Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of September 7th
Topic Started: Sep 4 2009, 03:41 PM (3,175 Views)
Cupcake06

JERSoapsFan
Sep 7 2009, 04:31 AM
R!ck
Sep 7 2009, 04:00 AM
I see Ethan and Theresa not Brady and Adrianna. I guess if Ari ever jumps ship, Liza Huber is unemployed....
One problem is that if you didn't know any better, you'd think the characters were making love. THIS WAS A ONE-NIGHT STAND, "Days!" Have them FUCK--and show it, as best you can. This isn't gentle sex. It's rough, passionate, fucking a non-significant-other kind of sex. LET THEM FUCK! '

And make Arianna dress and look more like a whore because that'd be a different look than Theresa's fashion-conscious, always put together style.
:laugh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

how lame. It does seem that they are trying to lure in old Passions fans. It reeks of desperation. What a joke.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I watched Passions in the early years. I definitely don't want the show to turn into Passions 2.0. I surely want more for Arianne Zuker's character than to be a redux of Gwen. IMO, that's why some viewers are turned off by the Arianna/Brady pairing. It resembles Ethan/Theresa too much. LH and EM are portraying two totally different characters now. Ethan/Theresa are dead characters and it needs to stay that way. IMO, they should have tried LH with Jay Johnson or Bryan Datillo to see if there were any sparks that way before jumping the gun and pairing her with EM. That's just my opinion.
Edited by lazydazes, Sep 7 2009, 10:15 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

YouTube added to first post. :)

Sindacco
Member Avatar

"Was it something he said?"
:laugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

lazydazes
Sep 7 2009, 10:14 AM
I watched Passions in the early years. I definitely don't want the show to turn into Passions 2.0. I surely want more for Arianne Zuker's character than to be a redux of Gwen. IMO, that's why some viewers are turned off by the Arianna/Brady pairing. It resembles Ethan/Theresa too much. LH and EM are portraying two totally different characters now. Ethan/Theresa are dead characters and it needs to stay that way. IMO, they should have tried LH with Jay Johnson or Bryan Datillo to see if there were any sparks that way before jumping the gun and pairing her with EM. That's just my opinion.
Actually, Ethan and Theresa were never killed (for good, far as we know) on "Passions." The characters can be, and are, very much alive. The head writer of that show never gave them the big write-off.
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Dead or alive, I think it was brilliant to bring on Theresa and this Theresa/Ethan promo is also a smart move. As I've said before, Passions viewers will sit through anything. Might not be the biggest audience (though not so comparatively small anymore as other soaps lose viewers), but stable as all get-out as long as certain people are on-screen. Days needs that; Therethan making love will bring it.

Can't wait 'til they bring on Julian as a love interest for Vivian (who's our Tabitha stand-in, I'm sure), maybe give us Whitney back so Theresa doesn't have to confide in Luis. Long live Passions!

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Whatever, Days lost me a long time ago.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I didn't watch Passions then and I don't want to watch it now.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

ArizonaDaze
Sep 8 2009, 12:05 PM
I can understand that. But unfortunately the core Days audience seems to be much more sensitive to things like recasts (for most roles) and quality storylines, turning the show off when they don't like something. Passions folk aren't like that- Days PTB are wise to go after that audience, imho.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

px780
Sep 8 2009, 12:26 PM
ArizonaDaze
I can understand that. But unfortunately the core Days audience seems to be much more sensitive to things like recasts (for most roles) and quality storylines, turning the show off when they don't like something. Passions folk aren't like that- Days PTB are wise to go after that audience, imho.
You make a valid point px. An audience is the only way to keep Days on the air and that's what I want - to keep the show that I have been watching since 1965. I'm not a fair weather fan. I've seen it all in the many years I have been watching, recasts, departures, stories I loved, hated, and ones I was indifferent to. I guess I have a high tolerance! Or just a habit I can't break!

Ellie

px780
Sep 8 2009, 12:26 PM
ArizonaDaze
ROFL - bringing in the 'leave on the TV despite what's airing' demo might be a good move for them!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply