Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Melrose Place
Topic Started: Sep 8 2009, 09:27 AM (7,038 Views)
cassie1013

I am pooped, but wanted to say the following:

Ashlee Simpson is fucking horrible, as expected. She needs an acting coach pronto. Did anyone else notice they edited out the fact that she's in high school and 18? I always thought that was a bad idea..but the line she says to Lauren was supposed to be, "Here I am 6 months out of high school, trying to give you some stupid advice."

Jonah and Riley's romance took up way too much screen time. Not only is Riley one note, being the first episode, the audience isn't going to have any investment in the couple.

Love Ella. Love David. Not enough Michael, and also felt I was hearing Syd say Amanda's lines...very lazy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I thought it was a very decent pilot episode. I found the feel to be a bit choppy but I'm sure they'll work it out.

I couldn't agree more with Ashlee Simpson-Wentz. She was just beyond horrible. Shame since Violet is a very interesting character.

Don't really care much for David. I find the actor has too much of a baby face to be a bad guy.

Love Lauren. The actress is freaking stunning. You could tell she struggled with her accent at times.

Jonah/Riley's lovey dovey stuff won't last long. I think Jonah could turn out to be a great character. I love his friendship with Ella. Riley is beyond boring. She's the Alison Parker 2.0.

Auggie is very mysterious. I can't wait to see more of him.

Ella and Katie Cassidy is the best thing of this show. Ella is just pure love. I can't wait for the prospect of Ella & Amanda in a scene. My mother was in complete shock at the end when Ella was kissing the chick.

Michael/Sydney were great as well. I love how Michael wants nothing to do with his old life. I'm calling Michael's wife as Syd's killer.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Not looking good folks....

On that note, season two of 90210 opened last in the 8 p.m. hour, with a 1.6 rating/3 share in the overnights. One year earlier, the 90210 remake debuted with a significantly larger 3.9/ 6 on Sept. 2, 2008. On the year-ago evening, it scored a 2.8/ 7. Do the math, and last night’s performance dipped by 59 percent from the series-premiere and 43 percent from the year-ago performance. Yes…that is severe.

90210 led into the series-premiere of Melrose Place at an equally disappointing (and last-place) 1.9/ 3 at 9 p.m. Although that was up by 19 percent from 90210, one year earlier former failed occupant Privileged kicked-off with a 2.6/ 4 (on Sept. 9, 2008). Comparably, that was 37 percent higher than Melrose Place. While I always say you cannot judge any show by one night of overnights, this is disappointing for The CW.
Edited by Nubia, Sep 9 2009, 09:41 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Meh. The CW won't ever pull in good numbers, regardless of what's on the air. I don't see the CW letting ratings affect them. 90210 dropped a lot last year and it's not even considered an "on-the-bubble" show. I see Melrose as the same.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Well.....ratings can only get so low. Besides, the CW network itself isn't on the most stable ground.

Smallville, One Tree Hill and ANTM are both showing their age, and Gossip Girl has never reached its true potential in the ratings.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nubia
Sep 9 2009, 12:19 AM
Jane and Sydney's parents kept their share of secrets. Remember, they dropped the bomb that Jane was adopted. So, I could imagine them keeping Sydney's secret.
That is true, but would Jane really never say anything about Sydney's pregnancy? I'm sure Jane would've been around while Sydney was pregnant if she was a pregnant teen. Jane wasn't that much older than Sydney. I would've thought Jane would have thrown that in Syd's face at one point in their arguments. I just don't believe it.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Syd could of had the child when Jane went off to college.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, I thought about that too. That definitely could've happened.

I'm just annoyed by the obvious-ness that Sydney was never supposed to be brought back from the dead.

King
Member Avatar

Sucks about the ratings, but I wasn't expecting a ratings hit by any means.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Watched the premiere and thought it was alright. I wasn't blown out of the water, and yes I'm the anti-ASW train.

There was definitely enought to keep me around for more, so I hope it just keeps building on what we've seen. I wasn't thrown off by the tenets being so close either. As someone pointed out, in the original, that's how things started out too. It was through the rest of season one and into season two that we got see these 'friends' torn apart by such crazy shit. That's where this version really can't let the ball drop. IMO, Melrose Place, old or new, needs to have that camp/over-top-feeling to it, w/ lots of insane things going on. If they can take the formula from the original and up-date it to the 21st century, they could do really well for themselves.

It'll be interesting to see how these next few episodes play out.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I enjoyed tonights episode. I think it was much better than the pilot. I enjoyed the Auggie and Sydney flashbacks. It is interesting to see the different relationships that she had with the tenants.

And even though we all suspected, I am glad they confirmed the mother/daughter connection between Syd and Violet. Even though I doubt she is the killer, I hope Violet is a "one season psycho" because ASW is just painful to watch.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tonight's episode was much better than the pilot. I'm definitely not hopeful, something I wasn't 100% last week.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Wow. Episode 2 didn't even get two million viewers AND the ratings dropped at the half hour. 90210 was pretty much on par with what it got last week. I doubt this show is even going to get it's back nine. Overall I'm not surprised. The production styling is too dark and the dialogue is as cheesy as it gets. The original Melrose Place was over the top and campy, but they had a specific style, developed multi-dimensional characters and executed it well. I hated how hard they made Sydney for example. She was also so cute and funny. Where did all that go? Geez.

Unlike 90210, they had it easy when it comes to integrating the old cast members. They should've had Michael, Sydney, Jane and a few others as series regulars interacting with the newbies. These newbies overall seem so young and immature and never would've fit in with the original characters. I wonder if they have a last ditch plan to save this DOA show.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I liked last nights show..My fear is that i'm going to get into the show and its going to get canceled..Bummer

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just watched the second episode. I was thoroughly entertained with it from beginning to end, except for Ashlee Simpson. Alexis Thorpe would have been perfect damn it!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Sep 16 2009, 06:13 PM
Alexis Thorpe would have been perfect damn it!
Yes!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^ooOoo! I never even thought of her. Definitely would have been a better choice. Sigh, if the show lives on, hopefully she wont be on long.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mateo
Sep 16 2009, 06:40 PM
^^ooOoo! I never even thought of her. Definitely would have been a better choice. Sigh, if the show lives on, hopefully she wont be on long.
Sigh, I ALWAYS think of her. I'm like her biggest fan :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Amello
Sep 16 2009, 06:42 PM
Mateo
Sep 16 2009, 06:40 PM
Sigh, I ALWAYS think of her. I'm like her biggest fan :wub:
LoL, the last time I remember being really excited about her was when she was cast in the Dark Shadows revival a few years back. I still wish I could get my hands on that pilot!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm actually a bit worried about the drop. Sigh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply