Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carly's Return Promo!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2009, 06:09 PM (3,662 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 15 2009, 11:37 AM
For those who hate the announcer, I have good news for you.

The promo producer responded to my comment on Twitter about needing a new announcer. Here is what she said:

@PXRising05 New announcer is coming when the promo hits air on nbc on the 25th

Also, she responded to my comment on using old clips of Carly in the promotion.

@PXRising05 Old clips come in the interviews which start airing on 9/28

The interviews will run for two weeks on the same sites as the promo is currently running on. The promo will move to the NBC.com site and will begin to air on 9/25 and the interviews will begin running on 9/28 for two weeks before being moved to the NBC site.
Sounds good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

That promo was bad. I saw the glamor, but damn if the filming wasn't just awful. Who was the camera man?

LiZa
Member Avatar

I've watched Days since the early 80's. I honestly don't understand the big deal about Carly returning. Ok, she supposably murdered someone. The bottom line is, she will come between Bo/Hope. Been down that road before, why not put her with Daniel or bring back Dr. Baker and put her with him.
Enough with the trust issues and someone coming in between Bo/Hope. To me the big deal is Vivian coming back. I hope she can put Kate in her place. jmo.

Kailyn

heres the question if Carly isn't going to come between Bo and Hope why not reconcile them now? thats because really shes coming on to come between Bo and Hope.duh...she may have murdered someone but bottom line shes coming to town to come between Bo and Hope.Days lies they say one thing and do another I've watched long enough to know what hype they are trying to get us snagged into then they switch the whole thing or drop it completly.

lastDays
Member Avatar

LiZa
Sep 15 2009, 05:33 PM
I've watched Days since the early 80's. I honestly don't understand the big deal about Carly returning. Ok, she supposably murdered someone. The bottom line is, she will come between Bo/Hope. Been down that road before, why not put her with Daniel or bring back Dr. Baker and put her with him.
Enough with the trust issues and someone coming in between Bo/Hope. To me the big deal is Vivian coming back. I hope she can put Kate in her place. jmo.
I don't understand it ,either. I don't see the appeal of CC.To me she is boring , lacks sex appeal and is overrated as a actress :peek:

This promo really sux .Looks forced,awkward between all

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ellie
Sep 14 2009, 06:25 PM
That announcer guy sounds like when you have a computer read a sentence. "This. Is. Good. Stuff."
"Now... This... Is Good Stuff. Days of our Lives."

GOD THIS GUY IS WORST PROMO VOICE EVER!

Could he sound any more like he was just going through the motions?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Horrible promo but this will be an amazing story. Its about time Bo and Hope drift apart ... permanently, I hope!

Dr. Chip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_HJzsXT38Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6BzsYOby0

Here are a couple of links from Deidre Hall and Wayne Northrop's returns in 1991.

I LOVED the first one. It gave me chills. Her identity was still a mystery the first week. After the reveal on a Friday, the next week, the same promo was played but showed her face at the end and said something like, "Deidre Hall returns as Marlena, the role she made famous."

THIS is how you do a promo!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Sep 16 2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_HJzsXT38Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El6BzsYOby0

Here are a couple of links from Deidre Hall and Wayne Northrop's returns in 1991.

I LOVED the first one. It gave me chills. Her identity was still a mystery the first week. After the reveal on a Friday, the next week, the same promo was played but showed her face at the end and said something like, "Deidre Hall returns as Marlena, the role she made famous."

THIS is how you do a promo!!!
I still remember that Marlena promo. One of my favorites, if not my favorite, of all time!

I mean, the announcer's voice is scary as hell!

All the soaps used to promote better. I think the problem is that a vast amount of the audience knows what is coming now. The Internet age changed everything. Not only that but a fan can be spoiled just catching a glimpse of a magazine at a checkout in a grocery store. There is no mystery anymore and that is what made soaps so much better back then. You could be mysterious and vague in your promotion back then. Now, not so much because word gets around fast so you may as well hype up the big return or twist because it's unlikely that will stay a secret for too long. Not to mention bigger budgets and more network support back then too. That alone makes all the difference.

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Lame, lazy, bad.....whether it is the promo or the show, works for either!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply