Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/14 - 9/18
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 11:28 AM (6,389 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

I never noticed how much AZ has been eating lately on the show. LOL! Think that is to explain her "fluffiness"?

^And I know, D4L, about Sydney and Nicole. Sydney is the prettiest little showbiz baby I have seen in a long time. Her expressions are so sweet! I love Sydole! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Today's show had me loving the Chloe/Lucas confrontation. First off, NB is actually kicking a little ass today...she sounds sick too. Isn't it weird that GG and NB perform better when ill? Her voice is animated, her look is a little less Barbie, etc. Believable.
And my Lucas...I guess if he keeps getting stories this bad, it might be a good idea that he goes off canvas for awhile. I just feel for the guy, and for his cluelessness, and for the way all of the women in his life totally treat him like shit...even Mom. Its sad for the character. Why can't he go drinking and have Arianna talk him through it, fall for him, etc?

Can't Sami put on some clothes at the convent? A little modesty never hurt in church.
And while I am not a fan, it was kind of cute to see Rafe have a pic of Sami in his wallet, and Sami look at a pic on her phone. By the by, whey does an unemployed girl like Sami have such a nice phone while power businessmen like EJ and Phililp have the 1999 flip phone? Oh, and why does Sami have a pic of Rafe wearing the shirt he is wearing today when he probably took that before they split?
I have to laugh every time I see EJ's pink belt! Someone take that off of him!

soccerandtvgirl

Alligato
Sep 18 2009, 11:20 PM
Today's show had me loving the Chloe/Lucas confrontation. First off, NB is actually kicking a little ass today...she sounds sick too. Isn't it weird that GG and NB perform better when ill? Her voice is animated, her look is a little less Barbie, etc. Believable.
And my Lucas...I guess if he keeps getting stories this bad, it might be a good idea that he goes off canvas for awhile. I just feel for the guy, and for his cluelessness, and for the way all of the women in his life totally treat him like shit...even Mom. Its sad for the character. Why can't he go drinking and have Arianna talk him through it, fall for him, etc?

Can't Sami put on some clothes at the convent? A little modesty never hurt in church.
And while I am not a fan, it was kind of cute to see Rafe have a pic of Sami in his wallet, and Sami look at a pic on her phone. By the by, whey does an unemployed girl like Sami have such a nice phone while power businessmen like EJ and Phililp have the 1999 flip phone? Oh, and why does Sami have a pic of Rafe wearing the shirt he is wearing today when he probably took that before they split?
Lol @ NB and GG comment. Kinda of sick but true. Yeah I though NB was sick today once she started talking. I know GG was and I believe EM even had to a voiceover for him.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i love syd so much

dooldooldool

Sami may be unemployed, but she has three children via extremely wealthy men. Although they have never addressed it, I am sure she gets a mighty nice monthly DiMera check in addition to a monthly RobertsHorton stipend. Not "alimony" per se, but rather a tidy sum "so that she can stay home and raise the kids" and not "have" to work outside the townhome.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

dool, I agree with your above post.

Nadia did sound better sick. The studio needs to keep vials of viruses around to keep help with performances.

I hope they address Nicoles frequent eating in scenes. I agree with the other poster who mentioned "stress eating". AZ is filling out and she looks beautiful but I would be confused if I didnt know she was prego in rl.

pixiedust

Its actually hard to eat in scenes and make it look natural and not awkward. Ari pulls it off effortlessly!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I watched all of last weeks episodes just today.

It was a good week overall. Chloe waking up was nice ... only because it drove Kate to extremes. I would've never guessed she would turn to Stefano for assistance.

Seeing Nicole reaching the end of her reign was huge, too. I kinda wished Brady would be assisting her with this instead of them running away. Her and Brady just click in so many right ways.

Mia telling Will finally was huge, too!

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

loved, loved friday's show. i thought everything was very climatic what with nicole running away to europe with no plans to return, rafe putting everything together, and then getting knocked out by meredith just as sami called. yeah, it's predictable, but it was all very soapy and put together just right.

i really can't believe daniel escaped. i figured he'd be tied up in that room for weeks. loved the stefano/kate scenes, and the chess game that was worked into their dialogue. i agree with all the comments about nadia. she seemed tired friday and wasn't all glammed up like she usually is. i totally bought her scenes because she didn't over-play it. she seemed legitimately resigned to the fact that she had hurt lucas, but that she loves daniel and can't do much to change that. i actually preferred her stoicism about it all to lucas, who was too shrieky and vindictive to enjoy. anyway, i much prefer this chloe to the weepy 'i gotta keep my promise to god' chloe that we saw up until the coma.

Cupcake06

soccerandtvgirl
Sep 18 2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah I though NB was sick today once she started talking. I know GG was and I believe EM even had to a voiceover for him.

Ok, I knew it wasn't Galen talking at one point. It was...weird. :laugh:

Can403

Ellie
Sep 14 2009, 11:28 AM
DAYS OF OUR LIVES
9/14 - 9/18

Discuss. :smile:

Classic Clip: Marlena wakes from her coma, 1986.

I love this J&M clip. It was so much better than the fluff Corday/Tomlin/Higley gave us in January/2009 when John got his memory back.
Edited by Can403, Sep 20 2009, 07:57 PM.

mirabella

soccerandtvgirl
Alligato

Lol @ NB and GG comment. Kinda of sick but true. Yeah I though NB was sick today once she started talking. I know GG was and I believe EM even had to a voiceover for him.

It is not true that Eric did Galen's voice overs. Galen said in SOD that he was sick for two weeks of episodes and had lost his voice at one point. He went on to say that he had to spend a week doing voice overs after his voice was better. That was not Eric doing Galen's voice overs. Galen was just hoarse so his voice sounded huskier and definitely even more sexy than it normally does.

minnime1968

It's funny how people talk so much junk about Sami & Rafe. I for one am ready to see Kate go bye-bye. It's ALWAYS the same stuff with her...oh my, you hurt one of my children and now you're gonna pay. Well I hope that when she finally does get caught this time the writers will send her off the way they sent poor Nick off. She simply has to go!!!

Tori

mirabella
Sep 20 2009, 08:43 PM
soccerandtvgirl
Alligato

It is not true that Eric did Galen's voice overs. Galen said in SOD that he was sick for two weeks of episodes and had lost his voice at one point. He went on to say that he had to spend a week doing voice overs after his voice was better. That was not Eric doing Galen's voice overs. Galen was just hoarse so his voice sounded huskier and definitely even more sexy than it normally does.
You made me smile - thank you!

I just don't think you can call Galen's voice sexy husky or not. He's got one of those "Yo Adrianne" kind of voices. You know like Rocky!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Tori
Sep 21 2009, 10:17 AM
mirabella
soccerandtvgirl
Alligato

I just don't think you can call Galen's voice sexy husky or not. He's got one of those "Yo Adrianne" kind of voices. You know like Rocky!
LOL!! :D So true!!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Tori
mirabella
soccerandtvgirl
Alligato

Great analogy! I always think of the actor (can't think of his name, dangit!) that played the teacher in Ferris Bueller taking the attendance.

Bueller?

Bueller??

Bueller???

So hey...maybe GG does have a future in feature films. ;)

mirabella

Tori
mirabella
soccerandtvgirl
Alligato

That is a matter of opinion, just like chemistry and other things, but I find Galen's voice very sexy and I know many others who do, too.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Tori
mirabella
soccerandtvgirl
Alligato

:D LOVE it..I think to me,its more on the lines of "Me Tarzan,You Jane myself!!

Alligato
Member Avatar

It's alright mirabella. Your opinion is very refreshing sometimes. I can definitely see where some people would think that GG is gorgeous, husky voiced, charming, etc.

He's just competition, that's all.

Tori

mirabella
Sep 21 2009, 11:43 AM
Tori
mirabella
soccerandtvgirl

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

That is a matter of opinion, just like chemistry and other things, but I find Galen's voice very sexy and I know many others who do, too.

Holy Crap - you were serious? Sorry mirabella I thought you were joking!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply