bo every time then play innocent? why couldn't once Hope stand and trust her husbands decsions and back him and be loyal? if the writers want to disect this couple I say get to the root of Hope's behavior and patterns. they are not becoming on her at all and actually doing her character alot of damage to the point that most people hate her and wish Bo would move on. who wants to watch a man grovel and a woman play her little games with his emotions everytime something goes wrong?this is supposed to be a loving couple that have stood the test of time but it seems one sided to me now Bo trys and Hope throws him away first chance she gets. and hangs her pouty little head on someones shoulder other then her own man.
I totally agree! What's the point of them being "end game" if nothing has been resolved? If they are just going to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. I'd rather see them split for good and move on with other people than continue this ridiculous pattern. I'm all for Hope standing up for herself and letting Bo know when she disagrees with him, but why does she have to take it to the extreme (ie: taking Ciara and leaving him)? I don't understand the point of them being married if they aren't going to work through the tough times together...why does she always turn to someone else instead of trying to work things out with her husband? I don't get it. I'm not saying Bo is perfect here. I can see why Hope is upset with him, but to let it ruin your marriage is beyond ridiculous.

IIttu
Member Avatar

Sounds a bit frustrating, but it's the only potential storyline we have now I guess..

rars

These story lines are getting so flaky, we have on again off again Dr. Baker( I liked him) Then we have poor confused owen( Wes Ramsey did a great job, but gone) now we've got Nick Stabile( I guess he did a great job, because I couldn't stand the character, he wasn't evil and vile, he was just mean. I'm tired of 30 day actors, you don't have time to get interested or not.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply