Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carly's Return Promo!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 06:09 PM (3,556 Views)
MTSRocks
Member Avatar

That was shit. However, I think the story will be good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 14 2009, 06:14 PM
Meh that was crap. And could the announcer sound anymore bored.
i know right, he sounded like, like he really didnt like his job and didnt care about the show at all

Ponz
Member Avatar

I'm not a fan of staged promos at the best of times since they seldom convey the same excitement as actual scenes. This one is shockingly bad, though. The set looks like something they assembled in two minutes and the announcer sounds stoned out of his mind. Maybe that was the "good stuff" he was referring to, lol.

Keith
Member Avatar

Must be, Ponz. Cause I knew he wasn't talking about this promo.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

"Now this is good stuff." I guess he's agreeing with us that the rest of this year wasn't. :lol:
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 14 2009, 09:33 PM.

Bopefan

It looked more like a photo shoot then a promo.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't even watch this show anymore, but, that had to be the most BORING promo I have ever seen lmao.

I mean seriously if you are a person excited to see this sl... I would think this promo would make you feel like... "Eh not so excited anymore" lol
Edited by Tammy, Sep 14 2009, 11:19 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kristian Alfonso was a beautiful corpse in that promo.

This show definitely makes me thing "eh not so excited anymore."

What will he do when a woman from his past turns up? I'm guessing it will be the same shit he did last time. Try to help her out, pissing off Hope. At some point I'm thinking they'll wind up in bed together innocently, of course, or naked together to share warmth, and Hope will stroll in and get even more bitch-tastic than she already is. And Hope will turn to some other guy who will wind up being a villain and Bo will be torn and most likely by then Carly will be all over him trying to hide her feelings 'cause she knows he loves Hope or whatever. Vivian will probably manipulate shit, too, or try to convince Carly to go for it. Blahblahblah.

And, see, I'm thinking it will be a tired retread of the Billie stuff because they've shown me nothing that convinces me otherwise. Hell, they aren't even motivated to make a real promo. I get that it's a tease and all that but...damn that was lazy. And arrogant- if I were them I wouldn't assume that viewers know her by name. They need to learn the lessons of Patch/Kayla.

Oh- and it's even worse with that awesome carnival GH promo that came out not too long ago. Silly promo people- step it up! Make it a fan contest if you're that disinterested.
Edited by px780, Sep 14 2009, 10:16 PM.

Mason

px780
Sep 14 2009, 10:15 PM
What will he do when a woman from his past turns up? I'm guessing it will be the same shit he did last time.
LoL! Seri. Do they not realize that this is nothing new for us?

And, yes, I know...this is Carly this time, not Billie, blah, blah, blah, LoL.
Edited by Mason, Sep 14 2009, 10:19 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like it.

The promo producer had been saying that the promos released today would not include actual show clips. Those ones won't be posted until around 9/25. This won't even be posted on the NBC site. As she said, they are posting it on Yahoo, MSN, TV.com, and other sites as a media buy and the interviews will be posted on those sites as well.

It's simply to get the word out to those who may not know she is returning. I think they did an ok job. It could be better (mostly the voiceover and the tagline) but it's very glamorous and soapy. They all look great.

Also, Peter and Crystal still have killer chemistry.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 14 2009, 10:22 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I think it's pure crap. You can see some of the equipment. The set looks awful. It's crap. The actors didn't even do a very good job. And I like them. Crap.

soccerandtvgirl

I honestly thought Days couldn't do a worst promo than the ones they have been doing but they did it. That announcer sounded like a kid reading out-loud the most boring book in history. And KA, PR and CC looked even more bored than the announcer sounded. Note to Days promo-makers saying "it's good stuff" doesn't make it good.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I mean seriously... you can tell they were just showing a video tape of a photo shoot and added a voice track from some man who sounded like the was reading the phone book out loud lmao.

Kailyn

the hype surrounding the returns are always bigger and better then the storylines themselves.

dylan76
Member Avatar

It was boring. Shit NBC, hire me. I could do better than that in 10 minutes. I'm in marketing and I could come up with something that will do Crystal's return justice. However, anything with Carly makes me excited and seeing her makes me so effin' pumped.

madelinehawaii

Kailyn
Sep 14 2009, 11:33 PM
the hype surrounding the returns are always bigger and better then the storylines themselves.
but that is what Hollywood is supposed to be good at...selling the hype.

Can403

This promo sucks.

Can403

Kenny
Sep 14 2009, 06:34 PM
Angie79
Sep 14 2009, 06:30 PM
That's it?? Big deal!
No kidding. Now I'm nervous for the return itself...
I am getting a little nervous too. This is not a good sign.

Can403

BalscoFan5
Sep 14 2009, 07:51 PM
Ok that was the worst promo I've ever seen.
It was probably made by the same people who put that silly video together for the daytime Emmys a couple of weeks ago. I just don't have much confidence in Coday/Tomlin/Higley/Whitesell right now. I sure hope Carly’s return is much better than this awful promo. I still miss Ed Scott.
Edited by Can403, Sep 15 2009, 01:37 AM.

Can403

Kenny
Sep 14 2009, 08:14 PM
BalscoFan5
Sep 14 2009, 07:51 PM
Ok that was the worst promo I've ever seen.
I agree. For a return this big, that promo should've been much bolder.

LoL @ this post at DC: "That's not a promo. It's a video camera at a photo shoot with the worst voice-over I've ever heard."
I agree. They should have it as exciting as CC's return to DAYS is supposed to be. They need to give the fans something to look forward to and reason to watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply