Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/7 - 9/11
Topic Started: Sep 7 2009, 11:31 AM (3,696 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I'm watching because of Justin. That was an awesome decision on their part. Only if they don't ruin the character though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Jinx, that's why I'm watching too. I'm really hoping against hope that they bring back Adrienne too!! On average, it takes me about 10 mintues to watch at 60 minute show. These storylines are kind of like a hamster on a wheel. They are running with no where to go!! Just when I think a storyline is going forward, I watch again and realize it's not going anywhere!! I know that some see the show as moving forward but I'm just not seeing it. I'm really going to give it a try and watch more but I'm having a hard time watching the 10 minutes!! I'm just frustrated with this show!

I worry about how things will pan out when Viv and Carly come back. I'm almost thinking that if you aren't part of that world, you won't be seen on the show. So, here we go again-- we will see the SAME actors with the SAME storylines for MONTHS!!! Sigh-- I really hope I"m wrong.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

I was shocked to see Roman as Arianna's boss. I don't remember it in spoliers. Roman or both are probably working undercover.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

DAYSisHOT
Sep 13 2009, 06:15 PM
I was shocked to see Roman as Arianna's boss. I don't remember it in spoliers. Roman or both are probably working undercover.
I wish I could say I was shocked to find out that Arianna is working undercover as a cop - but I knew there was no way they'd actually go forward with this chick actually being a drug dealer, particularly when LH took on the role. I think it would have been a much more interesting story if they had, though. :ermm:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

what confuses me about the whole ari undercover thing it why didn't roman hire rafe? how much does rafe know? what secrets lay in ari's past that she doesn't want brady to find out about?

I didn't realize how short LH is if Molly is taller.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Have they said whether Arianna is actually working undercover? Or is she an informant--working on behalf of the police as part of some arrangement? If she's an informant, she probably has a criminal past. Rafe applied to be a regular police officer, I thought. But if Arianna is an informant presumably she has information gleaned from her own criminal activities. That would make her different from an undercover officer, and it would explain, to me, why Roman might be using Arianna without having hired Rafe. Or maybe Arianna is an undercover officer but doesn't have "fired from the FBI" on her CV. I have a hard time paying attention to LH's Arianna. She seems like a sweetheart but wrong for the role. I would like her fine in some other role, but I don't feel like she has a handle on her character.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

No, they haven't acutally said anything. all we saw was her telling roman she couldn't do this anymore or something like that and in the preview she didn't want brady to know some secret. it does look like she was some big time drug dealer and now she's an informant as you say. What does CV mean? I can see how some people might not like LH's Ari considering how many people have hyped her up but imo the first time ari spilled coffe or whatever it was on brady, I thought the role of ari was for LH in the first place. Right now the Ari character is so unestablished that we really dont have an idea of who she is, not that i'm expecting them to bust out some interesting original twist or anything.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 13 2009, 11:01 PM
What does CV mean? I can see how some people might not like LH's Ari considering how many people have hyped her up but imo the first time ari spilled coffe or whatever it was on brady, I thought the role of ari was for LH in the first place. Right now the Ari character is so unestablished that we really dont have an idea of who she is, not that i'm expecting them to bust out some interesting original twist or anything.
CV = curriculum vitae.

I really never had a problem with Felisha in the first place, but certainly in retrospect it seems to me that she was doing a good job at playing a woman who was trying to avoid an attraction/romantic interest and she seemed far more plausible to me as a tough, guarded person. LH's Arianna is like a sweet bouncy kitten and it just doesn't work for me. I agree Felisha didn't have much chemistry with EM but the writing was so bad for them as a potential couple that I don't really blame her. I'm also not seeing this legendary chemistry between EM and LH, though perhaps I will at some point.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Sep 14 2009, 06:55 AM
Halloween Family
Sep 13 2009, 11:01 PM
What does CV mean? I can see how some people might not like LH's Ari considering how many people have hyped her up but imo the first time ari spilled coffe or whatever it was on brady, I thought the role of ari was for LH in the first place. Right now the Ari character is so unestablished that we really dont have an idea of who she is, not that i'm expecting them to bust out some interesting original twist or anything.
CV = curriculum vitae.

I really never had a problem with Felisha in the first place, but certainly in retrospect it seems to me that she was doing a good job at playing a woman who was trying to avoid an attraction/romantic interest and she seemed far more plausible to me as a tough, guarded person. LH's Arianna is like a sweet bouncy kitten and it just doesn't work for me. I agree Felisha didn't have much chemistry with EM but the writing was so bad for them as a potential couple that I don't really blame her. I'm also not seeing this legendary chemistry between EM and LH, though perhaps I will at some point.
I feel exactly the same way. LH is very engaging...very likable. But is that the way I'm supposed to feel about Arianna? It's such a stark difference from FT's Ari that it's jarring. I have a hard time remembering it's supposed to be the same person.

And I agree...I'm just not seeing this breathtaking chemistry with Eric M. Dammit. :hmmph: I was really hoping that at least out of all of this he'd finally get some great stuff to play.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Quote:

I'm also not seeing this legendary chemistry between EM and LH, though perhaps I will at some point.

Quote:

And I agree...I'm just not seeing this breathtaking chemistry with Eric M. Dammit. :hmmph: I was really hoping that at least out of all of this he'd finally get some great stuff to play.
I loved Ethan and Theresa in the day but it was all about Theresa, when they did the Ethan recast with EM, I didn't even hardly do a double take. There was so much build up and struggle for Theresa to get Ethan that when they did get together there was passion, so it was really weird seeing LH & EM already going at it from the get go, especially considering FT's Ari was gaurded and cold. and while I think EM & LH have chemistry as Brady and Ari it's kind of ho-hum, there's familiarity but no fire. It was just so blatant that they had LH in mind when they created Ari.

thanks for the definition.
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 14 2009, 11:21 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

I have to join in with the lack of chemistry between EM and LH. Well, that's maybe a little harsh. I think they have chemistry, but it has nothing to do with the characters. LH's take on Arianna is just way off, IMO. As others have said, the change is too jarring and it doesn't fit with this character who is supposedly an undercover cop or informant or whatever. There is no guardedness there. No sense of trying to stay away and keep a distance but being pulled in despite it. So, while the chemistry is better, the character is worse and no longer seems to fit the story.

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 14 2009, 07:57 AM
I was really hoping that at least out of all of this he'd finally get some great stuff to play.
I would tack the word "naked" onto the end of your sentence . . . . It's just depressing that every time Brady's been shirtless it's been in the presence of someone I loathe (Melanie), with whom the sexual chemistry was lacking (Felisha's Arianna) or with someone with whom he has some chemistry but whose character, as esp13 put it, no longer fits the story. Perhaps the show needs to write in a lawyer from Texas as Brady's new love interest, maybe one who's an LSU fan? Maybe a Spurs fan too? I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.

Halloween Family, I agree with you (I think) that maybe the problem is that I didn't have time to get used to LH's Arianna before she was in bed with Brady. That's what made it feel like a one night stand to me and not the culmination of what was already a relatively brief attraction/budding relationship.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Sep 14 2009, 12:24 PM
SocRMum1
Sep 14 2009, 07:57 AM
I was really hoping that at least out of all of this he'd finally get some great stuff to play.
I would tack the word "naked" onto the end of your sentence . . . . It's just depressing that every time Brady's been shirtless it's been in the presence of someone I loathe (Melanie), with whom the sexual chemistry was lacking (Felisha's Arianna) or with someone with whom he has some chemistry but whose character, as esp13 put it, no longer fits the story. Perhaps the show needs to write in a lawyer from Texas as Brady's new love interest, maybe one who's an LSU fan? Maybe a Spurs fan too? I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.

Halloween Family, I agree with you (I think) that maybe the problem is that I didn't have time to get used to LH's Arianna before she was in bed with Brady. That's what made it feel like a one night stand to me and not the culmination of what was already a relatively brief attraction/budding relationship.

I see the chemistry and the both of them together but I think the problem is LH's acting style is making her version of Arianna come on too strong. I think the writers took the opportunity to reinvent the character with the recast and I like that because I prefer her like this but I think it's turned those who liked the way things were going before off.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 14 2009, 04:12 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply