Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Baby Switch Exposed!; Sept 22nd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Sep 9 2009, 11:26 AM (5,795 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with Ali Sweeney, Ari Zucker and Galen Gering.

Nicole is trying to convince Sami that Rafe is being irrational in his investigation of Grace's death, and as part of this, she tells Sami that Rafe brought her to the convent as part of his investigation. Sami tells Nicole that she doesn't think Nicole had anything to do with Grace's death, but she also tells Nicole that she believes in Rafe and doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.

Sami does, however, go to the convent to see if Nicole's story is true. She finds that Rafe did indeed take Nicole there. Meanwhile, Nicole gets a restraining order against Rafe. However, this just makes Rafe more suspicious that something is going on. "It solidifies in his mind that this chick is totally hiding something," Galen Gering tells SOD. Rafe still isn't sure what's happening, but as Gering says, Rafe does know "that there is some connection between [Nicole] and Sami and Dr. Baker and Grace".

EJ hears about the restraining order and asks Nicole about it. Nicole tells EJ that she doesn't understand why Rafe is so obsessed with her. Ari Zucker tells SOD, "Technically, she is not lying. She is just not telling everything yet. Why tell everything when you don't have to?" Nicole and EJ make love, and then Nicole goes to the park to meet Brady. However, Rafe follows her there.

Rafe eavesdrops on their conversation. He can't hear everything, but he does hear Nicole say, "EJ can never find out about my miscarriage." Rafe doesn't know if Nicole is referring to a recent miscarriage, or if she perhaps had one long in the past.

Sami, meanwhile, is at the convent, and she calls Rafe after she has a talk with a nun there. In the course of Sami and Rafe's conversation, as Gering says, "it comes out that Baker took Grace away from Sami after the baby was born." Sami doesn't think she's said anything significant, but Rafe jumps all over this and begins questioning her. Ali Sweeney tells SOD, "[Sami] tells the story and it upsets her all over again and she just kind of hangs up on Rafe because it's bringing back all of these bad memories."

Rafe then talks to Sarah, a nurse at the clinic who was working with Dr. Baker. Sarah lets on that Dr. Baker was in the business of selling babies. Gering says, "It's on the heels of that that suddenly Rafe says, 'Holy sh--. Nicole had a miscarriage and somehow she found out Sami was pregnant by EJ and wanted that baby.'" Gering continues that before Rafe tells Sami, Rafe wants to make sure he has evidence, so he calls someone he knows at the FBI and asks if a DNA test can be run. The FBI contact tells him to provide something of Grace's and something of Sydney's, and then the test can be done.

Rafe calls Sami, but she's praying, so he leaves a message with a nun. Then, Rafe goes to Sami's to get samples for the DNA test. But who does he see there? Meredith, who, as Gering tells SOD, "smashes him in the head with the fireplace poker".

Meanwhile, Nicole has asked EJ to take her to Paris for a late honeymoon. SOD relates that Nicole does not plan on returning to Salem. Zucker says, "It's her way of getting out of town so she doesn't have to deal with Rafe or Sami... she has her family with her, and that's all that matters."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

As predicted...much ado about nothing. :shame:

For the love of everything that is soapy and angsty...can we PLEASE let the primary players back in to this story and then just get it over with?

Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This doesn't sound too bad.

Nicole Walker

Damn before he can even get a DNA test done Meredith smashes him over the head. I wonder if Rafe will remember what he found out. Is it just me or has EJ become a minor player in this story. I don't even feel it's about him anymore at all. It's more about RAfe, Sami and Nicole now.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Sep 9 2009, 11:47 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 9 2009, 11:26 AM
Rafe calls Sami, but she's praying
But of course.

Wow, Ellie, this must have been a tough summary to do--a lot of information--thanks for your usual great job. I have to say the reveal, after a shaky start, is unfolding in a relatively sensible way, in that I can understand how Rafe is gathering his clues. And at least it's moving fairly rapidly. I figured Rafe would be physically prevented from telling Sami what he's figured out, not that he chose not to tell her; I wonder what message he leaves. Although I am not a Sami or a Safe fan, if Sami saves Rafe I will be happy, because I have long complained about how women in Salem too often stand by helplessly and are the rescued instead of the rescuers.

Thanks for posting!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Sep 9 2009, 11:37 AM
This doesn't sound too bad.
I agree with you but I feel like it should've happened sooner. The pace of this is very Reilly, in a bad way. It's not building my anticipation; it's annoying.

I also feel like the FBI contact angle isn't soapy enough. It's a shame they don't at least reference the ISA. Or use Lexie, who I think is still a doctor, a Dimera, and has a babyswitching past of her own. Or even connect it to Dr. Dan somehow (he's a magic doctor, maybe nobody else in Salem can be trusted after the reveal about Dr. Baker selling babies) so his...incapacitation gets all twisted in this, and maybe Kate finds out what Rafe's up to and uses that knowledge to get help from Stefano or something. Then instead of using Meredith- another random person who hates the core Salemites- they could play Rafe continuously lying to Sami by hiding what he knows. Or not, and he and Sami go on a adventure to find magical Dr. Dan.

I dunno. If this is to be the primary story on the show- let's twist it up a bit more. Though whoever mentioned memory loss is probably spot on and we're in for some amnesia, which is pretty standard soap stuff.

Thanks for the article!

Ellie

Paxton
Sep 9 2009, 11:47 AM
Wow, Ellie, this must have been a tough summary to do--a lot of information--thanks for your usual great job.
Thanks so much, and you're very welcome! (These do take a while to do!)

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for putting this together Ellie. :)

It seems silly that Rafe is so sure that something is amiss, that he plans to get his hands on Sami's DNA, but still doesn't clue her in to the fact that something is wrong. Plot point writing at it's finest.

I feel like until Sami or EJ finds out some info on Nicole's shenanigans, the storyline is still just running in place. Rafe finding out the truth means nothing to me. Hopefully EJ will be finding out about Nicole's miscarriage in the next few weeks.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Wow! Rafe sure does a good job piecing all of this together..overhears the miscarriage comment then realizes Dr. Baker sells babies and puts two and two together and makes two hundred. LOL! Good job Rafe for using that FBI brain...not only did you get your ass out of telling Sami about your own secret, you figure out the big story that nobody else, including the sly EJ, could do.

I guess this doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks Ellie for getting this to us!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Sls being dragged on to the point of nauseum and fake outs are classic Passions...Another reason to despise Tomlin. We lost Ed Scott so that we could gain the man who was part of the worst Soap to ever grace tv. It just makes me sick.

esp13
Member Avatar

And yet, it's not actually revealed. So very Days.

Harmony233

Dragonish1
Sep 9 2009, 12:27 PM
Sls being dragged on to the point of nauseum and fake outs are classic Passions...Another reason to despise Tomlin. We lost Ed Scott so that we could gain the man who was part of the worst Soap to ever grace tv. It just makes me sick.
Its not just Days that does that though.I remeber the baby switch on AMC.They did the same thing.I think the baby switch on OLTL in the 80s lasted three years before the truth ever came out.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Sep 9 2009, 12:36 PM
Dragonish1
Its not just Days that does that though.I remeber the baby switch on AMC.They did the same thing.I think the baby switch on OLTL in the 80s lasted three years before the truth ever came out.
I could honestly see Tomlin and DH dragging this out for three years.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
It's pretty much classic Days also, especially the JER era...I think this sounds really good..And i'm pretty sure the big reveal will take place in November...

peaches179

Time for this storyline to END!

Thanks, Ellie!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie.

Could Meredith just kill that dullard Rafe? I'm sick of him in the EJ/Sami/Nicole storyline. He is stinking it up.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie! Looks very interesting. I'd love for Sami to be hero for Rafe. :wub:

aimees76
Member Avatar

I think it sounds decent. People keep complaning about the pace of the story, but it feels right to me. Having watched soaps for SO many years, longer journies to a reveal seem more true to the genre than these quickies that are in and out in a month or two. I hate fastfood storylines. I also kind of like more characters becoming involved as time goes on. For a long time DAYS was very clique-y with their characters' s/ls. I want to see the characters and their stories interwoven, not have it all about 2 or 3 people only.

I do think it is funny that the two dumbest characters on the show (Rafe and Chloe) are the two people who figure everything out (in their respective s/ls) in lightening speed.

jane1978

I think EJ fans should be very happy with this. Rafe knows everything and that means his part in it is practically over. They will lock him away with Meredith and focus on the rest of characters slowly unwrapping the mystery as well. EJ and Nicol have sex and they are planning to go on a honeymoon and there was also some talk about his upcoming birthday. Knowing Tomlinīs love for irony and foreshadowing itīs obvious things are about the get very ugly for them.

Tori

Thanks Ellie!

I think that this storyline has gone way past its expiration date and has landed in the land of WHO CARES! They are repeating dialog. How many times does Nicole have to tell Sidney "they are in the clear"? How many times does EJ have to enter the room to people whispering? How many times does Rafe have to look stupid and explain to Sami why he is at her place even though he said he was leaving town? How many times does Nicole have to look like she had shit her pants?

This storyline is OVER done! and when the big reveal comes it will be anticlimatic. Let me guess what happens - EJ and Nicole split up, Rafe goes missing, Sami thinks Rafe left town. EJ and Sami grow closer, closer, closer - they have a forgiveness talk end up making love and Rafe walks in on them. Sami goes running to Rafe and she later finds out that she is pregnant yet again with EJ's BABY!
Edited by Tori, Sep 9 2009, 03:42 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply