Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Stefano marries Kate!; 9/29 issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 16 2009, 02:03 PM (4,299 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features interviews with Joe Mascolo and Lauren Koslow, and this week's SOW features an interview with Lauren Koslow.

Stefano and Kate go to the motel room where she tied up Daniel. Kate tells Stefano that she should have killed Daniel, but Stefano tells her that he'll take care of things for her, and that she's not a murderer. However, he tells her than in return for this, she must marry him. Joe Mascolo tells SOD, "He's been alone for a while, so I guess he figures it's time to have a woman in his life."

Stefano and Kate announce their engagement, and Lucas, Roman and Victor are very suspicious. Stefano and Kate go to bail Lucas out of jail, and he's very angry at her. Then when they get home, Stefano tells Kate they're getting married that night.

Philip in particular is determined to stop Kate from doing this. Lauren Koslow tells SOD, "They're all just wildly angry with her, but Philip is the only one who steps up and he says, 'I am here for you and I don't care what you've done and we will fix it, but you cannot marry him.'" Philip tells Kate that she could use mental illness as a defense, but Koslow says that that scares Kate, since she thinks it might be true, and she wouldn't be able to deal with that.

Kate and Stefano get married at Chez Rouge. Victor surprises everyone by coming to the ceremony and offering to give the bride away. Stefano and Kate move into the DiMera mansion. However, when Kate wakes up next to Stefano the next day, she has a fantasy about Daniel. Then, she runs into Daniel on the pier, and he notices her ring. Kate tells him to leave her alone and that she wants to move on. Koslow tells SOW, "In some ways, it's an exciting new chapter for [Kate]. She's got the power she's always craved. She's married to the most powerful man around, and in the best position to do whatever she wants to do."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 02:03 PM
However, when Kate wakes up next to Stefano the next day, she has a fantasy about Daniel.

Okay, now there's a sentence I never wanted to read.

I was really hoping Kate and Daniel would be done with each other, though I do wonder about Kate's plans with her new power.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie. :)

This has the potential to be a good storyline, but I'll keep my expectations in check. One of many things that confuses me about Daniel and Kate is the repeated fantasies by Kate. Are they going to have a Chloe/Daniel/Kate triangle?

Nice to see they're going to break out the Chez Rouge set for the wedding. I'm surprised they didn't have them get married at Salem's lone park bench.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love the idea of Kate being married to a DiMera, living in the mansion and having all the power in Salem again. That being said, this storyline has really come out of left field. Stefano has not had any scenes indicating that he wants a woman in his life. You would think the writers, who have supposedly been prepared for this upcoming storyline between Kate and Stefano, would start dropping hints that Stefano is longing for love. Throw in a little scene where EJ and Nicole are being all romantic with each other and Stefano stares at them from the background. That would at least give fans an indication that Stefano wants some loving. But isntead, they throw Stefano and Kate into a random scene at the pub earlier this week. And now, I'm just supposed to be fine and content with Stefano and Kate getting married? Um no! I love the idea, but I want it done properly, and that's not happening.

I'm glad people are trying to stop Kate from marrying Stefano, especially Philip. Philip knows that Stefano was single-handedly responsible for his shooting earlier in the year. There is no way he would be okay with his mother marrying the man that tried to kill him. And I love Kate protesting to Philip's insanity defense. Kate is scared that she really is insane and that's an awesome angle for the writers to showcase, even though I'm sure it will be looked over episodes later.

I have to laugh at Stefano and Kate getting married at Chez Rouge. Why not the DiMera mansion?

Mason

DrewHamilton
Sep 16 2009, 02:17 PM
I love the idea of Kate being married to a DiMera, living in the mansion and having all the power in Salem again.
Agreed! I'm practically salivating at the idea, LoL.

I really don't want them to drop the ball on this because I haven't floved a DAYS spoiler this much in eons, but I won't be surprised if and when they do.

Mason

DrewHamilton
Sep 16 2009, 02:17 PM
I have to laugh at Stefano and Kate getting married at Chez Rouge.
Why would Maggie allow Stefano to have his wedding in her restaurant, anyway? That makes no sense.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 16 2009, 02:21 PM
Why would Maggie allow Stefano to have his wedding in her restaurant, anyway? That makes no sense.
Why does Stefano casually have lunch at the pub? He was doing it even in the middle of the vendetta storyline. It makes no sense. I understand that the budget sucks and sets need to be used a lot, but use them in smart way. I'm pretty sure when the pub set is in use, the exterior is also available. Instead of having Stefano be inside the pub, which I can't see happening, have him outside the pub interacting with characters, never actually going inside.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I had no clue that Chez Rouge was even still around! I haven't noticed them using that set in MONTHS(though I know its basically the same as the DiMera Mansion...at least I think so).

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I used to think Chez Rouge and the DiMera mansion were the same set too until they started using both sets in the same episode. I guess I was wrong.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
"In some ways, it's an exciting new chapter for [Kate]. She's got the power she's always craved. She's married to the most powerful man around, and in the best position to do whatever she wants to do."
Ohh, this sounds good! Finally something worth watching.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I too like the idea of Kate living in the Dimera mansion. It could set up some nice Kate/Nicole snark interaction.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The Kate and Nicole scenes at the mansion are what I'm most looking forward to.

Alana
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 16 2009, 02:39 PM
The Kate and Nicole scenes at the mansion are what I'm most looking forward to.
And throw Vivian into the mix and I might be starting to watch Days again... :hail:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds great! Lauren seems pretty excited too. What I like most is this is so in character for Kate and it will take her back to being the powerful character she once was. To me, she hasn't been that since early 2001. I also like the mental illness aspect they bring up. To me, Lauren has been playing it like Kate is disturbed so I'm glad that is mentioned.

I think this has had plenty of buildup. There have been numerous scenes of Stefano and EJ where he alluded to his not getting any younger and wanting to just focus on family. A few weeks ago, there were scenes at the hospital with Lexie, EJ, and Stefano that dealt with this a bit too. They've focused alot this year on Stefano's getting older and him settling down a bit. I don't even think this is about love. It's about Stefano having a companion. He wants someone by his side. This Stefano and Kate thing wasn't played as perfectly as it should've been but, to me, they can get by with it because it's more or less a business arrangement. I don't think it suits Stefano to have him getting all emotional as he watches other people in love or with someone. That is stuff he would keep to himself. Quite frankly, I didn't really care for him practically throwing himself at Kate numerous times in the last year or so either. To me, Stefano is above that and that is why I like the way this goes down. Stefano uses Kate's issues to get what he wants. That is Stefano.

I love that Victor is involved too. As for Chez Rouge, I don't mind it. If Maggie wouldn't allow it, Stefano would still force his way in anyway LOL. I also don't see Stefano being married at home. It's an impromptu ceremony but Stefano would want to make a big deal out of it and having it in the home would work against that IMO.

I just can't wait until all the interactions in the mansion. I also can't wait for Vivian to play into this because I can't see her not being involved.

This is a good example of something I mentioned earlier this year. The Lucas/Chloe/Daniel/Kate stuff was not very good overall. It had it's moments and was definitely more entertaining this summer IMO but, overall, not good at all. However, rather then just drop a story and act like it never happened the show built it up into something that would set all this up. That IMO is always the way to go.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 16 2009, 02:48 PM.

Tori

Finally a party!!!!

I wonder who is going to be there?

Thanks Ellie!

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article Ellie. Just what the Dimera mansion needed to liven things up, I am looking forward to this.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Ugh, this better not turn into a poor Katie sl. I do not want to see her as this victim who has to ride an old man's sausage. I rather see her look on the darkside and cause some hell on Earth with that Dimera name.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 16 2009, 02:29 PM
Ellie
"In some ways, it's an exciting new chapter for [Kate]. She's got the power she's always craved. She's married to the most powerful man around, and in the best position to do whatever she wants to do."
Ohh, this sounds good! Finally something worth watching.
I love it too..And pretty soon Vivian will be back to hopefully cause some havoc for Kate..

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Philip in particular is determined to stop Kate from doing this. Lauren Koslow tells SOD, "They're all just wildly angry with her, but Philip is the only one who steps up and he says, 'I am here for you and I don't care what you've done and we will fix it, but you cannot marry him.'" Philip tells Kate that she could use mental illness as a defense, but Koslow says that that scares Kate, since she thinks it might be true, and she wouldn't be able to deal with that.
I hope they explore this later. I'm not holding my breath, and I'm afraid that if they do explore it, it will be with LK's exit, but I think they could really go somewhere with that. I like the Philip/Kate stuff, too. I actually like the sound of this...

MrsDimera

Quote:

I do not want to see her as this victim who has to ride an old man's sausage.

It won't be the first time. She used to ride his and many other's back in her prostitute days.

****Oooh, if I remember correctly, Vivian and Ivan were involved in that storyline. I believe Viv/Ivan were dressed up as the waiters when Stephano and Kate were having dinner and all this info about her being a prostitute came out.*****

Edited by MrsDimera, Sep 16 2009, 03:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply