Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/7 - 9/11
Topic Started: Sep 7 2009, 11:31 AM (3,722 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I thought it was hilarious how he made Sami cry like some little boy pulled her pigtails and here comes the teacher! Sami's gonna tell on you EJ!!!!LMAO

I also loved how he didnt want her touching Syd and classic Sami went "NA NA NA NA NAAAAA NA, I got to touch her anyways.....bad bad EJ!!!"
Edited by Liz<3Days, Sep 10 2009, 07:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tori

James rocked that scene today! Great job! Go ahead and cry Sami, you should feel the guilt!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I don't know if it was in the script or a slip of the tongue on Eric's part,but I did hear Brady refer to himself as Sami's OLDER brother,well we know thats not true,if it was a slip you'd think the editors would have noticed it.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Sep 10 2009, 09:49 PM
I don't know if it was in the script or a slip of the tongue on Eric's part,but I did hear Brady refer to himself as Sami's OLDER brother,well we know thats not true,if it was a slip you'd think the editors would have noticed it.
I'm fairly certain he said "what are big brothers for?" He is bigger than Sami as far as size goes, I guess.

esp13
Member Avatar

As I understand it, the actors get basically one take. So, it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't redo the scene to correct Brady's "big brother" remark. Besides which, the writers probably think Brady is older anyway.

Alligato
Member Avatar

For some reason, it bothers me that they make such a big deal out of Brady and Sami being "brother and sister"...its only by marriage, and Sami never referred to John as her dad once. Why do they push it so much? Can't they just be cousins?

I watched yesterday's show and Rafe is still bugging the shit out of me. He is coming off as this smug asshole hypocrite with this personal vendetta (love the word) against Nicole. I know I am supposed to be rooting for him to reveal the truth and for Nicole to go down and all, but I was so happy that Nicole won his little convent test. I'll probably be rooting for Nicole now that Rafe is the one to figure it out.

AS looked great, and I liked her cozy little talk with Brady in the pub.
Nicole and Stefano are always a bright spot.

Hope/Dean/Ciara was pretty intense, and I liked the ending of each clip. Very dramatic.

And I know I was a big skeptic at first, especially because of her Passions background, but LH is just kicking all kinds of ass over FT when it comes to being Arianna. I couldn't imagine FT bringing half of the life that LH has. I am enjoying her as an actress. Too bad that I don't care for the character.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 11 2009, 07:51 AM
For some reason, it bothers me that they make such a big deal out of Brady and Sami being "brother and sister"...its only by marriage, and Sami never referred to John as her dad once. Why do they push it so much? Can't they just be cousins?

I watched yesterday's show and Rafe is still bugging the shit out of me. He is coming off as this smug asshole hypocrite with this personal vendetta (love the word) against Nicole. I know I am supposed to be rooting for him to reveal the truth and for Nicole to go down and all, but I was so happy that Nicole won his little convent test. I'll probably be rooting for Nicole now that Rafe is the one to figure it out.

Hope/Dean/Ciara was pretty intense, and I liked the ending of each clip. Very dramatic.

And I know I was a big skeptic at first, especially because of her Passions background, but LH is just kicking all kinds of ass over FT when it comes to being Arianna. I couldn't imagine FT bringing half of the life that LH has. I am enjoying her as an actress. Too bad that I don't care for the character.
They've only known they were cousins for a year and a half, and I'm not positive Brady's gotten that memo. Brady was raised as Sami's stepbrother with Sami's half-sister by the same parents who raised Sami. Sami referred to John as dad the entire time she was growing up. Brady referred to Marlena as mom off and on his entire life. They're more siblings than they are cousins, IMO.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato

I pretty much agree with your take on everything. I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed yesterday's show...all of it.

First of all, the Hope/Ciara/Dean/Justin stuff was absolutely great. The little one(s) that plays Ciara have just been stellar...and I can't help but find myself really worrying over her. :P KA was fantastic - particularly in the scene where she was at the door with Justin and giving him the clue that they were in trouble. The pace was great - and just as you said, each segment ended dramatically.

I don't know if I'm supposed to feel sympathetic to Bo right now - but PR isn't selling it if that's the case. He came across as a total jerk in his scenes with Justin and with Victor. I never, ever thought I'd say this as I've always been a Bope fan...but I think a little Jupe might be refreshing. ;)

Philip and Melanie were meh - not because the actors didn't do a good job, but I just don't care. And I actually like the character of Melanie - but they've pretty much killed Philip for me with the back and forth over the 'love of his life' for about five minutes Stephanie. Melanie deserves better...and his name is Nathan. :wub:

Nicole and Rafe were actually fun to watch. AZ had me laughing out loud at the end of the segment in the convent "Ain't that right, sis?" :lol: She made Rafe look like...what did EJ call him?? Oh yes, a jackass. Good description! I think it might stick. I never would have thought I'd be rooting for Nicole in the baby switch reveal but I thoroughly enjoyed watching her make jackass look like the total tool he is. Great stuff! And then with Stefano, when she asks him about what happened to Sr. Theresa and he does the sign of the cross and says, "A nun? Bite your tongue woman!" I was :roflol: AZ and JM are absolutely great together!

Is it me, or did Alison Sweeney seem to have the same stunned reaction on her face as most of the viewers did when Brady referred to himself as Sami's older brother? :$ I enjoyed their scene together, but it definitely came across as a bit forced. Particularly given that they were commiserating about a sister and brother who happen to be their current 'loves'. Weird, much?

And finally, I thought James Scott was stellar during his scenes in the park. It was nice to see him playing the controlled rage with a lot more control. Not the yelling and screaming...the angrier he got talking about Grace the quieter he spoke. THAT is the EJ I love...the guy who can show every emotion but not have to scream it out at the top of his lungs. And I loved the way AS played the scene as well. It seemed like Sami was actually taking in the impact her deception regarding the baby had done to him - how deeply she hurt him. I found it interesting that the scene started with her being very friendly - mentioning to EJ the e-mail of pictures of Johnny. I had the impression she felt they are back to the co-parenting, somewhat friendly relationship they shared prior to Grace's death...she seemed surprised to find that EJ is still so angry. The scene was overly heavy with anvils of what's to come - EJ asking her how she'd feel if a child she'd just given birth to was ripped away from her without giving her a chance to know her. DUH! We get it writers... :huh: But it's no surprise that I can enjoy just about any EJami interaction we get, particularly since it's been so few and far between. I thought this scene was better than much of what we've seen from them for months.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I caught the "big brother" remark too, and it irked the hell out of me.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 11 2009, 09:35 AM
Alligato

They've only known they were cousins for a year and a half, and I'm not positive Brady's gotten that memo. Brady was raised as Sami's stepbrother with Sami's half-sister by the same parents who raised Sami. Sami referred to John as dad the entire time she was growing up. Brady referred to Marlena as mom off and on his entire life. They're more siblings than they are cousins, IMO.
I understand that, but Sami's parents are Roman and Marlena. Brady's parents are John and Isabella. I don't remember them all that close growing up or even living together. And from what I remember, Sami always called John, John. Not daddy. And Brady may have called Marlena "mom" once in awhile, but still. They are NOT brother and sister like they are trying to play it.
It is just brought up all the time and it annoys me.
Not that big of a deal though.

EJ did do a bit better yesterday with the controlled anger. That is the slick man I remember. Keep it cool, dude! The Sami/EJ conversation is getting a bit old though. Has Sami ever apologized? Is that what EJ is looking for?

Oh and SocR - I loved when Stefano was appalled that Nicole thought he killed a nun. Those two are funny yet serious together! Bring on Stefanole! :)

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

My understanding is that they did live together but you just didn't see Brady all those years because he was upstairs. Sami grew up call John 'dad' because she thought he was Roman for many years. I can also see why they consider themselves siblings since they have a sister in common via Belle.

I am really surprised that the 'Big brother' comment has everyone so upset. It is hard to see EM's Brady as younger than AS but at the same time I took it as them being cute in the sense the big brothers typically save their little sisters. Little brothers grow up and can do the same thing, so I didn't see it as a big deal but them being cute with a play on words.

sungrey

daysfan
Sep 9 2009, 06:06 PM
Quote:

Lindsey Hartley was amazing today. She really held her own in those scenes with John Aniston. I would love to see more scenes between Arianna and Victor. I could totally see a Bo/Carly/Victor vibe coming, only this time with Brady and Arianna. To keep Arianna away from Brady, Victor takes her for himself instead. After Hartley and Aniston's scenes today, I would go for it.

This just in: Victor has been recasted with Ben Masters! :P
That had better be sarcasm there. (Channels Faye Dunaway) NO MORE PASSIONS ACTORS, EVER! :soapbox:

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't see the "big brother" comment as a huge deal. First off, it might have been a flubbed line (not likely, but possible). I remember once when Steve referred to Kayla as Bo's little sister. It was probably a flubbed line by SN and actually worked for the scene since Bo was treating Kayla like a little sister. But, even if it wasn't, there is so much SORASing and DeSORASing going on all the time that it's hard for me to get upset about stuff like this. If I did, I would also have to get upset about the fact that Stephanie is like 4 years older than Philip, that EJ is only like 11 years old, that Shawn D was like 8 years older than Belle even though they went to high school together, etc., etc.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

While there are still areas that need improvement, I think Days is getting better. It seems they are focusing more on family involvement. Today, there were scenes between Phillip and his father while Bo talked to Roman about his problems with Hope. I'd like to see more of these types of interactions.

Is Roman finally going to be in a storyline serving as Ari's boss? I'm not a big fan of the character but if Days is going to keep him on contract they should use him more. Abe and Lexie also need to be featured more prominently. The Bo and Hope story has been kicked off and I'm enjoying seeing them on my screen more. I like having Justin involved in that story. If Days spent more time on those stories it would balance things out more so it doesn't look like Days is catering to an audience of teenagers.

I hope with the returns of Vivian and Carly we will see more focus on the over 30 crowd. Will and Mia aren't on that much and that is OK with me because both of them need more acting lessons. I think Casey is the strongest actor of the three in that triangle.

LH is a big improvement as Ari but I think she, Brady, Melanie and Nathan could be featured less. The Phil and Stephanie back and forth has to stop as well.

Cupcake06

I like Rafe/Galen better when he's in Nicole's orbit.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I loved Friday's show. The way Justin went in and saved Hope and Ciara was awesome!! I'm not rooting for them to hook up though. I really dislike Hope these days and I don't want someone as awesome as Justin to sink down with her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

WHEN THE FUCK ARE CARLY AND VIVIAN COMING BACK?!?!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 13 2009, 11:04 AM
WHEN THE FUCK ARE CARLY AND VIVIAN COMING BACK?!?!
October.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Jesus Christ. They're the only reason I'm watching this boring ass show. I'm trying to get re-acquainted with the characters and stories before Carly and Vivian make their triumphant returns, but it's so boring I don't know if I'll manage to make it through.

Does Victor's drug dealing have anything to do with Carly's return? I remember reading that he would be involved in her story, so I need to know if I should watch his story more closely or keep fast-forwarding.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 13 2009, 11:30 AM
Jesus Christ. They're the only reason I'm watching this boring ass show. I'm trying to get re-acquainted with the characters and stories before Carly and Vivian make their triumphant returns, but it's so boring I don't know if I'll manage to make it through.

Does Victor's drug dealing have anything to do with Carly's return? I remember reading that he would be involved in her story, so I need to know if I should watch his story more closely or keep fast-forwarding.
Hell if I know. I ain't watching this shit.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply