Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Stefano marries Kate!; 9/29 issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 16 2009, 02:03 PM (4,426 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

I find it interesting that Philip doesn't care what Kate may have done (assuming that means that he knows that she might be responsible for what happened to Chloe). I can certainly see him choosing to defend Kate for trying to murder Chloe over letting Kate marry the man who tried to kill him twice, but his apparent lack of concern about the fact that Kate tried to kill his "first love" and his brother's wife is interesting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 16 2009, 06:39 PM
I find it interesting that Philip doesn't care what Kate may have done (assuming that means that he knows that she might be responsible for what happened to Chloe). I can certainly see him choosing to defend Kate for trying to murder Chloe over letting Kate marry the man who tried to kill him twice, but his apparent lack of concern about the fact that Kate tried to kill his "first love" and his brother's wife is interesting.
Chloe is important to him, but it's his mother...I totally get him trying to protect her..

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I hope this plays out as good as it sounds because I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE snarky Kate and Nicole scenes back in the day!
It would be nice to see them go at each other and the men in the background. Boy do those DiMera men like their women "ambitious!"LOL

Thanks for posting!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

lysie
Sep 16 2009, 03:42 PM
Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 02:03 PM
Philip in particular is determined to stop Kate from doing this. Lauren Koslow tells SOD, "They're all just wildly angry with her, but Philip is the only one who steps up and he says, 'I am here for you and I don't care what you've done and we will fix it, but you cannot marry him.'" Philip tells Kate that she could use mental illness as a defense, but Koslow says that that scares Kate, since she thinks it might be true, and she wouldn't be able to deal with that.
I hope they explore this later. I'm not holding my breath, and I'm afraid that if they do explore it, it will be with LK's exit, but I think they could really go somewhere with that. I like the Philip/Kate stuff, too. I actually like the sound of this...
From the way that quote is- is this fear of being mentally ill something that's actually in the writing; or is it just Koslow's way of playing the character?

Should be interesting moments, but I can't imagine this developing into anything.

Ellie

px780
Sep 16 2009, 06:51 PM
From the way that quote is- is this fear of being mentally ill something that's actually in the writing; or is it just Koslow's way of playing the character?
The way Lauren's playing the character. Here is the original quote in SOD from Lauren:

"What [Philip] suggests to [Kate] is to say she's mentally ill and I think she is very afraid of that, that that is the truth and she can't accept it."

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Sep 16 2009, 06:43 PM
esp13
Sep 16 2009, 06:39 PM
Chloe is important to him, but it's his mother...I totally get him trying to protect her..
I agree. Not only that but Chloe just cheated on his brother and left him for Daniel so I don't think he gives a flip what happens to her right now, past or no past.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 06:59 PM
px780
The way Lauren's playing the character. Here is the original quote in SOD from Lauren:

"What [Philip] suggests to [Kate] is to say she's mentally ill and I think she is very afraid of that, that that is the truth and she can't accept it."

How can it be just the way she is playing the character if she claims Philip actually suggests this to her? The fact that he suggests it means it is mentioned in the writing.

Lauren has been playing it like Kate is disturbed. That much is clear but, in the scenes described here, her wording suggests that it's mentioned by Philip onscreen.

cassie1013

Hey, the fun part of this story is guessing who she's gonna cheat with, LoL! With Kate, it's inevitable....

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Sep 16 2009, 07:05 PM
Ellie
px780

How can it be just the way she is playing the character if she claims Philip actually suggests this to her? The fact that he suggests it means it is mentioned in the writing.

Lauren has been playing it like Kate is disturbed. That much is clear but, in the scenes described here, her wording suggests that it's mentioned by Philip onscreen.
Px asked about "the fear of being mentally ill" and Lauren's quote was, "I think she is very afraid of that." Meaning that Lauren's interpretation is that Kate is afraid she's really mentally ill. Philip just tells her to use it as a defense. He's probably just trying to find her an 'out' to use in court.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 07:10 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 16 2009, 07:05 PM
Ellie
px780

Px asked about "the fear of being mentally ill" and Lauren's quote was, "I think she is very afraid of that." Meaning that Lauren's interpretation is that Kate is afraid she's really mentally ill. Philip just tells her to use it as a defense. He's probably just trying to find her an 'out' to use in court.
Right but it is actually mentioned in the scene, according to the quote, which is what PX was asking.

I'm sure it won't develop into anything but still interesting they bothered to mention it in the writing as opposed to Lauren simply having to hint at it in her acting.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I don't see how it really matters either way. It's entirely possible Lauren got to that conclusion from something in the script that hinted towards Kate being afraid that she could be mentally ill... if that makes any sense whatsoever.
Edited by fenderbabe, Sep 16 2009, 07:32 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It doesn't really matter, I was just curious what sparked the idea that Kate's afraid she's mentally ill and where it came from because I would be shocked if it were something the writers integrated. It's a bit more complex than their usual fare, imho.

Thanks for clarifying, folks!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That could be it, fenderbabe, but she mentioned Philip bringing it up.

Your right though. It shouldn't be a big deal but IMO the fact they even brought it up is because it's what I've wanted them to explore all along. Lauren had been playing Kate as being mentally disturbed IMO so it being specifically mentioned by Philip was a surprise.

Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 16 2009, 07:36 PM.

dooldooldool

Hmmm, I do recall that part of Vivian's 1990s plot to destroy Kate involved saving Laura Horton from the mental ward at Pine Haven Sanitarium. Maybe Viv will try to send Kate to the same fate that Laura endured for 18 years (thanks to Kate)................

Keith
Member Avatar

I would love if they brought the "mental illness" full circle and have Kate be forced to face what Laura did, but I'm not holding my breath.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Sep 17 2009, 05:26 AM
I would love if they brought the "mental illness" full circle and have Kate be forced to face what Laura did, but I'm not holding my breath.
I thought about that, too.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Well this sounds potentially good, but I will only be cautiously optimistic.

Ana75
Member Avatar

This sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see what happens with this storyline.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I love Friday's show where Stefano says "I've captured the queen" as they are playing chess. Kate is desperate man. Marrying him is simple for her right now.

nanasmiles

I don't think we'll see a lot of interaction between Kate and Nicole, since Nicole and EJ are leaving for France on their honeymoon. It won't be long before Ari is on maternity leave, too. Too bad. I would love to see if Kate and/or EJ remember which bedroom to go to at night.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply