Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Crystal Chappell Interview with Michael Fairman
Topic Started: Sep 18 2009, 12:18 AM (3,221 Views)
Win

http://bit.ly/Bzhmv

MICHAEL: Now you come on to Days of Our Lives on October 2nd. How is it being back there? You have said previously in some tweets, it's not a Bo/Carly redo.

CRYSTAL: I have had a really great time. I have had to dust the cobwebs off. Trying to get back into that format is like riding a bike, but it does come back very quickly. I am grateful for the experience I had "GL" and going back to DAYS. What I like about DAYS right now are the stories they are telling. When I pick up my scripts its good writing and good old fashioned soap story. I am really enjoying them and I am enjoying how it's structured… the old soap hook at the end of the show. As far as Carly goes, I am really enjoying playing her. She is different than she used to be.

MICHAEL: What can we expect from her?

CRYSTAL: She is massively flawed.

MICHAEL: We like you when you play flawed!

CRYSTAL: She is flawed, but innately is a good person. She just makes bad choices sometimes and they get her into not just a little trouble, but a lot of trouble. I like that for a soap character.

MICHAEL: Now the tease is: it's a murder mystery that brings her back into Salem.

CRYSTAL: She has really killed someone, and she needs Bo's help to not only protect herself, but lots of other lives are in serious trouble if she does not get to him and get his help.

MICHAEL: Your husband, Michael Sabatino, also makes a return visit to DAYS.

CRYSTAL: Oh yes, he is as Lawrence. We had scenes together and it's been great… sharing a dressing room… and it's a killer dressing room.

MICHAEL: Are you in Deidre Hall's old dressing room?

CRYSTAL: I actually don't know where that was. I am in the hall. I so don't care. It's a nice place and they treat me very well.

MICHAEL: I spoke with Louise Sorel who is coming back as Carly's old nemesis, Vivian! We all cannot wait to see the sparks fly again between these two.

CRYSTAL: She starts next week. The story… it's good, really good! I am having fun doing it.

MICHAEL: Peter Reckell (Bo) told me on the red carpet at the Daytime Emmys, he was so looking forward to having you back on the show. Can we assume a triangle is in the works?

CRYSTAL: All I know is what we have now. When Carly comes back she is not available to Bo, it's more as an old friend. There has been no sense of anything romantic. Where they go with it, I don't know.

MICHAEL: NBC's promo sort of alluded that it could be a triangle.

CRYSTAL: I saw the promo, and it sort of showed how Carly's return will affect Bo's life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Same tidbits we got from before. Nothing new here.

And I don't believe for one damn second these writers don't have plans to pair Bo and Carly. Please!
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 18 2009, 12:41 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Win
Sep 18 2009, 12:18 AM
CRYSTAL: When I pick up my scripts its good writing and good old fashioned soap story. I am really enjoying them and I am enjoying how it's structured… the old soap hook at the end of the show. As far as Carly goes, I am really enjoying playing her. She is different than she used to be.

CRYSTAL: She is massively flawed, but innately is a good person. She just makes bad choices sometimes and they get her into not just a little trouble, but a lot of trouble. I like that for a soap character.

CRYSTAL: She has really killed someone, and she needs Bo's help to not only protect herself, but lots of other lives are in serious trouble if she does not get to him and get his help.

CRYSTAL: Oh yes, he is as Lawrence. We had scenes together and it's been great… sharing a dressing room… and it's a killer dressing room.
Every bit of this sounds ridiculously exciting. I can't wait until the story finally begins. It sucks that Louise Sorel is returning so long after Crystal though. I thought it was going to be the other way around?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

lol, "sort of"

Kenny
Member Avatar

Win

CRYSTAL: I saw the promo, and it sort of showed how Carly's return will affect Bo's life.
So Carly and Bo are gonna sit on a couch staring sleepily into the distance for the next few months? LoL

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm so friggen' excited!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Is this supposed to be Carly & Lawrence? I grabbed the pic from the interview. Larry doesn't look like he has aged as well as Carly.

Posted Image

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kenny
Sep 18 2009, 12:53 AM
Win

So Carly and Bo are gonna sit on a couch staring sleepily into the distance for the next few months? LoL
LOL, that's what I thought . . . huh? That promo didn't show (or tell) me anything.

Kailyn

well right now Hope isn't exactly a very supportive committed wife so if this is where it leads I say go for it. I am looking forward to Carly and especially if shes coming back with some mystery surrounding her and Bo can do something besides grovel at Hope's feet.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Sep 18 2009, 08:48 AM
Is this supposed to be Carly & Lawrence? I grabbed the pic from the interview. Larry doesn't look like he has aged as well as Carly.

Posted Image
EEE! Seeing them together on the DAYS set gets me even more excited. :cheer:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I still think Carly is going to accidentally kill Lawrence and that will be what brings Vivian back to Salem to be pitted against Carly...I know a few others had this speculation as well..

LiZa
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 18 2009, 12:40 AM
Same tidbits we got from before. Nothing new here.

And I don't believe for one damn second these writers don't have plans to pair Bo and Carly. Please!
Amen!! I don't see what the big deal about Carly's return is?! The bottom line she will come between Bo/Hope. Why can't they put her with someone else??? Leave Bo/Hope alone already.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm sure Carly will be involved as a spoiler in the Bo/Hope storyline. However, it seems to me that this will only happen after Justin already has ensconced his way in as well. Bo already resents Justin for his involvement and that is probably only going to get worse. So in a sense Carly is not the only spoiler here.

Mason
Member Avatar

Sabatino needs a haircut. He looks like Cliff Barnes!

daysfan
Member Avatar

I am so excited!!!!

I just pray that they don't mishandle this and make Carly into Billie 2.0, using her JUST as a Bo/Hope foil. After Billie's disasterous stints this decade, it really destroyed the character.

Kailyn

this script has already been played out. we have Carly in the Billie role we have Justin in the Patrick role and Hope leaving to run off to her little Island get away. and we have Patrick er I mean Justin telling her to stay with Bo all the while hoping she won't so he can be her hero and they can sleep together. I hope Carly will come back for more then this. but how many times has Corday made promises that somehow just don't come about?.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Intellectually I'm with those who think this will wind up with Carly as a Billie substitute. If the show lasts, it wouldn't surprise me for her and Bo's kid to show up at some point too.

But everytime I read the words "Vivian" and "return" I get super excited. Ridiculously excited. I'm dying to see her back to battle people. I mean- Sami is dead, the actress playing Nicole has injected too much vulnerability, Kate is a psychopath wasting her time on trash- we really need a great villainess. Someone who really owns their inappropriate manipulative behavior.

Can't wait.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the interview and the picture. Lawrence wasn't quite what I was expecting, maybe it's the lighting or the hair. :shrug:

Harmony233

px780
Sep 18 2009, 12:59 PM
Intellectually I'm with those who think this will wind up with Carly as a Billie substitute. If the show lasts, it wouldn't surprise me for her and Bo's kid to show up at some point too.

But everytime I read the words "Vivian" and "return" I get super excited. Ridiculously excited. I'm dying to see her back to battle people. I mean- Sami is dead, the actress playing Nicole has injected too much vulnerability, Kate is a psychopath wasting her time on trash- we really need a great villainess. Someone who really owns their inappropriate manipulative behavior.

Can't wait.
If Carly and Bo have a longlost kid.All I have to say is Bo sure has some powerful sperm.LOL For that kid to have survived being buried alive.Besides we already did the longlost kid story with Carly.But yeah don't want her to turn into Billie either.

Harmony233

It certainely doesn't take much to make CC happy does it?She sounded so excited about her dressing room.LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply