Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Daniel proposes to Chloe; 9/29 issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Sep 16 2009, 02:27 PM (4,370 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Shawn Christian, and this week's SOW features an interview with Nadia Bjorlin.

Daniel escapes from the motel where Kate tied him up, but because Kate had knocked him unconscious, he has trouble walking. He ends up collapsing in the park. He finally makes it to the hospital [the magazines don't say how], and Stefano has someone there waiting to arrest him. At that point, Lucas comes up to talk to Daniel. Daniel apologizes for all of the issues he's caused, but then Lucas punches him and knocks him out. Nadia Bjorlin tells SOW that this is "a great, torturous struggle" for Daniel to finally get to Chloe.

Lucas is arrested, and then Chloe goes to Daniel's hospital room, where he's lying unconscious. Bjorlin tells SOW that Chloe "wakes him up with her voice and her sweet kiss."

Daniel tells Chloe he'll never leave her, but Bjorlin explains that "the legalities of it are a big problem for her", because she's still married to Lucas. Chloe tells Daniel that she needs to talk to a priest.

Chloe talks with Father Matt, who, as Bjorlin says, "tells her to follow her heart and be with her true love." Then Chloe talks to Lucas, and he tells her that the relationship that the two of them had was never really love. He tells her it was just a rebound relationship. Bjorlin says that this "sets Chloe free". At this point, Daniel proposes to Chloe and tells her that he's finished running away from his feelings for her. Shawn Christian tells SOD that Daniel says, "I'm going to be your security blanket; I'm going to be yours forever. You are mine, I am yours. Let's get married."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh gag me with a spoon.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 02:27 PM
"a great, torturous struggle"
Hee. I think they used similar language last week and I believe the credit goes to IMissAremid for pointing out that was a perfect description of the storyline.

Well, at least Lucas and Chloe will FINALLY be over. I'll deal with my non-fondness for Danloe later.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Ellie

Ok, I don't usually make comments on these, but:

1) I HATE when religion is used like this. How convenient that Chloe finds the one priest who would tell her to throw away her marriage for the guy she's been cheating with.

2) How convenient that now we find out that Lucas and Chloe's relationship was purely rebound. Wish we'd known that last December when Chloe was formally accepted into the Horton family, and Chloe and Lucas dominated the holiday shows.

3) Shawn Christian just cracks me up. With Nadia's quotes, I see a bit of sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek phrasing, but Shawn C often sounds as intelligent as his character. That last quote is just...

4) It's so funny that the show seems to be banking on this couple as their big romantic/sexual draw, but it seems that for the most part, the audience is either indifferent to them or dislikes them intensely.

Guess it's silly to hope that they'll get married and move out of town? :frownie:

Alana
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 16 2009, 02:32 PM
Oh gag me with a spoon.

I am right there with you!

Yep, this is a "torturous struggle"....for the viewers!

Someone please make these "soulmates" surf out of Salem with the next big wave.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love when Bjorlin gets interviewed. She knows the stories are stupid, just like we do and she pokes fun of them in a subtle way. It's funny.

Tori

If it is a rebound thing why was it the one thing that sent Lucas to drinking again! Lucas stayed sober through the whole Carrie cheating thing, Lucas stayed sober through the whole Sami sleeping with EJ thing. Lucas learns that Chloe cheated and he went straight to the bottle not once BUT twice apparently.

Paxton
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 02:34 PM

1) I HATE when religion is used like this. How convenient that Chloe finds the one priest who would tell her to throw away her marriage for the guy she's been cheating with.

2) How convenient that now we find out that Lucas and Chloe's relationship was purely rebound. Wish we'd known that last December when Chloe was formally accepted into the Horton family, and Chloe and Lucas dominated the holiday shows.

3) Shawn Christian just cracks me up. With Nadia's quotes, I see a bit of sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek phrasing, but Shawn C often sounds as intelligent as his character. That last quote is just...

4) It's so funny that the show seems to be banking on this couple as their big romantic/sexual draw, but it seems that for the most part, the audience is either indifferent to them or dislikes them intensely.

Guess it's silly to hope that they'll get married and move out of town? :frownie:
1. Yes, I'd like to know a little bit more about Father Matt's school of theology. Plus, didn't God force Chloe to marry Lucas in order to keep him alive? Is Lucas going to die now because Chloe took the word of a lesser official to release her from her promise to God? I mean, really. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.

2. I too wish we'd found out Lucas and Chloe's relationship was a rebound way, way sooner. Like, back in July '08 would have been nice.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

:puke: :puke:

Ellie

Paxton
Sep 16 2009, 02:48 PM
1. Yes, I'd like to know a little bit more about Father Matt's school of theology. Plus, didn't God force Chloe to marry Lucas in order to keep him alive? Is Lucas going to die now because Chloe took the word of a lesser official to release her from her promise to God? I mean, really. It was stupid then and it's stupid now.
Thank you - I was trying to remember how Chloe's newfound faith originally factored in to her relationship with Lucas. Totally agree with you.

Quote:

2. I too wish we'd found out Lucas and Chloe's relationship was a rebound way, way sooner. Like, back in July '08 would have been nice.
Yep, that would've worked nicely!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 16 2009, 02:38 PM
I love when Bjorlin gets interviewed. She knows the stories are stupid, just like we do and she pokes fun of them in a subtle way. It's funny.
I could take her more seriously if she performed better onscreen. For instance, if Bryan Dattilo or Shawn Christian poked fun at things like her, I'm able to get behind them a lot more easily because they put their all into pretty much every scene, regardless of how shitty the material is. Nadia does nothing IMO.

However, I can't say I blame her for feeling the way she does because as entertaining as this story is IMO, it's so crazy and over the top (it's like an homage to JER 2.0) that you have to have fun with it and roll your eyes at it or else it becomes frustrating.

I'm just glad it's over and as much as I like SC, I hope that they just get married and leave Salem. I think that is what will happen too, especially since they seem content to let these two be together now.

Glad that Lucas and Chloe realize what happened between them was nothing but a rebound relationship. DUH! :laugh: .

Alana
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 02:34 PM

ICAM Ellie...especially on the religious aspect! "Poor" dad Walton obviously has to put in his five cents again and finally his blessing to turn this couple into one "made in heaven"! Not working!!!

Paxton
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 16 2009, 03:01 PM
Paxton
Sep 16 2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you - I was trying to remember how Chloe's newfound faith originally factored in to her relationship with Lucas. Totally agree with you.
Wait a minute though . . . I think there's a loophole. Lucas and Chloe got married at a JP in Vegas, NOT in church--thus, God didn't join them together so man can sunder them. And maybe Chloe figures she already violated her promise since surely God meant to marry in CHURCH, and since Lucas still hasn't died God isn't mad. Let's just say that's exactly as theologically sound as the original story.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

What Mason said :puke:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hope they get married and just leave the show together..

MrsDimera

I just hope they can get on a horse (or whatever!) and ride into the sunset and never be heard from again! :applause:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

How can they not be on their way out? They're all isolated.

Which kind of sucks- I hope these little shits don't get a happy ending while others wind up paralyzed by a random psychopath or are shot then disappear. Kate needs to finish these bastards off. Or Lucas does- run over them while driving drunk or something, I dunno. They can't be happy. Yet I don't care enough to follow any future on-screen strife.

I hope they don't think they're clever for reversing the Sleeping Beauty sex roles and having her kiss wake him up. But I fear that they might.

Thanks for posting!

Cupcake06

px780
Sep 16 2009, 06:58 PM

Which kind of sucks- I hope these little shits don't get a happy ending while others wind up paralyzed by a random psychopath or are shot then disappear. Kate needs to finish these bastards off. Or Lucas does- run over them while driving drunk or something, I dunno. They can't be happy. Yet I don't care enough to follow any future on-screen strife.

I hope they don't think they're clever for reversing the Sleeping Beauty sex roles and having her kiss wake him up. But I fear that they might.

Thanks for posting!
:laugh:

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

px780
Sep 16 2009, 06:58 PM

Thanks for posting!
You have no idea how loud this made me laugh. Thank you.

Sariah
Member Avatar

*sigh* - just when I think this story can't get any stupider, Days somehow manages.

Chloe's sudden religious conviction is ridiculous - particularly considering that she was never religious in the first place, and if she was deciding to be religious now and needed to have a priest's blessing, shouldn't she worry about some of those other sins she's been committing? Like lying, adultery, lust, etc.?

It lets me know how weak Danloe is that Days felt it necessary to have a priest giving his blessing. So pathetic that they wrote that God himself has to put an approval stamp on them in Days' attempt to try and convince the audience that Danloe doesn't suck.

Seriously - I know this board may not be indicative of the overall audience, but is there really and truly a large group of people behind this pairing? I don't get it.

And it's about damn time that they've finally admitted to Chloe and Lucas being nothing but rebound. As Paxton said, too bad it didn't happen a year ago. Think of all the crappy stories we would have been spared.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply