Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carly's Return Promo!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 06:09 PM (3,641 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Ellie
Sep 14 2009, 06:25 PM
That announcer guy sounds like when you have a computer read a sentence. "This. Is. Good. Stuff."
lol. Right on! That's how he sounds. What the hell is NBC thinking?! "Now. This. Is. Good. Stuff." Newsflash: Using the MSNBC guy is a bad idea; his voice doesn't sell soaps like it does news." (It sounds like him.) aNYWAY, I find it encouraging that NBC finally gave the show studio shot promos like the old days. They didn't just do a REALLY cheap promo that included video from the show. On that end, it's a good promo.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Sep 15 2009, 06:58 AM
They didn't just do a REALLY cheap promo that included video from the show.
I wish they had! That would have whet my appetite. Quick video of Alfonso, Reckell, and Chappell sleepily laying around a poorly decorated studio did nothing for me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ponz
Sep 14 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm not a fan of staged promos at the best of times since they seldom convey the same excitement as actual scenes. This one is shockingly bad, though. The set looks like something they assembled in two minutes and the announcer sounds stoned out of his mind. Maybe that was the "good stuff" he was referring to, lol.

LMAO.

I hate this voice over, he is the major reason why the promos suck IMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

For those who hate the announcer, I have good news for you.

The promo producer responded to my comment on Twitter about needing a new announcer. Here is what she said:

@PXRising05 New announcer is coming when the promo hits air on nbc on the 25th

Also, she responded to my comment on using old clips of Carly in the promotion.

@PXRising05 Old clips come in the interviews which start airing on 9/28

The interviews will run for two weeks on the same sites as the promo is currently running on. The promo will move to the NBC.com site and will begin to air on 9/25 and the interviews will begin running on 9/28 for two weeks before being moved to the NBC site.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Thank God for the new announcer.

KathyRon

PhoenixRising05
Sep 15 2009, 11:37 AM

The promo producer responded to my comment on Twitter about needing a new announcer. Here is what she said:

The interviews will run for two weeks on the same sites as the promo is currently running on. The promo will move to the NBC.com site and will begin to air on 9/25 and the interviews will begin running on 9/28 for two weeks before being moved to the NBC site.
That's nice of you to share the announcer news with everyone. So thank you for that! :cheers: Presently, alot of people are muting the promo anyway! :lol: However, there is just so much more wrong with this promo! :shame: You can see some of the television iequipment in this promo for gosh sake! :frustration: Although, Peter/Kristian and Crystal look beautiful, they also looked so bored! :huh1: They all look like "how long before this stupid shoot is over!" :lol: The lighting was off......I'm mean there is just a LIST of things wrong with this promo! If I were interviewing someone and this is their sample work they brought to me, I would definitely put their resume near the bottom of pile! :shame:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KathyRon
Sep 15 2009, 12:00 PM
PhoenixRising05

That's nice of you to share the announcer news with everyone. So thank you for that! :cheers: Presently, alot of people are muting the promo anyway! :lol: However, there is just so much more wrong with this promo! :shame: You can see some of the television iequipment in this promo for gosh sake! :frustration: Although, Peter/Kristian and Crystal look beautiful, they also looked so bored! :huh1: They all look like "how long before this stupid shoot is over!" :lol: The lighting was off......I'm mean there is just a LIST of things wrong with this promo! If I were interviewing someone and this is their sample work they brought to me, I would definitely put their resume near the bottom of pile! :shame:
I don't see where the equipment is showing nor do I see all three as being bored. I think the intention here was to make it a bit moody and to show the tension between the three. I think they accomplished that.

It had a 90's feel to it and I like that. They did everything they should've done except for having a better announcer and showing an old clip or two.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can see why some people interpreted the actors looking bored. All three are great actors, so if they were going for moody, I think we would've gotten moody. Instead, they do sort of look bored now that I watch the promo again. But that's probably because this is a freaking photoshoot and in between snapshots, they're moving to take the next one. A photoshoot SHOULD NOT be used as a promo. Period.

KathyRon

PhoenixRising05
Sep 15 2009, 12:24 PM
KathyRon
Sep 15 2009, 12:00 PM
PhoenixRising05

I don't see where the equipment is showing nor do I see all three as being bored. I think the intention here was to make it a bit moody and to show the tension between the three. I think they accomplished that.

It had a 90's feel to it and I like that. They did everything they should've done except for having a better announcer and showing an old clip or two.
O.K. Maybe you are looking at a different promo version then alot of us are looking at! :lol: Just kidding! Just voicing my opinion not trying to hurt feelings. Go to some of the other days sites and boards and see how badly this promo is getting trashed (including here) regarding the overall look! Not pretty! However, if you enjoy it, that's great and I'm happy for you! :biggrin: I think Peter, Kristian and Crystal look sexy hawt! Although, I wouldn't expect anything less because they are all gorgeous people! :cheer: I'm just saying as someone who works in the media market in Chicago, this wouldn't get pass my boss. Here's hoping that maybe there is additional changes coming along with the removal of the announcer. Plus whose to say that there isn't another promo that will be much more appealing this this one. JMO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I can see why people would think they look bored. I can see what they were going for, though. Perhaps they should've handled it differently so that it came off a bit better.

I still think the promo did what it was supposed to do. There have been promos like this in the past. Remember Lisa Rinna's 2002 return promo? That one had the same photo shoot thing going on. The only difference was that the announcer didn't suck and it was much shorter so there wasn't a whole lot to focus on.

I think it's actually pretty sophisticated and classy, especially by Days standards. I've seen many people like the promo too. Different strokes, I guess. I'm just glad they are promoting in advance and, hopefully, the rest of the promotion is even better.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 15 2009, 01:13 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I remember the Lisa Rinna promos back in 2002. The difference between the two was, back then, the promo included clips of Billie from Rinna's previous time in Salem, as well as, the "photoshoot" just showed Rinna looking into the camera and posing. There were no moments where the photographer snapped the photo and there was time to just sit around and look bored like the Carly/Bo/Hope promo.

King
Member Avatar

OMG! LOVE IT !!!!!

DAYS is back on my DVR full time starting Monday!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 15 2009, 01:24 PM
I remember the Lisa Rinna promos back in 2002. The difference between the two was, back then, the promo included clips of Billie from Rinna's previous time in Salem, as well as, the "photoshoot" just showed Rinna looking into the camera and posing. There were no moments where the photographer snapped the photo and there was time to just sit around and look bored like the Carly/Bo/Hope promo.
I don't remember any old clips being used.

They showed Lisa Rinna from various angles. That was it. It was just like this only like 6 seconds. Most of the time it was shown attached to another promo.

I'm sure I have it on tape somewhere. I will see if I can find it or maybe it's on youtube or something.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Here is a promo about Bo Brady returning. This one is from 1990!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Angie79
Sep 15 2009, 01:52 PM
Here is a promo about Bo Brady returning. This one is from 1990!

*SWEEEL*

Now *that* would get me to watch anything!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 15 2009, 01:45 PM

They showed Lisa Rinna from various angles. That was it. It was just like this only like 6 seconds. Most of the time it was shown attached to another promo.

I'm sure I have it on tape somewhere. I will see if I can find it or maybe it's on youtube or something.
The clips were on the left side of the screen. There were three of them, lined up vertically. I don't remember what exactly the clips were, but I remember them being there. Also I remember it being more than 6 seconds long, so maybe you're thinking about the shortened version of the clip, and if that's the case, then yes it's comparible to this Carly/Bo/Hope promo.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Crystal Chappell is love. I would love to see her on a primetime drama.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie! Now, that's a promo for a returning character!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 15 2009, 02:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 15 2009, 01:45 PM

The clips were on the left side of the screen. There were three of them, lined up vertically. I don't remember what exactly the clips were, but I remember them being there. Also I remember it being more than 6 seconds long, so maybe you're thinking about the shortened version of the clip, and if that's the case, then yes it's comparible to this Carly/Bo/Hope promo.
Your right, Drew.

I just looked back and the short version had no clips. The long version had them just as described.

I'm not saying the promo is perfect. I just think it at least did what it was supposed to and, hopefully, the interviews and new version of this that is released later will be better.

Oh, and that Bo Brady promo is GREATNESS! Then again, everything in regards to soaps was better back then, including promotion LOL.

Shylock

"This... is good stuff."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply