Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place
Topic Started: Sep 8 2009, 09:27 AM (7,276 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

Posted Image

I thought I'd start a new thread for the spoiler free people. The new version kicks off tonight on the CW.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Who else is excited for tonight?

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 8 2009, 02:29 PM
Who else is excited for tonight?
I am!!!! :wave:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's already set to record on my dvr...I might not get a chance to watch it till tomorrow..But i'm very excited..

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I am hopeful. All of the reviews I have read gave it "A's" and B's"

Mason
Member Avatar

I've seen both good and bad reviews, but either way, I'm still so excited for the show.I only agree with critics about half the time anyway, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Figures that they would put this on at the same time as Big Brother, LoL. Bastards!

I'll probably watch it overnight. Let's just hope it's good.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'll be flipping back and forth I guess. I'm just glad I woke up in time to catch this and the 90210 season premiere... ^_^
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Just another minute or two....

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

The CW is going to re-air this Friday in case anyone misses it or etc.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Pretty good so far. I don't know if I like how close the tenants appear to be. You can't tell me that everyone in that complex gets along with each other. I hope that changes soon.

I wonder if the writers even changed the dialogue when they couldn't get Heather Locklear's Amanda and settled for Laura Leighton's Sydney. Everything Sydney has said so far could've came out of Amanda's mouth. Every last word.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 8 2009, 08:22 PM
I wonder if the writers even changed the dialogue when they couldn't get Heather Locklear's Amanda and settled for Laura Leighton's Sydney. Everything Sydney has said so far could've came out of Amanda's mouth. Every last word.
It's funny you should say that because I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING.

And, yeah, Sydney made a lot of trouble in her day, but I doubt any of the old tenants would tremble in fear of her the way that she implied.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 8 2009, 08:23 PM
And, yeah, Sydney made a lot of trouble in her day, but I doubt any of the old tenants would tremble in fear of her the way that she implied.
That's what I thought. Amanda intimidated every single tenant. Sydney just annoyed them.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

After watching the little bit that I have so far, I believe that if Locklear would've signed on to play Amanda, David would still be Jake's son and Thomas Calabro would've never been asked to come back. They only brought Michael back because of the Sydney connection.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't like how all the tenants are so friendly, either. It's boring. This is Melrose Place. We need some rivalries.

Mason
Member Avatar

ASW is terrible. She's the Shenae Grimes of this show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thinking back on the original, everyone got along at the beginning, but as we all know, that quickly changed upon the arrivals of Amanda, Kimberly and Jo. Hopefully, we'll be introduced the new show's "Amanda, Kimberly and Jo" very soon.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, here are my thoughts...

The writing and acting were very so-so, but I was entertained. God knows it was a hell of a lot better than 90210 last year. I just hope they work on the dialogue, because that was a key element of the original MP.

My favorite characters so far are Ella (though, try as they might, she'll never be Amanda), David, and Auggie.

The tenants memorializing Sydney in the courtyard was the hokiest thing ever. I didn't buy that for a second.

I think Violet is going to turn out to be a daughter Sydney gave up for adoption, and I still think Michael will be revealed to be Sydney's killer.

Looking forward to next week!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just a random guess. But maybe the killer is Jane gone crazy again!

I liked well enough. Ella is definitely ts the favorite for me. You could tell she doesn't like Hayley at all and desperately wants Jonah, so I hope she does something to achieve that goal. Speaking of Hayley, looks like she's the bore of the season. Snooze-fest LOL

David and Auggie are gorgeous and physically my eyes won't let me look away.

The worst thing about ASW is that if Violet was played by someone better, her character would be divine. :(

And just in case you're wondering, I would have taken both money propositions in heartbeat ;)

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply