Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Bryan Dattilo "briefly off the canvas".; 9/29 issues
Topic Started: Sep 16 2009, 01:33 PM (5,254 Views)
Ellie

Both SOD and SOW say that Lucas heads to rehab for his alcoholism on September 25th. SOW quotes 'a rep for the actor' as saying, "He'll be on less, but he won't be totally off the canvas". SOD says he will be "briefly off the canvas".

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

It's only a matter of time before they let him go.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks, Ellie.

Tough break for BD, but he doesn't really have a story right now so why are they keeping him on the canvas? I don't get it. It's not like this show has had any real intention of writing for him since HS got canned.

LovingDays

i hope Lucas meet a girl in rehab so they can be together

Tori

I am so disappointed that they are choosing to not give Bryan this storyline. The whole falling off the wagon and all the consequences that go along with that could have given Bryan a great storyline for him to shine. Why they chose to not give him the opportunity is a slap in the face to Bryan and to his fans who have waited for Bryan to get meaty material for a long time.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie.

Too bad Bryan is not from Passions. He might have a storyline by now.

I really hate to see the Days actors shoved aside for actors I have zero interest in watching.

Bryan has his son to support so I hope this is not a prelude to worse.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Less? He's not on very much at all as it is. They don't seem to have anything planned for him but you would think the rehab story could have built to something. I'm not a Lucas fan but it's not like they couldn't write a story for him. But then, we could say that about a lot of people who are no longer "on the canvas."

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Mason
Member Avatar

This is hardly a surprise. He was a non-entity in his own storyline for God's sake, LoL!

daysfan
Member Avatar

I think the only reason Bryan is staying(for now) is just because Alison Sweeney loves him.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Mason
Sep 16 2009, 02:18 PM
This is hardly a surprise. He was a non-entity in his own storyline for God's sake, LoL!
LOL! No kidding! He is hardly seen as it is. His storyline has been more about Kate/Daniel/Chloe.

Thanks, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I feel bad for Bryan Dattilo, but it doesn't seem like the writers have any plan to write Lucas as his own character. He wasn't even used in his own storyline when he was part of the triangle with Chloe and Daniel. The triangle was missing a corner, unless you count Kate, but I didn't because Daniel and Kate's relationship was over by then.

I'll miss Dattilo if he is let go permanently, but I'd rather Lucas be off the show than used improperly.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

:mellow: Hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Lucas and Bryan. I would hate to lose him but the writing for him sure has not been there lately. TPTB need to get a wiggle on and give him some good lines/stories. Thanks for the post. Been reading rumors of his leaving lately.

Tori

The writers don't care about the character of Lucas or Bryan and now we have proof - they are what giving him a week to have this falling off the wagon stint and they are sending him to rehab off screen. His contract is up in February - that does not bode well at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Sep 16 2009, 02:19 PM
I think the only reason Bryan is staying(for now) is just because Alison Sweeney loves him.
Yep.

To me, it was obvious she saved him in January 2008 too when rumors surfaced of him being let go when Lucas was sent to jail for EJ's shooting. I do think Corday likes him too. I remember when he brought Bryan back in 2002 after he had been fired about a year earlier and went on and on about how much he loved him and so on.

I just can't understand why no matter who is writing they can't come up with something for him. He's a Horton, for God's sake. If and when he returns (and I tend to think he will because of Ali Sweeney), they need to avoid giving him a love interest for a long time. A VERY long time. Focus on him maybe doing more for the Horton foundation or something. Then, after a period of time, give him a love interest but utilize his past romantic history to make the story work. Lucas should be very guarded and afraid to commit after all his problems with women.

There is plenty there to tell a good story. It just seems like no matter who writes, no one cares to write for him. To me, it's obvious he's only still with the show because someone forced TPTB's hands and, as I said, it's pretty clear who that is IMO.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Seems pretty unfair to send the character off just as a potential sl comes along that could be meaty for the actor to sink his teeth into.

I have to agree with Cindy, seems like the DAYS vets are getting shoved aside for the Passions folk.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks. :shame: :shame:

Carly
Member Avatar

That's a shame, but I kinda figured that DAYS wouldn't do an in-depth "Lucas in rehab" s/l. I suspect that BD will be bumped down to recurring when his contract is up for renewal. The problem is that DAYS is pretty much a "couples show," and there's really no one with whom Lucas can be a couple. And I don't think that DAYS cares about Lucas enough to bring in a new woman for him.

DAYS has rarely tried to establish Lucas as his own character outside of his interactions with Sami. Except for this last year, Lucas's s/l has always focused on him being either Sami's friend, lover, or enemy. Now that Lucas has been separated from Sami's s/l, Lucas has been left twisting in the wind, and Chloe is yet another woman who has turned Lucas into a cuckold.

I do feel badly for BD. When Lucas got out of prison for shooting EJ, BD said that we'd see a darker Lucas who had been changed by his prison experiences. But that never materialized on screen; instead, Lucas spent a couple weeks yelling at Sami and calling her a whore, and then he moved onto his insta-romance with Chloe.

However, Vivian is returning soon, and Viv and Lucas used to be awesome scheming buddies back in the mid-1990s. DAYS could have Lucas return from rehab as a dark and severe character who finally cuts ties with Kate and teams with Vivian to destroy certain people in Salem….But I'm guessing that won't happen, and we'll just see Lucas pop up once or twice a month to offer advice to Will.

MrsDimera

It sucks how they're writing him. I hate how they're bringing these Passion's peeps in and forgetting about the Days vets. Lucas and Sami share a friendship (from when they were teenagers) as well as 2 kids. I would much rather see Lucas involved in helping Sami figuring out the baby switch than some FBI flunky who appeared on our screen less than a year ago.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dragonish1
Sep 16 2009, 03:07 PM
Seems pretty unfair to send the character off just as a potential sl comes along that could be meaty for the actor to sink his teeth into.

I have to agree with Cindy, seems like the DAYS vets are getting shoved aside for the Passions folk.
I don't see how a mere 3 actors from Passions (two of which have been here a year already) are pushing aside vets. Days is bringing back CC, Sorel, and Sabatino and it still has a very good amount of vets. What is happening to Bryan is awful but it has nothing to do with the Passions actors or Tomlin. Bryan was being shit on way before Tomlin or any of the Passions actors ever step foot on the Days set.

I still can't believe that so many are buying this "Days is turning into Passions" junk. Three Passions actors join the show in one year and it's like armageddon. Three former GH actors joined ATWT in one year. Is ATWT becoming GH? How many Days stars has GH stole? Is that show becoming Days? I just don't see the logic. The storytelling is classic soap. Dragging out stories was not exclusive to Passions. It's been being done since soaps began!

If Days is becoming anything, it's becoming a Sunset Beach knockoff. Tomlin actually did far more at Sunset and other shows then he did at Passions. He was a DIRECTOR at Passions. He was a producer and writer at shows like OLTL, Sunset, etc and he's received many accolades for his work on those shows.

I just can't see any merit in comparing Days to Passions. None at all.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 16 2009, 03:35 PM
Dragonish1
Sep 16 2009, 03:07 PM

I don't see how a mere 3 actors from Passions (two of which have been here a year already) are pushing aside vets. Days is bringing back CC, Sorel, and Sabatino and it still has a very good amount of vets. What is happening to Bryan is awful but it has nothing to do with the Passions actors or Tomlin. Bryan was being shit on way before Tomlin or any of the Passions actors ever step foot on the Days set.

I still can't believe that so many are buying this "Days is turning into Passions" junk. Three Passions actors join the show in one year and it's like armageddon. Three former GH actors joined ATWT in one year. Is ATWT becoming GH? How many Days stars has GH stole? Is that show becoming Days? I just don't see the logic. The storytelling is classic soap. Dragging out stories was not exclusive to Passions. It's been being done since soaps began!

If Days is becoming anything, it's becoming a Sunset Beach knockoff. Tomlin actually did far more at Sunset and other shows then he did at Passions. He was a DIRECTOR at Passions. He was a producer and writer at shows like OLTL, Sunset, etc and he's received many accolades for his work on those shows.

I just can't see any merit in comparing Days to Passions. None at all.
You may not see it, but I and many others do. The Passions folk have taken over and when Hartley (As much As I like her) Shows up it is going to get alot worse. I resent Tomlin so much words can not even express it.

Under Tomlin we are getting the classic style of Passions fake-outs, dragged sls and contrived relationships. The show is just horrible IMO.

I liked Passions up until year five then it went to hell. As for Sunset Beach...That show was utter crap and I refused to watch it. I was an OLTL fan during that Era.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply