Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Cover Sept. 22nd
Topic Started: Sep 8 2009, 04:47 PM (3,991 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Sep 10 2009, 01:18 PM
He is the one who has gotten all the facts and evidence together about the switch and the one who will let Sami know.
And the fact that he is the one who has pulled it all together (while refusing to share his suspicions or concerns with his 'soul mate' - thus leaving her completely in the dark) is the reason he likely won't be the one to reveal it all. He's being taken out of commission for a reason - and I believe it will be long enough to allow EJami to reconnect in a big way. No doubt, he'll be free to come back and tell all just about the time that Sami and EJ admit their love for one another and then...TAAA DAAAA...another triangle. :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 10 2009, 01:18 PM
I'm ever the optimist though. Now that Rafe will be out of the picture, I'm hopeful that this storyline can get back to the people it should be focusing on - EJ, Sami and Nicole. I'm also looking forward to seeing Mia and Chad get involved too.

How is Rafe going to be out of the picture in this S/l? I understand that he will be kidnapped by Meredith, but we don't know for how long. Besides, the spoilers say that she wants Rafe back and is worried that she doesn't know where he is. I am betting that Sami gets Brady and Ari and goes looking for him. She isn't going to let her soulmate out of her sight for that long. Rafe is being set up to be the hero in this s/l, as much as some may hate it. He is the one who has gotten all the facts and evidence together about the switch and the one who will let Sami know.
Well since most everyone is in agreement that the final reveal will happen in November, I'm guessing Rafe will be gone at least that long, unless he comes back before then but doesn't tell what he knows. And I'm not convinced that he will be the one to reveal the switch. I think it will get revealed another way.

As for how Sami is going to spend her time while Rafe is away, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Sep 10 2009, 03:38 AM
I understand that many here are frustrated and upset that the story has not resolved, and some claim to have lost interest alltogether .. But the numbers say that Days is doing much better than it was in 2007, and 2008 .. So while many here say they are over it , its clear that other Days fans feel otherwise and are interested and even enjoying what they are watching.. They may be frustrated too .. Days has always been frustrating .. but they keep tuning in and hoping that today will be the day something happens.. That 'Something' being different for everyone.. Lucky for DOOL the majority of its viewers are probably not on this board, or any other site.. They simply watch shows they like.. I know that *I* am the only person I know who watches soaps and takes part in any message boards.. We infact are the minority..As most just watch TV.
The show is doing better ranking wise, but all the other shows are doing much worse. The actual ratings aren't better statistically. The overall average is the same. One particular week in the year may be better than that same particular week of the year last year, but if you look at the year as a whole, they're in the exact same place. At this point both 2008 and 2009 are averaging a 2.0.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Sep 10 2009, 11:15 AM
It seems to me that part of what kills the show now is the dialogue these characters are given. It's so bland, and so repetitive. And I realize repetitive dialogue is a soap staple, but it seems we're being overrun with it these past several months. There are times it has me rolling my eyes - other times I want to pull my hair out. Even if I enjoy the characters, I don't want to hear them saying the same inane things, over and over again.
I dont think soaps have to resort to instant gratification, it's just insulting when the dialogue is so repetive and the fake outs are too much to take. Soaps can survive the ridiculous ott s/l's if there is good dialogue, even better if it's witty, heck how about intelligent. Character development complete with insights couldn't hurt. And good acting. Personally, I could give a rats ass about everyone using the same cell phone especially if the money was used to help some of the actors emote and refine things like accents. Hopefully, in all that mess the characters/actors could connect romantically, plantonically or in a familial way.
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 10 2009, 04:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Sep 10 2009, 02:12 PM
Taelyn
Sep 10 2009, 03:38 AM
I understand that many here are frustrated and upset that the story has not resolved, and some claim to have lost interest alltogether .. But the numbers say that Days is doing much better than it was in 2007, and 2008 .. So while many here say they are over it , its clear that other Days fans feel otherwise and are interested and even enjoying what they are watching.. They may be frustrated too .. Days has always been frustrating .. but they keep tuning in and hoping that today will be the day something happens.. That 'Something' being different for everyone.. Lucky for DOOL the majority of its viewers are probably not on this board, or any other site.. They simply watch shows they like.. I know that *I* am the only person I know who watches soaps and takes part in any message boards.. We infact are the minority..As most just watch TV.
The show is doing better ranking wise, but all the other shows are doing much worse. The actual ratings aren't better statistically. The overall average is the same. One particular week in the year may be better than that same particular week of the year last year, but if you look at the year as a whole, they're in the exact same place. At this point both 2008 and 2009 are averaging a 2.0.
WORD!Not better at all
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I wouldn't put soaps on my cover that don't sell. LOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Taelyn

I cant imagine any scenario aside from blackmail that will bring Sami together with EJ.
Its possible that he will use a tactic he knows well, and force her to accept him if she wants any contact with Sydney.. But thats the only way I see it happening.
And that story still leaves open the Safe love story because Rafe will ofcourse do anything to rescue her and sydney from that type of life.

Sami is not going to wake up one morning and decide... "Hey .. I guess I really do love EJ, to hell with Rafe and all the love I feel for him." Knowing about Sydney wont change whats in her heart, she has always known she had a child with him, and always known he loves his children .. it didnt make her in love with him before, and it wont now, He is still a DiMera and only slightly better than his father... She may even believe he had a part in the whole kidnapping. ~shrugs~
Edited by Taelyn, Sep 21 2009, 02:46 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
Sep 21 2009, 02:45 AM
I cant imagine any scenario aside from blackmail that will bring Sami together with EJ.
Its possible that he will use a tactic he knows well, and force her to accept him if she wants any contact with Sydney.. But thats the only way I see it happening.
And that story still leaves open the Safe love story because Rafe will ofcourse do anything to rescue her and sydney from that type of life.

Sami is not going to wake up one morning and decide... "Hey .. I guess I really do love EJ, to hell with Rafe and all the love I feel for him." Knowing about Sydney wont change whats in her heart, she has always known she had a child with him, and always known he loves his children .. it didnt make her in love with him before, and it wont now, He is still a DiMera and only slightly better than his father... She may even believe he had a part in the whole kidnapping. ~shrugs~
Of course, we won't know how it will happen until we see how it is written but I have every confidence that the lingering love between EJ and Sami is just about to be rekindled. Perhaps once EJ finds out about Nicole's miscarriage and her lies to cover up he will confide in Sami? That may lead to them spending more time together and rebuilding their friendship and love since EJ will no longer be fooled by Nicole's manipulations and Stefano likely won't dare to intervene on her behalf for fear his involvement will be discovered. Or maybe EJ finds out almost immediately that Stefano is involved and turns his back on his father - which has always been the primary stumbling block for EJami.

However it happens I think now more than ever the indications are that EJami is on the cusp of being reunited. No doubt that will be filled with lots of angst and issues from all the baggage they'll both be dealing with - but I'm excited to see where we're headed. Finally. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Taelyn
Sep 21 2009, 02:45 AM
This is the same as the other thread I locked. There is no need to bump an older thread just to restart the Ejami/Safe war here. Please use the Weekly Discussion thread to discuss general points about the show, and please don't use it (or this board) for fanbase wars.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic