Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of September 7th
Topic Started: Sep 4 2009, 03:41 PM (3,130 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Wow. Terrible promo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Sep 4 2009, 09:20 PM
Note to Tomlin-the teenies won't save DOOL. Longtime faithful viewers might if you give them a show and not some rehash of a show that most don't miss.

thanks Angie.
Exactly.
I don't think the addition of LH to EM's character will bring in viewers...I think more viewers would turn in if the stories were better and less gimicky. Much better.

The fact that they put LH with EM makes me so not like the pairing because it was done to please the few who just can't let their precious pairing go. Passions is done! I don't want to see it again...so at least they could do is to introduce LH by putting her with others instead of being so in-your-face with it.

I really hate that they put her with the two other Passions guys. Not to mention, give her a love scene in the first week with Ethan.

eta: that promo really sucked...was stupid. prolly the worst I have seen in awhile.
Edited by Alligato, Sep 4 2009, 10:40 PM.

lene
Member Avatar

I wrote to Judie Henninger on twitter about the promo...

This is what i wrote:
bad promo for next weeek.. doesn't make me wanna watch.. it's the pace think, and the bad voiceover.. and only showing 1 sl? hmm

This is the respond i got:
What can I say can't please everyone.

I wanna respond with:
...Judging from the ratings it isn't just me your NOT pleasing ;)

but that's too mean, right? lol...

Sindacco
Member Avatar

lene
Sep 5 2009, 11:28 AM

This is what i wrote:
bad promo for next weeek.. doesn't make me wanna watch.. it's the pace think, and the bad voiceover.. and only showing 1 sl? hmm

I wanna respond with:

So you think the ratings are bad because of the shitty promos?

daysfan
Member Avatar

lene

This is what i wrote:

I wanna respond with:

Well since Days just had the greatest ratings week in quite some time.... :lol:

lysie
Member Avatar

daysfan
Sep 5 2009, 12:08 PM
lene

This is what i wrote:

I wanna respond with:

It really doesn't take much to come back from the crap ratings they'd been having.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 5 2009, 11:47 AM
lene

This is what i wrote:

I wanna respond with:

So you think the ratings are bad because of the shitty promos?
You're not asking me, but promos were originally designed to make people want to watch. I don't think they're driving people away, but they're also not doing their job and pulling people in.

mirabella

lene

This is what i wrote:

I wanna respond with:

I don't think the ratings are the fault of the promo editor. The ratings were up for the last week so maybe she did something right for that week. We will see how the ratings go for the week of this promo.

TBLFanGirl
Member Avatar

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Was it something he said?" *dun dun dun*

This was so rediculous, Ive been laughing about it for like 5 minutes.

Ana75
Member Avatar

aimees76
Sep 4 2009, 05:06 PM
Blah.
My sentiments exactly!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

They should look at GH's promos for the carnival. That's how you do a damn promo.

Mason
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 5 2009, 08:42 PM
They should look at GH's promos for the carnival. That's how you do a damn promo.
I agree that that carnival promo is great, but it's also for a stunt. What I wish is that whoever currently does the promos for DAYS now would do is go back and look at promos from the 90s (and even early 2000s) because, even when there wasn't a big event going on, the promos were still really great and made you want to watch the show (although, the material being promoted was generally a lot better then).

Frankly, I'm surprised that they didn't make this week's promo about the Bo/Hope/Dean stuff considering it's pretty action-packed. They could have done a promo to draw in Ethan/Theresa fans another week.
Edited by Mason, Sep 5 2009, 09:04 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Quote:

GH and YR have some kickass promos. Has anyone else seen the promo that Y&R has for September 17th? They are spellbinding. I will be tuning into those two for sure. I hope that NBC will start promoting DAYS in the same way.
Edited by lazydazes, Sep 5 2009, 09:27 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Sep 5 2009, 12:32 PM
daysfan
Sep 5 2009, 12:08 PM
lene

This is what i wrote:

I wanna respond with:

It really doesn't take much to come back from the crap ratings they'd been having.
Days' ratings have been around the same all year, going back to when the promos were longer and better. The show had one bad month (July) ratings-wise and that was in a month where things slowed down considerably and lots of story building was going on. Otherwise, it's been hovering around 2.0-2.1 all year. For most of this year, they were one of the only shows up vs last year (the only other being Y&R). Right around the time the stories began to pick up, the ratings slowly crept back up and now they are back where they were.

I also sincerely doubt a promo that is pretty much only seen online would make a difference in the ratings. This is not the 90's. Hell, it's not even 2008 when NBC aired the promos regularly in daytime and in primetime. Now, they barely do if they do at all. The promos have been absolute shit all year and the show has either stayed the same or increased most weeks with a few weeks bad weeks here and there. The promos aren't making or breaking the show. I agree they are bad and that they could help draw more people in but only if they are shown more will they accomplish that. Merely putting up on a few online sites is not enough. If they are going to continue to do just that, they may as well keep putting out shit like this because only people that are online and know where to find them will see them.

The GH promo is superb but, as Mason said, it's a stunt. The few good promos Days has had this year were when something big was going down. It's very hard to screw up a promo focusing on something big like a stunt or big story twist. I know TPTB are idiots but come on. I won't get into the Y&R promo because I think it looks cheap and far to overdone but one needs to remember NBC does nothing to help Days. ABC and CBS support their soaps. They promote them heavily. Days has a very limited budget. The promo producer has said that they cut the promos down to 15 seconds because the network barely airs the promos anymore. If people want better promotion, I suggest a campaign to get NBC's attention. Days will need NBC support to get some help with promotion. They don't have the money or network support GH or Y&R has. I think Days knows how to really do a promo. They did them well for years. They just don't have what is needed to produce them anymore.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 5 2009, 10:20 PM.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

It's true that promos don't make or break a show. But, they can entice a viewer who has never watched before to give it a try. NBC needs to get off it's hiney and support the show more, IMO. DAYS has been trying to keep NBC's daytime lineup alive all by itself for years now. They could at least show some support by giving them a 30-second or 1-minute promo. NBC has been chopping away at their daytime lineup for years now with the demise of shows like Santa Barbara, Sunset Beach, Generations, Another World, and Passions. NBC expects DAYS to bring in the numbers with the aid of some syndicated programs and informercials at least in my viewing area. IMO, they've crapped on DAYS for years but letting them be the lone ranger soap on their network. Kudos, to the actors/producers/others who have been working their tails off all these years to keep faithful viewers tuned in. As a viewer for over two decades, I'll be there with the show until the lights go out (hopefully not ever) in Salem. I just think that NBC could be doing a little more on their parts.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I thought the promo itself was HOT. Eric+Lindsay naked together = HOT, HOT, HOT!!! But the promo itself, I agree... is a bit... lacking, lol. Who cares if the newbie couple 'needs to take a break?'
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I see Ethan and Theresa not Brady and Adrianna. I guess if Ari ever jumps ship, Liza Huber is unemployed....
Edited by Rick, Sep 7 2009, 04:01 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

R!ck
Sep 7 2009, 04:00 AM
I see Ethan and Theresa not Brady and Adrianna. I guess if Ari ever jumps ship, Liza Huber is unemployed....
So funny you should mention that about Ari. I mentioned a couple of week ago that if Ari needed to take a break due to pregnancy or whatever, Huber could easily fill in as Nicole. And then the writers could write in some Nicole/Arianna divisions. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have to wonder -- just for fun -- what if it worked. And yes, Rick, what if Ari quit, and Huber were hired, and all these "Passions" fans came out of the woodwork and instead of Gwen/Theresa wars of old those same fans stuck to their allegiances and had knock-down, drag-out Arianna/Nicole divisions? Then, if the tactic proved successful enough, what if Nicole and Arianna get in a car accident the same time Theresa and Gwen do (with a little help from Outpost Farms or whichever entity needs to grant use of those characters) and they pull a "Drop Dead Diva" story where Arianna and Nicole BECOME Theresa and Gwen! I don't know where that leaves Brady, but it could work if Theresa and Gwen are so obsessed over Ethan that they'd duke it out over a look-alike. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

R!ck
Sep 7 2009, 04:00 AM
One problem is that if you didn't know any better, you'd think the characters were making love. THIS WAS A ONE-NIGHT STAND, "Days!" Have them FUCK--and show it, as best you can. This isn't gentle sex. It's rough, passionate, fucking a non-significant-other kind of sex. LET THEM FUCK! '

And make Arianna dress and look more like a whore because that'd be a different look than Theresa's fashion-conscious, always put together style.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply