Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place
Topic Started: Sep 8 2009, 09:27 AM (7,088 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I've enjoyed the past couple of episodes and wish the show had been like this from the beginning.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Heather looks gorgeous in those pictures! Thank God the hair stylists came to their senses!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Rhi
Mar 24 2010, 05:07 PM
I've enjoyed the past couple of episodes and wish the show had been like this from the beginning.
Yep. They never should have started off with a murder mystery.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Spoilers for 3/30 episode.

Spoiler: click to toggle

KMan101
Member Avatar

Can't wait to see Jo, Jane, Amanda and Michael reunited!!

It's a shame we didn't get any Jo/Syd, or Jane/Syd scenes :(

Mason
Member Avatar

KMan101
Mar 26 2010, 06:15 PM
It's a shame we didn't get any Jo/Syd, or Jane/Syd scenes :(
I still think it's strange that they didn't have a single Jane/Sydney flashback in the episode that Josie Bissett guested in, like they did with Michael and even Amanda (I'm still wondering what the purpose of that flashback even was).

KMan101
Member Avatar

Agreed.

Syd's back in the final episode, BTW. The episode sounds good, too. Damn, why couldn't Melrose be like it is now all along? :shame:
Edited by KMan101, Mar 27 2010, 05:31 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Ugh missed half the episode tonight since some family came over. I loved Lauren coming clean to everyone. I see Jane's still a bitch. They should of hooked Jane & Michael up. Jane always seemed to fall for Michael everytime.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Jane WAS still a bitch which really irked me, but I saw the old Jane when she was around Michael. She snarked about how she should reconsider their second divorce because of his heart valve invention, but then when he wanted to turn back the clock and get together for old times sake she said she would never be that desperate. LOL. Loved it!

Amanda was at her witty best tonight, but it just feels kinda empty to me. It's just not the same :( Her and Jo was over way too quick but I really liked it. I hate how Amanda is just rolling over for Jane and then she rolled over for Jo. Loved Amanda mentioning to Jo how D&D and WPK have handed her the career she has. SO true.

EDIT:

It was nice to see Amanda, Jo, Jane and Michael together again, but I don't recall Jo and Jane ever really repairing their friendship after the Richard debacle, or maybe I missed it. They acted like girlfriends. I was glad to see tension between Jane and Amanda, after all, in Amanda's eyes, Jane probably "stole" Kyle from her.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 31 2010, 03:54 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Yeah, I don't remember Jane & Jo ever dealing with the whole Richard crap. Jo's exit storyline was so damn rushed.

But I was all Team Jo even though I hated Jo & Richard together. I wish Jo would of punched Jane back.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I also really disliked Jo with Richard. Jo turned into such an unlikable bitch with him. She had such an attitude abotu her when she was with him. I hated it. I liked Jake with nearly everyone he was with but he and Jo were really great. I really liked how they remained friends. Sucks they weren't written off together. Jo's exit was far too rushed. I don't know the specifics of Daphne Zuniga leaving but I'm going to take a wild guess she decided last minute to leave so they rushed to give her a happy ending. I didn't really like that guy she was written out with. I've even blocked his damn name out of my brain!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Ugh that guy Jo was with sucked big time. I think his name was Dominick. He was such a jerk to Jo too.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Dominick! That was it! He was. I really didn't like any of the guys Jo was with her last season. Richard and Dominick were both cringe worthy choices. I think I actually liked Dominick in the season finale but up until that point, man I hated him. And Jo was always a favorite of mine, but Season 4 didn't serve her well at all. No wonder Daphne Zuniga bolted!

Mason
Member Avatar

Season 4 didn't serve anyone very well. Everyone was a hateful asshole that year.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It was definitely an UGLY year. I still enjoyed the season, but it was an ugly season. I think everyone was just miserable, LOL, everyone was arguing with each other, sleeping with each other and were just so miserable.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The last two episodes were so good. Why couldnt it have been like this from the start?

And why does Jane want Ella fired? I missed her first ep.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think Ella betrayed Sydney or something. Jane had some e-mails between Ella and Syd and blackmailed Ella into forcing a celebrity to wear a dress Jane designed, but then David turned the tables on Jane.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Tue's eppy was rather boring. So sad were only going to get one more episode :(

KMan101
Member Avatar

Syd's back in the finale, at least.

I'm sad the show never lived up to it's potential until it's fate was basically sealed :(

What they've done since coming back from the long break has been pretty good. Very Melrose. It was dumb to start with a murder mystery. It ruined any appeal the show had by thrusting new characters into such a dark storyline and it didn't help matters that they resurrected Sydney (a popular move) only to off her before the opening title flashed on the screen.

I think the revamp can be summed up as one big missed opportunity.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I think the show's fate was sealed when it was announced it would be on the CW. I wish Fox wouldn't of given up the rights to the 90210 & Melrose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply