Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of September 7th
Topic Started: Sep 4 2009, 03:41 PM (3,190 Views)
Ellie

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Are you serious?

Mason
Member Avatar

Miraculously, I'm actually starting to be interested in the character of Arianna. It's amazing what a good recast can do.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That has to be one of the worst promos EVER!

Ellie

LOL DrewH and Angie - the V/O might as well be: "We've recast Arianna with a familiar face. Liked this couple on Passions? Watch them... on Days of Our Lives."

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 4 2009, 03:46 PM
LOL DrewH and Angie - the V/O might as well be: "We've recast Arianna with a familiar face. Liked this couple on Passions? Watch them... on Days of Our Lives."
I agree, but I actually think it's a smart move (God, did I really just say that? LoL), because that's exactly the message that people will get, and I think it will work.
Edited by Mason, Sep 4 2009, 03:48 PM.

Andi
Member Avatar

That promo just gave me a case of the giggles.

Ellie

Mason
Sep 4 2009, 03:48 PM
Ellie
I agree, but I actually think it's a smart move (God, did I really just say that? LoL), because that's exactly the message that people will get, and I think it will work.
LOL! I agree with you, but I think the promo highlights the fact that the story for these two is pretty much nonexistent so far. I bet the love scene was added after LH was cast. Hopefully they're planning to give them a story as well as screen time, but I'd guess that Days is just hoping LH's presence next to EM on screen will be enough to draw viewers in. I don't think it will.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's not bad. At least, there is actual story movement being promoted but I wish they would provide more material here to educate those who do see it on what is going on.

I no longer look at these as promos. Instead, I look at them as mini-sneak peeks. 15 seconds is just way too short and if all they are going to do is post these promos online and barely show them on TV, then I can't just bring myself to consider them as promos. I've told the promo producer this on twitter. The good news is that they will be changing the direction of the promos, so they claim, during the week of 9/14 when NBC unveils it's new promos. We'll see if there is a change. I won't hold my breath but I do look forward to seeing the Carly/Bo/Hope stuff in the next few weeks as the pictures look great.

I am glad they are posting them on hulu now. The more promotion, the better. I just wish they would start airing them more on TV again given all the big stuff that is coming.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

AMAZING what recast could do,Felisha didn't have chemistry with a coffee mug let alone Eric or Galen or anyone else,with that said,even though I am loving Brady and Arianna that PROMO was a little lame,though yet better than any Chloe/Kate/Daniel promo or anything with Sami that has been show lately.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Ellie
I agree. That is why I don't think it's bad. In all honesty, I prefer this to them promoting the arrival of Lindsey Hartley in the promos because that would just be in poor taste. I prefer they just do something like this and showcase the two characters. They have a fanbase that is quite prevalent online so I do think this will help. I just think the promo could've been better but I've been saying that for months now LOL.

Ellie, the two of them do have a story. It was built up all summer and really heated up last week. I do find it funny how everything with Brady and Arianna really heated up once Lindsey started. It's almost like they knew all along they wanted someone else in the role so they dragged their feet until the right opportunity. I mean, we saw more movement in one week under Lindsey then we did in all of Felisha's run. Then again, it helps that Lindsey did more in one week to develop the character then Felisha ever did.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

that was r promo???? that sucked, i do like the s/l but come on that was horrible

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2009, 04:02 PM
Ellie, the two of them do have a story. It was built up all summer and really heated up last week. I do find it funny how everything with Brady and Arianna really heated up once Lindsey started. It's almost like they knew all along they wanted someone else in the role so they dragged their feet until the right opportunity. I mean, we saw more movement in one week under Lindsey then we did in all of Felisha's run. Then again, it helps that Lindsey did more in one week to develop the character then Felisha ever did.
Mmmm. Well, we already know from many threads here that you and I often disagree about what constitutes a story (and/or a good one), so let's just leave that. I think they're just trying to get LH on screen as much as possible. You might be right though that now with LH in the role (and, I'd add, with AZ's leave coming up), the writers will feature this couple more. My point is that if they don't, any viewers who are watching just to see LH will quickly leave.

Harmony233

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2009, 03:58 PM
It's not bad. At least, there is actual story movement being promoted but I wish they would provide more material here to educate those who do see it on what is going on.

I no longer look at these as promos. Instead, I look at them as mini-sneak peeks. 15 seconds is just way too short and if all they are going to do is post these promos online and barely show them on TV, then I can't just bring myself to consider them as promos. I've told the promo producer this on twitter. The good news is that they will be changing the direction of the promos, so they claim, during the week of 9/14 when NBC unveils it's new promos. We'll see if there is a change. I won't hold my breath but I do look forward to seeing the Carly/Bo/Hope stuff in the next few weeks as the pictures look great.

I am glad they are posting them on hulu now. The more promotion, the better. I just wish they would start airing them more on TV again given all the big stuff that is coming.
Do they not air the promos on SN?I swear I thought that I have seen days promos on there?

aimees76
Member Avatar

Blah.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2009, 04:02 PM
Mason
Ellie
I agree. That is why I don't think it's bad. In all honesty, I prefer this to them promoting the arrival of Lindsey Hartley in the promos because that would just be in poor taste. I prefer they just do something like this and showcase the two characters. They have a fanbase that is quite prevalent online so I do think this will help. I just think the promo could've been better but I've been saying that for months now LOL.

And I would just like to say that I called that the day they announced the recast. The character of Arianna was flat when FT was playing her because she was being written flat and with nothing real to do. The writing changed immediately upon recast.

Manda1

Hi are we going to get the usual youtube version? Can't see it on nbc our hulu. Thank you in advance. :wave:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Not impress at all. I was hoping it would have been the Bo/Hope/Ciara/Justin/Dean. Oh well...

Thank you for posting it. Appreciate you doing this every week. :)

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I am so sick of the nothing promos from DOOL. After watching the Y&R promo for Colleen, this is sickening.

Why the hell doesn't Tomlin rename the town Harmony and the show "The Days of Passions"? Everyone in the world may love LH but she is just symptomatic to me of the destruction of an old and venerable soap. GG is on every day with his non-acting and now we keep getting more and more actors from a show I have desire to revisit. Gimmicks is all we get. The actress puts her foot onstage and is now screwing constantly for days on end.

I want a good story. Is that impossible for DOOL anymore?

Note to Tomlin-the teenies won't save DOOL. Longtime faithful viewers might if you give them a show and not some rehash of a show that most don't miss.

thanks Angie.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm not too excited from what I hear, but I look forward to actually seeing it via youtube.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply