Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carly's Return Promo!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 06:09 PM (3,502 Views)
LovingDays

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Meh that was crap. And could the announcer sound anymore bored.
Edited by darraholic, Sep 14 2009, 06:15 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oooh, they all look gorgeous! Kristian and Crystal are stunning.

However, that is one cheap ass promo.

The guy doing the voiceover sounds half asleep and the last shot of Bo/Hope/Carly made me laugh, LoL. It looked like Peter, Kristian and Crystal were sitting there bored to tears waiting for direction and the camera just happened to be rolling as they lounged around.

oldschoolfan

That was horrible. It wouldn't make me tune in.

Ellie

That announcer guy sounds like when you have a computer read a sentence. "This. Is. Good. Stuff."

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That's it?? Big deal!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 14 2009, 06:30 PM
That's it?? Big deal!
No kidding. Now I'm nervous for the return itself...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like it.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

It's not as exciting as I hoped it would be but I'll take it. I think the reason Crystal was so hyped about it was because it had probably been a very long time since she was featured in a promo this way. Most of the GL promos are just clips from the show.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I usually try to be positive, and everyone looked fantastic, but that was a disappointment for a RETURN promo.

I know Carly was only on the show for three years, but she was a big part of a storyline that caused ALOT of the viewers that are still here today to tune in, and it gave the show many more years on the air, since things weren't that great beforehand. I am one who likes big returns like this to be suspenseful, and I DEFINITELY think that the promo itself should've been suspenseful...slowly showing shots of Carly(and actually talking in a suspenseful tone) until finally, at the end of the promo, veering up to show her face.

Instead, this promo was like "Oooh....Bo's ex is back! YAY!"

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

While I don't think the promo is bad at all, it definitely could've been better. Like daysfan said, it would've been better had they showed clips from Carly's previous time in Salem so that fans could see her interacting with the people in Salem rather than just standing behind Bo and Hope, leaving anyone who started watching the show after 1993 to wonder, "Who the hell is that?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

That was promo was epicly craptacular. "This is good stuff" Terrible, just horridly terrible.
Quote Post Goto Top

MrsDimera

They could have done much better imo. ITA with Drew and DaysFan about them showing clips for the people who didn't watch. I'm excited about her return but that promo made me yawn!

shoegalxy
Member Avatar

OOO can't wait until Carly returns and hopefully Lawrence is coming back too!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

why does it look like they just turned a video camera on during the photoshoot and said "just act natural". lol

Mason

Ummm, I would have much rather seen clips from her actual RETURN (you know, what this is supposed to be promoting). But that's just me.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ok that was the worst promo I've ever seen.

Kenny
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Sep 14 2009, 07:51 PM
Ok that was the worst promo I've ever seen.
I agree. For a return this big, that promo should've been much bolder.

LoL @ this post at DC: "That's not a promo. It's a video camera at a photo shoot with the worst voice-over I've ever heard."

KathyRon

They all look beautiful! :wub: However, they all look bored silly! :sleep: For all the hype this was given, what a waste of three great actors time! I know several firms that could have done a much better job that would probably cost a heck of alot less than what they paid to shoot this thing! Love the cute little kiss between Peter & Kristian! :makeout: They are just too cute! :wub: JMO

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I agree that they could have had old clips of Bo and Carly....but I'm glad that theyre showing the clips on TV. I have seen the recent clip of "this week" on DAYS in the mornings.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply