Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/14 - 9/18
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 11:28 AM (6,469 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I actually enjoyed Rafe in his scenes today. It's the first time since he showed up in Salem and has been in a scene away from Sami and I actually enjoyed it. That doesn't happen too often. I enjoyed him piecing all of the clues together. And what I liked better is that they threw some false assumptions in there when he was talking to Rafe and Arianna. It would be totally unbelievable for him to piece all of the pieces of the puzzle together without making any mistakes. I liked that he made the assumption that Nicole could've miscarried Brady's baby and that's why she was talking to him and that's why it's a secret. The look on Arianna's face upon hearing that was priceless. Have we gotten an Arianna/Nicole scene since Lindsey Hartley took over? I can't recall. I think they would be great fighting each other. If they decide to throw Nicole at Brady after the baby switch storyline is over, I would love that. And if it's going to coincide with Arianna Zucker's maternity leave, who expects to see Liza Huber as a temporary recast? I don't think I'd mind actually.

Okay. I understand that EJ is upset that Sami lied to him, but he's trying to paint himself as this saint. Motherfucker, you killed an officer (remember Eve?), physically abused Patrick Lockhart, switched Belle and Mimi's embryos, caused Max and Stephanie's cars to crash, forced Sami to have sex to save Lucas' life, etc. That's a pretty long list of crimes that EJ committed himself, yet Sami is the devil for lying to him about Grace. But I guess that was his daugher and he's reacting to that. It's understandable. He's just like Sami though. It's everyone else's fault, never his. That's why EJ and Sami work together.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

DrewHamilton
Sep 17 2009, 08:39 PM
I actually enjoyed Rafe in his scenes today. It's the first time since he showed up in Salem and has been in a scene away from Sami and I actually enjoyed it. That doesn't happen too often. I enjoyed him piecing all of the clues together. And what I liked better is that they threw some false assumptions in there when he was talking to Rafe and Arianna. It would be totally unbelievable for him to piece all of the pieces of the puzzle together without making any mistakes. I liked that he made the assumption that Nicole could've miscarried Brady's baby and that's why she was talking to him and that's why it's a secret. The look on Arianna's face upon hearing that was priceless. Have we gotten an Arianna/Nicole scene since Lindsey Hartley took over? I can't recall. I think they would be great fighting each other. If they decide to throw Nicole at Brady after the baby switch storyline is over, I would love that. And if it's going to coincide with Arianna Zucker's maternity leave, who expects to see Liza Huber as a temporary recast? I don't think I'd mind actually.

Okay. I understand that EJ is upset that Sami lied to him, but he's trying to paint himself as this saint. Motherfucker, you killed an officer (remember Eve?), physically abused Patrick Lockhart, switched Belle and Mimi's embryos, caused Max and Stephanie's cars to crash, forced Sami to have sex to save Lucas' life, etc. That's a pretty long list of crimes that EJ committed himself, yet Sami is the devil for lying to him about Grace. But I guess that was his daugher and he's reacting to that. It's understandable. He's just like Sami though. It's everyone else's fault, never his. That's why EJ and Sami work together.
I also like the Brady could be the baby-papa aspect that Rafe thought of. In fact, I hope EJ remembers the B (anyone else remember the B) and thinks that Nicole miscarried a baby made by Brady. The idea of a misconception making Nicoles miserable life even more miserable delights me! It will make EJ look even more stupid, but he continues to earn the dunce cap he has worn since Nicole first strapped on that rubber belly bump.

I also enjoyed Rafe today, as he pieced it together. I just enjoy seeing a man with a brain, which is something I find sexier than a rippling muscle bound stomach with a light dusting of chest hair, which means I find Stephen Hawking ten times sexier than EJ right about now.
Edited by Livie, Sep 17 2009, 09:26 PM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Sep 17 2009, 01:40 PM

I really wish I put my coffee down before opening up this thread. I hope my keyboard isn't ruined but the mental image was worth it.

You know what is scary? When I saw that peachy-pink belt (crayola-nude) the first thought that came to mind was, "I bet that belt belongs to James."

LOLOL I thought the same thing. James and his fashion sense is not exactly GQ. It's a good thing his face is distracting. :)

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 17 2009, 08:09 PM
Everyone's hair is better than Ali Sweeney's. That hair color is awful on her, and actually all her makeup is, too. When I first saw her today, I thought she had pink eye and then realized it was her pink eye shadow. Platinum hair, pink makeup, pink lighting, what are they doing to her? She's really pretty and has gorgeous hair if they would just style (and light) her properly.

After all the talk of GG's illness, all I could think of today when he was kissing Sami was GERMS! Hopefully, they filmed and edited that scene in later when he was feeling better.
Since ya brought it up...yeah Ali's hair looks like shit, like a glow in the dark plate of spaghetti noodles. I dont mind the platninum blonde but when it's freshly dyed and it blinds then it's too much. I didn't notice the make up though, I was too focused on Sami going to hell for her dirty thoughts.

I wish just once they would let Nadia go natural, no makeup, now eyelashes. I bet she doesn't need all that foofoo shit and it would be a nice break.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 17 2009, 11:00 PM
Days4Life
Sep 17 2009, 08:09 PM
Everyone's hair is better than Ali Sweeney's. That hair color is awful on her, and actually all her makeup is, too. When I first saw her today, I thought she had pink eye and then realized it was her pink eye shadow. Platinum hair, pink makeup, pink lighting, what are they doing to her? She's really pretty and has gorgeous hair if they would just style (and light) her properly.

After all the talk of GG's illness, all I could think of today when he was kissing Sami was GERMS! Hopefully, they filmed and edited that scene in later when he was feeling better.
Since ya brought it up...yeah Ali's hair looks like shit, like a glow in the dark plate of spaghetti noodles. I dont mind the platninum blonde but when it's freshly dyed and it blinds then it's too much. I didn't notice the make up though, I was too focused on Sami going to hell for her dirty thoughts.

I wish just once they would let Nadia go natural, no makeup, now eyelashes. I bet she doesn't need all that foofoo shit and it would be a nice break.
i don't get the "sami going to hell for her dirty thoughts". She was only dreaming of them kissing and hugging, for heaven sakes. I could understand if she was dreaming of them making love and showing scenes of it, but kissing???? Hardly a mortal sin-- can't compare it to killing someone. Now, if we want to talk about mortal sins-- then we can go the way of EJ.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Livie
Sep 17 2009, 09:25 PM
I also like the Brady could be the baby-papa aspect that Rafe thought of. In fact, I hope EJ remembers the B (anyone else remember the B) and thinks that Nicole miscarried a baby made by Brady. The idea of a misconception making Nicoles miserable life even more miserable delights me! It will make EJ look even more stupid, but he continues to earn the dunce cap he has worn since Nicole first strapped on that rubber belly bump.
Yes, unless Brady's sperm can swim the Atlantic, it will definitely make EJ look stupid to think Nicole miscarried Brady's child. Not to mention the fact that there was a paternity test done last fall. I suppose EJ might think Nicole had a pregnancy subsequent to Sydney's birth, maybe, for which Brady could be responsible, but I tend to doubt that, or if he does think that I doubt he'll think it for very long. The pace on the reveal has really picked up.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Sep 18 2009, 09:17 AM
Livie
Yes, unless Brady's sperm can swim the Atlantic, it will definitely make EJ look stupid to think Nicole miscarried Brady's child. Not to mention the fact that there was a paternity test done last fall. I suppose EJ might think Nicole had a pregnancy subsequent to Sydney's birth, maybe, for which Brady could be responsible, but I tend to doubt that, or if he does think that I doubt he'll think it for very long. The pace on the reveal has really picked up.
Well no doubt that would certainly make EJ look even more stupid than he's already been portrayed - but I just don't see it happening.

Spoiler: click to toggle

ETA: spoiler brackets
Edited by SocRMum1, Sep 18 2009, 09:42 AM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Sep 18 2009, 09:10 AM
i don't get the "sami going to hell for her dirty thoughts". She was only dreaming of them kissing and hugging, for heaven sakes. I could understand if she was dreaming of them making love and showing scenes of it, but kissing???? Hardly a mortal sin-- can't compare it to killing someone. Now, if we want to talk about mortal sins-- then we can go the way of EJ.
I was just joking. Sami's not going to Hell, at least not for a sexy dream, Baby Jesus is ok with that.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Speaking of hell, Salem is due for a lil visit from Satan. Wonder who'll get the green eye syndrome this go round. ;)

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 18 2009, 09:17 AM
Livie
Quote:

I suppose EJ might think Nicole had a pregnancy subsequent to Sydney's birth, maybe, for which Brady could be responsible

I think that was Rafe's point of mentioning Brady as a father of a baby conceived after Sydney's birth.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 18 2009, 10:46 AM
I think that was Rafe's point of mentioning Brady as a father of a baby conceived after Sydney's birth.
I didn't recall Rafe being that specific about it, though I'm not doubting you're right; I just don't remember it. I only remembered him mentioning maybe Nicole miscarried Brady's child and that's why it had to be a secret and didn't Arianna shoot him down? I understand why Rafe could think Nicole had at some point miscarried Brady's child, but it sure seems to me like it will be a lot harder for EJ to think that. He knows that when he met Nicole, Brady was still in downtown Europe and didn't return until after Nicole was unquestionably pregnant with EJ's child. Granted, he doesn't know like we do that Nicole's had virtually no interaction with Brady after the wedding, and it's not impossible for him to have not known Nicole was pregnant if she had, say, been only pregnant for a couple of months after Sydney's birth. But while I will not be surprised to have a short-term red herring, I don't think it's going to amount to much.

Although I suppose it could be another example of an apparent rewrite of part of the story, since it sure seems to me like if they wanted EJ to think that they would have had EJ catching Brady and Nicole together a few times instead of wasting him on strip poker with Melanie.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Kate has been so fun to watch, Lauren brings out so many sides to Kate. Bitchy, evil and then at the end when she was standing at the door some vulnerability. Just loved it.

Safe :wub: :wub:

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Paxton
Sep 18 2009, 11:15 AM
Halloween Family
Sep 18 2009, 10:46 AM
I didn't recall Rafe being that specific about it, though I'm not doubting you're right; I just don't remember it. I only remembered him mentioning maybe Nicole miscarried Brady's child and that's why it had to be a secret and didn't Arianna shoot him down? I understand why Rafe could think Nicole had at some point miscarried Brady's child, but it sure seems to me like it will be a lot harder for EJ to think that. He knows that when he met Nicole, Brady was still in downtown Europe and didn't return until after Nicole was unquestionably pregnant with EJ's child. Granted, he doesn't know like we do that Nicole's had virtually no interaction with Brady after the wedding, and it's not impossible for him to have not known Nicole was pregnant if she had, say, been only pregnant for a couple of months after Sydney's birth. But while I will not be surprised to have a short-term red herring, I don't think it's going to amount to much.

Although I suppose it could be another example of an apparent rewrite of part of the story, since it sure seems to me like if they wanted EJ to think that they would have had EJ catching Brady and Nicole together a few times instead of wasting him on strip poker with Melanie.
It's very possible I concocted the whole thing in my mind but here's what I remember:

I dont think Rafe was questioning paternity of Nicole's pregnancy while Brady was in Europe.
Rafe brought up the possiblility of Nicole being pregnant after giving birth to Sydney.
Arianna shot it down because I think she doesn't want to think Bricole have a romantic relationship, not because of logistics.
It seems possible Nicole could be pregnant with a Brady baby and EJ not know it if she miscarried early in the pregnancy. Should EJ become suspicious, it would be justifiable because Bricole at some points where hanging around one another quit a bit. (as you have pointed out)

All in all it probablly wont be that important to the story and I wont care either way.

They can waste Brady on Melanie and I'll be ok with it.
Edited by Halloween Family, Sep 18 2009, 02:21 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Sep 18 2009, 02:11 PM
All in all it probablly wont be that important to the story and I wont care either way.
Hee . . . now there's a sentence with a broad application if I ever saw one. I think you could apply those words to a solid 80% of the show.

Days4Life

I think it's obvious how they are going to deal with AZ's real life pregnancy. Nicole is eating in practically every scene she's in. It's probably just a matter of time until Stefano tells her to calm down and quit stress eating because she's getting fat.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well i'm back to watching the show as of today...I still did a little fast-forwarding, but finally the show is picking up..I loved the Stefano and Kate scenes and I'm so excited for whats to come..Also i enjoyed the twist with Rafe and Merideth..I love that Rafe finally figured it out, but I'm not ready for the baby secret to come out just yet, that should happen during November sweeps..

Kenny
Member Avatar

Whoever's been style Lauren Koslow's hair needs to be fired. Pronto! It's too short and it looks ugly.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 18 2009, 04:11 PM
Whoever's been style Lauren Koslow's hair needs to be fired. Pronto! It's too short and it looks ugly.
Can we fire whoever has butchered her face as well.

peaches179

darraholic
Sep 18 2009, 08:01 PM
Kenny
Sep 18 2009, 04:11 PM
Can we fire whoever has butchered her face as well.

I agree.

Days4Life

Good show today. I loved Stefano and Kate's chess match, although I must agree that Kate's hair is pretty awful. And she needs to lay off the surgery, injections, whatever she's doing.

I liked the Meredith surprise, although why didn't I notice the crazy eyes before? And these guys in Salem really need to stop turning their backs on women.

LOL at Chloe so calmly sitting in her hospital bed talking to her husband about her lover. Poor Lucas. He really is the chump of the decade.

I just adore baby Sydney, and AZ is so good with her that I want the baby switch to stay a secret just so we keep getting Nicole/Syd scenes. But I feared for her ears when the baby was trying to play with the earrings; I have direct knowledge of how much pain a baby can inflict when playing with dangly earrings!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply