Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Guess the Stats
Topic Started: Sep 11 2009, 12:42 PM (873 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Later today I'll be releasing the actor & actress to appear in the most episodes for each of the past three decades. Which actor & actress do you think appeared the most in the 1980s, which ones led for the 1990s, and which ones have already secured the top spot for the 2000s? Make your guesses now and check back later today to see if you guessed correctly.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Not sure about 80's.

My Guess is:

90's: Deidre Hall/Drake Hogestyn
00's: Alison Sweeney/Peter Reckell

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

1980's

Deidre Hall (could easily be Kristian Alfonso or Mary Beth Evans too) and Stephen Nichols (could easily be Peter Reckell though)

1990's

Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall

2000's

Alison Sweeney and Peter Reckell
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 11 2009, 12:56 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Jason47
Sep 11 2009, 12:42 PM
which ones have already secured the top spot for the 2000s?
Does this mean the actor and actress who have already secured the top spots for the 2000s can't be surpassed? I guess it does since we're already in 2009, but just thought I'd ask.

Ponz
Member Avatar

80's: Hall/Shaughnessy
90's:Hogestyn/Hall
00's: Reckell/Sweeney

Jason47
Member Avatar

Good guessing, everyone! Darraholic, PhoenixRising05 and Ponz all correctly guessed 5 out of 6 (each missing Joe Gallison).

The decade-by-decade leaders:

1980s: Deidre Hall (Marlena) 1005 episodes
& Joseph Gallison (Neil) 971 episodes

1990s: Drake Hogestyn (Roman/John) 1705 episodes
& Deidre Hall (Marlena) 1333 episodes

2000s: Alison Sweeney (Sami) 1481 episodes (as of 9/13/09)
& Peter Reckell (Bo) 1428 episodes (as of 9/13/09)

Yes, Paxton, they can't be surpassed. 78 episodes remain in 2009. As of 9/13/09, with Kristian Alfonso at 1,398 episodes and Drake Hogestyn at 1,210 episodes, Reckell and Sweeney have secured the top spots for 2000-2009 appearances.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks, Jason47.

I can't believe I forgot Gallison. I had forgotten how much he was on. Even when his character became a mere supporting player, he got a ton of airtime being a doctor and all.

I figured Drake and Dee had a lock on the 90's with so much cast turnover. They dominated from 1991-1997 so it was a no brainer.

Same goes for Peter and Ali in the 2000's. I think Kristian would be right up there but Peter seems to have gotten more play then her from 2007-present for some reason and Ali has only been backburnered really only once and that was in spring-summer 2001.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 12 2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks, Jason47.

I can't believe I forgot Gallison. I had forgotten how much he was on. Even when his character became a mere supporting player, he got a ton of airtime being a doctor and all.

I figured Drake and Dee had a lock on the 90's with so much cast turnover. They dominated from 1991-1997 so it was a no brainer.

Same goes for Peter and Ali in the 2000's. I think Kristian would be right up there but Peter seems to have gotten more play then her from 2007-present for some reason and Ali has only been backburnered really only once and that was in spring-summer 2001.
Kristian was also on maternity leave for a couple of months in 2002...doesn't seem like Ali ever really left during her two maternity leaves!
Edited by fancyface78, Sep 12 2009, 12:59 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I wonder if Jason Cook would be #1 if he remained on the show. Wasn't he like #1 almost every damn year.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
Sep 12 2009, 01:39 AM
I wonder if Jason Cook would be #1 if he remained on the show. Wasn't he like #1 almost every damn year.
I bet he would've.

If I recall correctly, he was #1 or #2 in episode counts from like 2001-2005 and he was right up there in 2000 and 2006.

As Far as KA goes, I think Ali would've had it regardless of maternity leaves. KA has not seen as much action as Peter Reckell in the past two years. They always tend to give Bo more interactions with other people then they give Hope. Ali was offscreen for a two month period when she had her first child. We had Sami disguised as Stan then. It was just this last maternity leave that they managed to keep her on the canvas for all but a mere two weeks. Even if Ali took an actual maternity leave, she would've still been right up there. She's dominated since her second/third year on the show way back in the 90's.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 12 2009, 02:13 AM.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

I agree it would have been Ali regardless but Peter isn't all that far ahead of Kristian. If she had not been on maternity leave she would be equal with Peter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply