Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; 9/21 - 9/25
Topic Started: Sep 21 2009, 01:48 AM (6,359 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

I know that Nathan and Melanie are supposed to be the rooting couple, but something yesterday about Phillip and Melanie made me happy. I do agree that they are each other's bad habit, but Melanie obviously has a thing for Phillip. Why didn't she tell him that Nathan would bail her out and to go back to Stephanie. Speaking of, where is Stephanie? I doubt she'd be happy that he is being her savior.
Also, I got the impression that Nathan was more into Stephanie than Melanie, so maybe I'd like those two to have a chance - although they are a bit too alike.
Anyways, I feel the tension between Melanie and Phillip...kind of like a train wreck or something.

PR and KA did great today. PR was just awesome and I really felt for him.

Kate and Stefano would be so much fun to watch. I love when Kate threw her tantrum and Stefano got all "you will respect me" with her! Good stuff! I can't help but wonder if Vivian will come back to cause trouble for them.

And while I have been enjoying the Danloe cheese this year, Dan stumbling around and Chloe wearily getting out of bed to try to find him was a little too much. And I don't condone violence at all, especially towards women, but if anyone needed to be smacked, I wish Lucas would have hit Chloe. She has blatantly lied to his face, fell in love with another man but married out of guilt and stupid promises, totally led him on, and the first thing she does when she gets out of her coma is proclaim her love to Dan and run out of bed to be with him? She doesn't even come off as sorry about it to Lucas.
I just wanted to smack the mess out of Hope and Chloe today!

Good show!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PHELLE FOREVER

God, Philip/Melanie are just all kinds of awesome! They are so hot together. There is no HEAT between Melanie and Nathan. Give me a PHELANIE! :cheer:

aimees76
Member Avatar

I'm still on last week, but I just wanted to pop in here to say :wub: Lucas :wub:

I miss Lucas. It's been so long since he has been written true to character. I really wish these writers would quit being so lazy and selfish and just write for the characters we have and in their true form.

And yes, Chloe and Hope are both in need of numerous smacks upside the head (I don't need to be caught up to know that ;) )

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

wow, ej is really an asshole. obviously, what he told nicole was the truth, and i think everyone knows it, including nicole, but to come out and say it to her face (on their honeymoon, no less) really takes the cake. this is really the point in the story where i'd love nicole to say 'fuck this' and run off with sydney, but sadly, we have to watch her convince herself that the best she can do is some guy that only wants to be with her because of their kid. blech. i guess this is one of the pitfalls of plot-based writing.

i guess i can also finally see why corday said that a love interest for hope wouldn't work in the upcoming story--it's because they're writing hope to be such a raging bitch right now, that the only thing that makes sense is for bo to move on with someone else.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

When the hell did Chloe get so religious?

esp13
Member Avatar

Right about the time the writers thought that it would be an interesting plot point for Chloe to seek permission from God to dump Lucas for Daniel and then make a promise to God to stay with Lucas if Lucas didn't die from the explosion.

BillieD
Member Avatar

So what would have happened if Father Matt told Chloe she MUST honor her wedding vows?
Get religion out of this story, please!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Sep 22 2009, 12:28 PM
wow, ej is really an asshole. obviously, what he told nicole was the truth, and i think everyone knows it, including nicole, but to come out and say it to her face (on their honeymoon, no less) really takes the cake. this is really the point in the story where i'd love nicole to say 'fuck this' and run off with sydney, but sadly, we have to watch her convince herself that the best she can do is some guy that only wants to be with her because of their kid. blech. i guess this is one of the pitfalls of plot-based writing.

i guess i can also finally see why corday said that a love interest for hope wouldn't work in the upcoming story--it's because they're writing hope to be such a raging bitch right now, that the only thing that makes sense is for bo to move on with someone else.
Re: EJ & Nicole, I really had no problem with the general idea behind that conversation. It's one that should have been written months ago because it's perfectly understandable to me that BOTH of them--not just EJ, frankly--would question whether getting married was the right thing to do. I have always considered it ridiculous that any man in EJ's financial situation would marry a woman simply because he got her pregnant, and I do think he loves her so I don't buy that anyway, but that aside, I don't have a problem with him saying what he said. He didn't say he wouldn't have had any sort of relationship with her, merely that he didn't know if he would have married her without their child. And I did like that it had zero to do with Sami; EJ could have had nobody in his life prior to Nicole and still have had that same exact conversation, though as you point out the timing of it was insensitive. But anyway, the whole point of the conversation was to reinforce Nicole's decision to keep her secret and as such, is just another example of our wonderful plot-point writing.

As for Hope, I agree that she's being written as such a bitch I can't take her seriously at all. It's so obvious to me that they're trying to justify Justin/Hope and Bo/Carly when she comes back that I can't bring myself to get worked up about her being so ridiculous. Hope has never been one of my favorites but I'm not going to hate her for acting like this when the writers are so clearly trying to tell me what to think. I wish they'd just write the story and let me decide how I feel about it.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I love that Stefano knew that EJ and Kate had a history together. I really can't wait to see what EJ has to say about it. Love that Stefano didn't want to talk about it with him! But why does Ej always come off as this little pansy ass when calling about his daddy. Stefano is a grown man who has come back from the dead numerous times...why is EJ so worried about him?
And yes, EJ could have picked a much better time to tell Nicole that they married for the baby than on his honeymoon. I so can't wait for this whole baby thing to come out so we can get confident Nicole back who would say something like "I only wanted to marry you because you were my baby's daddy and you are a fine ass man to wake up to in the morning". RealNicole and RealEJ are so much better together than SaveMyAssNicole and CluelessEJ.

Fr. Matt and Chloe was just gagsville! What a load of shit! Fr. Matt telling Chloe that she did all she can to forget about Daniel, so now it is okay for her to break her wedding vow? What kind of priest is this? Its not like she even got married in the Church anyways, so what the hell does it matter?
The whole exchange made me loathe Danloe! Well, mostly Chloe...and damn if NB's acting has improved slightly.

Tori

luvpumpkns
Sep 22 2009, 12:28 PM

I guess I read that scene entirely differently. EJ was being honest and Nicole knew all of that - that was the reason she hid her miscarriage! That is the reason she was willing to buy a baby and fake her pregnancy because she knew that EJ was only with her because of the baby. That's why she went to such extreme measures. So EJ confirms it and then he goes on to say that even though he only married her because of Sydney that he also was the happiest he'd ever been - so his confession was a good thing he wasn't being an ass at all.
Edited by Tori, Sep 22 2009, 02:33 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ Tori, when you put it that way, it makes a whole lot more sense. Maybe this is a part of the catalyst for Nicole's forgiveness in EJ's eyes...EJ said it himself. The reason they were together in the beginning was for the pregnancy. She knew it. She has said it all along. And the reason she got in over her head when she miscarried.
So when the truth comes out, EJ will at least be able to understand what her mindset was.
Not like he ever did anything extreme to keep someone he loved. :)

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

my problem with ej's confession is that you learn to be tactful when you love and care about someone. i mean think about it this way--would you want your partner telling you your ass looks really fat in those jeans? no, you want your partner to say you look great. yes, honesty is important, but sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut if you're going to hurt someone's feelings.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Sep 22 2009, 03:55 PM.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Quote:

So when the truth comes out, EJ will at least be able to understand what her mindset was.
Not like he ever did anything extreme to keep someone he loved.
The thing is that EJ won't remember any of this. He never does. I think he is like that fish from Finding Nemo. He has short term memory and can't remember shit he did or said just mere moments before.

I got EJ's confession and all, but it was just frustrating because for months and months (and rather earnestly and sincerely) he has been saying and doing by words and actions the opposite and reassuring Nicole that he didn't marry her because of the baby, blah, blah, blah. Hell, he even said that in his vows, so it did make him look like a raging asshole, which isn't exactly news. The writers are doing him no favors. If they had (the writers) or the actor had shown a bit more doubt or uncertainty about EJ's feelings for Nicole, I don't think the character would be coming off as bad.

EJ, Massengill called. They want their douche back. But you can keep the nozzle.
Edited by shytstarter, Sep 22 2009, 04:29 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Sep 22 2009, 03:53 PM
my problem with ej's confession is that you learn to be tactful when you love and care about someone. i mean think about it this way--would you want your partner telling you your ass looks really fat in those jeans? no, you want your partner to say you look great. yes, honesty is important, but sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut if you're going to hurt someone's feelings.
Sometimes your true inner feelings are better kept inside, you spare your partner this type of cruelty.

Otherwise, the Ejole interaction was too sickenly sweet, pass me the insulin. :puke:

Satano was so entertaining today, he was giddy as a spring bride, it was kinda cute.

Alligato
Member Avatar

LMAO, shyt!
And I agree. He has said more times than not that he truly loves Nicole, and it wasn't because of the baby.

But for the plot point writing, maybe this is being brought up now of all times because the reveal is weeks away and we need a reason that EJ won't go batshit. Not like his batshitness for Sami was any big deal.
I guess it all depends on what EJ's reaction is.
If he flips out and starts yelling that she should have trusted his love for her, he should get the douche crown.
If he understands, then maybe this conversation had purpose.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Sep 22 2009, 04:48 PM
If he flips out and starts yelling that she should have trusted his love for her, he should get the douche crown.
I fully expect him to say, "How could you lie to me? I told you repeatedly I love you and you know I didn't marry you just for Sydney's sake." Because that will be necessary for the next plot point.

shytstarter:

Quote:

The thing is that EJ won't remember any of this. He never does. I think he is like that fish from Finding Nemo. He has short term memory and can't remember shit he did or said just mere moments before.

Hee! I love that movie, as does my husband, who likes to randomly say, "Nemo! . . . That's a nice name." And, "STOP FOLLOWING ME!" Perfect analogy.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Alligato
But for the plot point writing, maybe this is being brought up now of all times because the reveal is weeks away and we need a reason that EJ won't go batshit.
I agree that it was brought up for the reveal but I dont think it was necessary to keep EJ from going bsc. Grace's death already should show him how much of a favor Nicole did for him. The obstacle will be EJ's ego that somebody fooled him and that'll be the reason (if he does) of him going baserk. [oh please I hope James doesn't give another performance like the last reveal. :scared: I also hope Casey/Chad doesn't study those scenes and copies James' portrayal when Chad finds out about Mia hiding paternity of their deceased baby.]

Tori

Halloween Family
Sep 22 2009, 05:15 PM
Alligato
But for the plot point writing, maybe this is being brought up now of all times because the reveal is weeks away and we need a reason that EJ won't go batshit.
I agree that it was brought up for the reveal but I dont think it was necessary to keep EJ from going bsc. Grace's death already should show him how much of a favor Nicole did for him. The obstacle will be EJ's ego that somebody fooled him and that'll be the reason (if he does) of him going baserk. [oh please I hope James doesn't give another performance like the last reveal. :scared: I also hope Casey/Chad doesn't study those scenes and copies James' portrayal when Chad finds out about Mia hiding paternity of their deceased baby.]
I thought James was Brilliant! Casey should study James!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Tori
Sep 22 2009, 05:30 PM
Halloween Family
Sep 22 2009, 05:15 PM
Alligato
I thought James was Brilliant! Casey should study James!
No, dont encourage that!!! Casey, step away from those reels!!!

I am glad you enjoyed it tho.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Just watched Monday's show and i loved the Bo, Hope and Justin scenes..Great acting by all 3. Loved that Bo mentioned that Hope ran away before...I'm really enjoying this storyline right now...

Also the Kate and Stefano pairing is delicious..Great scenes with those two...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply